All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
2308 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53233, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great experience. speedy check in. I thought the food was pretty good as well. The parking was excellent . .
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Peyton
"Was perfect location for the show we went to see."
Was perfect location for the show we went to see. Was in walking distance.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Just relaxing..."
Just awesome... we wanted a hotel that just felt relaxing. This is definitely it.. will be staying here every time we come to Milwaukee.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Janelle
"A beautiful Art Deco hotel with a history."
Overall, I was very impressed with the facilities and having an opportunity to stay at such a beautiful hotel with a rich history. Upon arriving, I was greeted warmly and found my room to be spacious and comfortable. I'm a huge fan of Art Deco and had a moment in the lobby where I felt like, "Wow, I feel as though I've stepped back in time." Still, going from good to great is in the details. And I found there were several things that need to be addressed. The parking was a little pricey for my liking, but I did choose to use their garage. Upon returning from my evening activities, I found that there was a line of cars about 10-15 deep trying to enter the garage. As a guest, with a pass, I didn't know if I had a "guest entrance" or if I should just jump in the line. There was some type of concert going on that evening and I honestly didn't know if we had access to a special entrance. When I asked the individual at the front desk, it didn't appear as though he was interested in alleviating this situation in any way. I have to comment on the honor bar and the $6 bottle of water offered in the rooms. I was thinking that many, if not most hotels are moving away from this service. In a city that has a brewery using green energy to brew their beer, this kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Yes, a guest doesn't have to buy anything. $5 for Peanut M&Ms is a little out of control. Once again, I had a very comfortable stay and the Ambassador is a beautiful hotel. But details matter
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
JR
"A+"
Really enjoyed ourselves. The staff was excellent. The hotel is beautiful and unique.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Charming hotel with great staff members"
We came for a weekend stay. We were so happy we picked this hotel. The staff was very friendly and so helpful. The shuttle bus came in very handy. We used it to go to a basketball game.They dropped us off and picked us up at the time we wanted.The hotel itself was very clean,large room and quiet. We definitely will be back again soon.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Jeanne
"Hotel with a lot of history"
Our stay was only one night but the staff and accommodations were excellent. The room was spacious and very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Gene
"ONLY place to stay in MKE"
Awesome as always - it was a little cruel when they put the 1928 prices of the drinks on the drink menu next to the modern prices (haha) - it made my head hurt when I did the math. Only complaint is the tacky neon of the casino shining in my room. Ugly.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great hotel with amazing staff!"
Room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Barry who works in the Envoy Lounge is great! The Ambassador has great staff all around! I have never had a bad night while I’ve stayed there. I have stayed there 25 nights within one year.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Ashley
"Great value"
Loved it! If u love historic u will love this! Had Sunday brunch that also was excellent. Only gripe I have is the shuttle service. We had reserved shuttle at certain time and both times he was not ready to leave at scheduled time. Once he forgot to pick us up
Nice hotel, close to Rave... Very friendly staff.
Our overall stay was excellent. From the time to check in, to the shuttle, and the bar staff we had an excellent stay at The Ambassador Hotel! We came for a one night stay to celebrate my moms bday and go to the casino. The rooms are great and have lots of room. It was nice not feeling cramped in your room.
tracy
"amazing visit"
the building is a historic landmark. it has been beautifully restored. the staff is amazing. the only drawback is the neighborhood behind the ambassador.
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
The hotel front desk was super nice me and my group, the check in woman even said happy birthday to my girlfriend! It's so elegant in the lobby, the elevators a bit different all others, and the room is quite spacious and very clean with big flat screen TV which has a lot options to plug USB hdmi etc into. The only problem was slow shuttle service which really sucked but overall really nice
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Cale
"one day vacation"
we were in town for a play at the Repertory Theater and stayed overnight. The front desk was most generous and helpful in securing future reservations and getting us a fine room. The free shuttle service took us to our restaurant and picked us up in 10 minutes after our play. Another great experience at the Ambassador Hotel.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
paul
The staff was very courteous and friendly! Made me feel right at home!
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Leigh-Ann
"Wonderful!!!!!"
What a wonderful hotel with so much charm. Beautiful clean rooms great staff!!!!!!
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Worth the price!"
Except for having to pay $2.00 for a toothbrush that probably cost a nickel, everything was great. There are no complimentary toiletries whatsoever, so make sure you don't forget anything.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel was beautiful. Clean. The staff was super helpful and accommodating. Had a small issue with my door and they immediately upgraded me. My only complaint is the neighborhood it is in.. It's a bit sketchy. I wouldn't have been comfortable without my boyfriend with me. But their parking garage is on site, which made it better.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Jayne
Great hotel. Very nice room and accommodating staff. I did not expect to pay $20 per vehicle per night for parking, but they did comp my second night's fee for extending my stay another night and matched my original booking price. Would stay again!
1 night trip Mar 20, 2015
"Hotel near Marquette University"
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The historic building itself is interesting from an architectural perspective and is very well maintained. The room was very comfortable and there is more than adequate (paid) parking on site. Very convenient to Marquette University.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
MC
"Loved the bottle of complimentary wine!"
Great room service, good food. Good location. Very enjoyable stay.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
great ambience!
"A Pleasant Surprise"
The Ambassador Hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Although the exterior of the facility seemed a little drab and the neighborhood wasn't the best, my wife and I decided to to at least take a look at the lobby before going to another hotel. Boy, are we glad that we did! From our first greeting by the bell staff this hotel and their hospitality team were top notch. The place is beautifully decorated and wonderfully themed. It was amazingly clean and well kept. The rooms were twice as big as any we've stayed. The hotel was quiet and everywhere we went, a staff member was offereing to help us find our way or answer a question.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
T
"Business Trip"
First time at the Ambassador. Loved it and the staff was great. Recommend to anyone staying in Milwaukee.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Would stay again!"
Clean hotel. Great staff. INCREDIBLE brunch. Close to downtown areas, very easy to cab/Uber. Hotel shuttle was also free. Would certainly stay again!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Taylor
"Just what the doctor ordered."
Personal assistance was great, parking convenient and room was clean & comfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"pleasant stay"
Very good service. Comfortable feel throughout the entire stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
VERY NICE HISTORIC HOTEL EXCELLANT FOOD AND HOSPITALITY
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Great Place to stay"
We were very pleased with the Ambassador motel, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We plan on staying there again when we travel to Milwaukee.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Cindy
"Cool 1920's boutique hotel!"
What a beautiful 1920s era boutique hotel! It was beautiful, quant, and the staff was so helpful and pleasant. Barry the bartender was so hospitable and attentive! LOVED the super convenient location ~ right across the street from The Rave/Eagles Club!! We had a double queen room and it was huge, clean, and carried the '20s vibe. The safe and convenient parking access was worth the $20. We'll definitely be staying at the Ambassador again!
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"It was very romantic for me and my husband"
we loved everything about it I already recommended my mother to the hotel its real lovely
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Patrice
"3rd Stay, same great hotel!"
This was my 3rd stay here. Same friendly service, great room, perfect location for visiting student at Marquette. Will stay here every time!
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
william
"Beautiful Hotel Near Downtown"
I love the ambience of the Ambassador. It's a beautiful old hotel near the Marquette campus. The bar is straight out of the 30s or 40s. As a previous customer, they were kind enough to upgrade me to a room with a Jacuzzi for the weekend. Wonderful decor in the rooms and comfortable beds. They have a free shuttle to take you downtown (we went to the Bucks game) and then pick you up when you're ready to get back. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the rooms were moderately priced.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Barnie and Gini
"The Ambassador"
This was a very well managed hotel but for the price you pay parking should be included and I think there should be complimentary coffee in the lobby. I have paid this price and lower before for hotels and we had free parking and a complimentary continental breakfast.Overall it was a very nice hotel.
1 night trip with friends Feb 24, 2015
Nina
"Milwaukee"
Wonderful hotel, great staff.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Jerome
"Love this old gem."
Beautiful old art deco hotel and the public spaces are in good shape. Very near Marquette, which was a bonus. For the rate, this was a steal--we had huge and very comfortable room- not high end luxury, but the amenities offered (towels/robes/Starbucks/Aveda products/pillow "library") were all top notch. It would have been nice to have a microwave a mini fridge. It could have used a bit more attention to cleanliness in the bathroom, but I'm picky. There was a restaurant (it felt European), Starbucks coffee shop and terrific bar/cafe in-house which were much appreciated. We will be back.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Mo
"Just Ok"
This hotel is fine if you're looking for a place near Marquette. However, it was a little weird at times. The phone in our room didn't work despite being plugged in - but the phone buttons weren't even hotel buttons. It was just a regular phone with no direct way to call the front desk, although that didn't matter since it didn't work. There wasn't a clock in the room. Our floor (2nd) had a sign for ice but when I went looking there was no ice machine, but there were unlocked closets with mini fridges and microwaves that I guess people can take to their rooms? One closet was just full of boxes of old paperwork so I'm hoping there wasn't any sensitive material considering the door was literally standing open to the hallway. Unfortunately I also never got a hot shower, lukewarm at best. Not a terrible place by any means, but there are other places in town I would recommend over this one.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Kerry
Hotel was clean and the decor was beautiful. We loved the Art Deco theme throughout the building. We were offered vouchers for discounted breakfast in the hotel - a bit disappointed in the variety, but was very good.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Harley Museum"
Went to Milwaukee for an event at The Harley Davidson Museum. Excellent hotel to saty at. Rooms are very very large and staff were all very helpful.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Dean
"Great place, but bring your own pillows"
Service is great at the front desk and in the bar. Housekeeping did a great job. It is an old hotel so it has its quirks. Makes for a fun, different business trip layover. The pillows are as hard as rocks. Even though they give you six of them on your king.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Elevators are way cool. Room was very nice -quiet. Character, older feel but well kept and clean.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Loved it !"
It was a very comfortable get away for me and my lady we will be back soon.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
"A+++"
Perfect location. Needed an upgrade upon arrival and they were able to do this for me.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
a
Large room - I had a deluxe room. Quit and slean. One of the best hotels I've stayed in.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"Vaca weekend"
Staff was not the best but the hotel was great.
3 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Antonio
"A Fantastic Hotel with Authentic Old World Charm"
If you are looking for a nice affordable stay in Milwaukee near all of the excitement of the city, the Ambassador is a fantastic choice. To start, the room rates are very reasonable and certainly some of the least expensive I've ever paid for such accommodations. Walking into the Ambassador, you have a hard time believing that the rooms could be so cheap; there’s an old world charm that has been beautifully maintained. The rooms are spacious, the TV is new, and the climate control is quite effective. My only complaint for the room is that I would've rather had a mini fridge than a mini bar. Service was a little varied, but generally I felt welcomed and wanted. Check-in was smooth as butter, and the lady helping us even congratulated my fiance and I on our engagement! Location of the Ambassador is great, as you are less than 2 miles from dozens of places to go including breweries, pubs, restaurants, stores, museums, parks, and the Lake Michigan bay. A few people have said they thought the location was seedy, but I didn't get that. The only real disappointment was parking; there is a nice parking garage behind the hotel, but it’s $20 per night that is sort of just sprung upon you at the last second as you are checking in. The Ambassador is a charming hotel with a rich and well-maintained history, a great staff, a fantastic location, and great amenities for the cheap price. If I ever find myself in Milwaukee again, I can't imagine myself going to any hotel but here.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Lucas
Great hotel doorknobs fall off and bathrooms small For the price a good deal
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Loved the fettuccini!"
Room was great & food was really good but I didn't like that I had to go back outside in the cold to park my car In the parking garage ! Other than that I was very pleased.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
We were welcomed and remembered from previous stays. We came for dinner and a play downtown. After a good sleep we enjoyed breakfast, lingered and computerized a bit in the sunny and spacious cafe.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
paul
"Marquette campus tour"
This is a great hotel if you are visiting Marquette University. The staff was extremely helpful and very personable and nice. The rooms are large and well maintained. The door man Sam felt like a family member by the time we left. They offer shuttle to anywhere in the Milwaukee area for dinner etc...
Other trip Feb 6, 2015