All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
2301 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53233, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"A Good Nights Sleep after a Concert..."
Was a perfect place to lay our head after a concert at the Rave. They also have a shuttle service that runs til midnight to take you to the downtown area, and we used uber for 6 bucks to get us back! If we ever see a show at the Rave again, we will stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2016
Aubrey
"A pleasant stay."
the hotel staff was awesome and friendly. I would choose to stay there again. I had a friendly and quiet time. The restaurant staff was great.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2016
joseph
"It was nice."
it was good . The guy in the entrance needs to control his temper and attitude .
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
"Great Customer Service"
My friends and I were celebrating my birthday at Potawatomi Bingo Hall. When we arrived at his hotel, the guest Experience Manager Connie informed me although my reservation was for the Ambassador Suite (across the street) NOT Hotel she would comp me a room at this hotel. When she learned it was my birthday, she also gave me FREE parking, and $20 Potawatomi Comp certificate. The room was VERY spacious, clean, and the bed was super comfy. We will definitely make this our yearly birthday location.
1 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2016
vernesha
"Wouldn't stay here again"
Old decor, wallpaper peeling off, hotel room and hallways smell like smoke, though they emphasized it was non-smoking. Very loud housekeepers outside the room.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2016
"horroble"
No Heat, Shower water was yellow, could not take a shower.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Alexandra
"Good sleep!"
TV is glued into cabinet, needed access to av ports, access box broken, alerted staff who said sorry but never fixed or offered alternative. Put a damper on stay. Also, if you remove items from minibar they are not replaced nor can you buy them at the front desk. Good beds, bedding and very clean.
2 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
"Feeling anonymous"
Request were acknowledged but never followed through on.
2 night romance trip Nov 30, 2015
They were rude and charged us extra for things that were not included in online price. No hospitality. Never going back.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
Danielle
"Very close to the Rave"
Hotel is right next door to the Rave and it served its purpose. Went to the concert, had a few too many drinks and walked back to hotel and fell asleep. I will stay here again when I attend a concert at the Rave again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2015
Jonathon
Would be better if they had at least one vending machine
1 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2015
"Poor choice"
Travelled with a pet, & recent surgery for me. Requested a room close to exit, the room I had was farthest from elevator. The parking around the corner & across the street was very difficult for getting luggage & dog to room, just as bad when leaving. It was physically very difficult & painful, I was really glad I was not there longer. Personally I would not stay at this hotel again.
3 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
Sue
Beds need to be updated.
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
"Enjoyable Visit"
We stayed due to a concert at the Rave Club. We had a very enjoyable visit. The staff was wonderful and very knowledgeable of the area. The neighborhood was a bit rough; however, I felt very safe at our hotel. I would definitely stay again if I was in the area.
2 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
adela
Everything was fine except that the room absolutely reeked of cigarettes. It was so bad that we all had headaches when we woke up. Will not stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
"a nightmare"
I have never been to a hotel where the reception people were rude. The coffee pot had left over coffee from the previous occupant, the continental breakfast had bad milk and moldy bread. The movie I wanted to rent did not work but they still tried to charge me for it. On Thursday, October 14, we tried to enjoy some drinks and food at the Ambassador hotel's bar, the envoy, and I never felt so insulted as the bartenders were rude and did not want to answer any questions. I felt as I offended them because I was a latino man, i never felt that sensation of discrimination in such a long time. I talked with the manager and we were able to get service.
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
Victor
"waste of money"
first they charged me more than what i booked the room at and it took 4 days before i was refunded the difference. they charge $10 a night for parking which i find absurd. the view from my room was staring at a brick wall. they barely have more tv channels than a basic antenna tv. the wifi signal was so weak that my devices constantly lost signal and when they had signal they worked slower than dial up services from the 90s. i will never stay here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Noisy neighborhood"
Room was nice, early one morning someone was in the hall yelling help, probably wouldn't stay there again. Down the street from a nightclub could hear voices from the street on the 3rd floor.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
Emily
"Clean, Close To Everything, Neighbourhood So So."
Travelling through Milwaukee on a tour of the Midwest. Having not been to Milwaukee before I wasn't sure of the neighbourhood but I took a chance. It wasn't super. There were a lot of "interesting characters" milling about the area after dark but really, I wasn't bothered. The room itself was very clean and looked to be recently remodeled. The continental breakfast was very meager and the breakfast room only had one table in it but it was good for a grab and go situation. They are owned by the bigger Ambassador Hotel across the street and they had a nice bar and restaurant available to the Inn guests. Having said all of this, the hotel was within very reasonable distance of many attractions (I rode my bicycle to a Brewers game in about 10 minutes.) and the downtown area. In my opinion the accommodations were well in line with the price paid. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Cardinals game at Miller Park"
Stayed for a Cardinals/Brewers game. Room was clean & comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Will definitely be staying here again!
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Marie
The staff are all very nice, which is really tragic because the hotel is not. Our room this time was not clean... there were towels on the floor, hair in the mini fridge (seriously?! How?!), cheerios stuck in the chair, and pop/mystery stains dripping down the walls. The free breakfast is okay, nothing too extravagant, but I was satisfied enough with it. Rooms need to be updated, as everything seems very worn down and perpetually dirty. But seriously, the staff are all extremely friendly/polite.
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Sara
"Trip to see Garth!"
It was great for our needs.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Sue
Glad we only had to stay 1 night. Very dirty! Hair on the bathroom floor, other stuff (not sure what) on the carpet. Hallway carpets/ stairs were stained. Walls and doors were dirty. I did not feel comfortable staying there at all.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Close to where we needed to be early the next morn"
Unhappy about the unexpected $10 parking fee that we had to pay when we checked in. Then the next morning, apparently the receptionist didn't add that charge to my credit card so I got a bill for that. Will have to make sure that I don't get charged twice for that. There was only 1 roll of toilet paper. Room smelled musty.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Not good"
Was shown three rooms after complaining about the showerheads have a mold on them they finally sent somebody a couple hours later to clean the one
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Terrance
Bedroom window was unlocked, beds were not very comfortable, breakfast was very limited (frozen waffles, yogurt, cereal).
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
"Ambassador Inn"
a solid downtown MKE value. Edgy little neighborhood but seems safe enough.
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Sevie
"complaints"
Did not have any towels,tissue box was empty with trash stuff in it.lamp on the desk didnt work.did not have any soap,or other bathroom necessities.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"Fine for the price"
The hotel was fine. The neighborhood can be iffy after dark, but they do run a shuttle. The staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the elevator smelled of urine. I mentioned it and they put in a work request to have it cleaned. It was fine for the price, and I will stay there again
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
"Wedding trip"
Stay was for one night. We were able to upgrade at last minute to accommodate an extra guest. During our visit we had an medical emergency which required some first aid supplies. The clerk was very helpful in obtaining what was needed. Very much appreciated!
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Allan
"DSS Hotel for Homeless People"
Nothing against homeless people but when I stay at a hotel I expect to be greeted by other guests not people who are homeless. We were greeted by a group of people smoking outside the front door. The bathroom was dirty, there was mold on the shower curtain. I make frequent trips to Milwaukee but will not be staying there again. Continental "breakfast" was a joke.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Great location if you need a place to stay for a concert at the Rave. Desk staff was friendly, breakfast was better than expected, room was clean, plan on staying here again for another upcoming Rave show.
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Price isn't everything"
Had a late Check in had to check in at the Hotel accross the street card reader didn't work had to walk across the street several times with Baggage at 11 pm. Poor lighting in entrance way of room which is where the thermostat was located so couldn't see to turn on air conditioner. Lightbulbs were out in other areas bathroom was dirty especially floor... good continental breakfast though.
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Did the job"
Shuttle service wherever we needed within 3 miles of hotel
3 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2015
Book somewhere else. This hotel was horrible, Dirty and a bad neighborhood. I regret staying here. there where sunflower seeds in on my bathroom floor and on the hallway floor. it was noisey. you could hear people talking in the next room as if they were in the same room as you. The neighborhood was dangerous. I was warned by the front desk not to walk anywhere at night.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2015
"Smelly"
There was a horrible odor in the room and the carpet was stained!
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Harley"
We were just passing through on our way to Chicago stopped to tour Harley museum. it was good
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Run Down and Dirty"
Our recent stay at the Ambassador Inn was disappointing. The hotel and the room was outdated, dirty, and smelly. There was hair in the bathtub, there was dust covering multiple surfaces, there were bugs in the bathroom sink, the elevator smelled overwhelming of cat urine, and the carpets were all stained and smelled like mold. Also, the water in the bathroom faucet smelled of rotten eggs. The coffee pot was clogged and didn't work, the TV didn't work. We contacted the front desk and they sent an employee who attempted to fix it but was never able to. There was no apology or discount for any of the issues that were report to the front desk. WILL NOT be staying again and WOULD NOT recommend to anyone who is traveling.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Noisy- good location"
Was not quiet and smelled like pet waste in the elevator- location was great and rooms were clean
4 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
Great Experience!
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Sara
"not bad place at all"
the staff were very nice. The location is very good. The Carpet smiled but the room we're clean. The berkfasr room has only one table and only 4 chairs but the berkfasr was ok.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!"
Has bed bugs . Over charged my account . Breakfast was terrible. Never came to clean my room .
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Brandi
"Won't stay again."
Elevator smelled like urine, carpets were nasty. Doors were did not have the slower so it kept slamming.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
Oral Jacob
"Business Stay"
A good hotel option for a great price. Basic amenities to get you by for the minimal time you spend in a hotel while traveling. Convenient to downtown and many other destinations.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Two Nights; Two Ambassadors"
We stayed in both Ambassadors, as our ferry trip was canceled and we needed a room the second night at short notice. The older hotel is splendid! Very classy and elegant. Staff from both hotels are exceptionally helpful, cheerful and competent. The shuttle service is outstanding. The bar at the older Ambassador is a delight. Unfortunately the neighborhood is pretty rough. We were approached four times over three days for handouts, smokes and other things. Every instance in the daytime.
1 night trip with friends Aug 18, 2015
"Good location, helpful staff"
It was a good experience overall. It's an older building but the rooms are nice. I wouldn't walk outside by myself at night though.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Jesse
"Had no problems"
I had no problems . Everything was set up when I came..easy Stay .IT was hot muggy out that day and they had AC already on in my room so was great ..Booking was easy online
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Tashawn
"The overflow rooms across the street"
The overflow rooms across the street from the main hotel are less than desirable and not secure
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Upgraded at the Ambassador"
They were so nice and upgraded our room from the Inn to the Hotel. Staff and the room were amazing.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
davis
"Cheap Spot that's Worth the Trouble"
It was a bit awkward to get in, as the staff was working the other hotel across the street - however as the staff was super helpful and friendly - it wasn't that big of a deal. I loved the level of security actually, waiting to get into the hotel means no one is getting in that doesn't belong.
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2015