All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
2308 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53233, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wonderful stay"
Loved the hotel. The food and drinks were awesome! The location was okay...service was great too!
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Great location for Wisconsin Center events."
Great hotel at reasonable cost for downtown events. Free shuttle to downtown areas with courteous drivers. $20 dollar daily parking with clean and lighted parking garage. Great food in the restaurant, but slightly pricey. Room was great and staff kept room clean. Only downside to the room was shower pressure was not what I prefer. Overall I would stay anytime at this hotel without any concerns for safety or health issues.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Classic old hotel,friendly,clean with large rooms."
Extremely friendly and helpful staff, large clean room, nice hotel bar and restaurant, safe secure parking. Only drawback was the surrounding neighborhood was a bite shakey. The shuttle to the ballpark was great.
1 night trip with friends May 12, 2015
"overnight stay"
Great time! In town for the Brewers/Sox game. Took the shuttle and that was super convenient. Staff was very friendly and helpful!! Enjoyed hanging at the hotel bar and the food was excellent!
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
elizabeth
"Would stay here again..."
Very nice hotel, about 5 min to Miller park, close to downtown area. Room are very spacious and clean. The staff was very nice and informative about the amenities and services the hotel offers upon checking in. I would definitely recommend and stay at this hotel again if I'm ever in the area again.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Carlos
"Super nice hotel. Love the art deco look."
We have stayed at this hotel twice now. I really like it. It is clean and the rooms are very large. The Art Deco look of the hotel is super cool. The staff was excellent. We went to the casino and took their shuttle over, very easy and convenient. The price was substantially lower than a lot of the hotels in the area. I would highly recommend it and I am very picky when it comes to hotels.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"One night stay at Ambadsador Hotel - Milwaukee"
We loved this hotel. The bar and restaurant were great and the food was delicious. We took sdvantage of the shuttle to Miller Park, which was an awesome service. The only downside is the fact that there are no places to go to eat or drink within walking distance.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Maria
"Room reservation said we would have sofa sleeper"
everything was awesome except that reservation said that room would come with a sofa sleeper. did not get a couch of any kind and that was a bummer because we were hanging out with a bunch of friends before a concert. had to use the bathroom shower as a seat for guests as well as the bed. Awkward.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"A cheaper version of the Pfister"
Nice boutique hotel with a quaint 1920's vibe. Ridiculous parking charge. Restaurant is alright, food is pretty plain. The 2-for-1 happy hour drinks with a selection of half price appetizers is the best thing about the hotel. You won't be walking around the neighborhood at night.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
C Shaun
Stayed over after a show at The Rave. Easy parking. 1/2 block walk to the show. Good food and drinks.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"charming"
Older hotel/decor but had its own character. Had a jacuzzi that i didnt know came with the upgraded king bed room. Will stay again.
1 night trip May 6, 2015
"Sleepless in Milwaukee"
Considering it is an older hotel with very thin walls, you would think they would make sure that the beds were comfy to make up for it. The bed was as hard as rock and small. Trying to get to sleep on a uncomfortable bed when you can hear everything in the hallway and room next door was impossible. The bathroom was tiny. The only redeeming quality was the close proximity to The Rave for the concert we were attending.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"The Ambassador Hotel has maintained its charms"
I had stayed at the Ambassador Hotel years ago, and knew it to be an elegant old style hotel. I was in town for training, and it was conveniently located, so I booked a room. I feared that everything might have become run down and dated, but was very pleasantly surprised. The Ambassador Hotel has been kept in good condition, from the huge marble lobby to my well appointed room. My room maintained the look and feel of a beautiful period hotel room without seeming old or patched up at all. I wish I could have stayed longer than just the one night. The only negatives I noticed was that the street side can be pretty noisy (but hey, you're staying in a busy city) and that the parking structure is not attached - which could be an issue in bad weather. Neither of things would prevent me from staying there again.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Patrick
"Very Pleased"
All the nice restaurants downtown are a decent hike away. Service was great and you can't beat the price for what your getting. Pleased with my stay!
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Ambassador Hotel"
This hotel is a night time watering hole for the locals and the bar area very busy on weekends. The neighborhood is very marginal - right next to Marquette University. Unless you are needing this location I would not stay here. My conference was here. The conference room is very marginal. All of the staff were very friendly and competent. The hotel is old but very clean and in OK condition. The room was the same.
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
"very unhappy"
The smoke alarm was beeping every 3 min., we called the front desk. We waited for a half hour then we had to go. We were in town for the game, when we got back it was still beeping. So we just unplugged it.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Patsy
"Best hotel in the city."
Unparalleled distinctive hotel. One-of-kind historic hotel. I don't stay anywhere else in Milwaukee.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Christopher
"Good central hotel"
Very helpful hotel staff when it comes to what to do. Great shuttle service. Nice happy hour. Comfortable rooms, and for me, plenty of channels. Honestly, you're just inside of the hood and if you dine/drink on the porch, you will be approached for spare change. Wasn't too keen on the $20/night parking since there's plenty of room, but it's very well lit and secure.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
casual tripper
"romantic!!!"
We had a great romantic evening!!!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Tessa
"Good staff, but old facilities, and noisy outside"
Good staff, but old facilities, and noisy outside...
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Yoshi
"A nicely preserved historic hotel"
Stayed here one night on a quick trip to Milwaukee while attending a conference. This historic hotel is very quaint with its art deco feel, and nicely preserved, which is a nice change from some other historic hotels we've visited. The walls and doors are thick, so it reduces hallway noise significantly, which makes for a lovely night's sleep. Service was good, but didn't make use of any of the hotel amenities, so can't comment on that. The hotel is located very near Marquette University, but you need to stay on the main streets and know your destinations, because four neighborhood blocks in the wrong direction can become a little sketchy. All in all, a nice stay. Would go back.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
"Happy surprise"
28th wedding anniversary-surprised my wife which she normally doesn't like and it was a hit!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Alan
"An average hotel"
This hotel is older, not as nice as others I have stayed at in the same area. I thought the room was a bit over priced for what it was. The pictures of what the room looked like were different then the room we got. We thought we were getting a room with a jacuzi in from the pictures. The biggest plus of this hotel to me was how close it was to the Rave.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Great restaurant and clean, up to date rooms. Loved our stay.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Comfortable, convenient to Marquette campus. Will be back.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
C
"Loved this place"
Nice staff and wonderful room. We needed a good rest and the place was perfect. We had just one day to tour and the staff and location were wonderful and helpful.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Denise R.
"Art Deco Gem"
Had a great stay...good location, pleasant service, art deco decor was great!
miarianne
"Ambassador Hotel in Milwaukee"
We were upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi tub. Great stay! Friendly and helpful staff. Great stay. Minutes from Miller Park.
1 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
Nathan
"Nice hotel close to the ballpark and downtown"
Loved the shuttle service to and from the ballpark. Close to downtown attractions, within walking distance, in some cases. Lounge was nice, food was good in the restaurant.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Lois
"old fashion charm"
Old fashion charm with up to date room amenities.Friendly staff, good food in the bar, clean and comfortable room. Work out facility needs upgrading.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Cool Art Deco Architecture."
Was only there one night, the room was fine, the service was to. The only negative was the $20.00 to park the car.
Anthony
"Decent experience"
The room was a nice size. The hot tub was nice. Was a little hard to get out of though. The bathroom was kinda small and old looking
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"20 DOLLARS TO PARK AT HOTEL????????????"
Room was nice. I did not like having to pay 20 dollars to park my car even if you are staying there overnight. Also thought we would take their shuttle to Miller Park for Brewer game, then found out both were full and the next one would leave hotel 30 minutes after game had started another 20 dollars for taxi.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
"Architectural and historical gem."
We only spent one night because we just made a quick trip in to tour Marquette, but I could not get over the beauty and architectural detail of this hotel. They did a magnificent job of restoring the place. I only wish we had been able to eat dinner there, because the restaurant was also gorgeous. It was like stepping back in time. Loved the art deco style.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Clare
Great experience. speedy check in. I thought the food was pretty good as well. The parking was excellent . .
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Peyton
"Was perfect location for the show we went to see."
Was perfect location for the show we went to see. Was in walking distance.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Just relaxing..."
Just awesome... we wanted a hotel that just felt relaxing. This is definitely it.. will be staying here every time we come to Milwaukee.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Janelle
"A beautiful Art Deco hotel with a history."
Overall, I was very impressed with the facilities and having an opportunity to stay at such a beautiful hotel with a rich history. Upon arriving, I was greeted warmly and found my room to be spacious and comfortable. I'm a huge fan of Art Deco and had a moment in the lobby where I felt like, "Wow, I feel as though I've stepped back in time." Still, going from good to great is in the details. And I found there were several things that need to be addressed. The parking was a little pricey for my liking, but I did choose to use their garage. Upon returning from my evening activities, I found that there was a line of cars about 10-15 deep trying to enter the garage. As a guest, with a pass, I didn't know if I had a "guest entrance" or if I should just jump in the line. There was some type of concert going on that evening and I honestly didn't know if we had access to a special entrance. When I asked the individual at the front desk, it didn't appear as though he was interested in alleviating this situation in any way. I have to comment on the honor bar and the $6 bottle of water offered in the rooms. I was thinking that many, if not most hotels are moving away from this service. In a city that has a brewery using green energy to brew their beer, this kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Yes, a guest doesn't have to buy anything. $5 for Peanut M&Ms is a little out of control. Once again, I had a very comfortable stay and the Ambassador is a beautiful hotel. But details matter
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
JR
"A+"
Really enjoyed ourselves. The staff was excellent. The hotel is beautiful and unique.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Charming hotel with great staff members"
We came for a weekend stay. We were so happy we picked this hotel. The staff was very friendly and so helpful. The shuttle bus came in very handy. We used it to go to a basketball game.They dropped us off and picked us up at the time we wanted.The hotel itself was very clean,large room and quiet. We definitely will be back again soon.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Jeanne
"Hotel with a lot of history"
Our stay was only one night but the staff and accommodations were excellent. The room was spacious and very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Gene
"ONLY place to stay in MKE"
Awesome as always - it was a little cruel when they put the 1928 prices of the drinks on the drink menu next to the modern prices (haha) - it made my head hurt when I did the math. Only complaint is the tacky neon of the casino shining in my room. Ugly.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great hotel with amazing staff!"
Room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Barry who works in the Envoy Lounge is great! The Ambassador has great staff all around! I have never had a bad night while I’ve stayed there. I have stayed there 25 nights within one year.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Ashley
"Great value"
Loved it! If u love historic u will love this! Had Sunday brunch that also was excellent. Only gripe I have is the shuttle service. We had reserved shuttle at certain time and both times he was not ready to leave at scheduled time. Once he forgot to pick us up
Nice hotel, close to Rave... Very friendly staff.
Our overall stay was excellent. From the time to check in, to the shuttle, and the bar staff we had an excellent stay at The Ambassador Hotel! We came for a one night stay to celebrate my moms bday and go to the casino. The rooms are great and have lots of room. It was nice not feeling cramped in your room.
tracy
"amazing visit"
the building is a historic landmark. it has been beautifully restored. the staff is amazing. the only drawback is the neighborhood behind the ambassador.
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
The hotel front desk was super nice me and my group, the check in woman even said happy birthday to my girlfriend! It's so elegant in the lobby, the elevators a bit different all others, and the room is quite spacious and very clean with big flat screen TV which has a lot options to plug USB hdmi etc into. The only problem was slow shuttle service which really sucked but overall really nice
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Cale
"one day vacation"
we were in town for a play at the Repertory Theater and stayed overnight. The front desk was most generous and helpful in securing future reservations and getting us a fine room. The free shuttle service took us to our restaurant and picked us up in 10 minutes after our play. Another great experience at the Ambassador Hotel.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
paul
The staff was very courteous and friendly! Made me feel right at home!
Other trip Mar 26, 2015