The Gritti Palace, Venice, Venice
Close to St. Mark’s Square
Located in the San Marco district, The Gritti Palace offers a great location next to the Grand Canal and just a short walk from the Salute Waterbus. Santa Maria del Giglio, the Rialto Bridge, and St. Mark’s Square are all just under a mile away.
Take a gondola ride
Set off on a tour of St. Mark’s Square, including a ride to the top of the Campanile for a view of the city, or take a ride on a gondola beneath the Bridge of Sighs. You can also do some shopping on the nearby streets of Le Mercerie then relax with a cappuccino in a local café.
Al fresco dining on the Grand Canal
After a day of sightseeing, treat yourself to a foot bath or a massage at the hotel’s Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Spa, then dine on the terrace at Club del Doge Restaurant, where you’ll enjoy incredible views of the Grand Canal.
Luxury and comfort
Luxurious guestrooms feature classic design elements with some offering high ceilings and others having stand-up balconies. All rooms offer safes, free wireless Internet access and daily newspapers, and bathrooms with bathrobes and slippers.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 866-539-8117from $673
- Sestiere Suite
- Venetian room
- Serenissima Suite
- Double Room, 1 Queen Bed
- Suite, 1 King Bed
- Double or Twin Room
- Deluxe Double Room
- SERENISSIMA SUITE
- Grand Double Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds, Canal View
- Deluxe Room
- Serenissima Suite
- Giglio Prestige Room
- Venetian Style Double room
- Landmark Grand Canal View Room
At a glance
- This hotel has 82 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 4 floors
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-out time is noon
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
Travelling with others
- Babysitting/childcare *
- Pets allowed
- Restrictions apply *
- Up to 5 kg
- Roll-away beds available, charges may apply*
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in public areas
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in rooms
- No parking
Nearby Five Star Venice hotels
In the hotel
- Breakfast (surcharge)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Conference space size (feet) - 1291
- Conference space size (meters) - 120
- One meeting room
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Year Built 1525
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
In the room
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Pay movies
- Satellite TV channels
- Free newspaper
- Free WiFi
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Top Venice hotels
Recently reviewed hotels in Venice
- Royal San Marco HotelFrom
"Great Location & Neighborhood,"Mar 7, 2015
- La CalcinaFrom
"Excellent location and excellent food. Lovely views from room of canals. Have been there before and would definitely go back again."Mar 7, 2015
- Palazzo SelvadegoFrom
"The location was great...although finding the "hidden" hotel can be challenging! I thought the room was small compared to other place that I have stayed in Venice. Although the…"Mar 7, 2015
- Residence Corte GrimaniFrom
"Very well run with large rooms in a great location. What more could you want?"Mar 7, 2015
DiningClub del Doge - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Bar Longhi - This bar serves light fare only.
Awards and affiliations
- The Gritti Palace, Venice is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.
The Gritti Palace, Venice, Venice’s small print
Also known as
- The Gritti Palace, Venice Venice
- The Gritti Palace, Venice
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments and can be made by contacting the property before arrival at the number on the booking confirmation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. 30% reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
Rollaway beds are available for EUR 125 per day
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.