All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
2900 Belmar St, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Bad internet service
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Tropi Rock Is A Great Deal for the Money"
Room was clean and staff vey pleasant. Unfortunately, there was a lot of remodeling going on almost all night in the room across from us.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
fischmonger
"Vacation"
It was a pleasant 3 days stay.I was surprised to find a big room with full kitchen and dinette. THe staff was very friendly and helpful.It is very quiet hotel and neighborhood. I would stay there again.
3 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Valery
"Great Budget hotel with prime location"
This hotel is a deceptive little place. From the way outside, it kinda looks very run down. but as you walk through the gate and look at the grounds you notice how nice it actually is. The patio and outdoor environment are incredibly nice and relaxing the office has a very nice feel to it because of how it serves as a mini market for juices and things for the best part of waking up. The already renovated rooms look really nice the older ones waiting their turn are decent. A very nice restaurant practically is in the same lot and is a nice little place to eat and the otel is one block from the beach. and only slightly further from food and bar scene areas. Overall great stay. Would highly recommend if you are looking on a budget.
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Christopher
"overnight in Ft Lauderdale"
Booked room because it said close to beach and airport transportation. FYI, was told cabs do not come here, no reason given. Our cab driver never heard of the place. 3 blocks from beach. Shuttle to airport very prompt and pleasant. Needs some cosmetic work but room was very clean. Elevator, scary...pool perfect size for cooling off. Beautiful garden/pool area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bring snacks and stuff to put in fridge, store not close by.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Patti
"What a DUMP!"
This place was a dump! I don't know where the other reviewers were staying, but it couldn't have been here! I gave it a 1 star because I couldn't give it a ZERO! The only positive was that it was clean and close to the beach. Unfortunately, it was also close to lots of nice hotels that made you envious you weren't there instead! The room was small and sparse. I was supposed to have a 'kitchenette'. Although it seemed some rooms had them, ours was a fridge in the corner with a microwave on top and a coffee maker on the shelf above that. No countertop/sink etc. The beds were like straw and I think the sheets were actually plastic. The A/C was so bad that, even though it wasn't even hot outside, it was warm and humid inside. Good luck if you are short because it was over the door. There are not many positives I can say about this place. If I had paid half the Expedia rate, I may have expected a two-bit truckstop motel and would have expected it. It was the single worst motel I've ever stayed at and that includes 'no-tell' motels!!! Don't waste your money! A discount chain motel is an upgrade from this place. I trusted the online reviews and was hoping for a nice, boutique, historical motel experience. IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE! If we were staying more than one day I would have gone somewhere else. Sadly, it was so bad, I couldn't wait to write the review just to get it off my chest!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Hidden Gem"
This is a recently renovated 1950's vintage hotel 2 blocks from the beach. My wife and I stayed for a weekend, and were pleasantly surprised how nice the place was, given the bargain rates. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and friendly. The grounds include lush landscaping and everything is well maintained. Although the bed was hard and uncomfortable, the room was spotless. Given that it's pet friendly, close to the beach, and relatively low priced, we will definitely come back.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Ryan
This hotel is very noisy and under construction.
5 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
Joanna
"Just Perfect"
The hotel is nice, clean and very close to everything, it was cheap and I was very pleased with the room I got. Pretty big for the price and very clean, the bed was very comfy. I'll def come back here next time, and I highly recommend it
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
val
"nice little weigh station"
front desk attendant was extremely helpful with local restaurant help; room had a broken bathroom window so the FL humidity crept in; A/C compensated when bthrm door closed; security gates were left open over night, but the neighborhood's right on Ft. Lauderdale beach; charges for pets
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
mark
"one night at TropiRock"
Great staff Great location!
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
HR
Nice hotel. Had about a mile walk to shops and entertainment. Beach close.
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Close to beach"
Very nice stay at this hotel. The tv was about of a problem, but we got it corrected.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
fran
"Good overnight hotel"
If your looking for a overnight stay or just hanging at the beach this is a GREAT hotel. It is older and could use some maintenance but the staff was nice and professional.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Cheryl
"Budget hotel in great location"
The best things about this hotel is location and free parking. The hotel is two short blocks away from the beach, and there are restaurants and several convenience stores in the walking distance. The surrounding area is quiet. The hotel is old but well maintained, the front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The problem is the cleaning staff. Although they happily accepted our tips, our room stood not cleaned until 3 PM every day we were there, the floor was never vacuumed, and no coffee packets or toiletries were not replenished. The A/C is very old and noisy, and you cannot control it. And I mean really really noisy. All in all, this place is okay for one or two nights if you on a budget.
3 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel w/ great staff and close to beach!"
I was very happy with our first stay at TropiRock. We arrived very late (3:30am) but the guest service manager, Richard was very helpful and friendly checking us in and even helping us with our bags. He also told us about the other hotels in the area associated with this one, letting us know that we had full use of all of those hotel's amenities. The rest of the staff was very friendly as well although we only needed them once before checking out. I visit Ft. Lauderdale often and always try to check out the older smaller hotels in this area and we will definitely stay at this one again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Basic but clean"
Hotel is very basic but the price is right. No hair dryer in rooms & only has shampoo/body wash combo. Room was clean. Friendly staff. Location is ok. Close to beach but would have preferred to be closer to the bars/restaurants. Good 15-20 minute walk in the heat of summer was not fun. There was a great rooftop bar 2 blocks away that was fun.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Alex
"Nice. Clean. Affordable. Close to beach."
Stayed 1 nite. Close to airport and beach explored area and sites without having to move out car.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
carol
"Very clean boutique hotel"
Staff friendly, room extremely clean, nice pool. Had a last minute late check in and manager came to hotel to set us up with a comfortable room.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Mother of 3
"Good hotel"
The hotel stays very close to the beach. The rooms are ok.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2014
Nice and cheap place to stay
7 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Kg
"Great value for money, 5min to the beach"
We stayed for 4 nights. We arrived very late at night, and were skeptical about not having a 24h reception, but we did not even wait 5min for the guy to arrive and let us in. The rooms were super clean, beds were comfortable. There were only 2 downsides: The queen bed room does not have a fan. If you can sleep with the noise of running AC no big deal, but otherwise bring earplugs to be safe. Also try to get a room on the 2nd floor, as it can be quite noise in the mornings. Just some tips for people who need a more quite environment to sleep. But it is a really nice hotel! We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Maxi
"Romantic Getaway"
Very nice...rooms very clean...friendly service...convenient to everything,beach only 2-minute walk...will go again soon!
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2014
Very nice clean and spacious rooms friendly staff will stay again
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2014
"Nice little hotel in a quiet neighborhood"
Overall I really enjoyed the hotel. The bed could be a bit softer and TV (17 inch?) a bit bigger but I stayed in a studio and can't otherwise complain. The location is great, not far from the beach, the grounds and landscaping are fun.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
"Perfect Location"
Was very pleased with hotel for what we paid. It was comfortable and loved the location. Only downside was construction across street, it was very noisy. Bed and pillows were awesome and would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
deb
"Great Staff and Close to everything fun."
Cheap but clean and great staff. Beach is in walking distance and you can take a golf cart down to Las Olas BLVD and Down Town Ft. Lauderdale.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
jessica
"TropiRock "Rocks""
I enjoyed my stay at TropiRock. Very nice hotel for the price. The location was ideal to my vacation. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Taya B
"Central Fort Lauderdale"
It was a pleasure to be a guest, during a Tripp across Florida. The value for money **** Central location Free parking Equipment contemporary Free Wi-Fi in the room
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Great place for the price"
If you want the Ritz then book the Ritz. If you want a good location, clean room and can bear a few quirks then this is ideal. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the room was very clean and well appointed, the only down side is the thin walls. However, for what I paid it was excellent value.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"First Trip To Fort Lauderdale"
The staff was very nice. Anything you needed or any questions you had they were there to help. I like how they provided information on go to spots and discounted places. My only issue was that I had a deluxe studio king reserved and was given a room with double beds
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
L
"Nice place for a few nights"
Very friendly staff. Nice pool free coffee. 2 blocks to ocean
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
family fruendly
"Loved the hotel grounds"
This was a very casual stay. Lots of families as well as couples. Great pool, love the beach access out to the beach. The hotel is a little older but had flatscreens. The only comfort complaint I had was in our room the sofa bed was in terrible condition. There were two springs completely popped up in the middle of the bed. Making it extremely uncomfortable and impossible to sleep in. If we did not need the sofa bed the rating would be higher.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
"Excellent Location, Helpful Staff, Great Value!!"
Best price and great location. Definitely a "value" destination with some class. Two minute walk from the ocean. Would recommend to anyone!!!
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2014
wilsonm
"Great for a quick stay"
We stopped at the TropiRock for a one night stay and there seemed to be only one person on staff. The guy who checked us in was apparently also the security for a few of the other properties owned with Tropirock. He was extremely friendly and accommodating although he did seemed press for time. The hotel room was extremely clean and worth the price for the area it was in. My only complaint was that the bathrooms are a little outdated.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
"Great spot near beach"
I had a great experience here. Only stayed for one night but wished to stay longer. Great location and great staff. I recommended my father to stay there for his 6 day stay coming this month!
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
chacha
"nice location,"
close walk to the beach, only bad thing was hotel needed some updating and a little more cleaning, pool was cloudy also
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"near the beach"
funky hotel short walk to beach and main tourist location. Only brief overnight stay but was able to walk out in evening for water taxi tour and meal and get in quick swim in morning at the beach. Pool was available and looked well maintained. Didn't stay long enough to tell how noisy it might be but it was off the main drag. Parking was available for free but might be limited if it's busy.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
norman
"Will do if you don't expect much"
Stayed for one night with my family. Very old property, needs major lift. Clean and charming. Hope owners will renovate but would keep exsisting design. No elevator. Pool rather small, but clean and surrounding area nice to relax in the evening. Would stay again
1 night trip May 20, 2014
Angel
"Hidden Gem"
Well managed property just 5 minute walk to the beach. Front desk staff are friendly and professional. It is an older property, think Lauderdale of the '80s, but clean and comfy. We had only 2 days in Florida and it was great value at less than $100/night off season.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
Christopher
Nice hotel at a location close to the beach.
2 night trip May 21, 2014
Marcel
"Decent Place at a Decent Rate"
I liked the TropiRock. It is nice to stay in a hotel with character. The preservationist crowd would enjoy. It is like going back in time. A very short safe walk to the beach makes this a great place. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 28, 2014
This is the place to stay if you just need a bed and somewhere to keep your stuff. The room was large and clean. The walls were pretty thin and noise carried very easily from the stairs and walkways. It's off the main drag so traffic noise wasn't a problem.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Brent
"Older motel, outdated"
We were on our anniversary trip. They put us in a room by the street. You could hear the traffic, so I requested another room. They were booked, so they found us a nicer room at their other location(Tranquilo) for the same price. It was very nice, recently updated in a modern décor. All of the staff people were friendly and helpful. I would stay at Tranquilo again, but not TropiRock.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Poor layout - noisy neighbors."
Check in was very confusing. I went to the building where I was told to check in. Initially, the person I was dealing with sounded like I was in the wrong place. He then asked me to wait, and told me to follow him to the building, where we went to the (closed) office and completed the check in process. When we got to the room, a woman was seated in the guest chair immediately outside our suite smoking. She was gone when we returned in a couple hours, but had been replaced by another woman who was talking noisily on the phone and yelling back and forth with the folks in what appeared to be her room. A party was going on there. Our room had a connecting door to the party room, and no sound insulation whatsoever. Worse yet, the bed was right by that door. I decided to call the office if the party did not quiet down by midnight, but was unsure about incurring the wrath of the partiers next door. I held off a few minutes, and they quieted down about 12:15am. I had to be up at 7am, to drive several hours, and the room was ruined by the noise. The layout of the hotel made our room practically part of the neighbor's space.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Patrick
"Room with no View"
This place is hidden behind all the nice hotels and is a model of the building techniques of the 50 &60. No view, no one on site at night, no power outlets for the kids to plug in phones or computers. The only chair in the room was a old wooden school desk chair.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Nice hotel, two blocks from the beach."
I didn't know what to expect when I booked a room at this hotel online, but I'm very glad we had the opportunity to stay here. It's much nicer than I expected. I thought, for the price, it would be an O.K. place to stay, but I was really surprised at the wonderful, tropical atmosphere. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the pool was great. We had delicious dinner and breakfast at their open air restaurant and we enjoyed the short walk to the beach. We will gladly stay here again the next time we're in Fort Lauderdale.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Danny
"Nice affordable hotel in Fort Lauderdale"
Beautiful, cozy, affordable hotel just seconds away from Fort Lauderdale Beach. The rooms were very spacious. Our room offered a kitchenette, with fridge, stove and dishes. Large closet with security boxes. Friendly staff. Very nice pool, surrounded by trees and plants, along side a sitting area where you can barbecue or enjoy the e ending air. Feels like you are in your very own tropical paradise. I booked on Expedia.com and the rates were fantastic compared to the prices of other hotels in the area.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Great quaint place"
This is not a 5 star hotel but it has charm and personality of its own which gives it a great character. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a little outdated but clean. They are located just a block from the Fort Lauderdale beach we only stayed for one nite but is was enjoyable.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Darryl
"Pluses and Minuses"
For what we paid when comparing to other similar hotels along this stretch, it was a good deal. It's not the most plush of the North Beach properties, but it's way less expensive that some and as a guest of any of the North Beach properties, you can access the other locations' pools and spas (except for the clothing optional ones - natch). The service was fine, but not great - our room didn't get cleaned one day and eventhough we were out for most of the day until late afternoon, the room was never cleaned until after 4 pm, and the front desk is closed after 8 pm, so you have to call the main line for any after hour services. Also, paying less means your neighbors aren't always the most respectful - one group smoked in their room all night and it drifted into our room through the adjoining door and the next group were up making noise until 4 am. The pool area is fine, but again, the beach is two blocks away and you can go to the nicer hotel's pools if you want, within a block or two. Would stay again, but would also look into maybe paying a bit more and staying at the Royal Palm or Tranquilo, which were more updated and nicer clientele.
5 night trip with friends May 1, 2014
G
"Great beach hotel, but to noisy."
Hotel was great except for one major issue, noisy guests and paper thin walls. We were woken up at 2am when drunk neighbours came back to their room to chat and break glasses, then woken up early in the morning when they were talking on their phone loudly outside our room. WORST NIGHTS SLEEP. Lucky we only stayed one night, we needed to leave to get sone sleep. Its a shame because other than that it was a nice hotel,comfortable bed, clean and good location.
Other trip May 6, 2014