All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
2308 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53233, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very friendly hotel. Service is excellent. Great shuttle service.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Very beautiful hotel. The check in was a little bit of a hassle but after that it was smooth sailing. The room was very nice and clean
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Chemekia
"Classy place"
Always a great place and a terrific bar to boot
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
The hotel was great. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The hotel also provided a shuttle which helped with getting around town. We had a great stay and I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Jenell
"Milwaukee get away"
Check in was fast and easy. Shuttle drivers very informative and friendly. Great schedule made it easy to get downtown for fun carefree time.
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Very comfortable, clean room. Firm comfortable bed. Nice area near Marquette University. Ignore comments about the old style elevators: two clean, well-maintained elevators do the job well. - Just another vintage element to this charming hotel. Nice coffee shop for a quick breakfast.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Mixed"
The Hotel it self is very beautiful for the area it is located. The desk staff were very snooty and slow. When we entered our room it smelled like sewage, my wife cleaned the bathroom and the odor was coming from the drains in the sink and tub. The pillows sucked and were flat. The neighborhood is kind of ghetto the roads to and from the hotel are totally destroyed. They also did not tell us about the parking fee on Hotels.com I called Ambassador Hotel and that's when I found out it was 20 dollars a night to park. In the end was definitely worth the money for parking. The shuttle service was very good they were prompt and gave good dinner destination.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
90 minute parking only outside and had to pay $20 for 24 hour parking. That was a joke!
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Ambassador Review"
I depend on Hotels.com when I travel for work. I was not familiar with the area when I booked. Horrible location in a sketchy part of town. Dated rooms. Would never stay here again.
3 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Thin walls, small rooms. No microwave or refrigerator except the one filled with their liquor. Desk people were friendly and helpful.
3 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Hotel was nice front desk clerk needs to go!"
Hotel was very nice. Lady at the front desk had an attitude and was very dergitory toward myself and my girlfriend.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
michael
We love the Ambassador. It is across the street from the Winston Apartments, where my wife lived during her years at Marquette. Personnel are very friendly and I like the décor and music. Food is very good.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2015
"Stranded by the service."
Loved the hotel style and atmosphere. The one thing that will keep me from staying again is their shuttle service and the attitude taken by the driver. We were told that the last pick up would be midnight. We were back at the pick up point at 11:30. We called the driver to get an eta and he told us that he was going to turn around and go back because of traffic and we should get a taxi. We ended up walking back from summerfest to tge hotel. 2 elderly people also had to walk back and it was after he chased the van down and the driver wouldnt let them in. They were from out of tge country as well...what an impression. Thank you
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Priscilla
"Nice hotel love the feel."
I stayed overnight for a concert at the rave... The mini bar was a rip off... In used to staying at 4-5 diamond places which also have mini-bars and the menu has a set advertised price (6.25 for a beer etc). Yes they had this but also added a tax and 18% gratuity to the mini bar price... Which is NOT typical of other places I've stayed... So each $4-6 item ends up costing $10-$12... Not cool but it is what it is. The room was really nice and clean. The hotel itself is super cute and very vintage without being outdated or old. The elevators with a door to open is very unique but a pain when bringing things to the room.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
"Summer Fest quick trip"
Beautiful old hotel renovated, very nice. Courteous, helpful staff. Really appreciated the courtesy ride to Brady Ave and Summer Fest. Good room service, reasonably priced. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2015
Robin
"Nice price. Free shuttle"
Nice hotel. Very old.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Christipher
"Try Somewhere Else!"
Terrible neighborhood. Old, outdated, and dirty. No vending machines. Good shuttle service, probably to keep customers form being stabbed! Much nicer hotels in that area for much less money!
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Adam
"Nice to place to stay...watch the neighborhood."
Ambassador is a nice hotel with a good location. The free shuttle service is a definite plus. Dining outside a little frustrating as we were approached by outsiders for money etc. The staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Clean, cool and comfortable"
Excellent service, Art Deco style lobby, cool bar, large comfortable rooms made this an enjoyable stay
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"Good hotel."
Went to a concert at the Rave. Stayed over night. Nice place. Good service.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
Stayed for a birthday over night get away. Did not eat at your restaurant but the bar was comfortable and loved the shuttle service. Would stay again because of the price, room comfort and of course the shuttle. Thanks Dawn Guschl
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Dawn
The bathroom was not completely clean
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Beautiful place"
Loved the old style charm. Highly recommended!
1 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
"Nice but a bit pricey"
Clean
1 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
Craig
"Terrible bar service for a nice hotel"
The 5 stars . .the free shuttle service. All 3 drivers I had were great, Brian being just a superb guy. The front desk gentleman (missing a name tag) but there at 3:30pm both Sunday and Monday extremely polite and professional. The 2-4 stars.Neighborhood iffy and nothing else nearby. Ice vending machine on 2nd floor not there, just an empty room with dead gnats, dated coffee maker and dirty vent above the bathtub but nothing preventing a return stay. The 0 star..Went down to the bar at 7:30pm on Sunday two bartenders one watching tv talking to one of the two guests at the bar ( two guests at a table) Sat down at the bar and the other bartender who was more concerned with something to do with the computer finally noticed me 3-4 minutes gave me a menu and I gave him my drink order. Another 6-7 minutes go by (do not believe first bartender ever knew I was there) second bartender looks up from computer says hello and asks if I would like anything to drink. Told him he took my order several minutes earlier got up, gave my complaint to the front desk and headed downtown. Most likely will opt to pay more for the location and lounge service at Hotel Metro or check out other hotels on my next trip to Milwaukee.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Brian David
"Excellent place to stay!"
Great place to stay. The staff was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Everything in the room was in pristine condition. I highly recommend staying at the Ambassador.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Stephany
"Ambassador Hotel stay"
Staff was very helpful, great transportation to local attractions
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"Weekend getaway!"
Andrew the bartender was great! Food and drinks were awesome! Will be back soon!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Convenient to Miller Park"
Great location and staff.
3 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
"A Good Place to Stay"
Great hotel. Had no issues. The Envoy restaurant inside was very good, and the staff was very nice and accommodating.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
Great hotel. .helpful staff provided shuttle service to where ever you needed to, would stay there again.
3 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Michele
"Wonderful stay"
Loved the hotel. The food and drinks were awesome! The location was okay...service was great too!
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Classic old hotel,friendly,clean with large rooms."
Extremely friendly and helpful staff, large clean room, nice hotel bar and restaurant, safe secure parking. Only drawback was the surrounding neighborhood was a bite shakey. The shuttle to the ballpark was great.
1 night trip with friends May 12, 2015
"overnight stay"
Great time! In town for the Brewers/Sox game. Took the shuttle and that was super convenient. Staff was very friendly and helpful!! Enjoyed hanging at the hotel bar and the food was excellent!
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
elizabeth
"One night stay at Ambadsador Hotel - Milwaukee"
We loved this hotel. The bar and restaurant were great and the food was delicious. We took sdvantage of the shuttle to Miller Park, which was an awesome service. The only downside is the fact that there are no places to go to eat or drink within walking distance.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Maria
"A cheaper version of the Pfister"
Nice boutique hotel with a quaint 1920's vibe. Ridiculous parking charge. Restaurant is alright, food is pretty plain. The 2-for-1 happy hour drinks with a selection of half price appetizers is the best thing about the hotel. You won't be walking around the neighborhood at night.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
C Shaun
"charming"
Older hotel/decor but had its own character. Had a jacuzzi that i didnt know came with the upgraded king bed room. Will stay again.
1 night trip May 6, 2015
"Sleepless in Milwaukee"
Considering it is an older hotel with very thin walls, you would think they would make sure that the beds were comfy to make up for it. The bed was as hard as rock and small. Trying to get to sleep on a uncomfortable bed when you can hear everything in the hallway and room next door was impossible. The bathroom was tiny. The only redeeming quality was the close proximity to The Rave for the concert we were attending.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"The Ambassador Hotel has maintained its charms"
I had stayed at the Ambassador Hotel years ago, and knew it to be an elegant old style hotel. I was in town for training, and it was conveniently located, so I booked a room. I feared that everything might have become run down and dated, but was very pleasantly surprised. The Ambassador Hotel has been kept in good condition, from the huge marble lobby to my well appointed room. My room maintained the look and feel of a beautiful period hotel room without seeming old or patched up at all. I wish I could have stayed longer than just the one night. The only negatives I noticed was that the street side can be pretty noisy (but hey, you're staying in a busy city) and that the parking structure is not attached - which could be an issue in bad weather. Neither of things would prevent me from staying there again.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Patrick
"Ambassador Hotel"
This hotel is a night time watering hole for the locals and the bar area very busy on weekends. The neighborhood is very marginal - right next to Marquette University. Unless you are needing this location I would not stay here. My conference was here. The conference room is very marginal. All of the staff were very friendly and competent. The hotel is old but very clean and in OK condition. The room was the same.
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
"very unhappy"
The smoke alarm was beeping every 3 min., we called the front desk. We waited for a half hour then we had to go. We were in town for the game, when we got back it was still beeping. So we just unplugged it.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Patsy
"Best hotel in the city."
Unparalleled distinctive hotel. One-of-kind historic hotel. I don't stay anywhere else in Milwaukee.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Christopher
"Good central hotel"
Very helpful hotel staff when it comes to what to do. Great shuttle service. Nice happy hour. Comfortable rooms, and for me, plenty of channels. Honestly, you're just inside of the hood and if you dine/drink on the porch, you will be approached for spare change. Wasn't too keen on the $20/night parking since there's plenty of room, but it's very well lit and secure.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
casual tripper
"romantic!!!"
We had a great romantic evening!!!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Tessa
"Good staff, but old facilities, and noisy outside"
Good staff, but old facilities, and noisy outside...
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Yoshi
"A nicely preserved historic hotel"
Stayed here one night on a quick trip to Milwaukee while attending a conference. This historic hotel is very quaint with its art deco feel, and nicely preserved, which is a nice change from some other historic hotels we've visited. The walls and doors are thick, so it reduces hallway noise significantly, which makes for a lovely night's sleep. Service was good, but didn't make use of any of the hotel amenities, so can't comment on that. The hotel is located very near Marquette University, but you need to stay on the main streets and know your destinations, because four neighborhood blocks in the wrong direction can become a little sketchy. All in all, a nice stay. Would go back.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
"Happy surprise"
28th wedding anniversary-surprised my wife which she normally doesn't like and it was a hit!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Alan
"An average hotel"
This hotel is older, not as nice as others I have stayed at in the same area. I thought the room was a bit over priced for what it was. The pictures of what the room looked like were different then the room we got. We thought we were getting a room with a jacuzi in from the pictures. The biggest plus of this hotel to me was how close it was to the Rave.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Great restaurant and clean, up to date rooms. Loved our stay.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Comfortable, convenient to Marquette campus. Will be back.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015