All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2900 Belmar St, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"TropiRock "Rocks""
I enjoyed my stay at TropiRock. Very nice hotel for the price. The location was ideal to my vacation. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Taya B
"Central Fort Lauderdale"
It was a pleasure to be a guest, during a Tripp across Florida. The value for money **** Central location Free parking Equipment contemporary Free Wi-Fi in the room
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Great place for the price"
If you want the Ritz then book the Ritz. If you want a good location, clean room and can bear a few quirks then this is ideal. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the room was very clean and well appointed, the only down side is the thin walls. However, for what I paid it was excellent value.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"First Trip To Fort Lauderdale"
The staff was very nice. Anything you needed or any questions you had they were there to help. I like how they provided information on go to spots and discounted places. My only issue was that I had a deluxe studio king reserved and was given a room with double beds
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
L
"Nice place for a few nights"
Very friendly staff. Nice pool free coffee. 2 blocks to ocean
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
family fruendly
"Loved the hotel grounds"
This was a very casual stay. Lots of families as well as couples. Great pool, love the beach access out to the beach. The hotel is a little older but had flatscreens. The only comfort complaint I had was in our room the sofa bed was in terrible condition. There were two springs completely popped up in the middle of the bed. Making it extremely uncomfortable and impossible to sleep in. If we did not need the sofa bed the rating would be higher.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
"Excellent Location, Helpful Staff, Great Value!!"
Best price and great location. Definitely a "value" destination with some class. Two minute walk from the ocean. Would recommend to anyone!!!
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2014
wilsonm
"Great for a quick stay"
We stopped at the TropiRock for a one night stay and there seemed to be only one person on staff. The guy who checked us in was apparently also the security for a few of the other properties owned with Tropirock. He was extremely friendly and accommodating although he did seemed press for time. The hotel room was extremely clean and worth the price for the area it was in. My only complaint was that the bathrooms are a little outdated.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
"Great spot near beach"
I had a great experience here. Only stayed for one night but wished to stay longer. Great location and great staff. I recommended my father to stay there for his 6 day stay coming this month!
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
chacha
"nice location,"
close walk to the beach, only bad thing was hotel needed some updating and a little more cleaning, pool was cloudy also
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"near the beach"
funky hotel short walk to beach and main tourist location. Only brief overnight stay but was able to walk out in evening for water taxi tour and meal and get in quick swim in morning at the beach. Pool was available and looked well maintained. Didn't stay long enough to tell how noisy it might be but it was off the main drag. Parking was available for free but might be limited if it's busy.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
norman
"Will do if you don't expect much"
Stayed for one night with my family. Very old property, needs major lift. Clean and charming. Hope owners will renovate but would keep exsisting design. No elevator. Pool rather small, but clean and surrounding area nice to relax in the evening. Would stay again
1 night trip May 20, 2014
Angel
"Hidden Gem"
Well managed property just 5 minute walk to the beach. Front desk staff are friendly and professional. It is an older property, think Lauderdale of the '80s, but clean and comfy. We had only 2 days in Florida and it was great value at less than $100/night off season.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
Christopher
Nice hotel at a location close to the beach.
2 night trip May 21, 2014
Marcel
"Decent Place at a Decent Rate"
I liked the TropiRock. It is nice to stay in a hotel with character. The preservationist crowd would enjoy. It is like going back in time. A very short safe walk to the beach makes this a great place. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 28, 2014
This is the place to stay if you just need a bed and somewhere to keep your stuff. The room was large and clean. The walls were pretty thin and noise carried very easily from the stairs and walkways. It's off the main drag so traffic noise wasn't a problem.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Brent
"Older motel, outdated"
We were on our anniversary trip. They put us in a room by the street. You could hear the traffic, so I requested another room. They were booked, so they found us a nicer room at their other location(Tranquilo) for the same price. It was very nice, recently updated in a modern décor. All of the staff people were friendly and helpful. I would stay at Tranquilo again, but not TropiRock.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Poor layout - noisy neighbors."
Check in was very confusing. I went to the building where I was told to check in. Initially, the person I was dealing with sounded like I was in the wrong place. He then asked me to wait, and told me to follow him to the building, where we went to the (closed) office and completed the check in process. When we got to the room, a woman was seated in the guest chair immediately outside our suite smoking. She was gone when we returned in a couple hours, but had been replaced by another woman who was talking noisily on the phone and yelling back and forth with the folks in what appeared to be her room. A party was going on there. Our room had a connecting door to the party room, and no sound insulation whatsoever. Worse yet, the bed was right by that door. I decided to call the office if the party did not quiet down by midnight, but was unsure about incurring the wrath of the partiers next door. I held off a few minutes, and they quieted down about 12:15am. I had to be up at 7am, to drive several hours, and the room was ruined by the noise. The layout of the hotel made our room practically part of the neighbor's space.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Patrick
"Room with no View"
This place is hidden behind all the nice hotels and is a model of the building techniques of the 50 &60. No view, no one on site at night, no power outlets for the kids to plug in phones or computers. The only chair in the room was a old wooden school desk chair.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Nice hotel, two blocks from the beach."
I didn't know what to expect when I booked a room at this hotel online, but I'm very glad we had the opportunity to stay here. It's much nicer than I expected. I thought, for the price, it would be an O.K. place to stay, but I was really surprised at the wonderful, tropical atmosphere. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the pool was great. We had delicious dinner and breakfast at their open air restaurant and we enjoyed the short walk to the beach. We will gladly stay here again the next time we're in Fort Lauderdale.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Danny
"Nice affordable hotel in Fort Lauderdale"
Beautiful, cozy, affordable hotel just seconds away from Fort Lauderdale Beach. The rooms were very spacious. Our room offered a kitchenette, with fridge, stove and dishes. Large closet with security boxes. Friendly staff. Very nice pool, surrounded by trees and plants, along side a sitting area where you can barbecue or enjoy the e ending air. Feels like you are in your very own tropical paradise. I booked on Expedia.com and the rates were fantastic compared to the prices of other hotels in the area.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Great quaint place"
This is not a 5 star hotel but it has charm and personality of its own which gives it a great character. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a little outdated but clean. They are located just a block from the Fort Lauderdale beach we only stayed for one nite but is was enjoyable.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Darryl
"Pluses and Minuses"
For what we paid when comparing to other similar hotels along this stretch, it was a good deal. It's not the most plush of the North Beach properties, but it's way less expensive that some and as a guest of any of the North Beach properties, you can access the other locations' pools and spas (except for the clothing optional ones - natch). The service was fine, but not great - our room didn't get cleaned one day and eventhough we were out for most of the day until late afternoon, the room was never cleaned until after 4 pm, and the front desk is closed after 8 pm, so you have to call the main line for any after hour services. Also, paying less means your neighbors aren't always the most respectful - one group smoked in their room all night and it drifted into our room through the adjoining door and the next group were up making noise until 4 am. The pool area is fine, but again, the beach is two blocks away and you can go to the nicer hotel's pools if you want, within a block or two. Would stay again, but would also look into maybe paying a bit more and staying at the Royal Palm or Tranquilo, which were more updated and nicer clientele.
5 night trip with friends May 1, 2014
G
"Great beach hotel, but to noisy."
Hotel was great except for one major issue, noisy guests and paper thin walls. We were woken up at 2am when drunk neighbours came back to their room to chat and break glasses, then woken up early in the morning when they were talking on their phone loudly outside our room. WORST NIGHTS SLEEP. Lucky we only stayed one night, we needed to leave to get sone sleep. Its a shame because other than that it was a nice hotel,comfortable bed, clean and good location.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Rachel
"great place"
Lobby closes at 8pm and we had to way 20 minutes for someone to come and check us in, not to happy with that. It's a quiet neighborhood and not many places to eat, you will need a car. It's a place that we will probably go back
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Alexandra
"A Very Fine Hotel For a Very Fine Price"
I have been to Ft. Lauderdale too many times to count in my life and have stayed in a number of different hotels and motels. This one ranks #1. My wife and I and young son stayed here for eight days from 4/21 to April 29 and were were truly impressed by the large room, the amenities, the friendly and hefpful staff, the proximity of the beach and the great price. Included at no extra charge were a full size fridge and stove as well as a microwave as well as of course ac. The room had a big flat screen tv set which received many stations. One would be hard pressed to find better overall value for what we received in terms of the price and overall level of comfort., The only sure thing is that next year we won't have to search for a hotel-we have found the perfect one for our needs.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Close to Beach"
Very nice, room clean, and close to beach. The staff was friendly and the pool was great.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"The hotel is clean and the location is great."
The hotel is very clean and is close to the beach. The price is great too. But the everything in the hotel is old.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"No Early Check-in"
I stayed here at the end of a cruise vacation. After getting off the ship about 9:30am, I went to the hotel. We were told check-in was at 3pm, but they would try to get us into our room early. That didn't happen. Ended up having to sit by the pool from noon until a 3pm before we could get into our room. The location is a bit of a walk to the majority of the bars and restaurants (1/2 mile plus). Only other issues was a lack of enough plugs in the room for charging phone/music players/tablets, etc.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Cozy hotel close to the beach"
Cozy, clean hotel with many amenities nearby. The cook-in kitchen was sufficient for small meals. The housekeeping staff didn't an excellent job daily. A comfortable room for 2 but in need of a club chair or sofa. Nice pool area, rarely crowded during the day.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
TinaC
Tropirock is an older hotel that has been renovated and has a good location and good price. Bed comfortable and big. Room clean and cared for. It is great to see these older motels being brought back to life.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"problems at tropi Rock"
Go tin late, settled in. Supposed to be a studio with 2 queen beds. Not, the beds were double.OOps, after getting to bed late found out the toilet didn't work. Had to wait for the night person to come back and move us to another room..also with double beds. Next morning, found the day staff to be very pleasant. I have called to ask the manager twice to give me a decent discount on the fee due to problems. He has not bothered to call back.So, I don't recommend this hotel!!!!
1 night trip Mar 31, 2014
"Excellent for the price"
Room was spotless and spacious. Some defects were visible, but they were decorated to make them look intentional, so i found it funny. They charge a hold of about 200 dollars for damages, and they provide no free room items (toothpaste was 2 dollars for the travel size), but overall the place was great. Me and my lady could walk to bars and restaurants, and the beach was only two short blocks away, and the room had a stove and dishes. Wish we could have stayed longer but it was only the one night before the cruise. I'd definitely stay here again. The manager booked the shuttle for us the next day and it was punctual and affordable. Couldn't really ask for more. Hotel was close to the airport and even closer to the cruise port. Just make sure you google the hotel before you let your taxi driver "act lost". It cost me an extra 5 bucks.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2014
Dante
Right on the beach. The vibe is amazing, very zen.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Convenient location"
Hotel was about two blocks away from the beach and about a mile (10 minute walk) from beach place where all the restaurants and bars were. The location was great, but I'm glad I only stayed there one night. The hotel uses actual keys, similar to ones that you use for your house and at least for our room it was difficult to to get unlock the top and bottom lock and it took two of us to do it. The room was clean and had enough space, but the beds were on tile and were on wheels so if you moved around too much the bed would move with you. In all, good for one night if you're just trying to find somewhere to stay for the night or even a couple of hours, but I wouldn't stay longer than that. Especially when I know I can find some place better for the same rate.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Nikki
"nice funky hotel near the beach in Fort Lauderdale"
this is a fun, funky hotel. It's a nice break from the chains that I stay in when I travel for work. The rooms are a little rustic, but it's a clean and fun place with lots of cool little architectural details and well maintained landscaping. The pool was recently renovated and has a Pebbletec finish and it's a salt pool (just like my pool at home) and is wonderful for a quick swim after you've been to the beach. My wife and I would stay here again. If you're picky snob, stay somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Travel up and down the east coast of Florida"
This hotel was very close and convenient to both FLL and the beach. Our (2) day stay was great. We would visit again.
2 night trip Apr 9, 2014
Rico & Coco
"Nice hotel great staff."
This is a very good hotel with an accommodating staff. I spent 7 nights and the bed was comfortable and the AC worked great. It is an older hotel that is cared for very well. Clean almost to the point of sparkling. The staff went out of their way to ensure my needs and request. The hotel is about 750 feet from the ocean and about 3/4 of a mile to the entertainment area of Fort Lauderdale beach. Thanks to the staff for helping in making my vacation enjoyable.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Keith
"Artsy Beach Stay"
We booked this hotel for a one night stay prior to taking a cruise. I wish I'd had more time there. I tend to like smaller neighborhood hotels and this fit the bill. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Our red eye flight got us into Fort Lauderdale several hours before we were supposed to check in but we were offered a place to store our luggage and given towels for the beach/pool. And they had a restroom we could change in. Poolside was very comfortable and green - loved all the plants and trees. Since the building is probably from the 1940s or 50s, the toilet had some flushing issues but the shower was stronger/better than expected and the rooms had lovely tile floors and a brand new large flat screen TV. King-sized bed was very comfy too. Location was great, just a two block quick walk to the beach. I would definitely stay there again before heading out for our next cruise.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014
The place was very clean. Beds were comfortable and the staff was really friendly. Things like the bathroom fixtures are very outdated but it's so clean it did not bother me.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Enjoyed our stay very much...right near the beach and all the happenings. Nice Staff and clean...would go back again .
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
hbcindylou
"No updates in a long time"
Stay here only if you want very basic accommodations, and are more interested in the beach nearby. The bathroom especially looked like 1972
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
RMB
"We loved our stay."
I mean close to the beach, pool, awesome room: pretty much great. We were really close to a general store as well as tons of restaurants. We had a great trip. Prepare yourself for a pink bathroom though.... That's a thing.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
vacationer
"Great relaxing garden surrounding pool."
The room was nothing special, although nice. The garden around the pool was well kept and had nice, intimate places to sit. Hotel is only two blocks from the beach at the north end of the main beach area. Can walk to a lot of bars, restaurants and shopping areas. Other needs are only a short drive.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"A GREAT BARGAIN"
This hotel is small and a great bargain for being so close to the beach.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
wgc
"Good value, good location close to the beach"
Nice sized Ikea furnished room with lots of drawer space and large closet. Flat screen TV. Separate kitchen area with full size fridge, stove, micowave, coffee maker and dining table. Front desk friendly and helpful, as was the maid service who was happy to give you more towels, coffee, etc. Small pool looked clean but didn't use it.....went to the beach just two short blocks away. Only negatives: 1-Bathroom original 1950's type (looks like the original pink sink), new tiles, tub and toilet, but no counter space. But clean. 2-Floor dirty as evidenced by what washed off my feet in the shower. Not a 5-star property, by far, but great for the value-minded.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Bob & Gine
"just an over night"
very noise hotel....it really does not matter where you stay, all the rooms are super noise...if you are looking to relax, don't stay here...location is good but i won't stay again.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Stepping Back in time"
This small hotel is part of a larger group of small hotels in a three block radius. These hotels are owned by the same man whose vision of Fort Lauderdale included the restoration and economic growth of the area.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
WGC
"Decent"
Nothing fancy, but decent and it was a good price for the area.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Scary place."
Scary place! I did not feel safe in this hotel. We checked in after hours, the place was locked. We called phone number that was taped to the door,after short wait (5-10 minutes) on the dark street someone checked us in. Steep steps into the entry hallway were tough to maneuver with luggage. The elevator to the 3rd floor where our room was terrifying! If you saw the movie "Unfaithful" with Richard Gere and Diane Lane then you have seen a similar elevator but this one was only the size of phone booth. While the front door to the hotel was locked and you needed a code to enter there was also a stairway which we dragged our luggage down to leave literally 5 minutes after checking in, that was wide open with people from the street coming in and out. While the rooms appeared cleaned and our room had a full kitchen it looked more to be temporary housing then a vacation hotel. The next day the hotel manager apologized and did fully refund our prepaid rate.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014