All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2301 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53233, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Good place to stay at."
I feel please with my staying at your hotel. Good location and good service too.
3 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
The Ambassador Inn is a low-cost hotel with convenient access to downtown Milwaukee. While it appears to be a standard motel from the outside (as it used to be) the room decor is tasteful, following the lead of its high-end "parent" across the street, the Ambassador Hotel. Perhaps the best thing about the Ambassador Inn is that you can take advantage of some of the offerings across the street, such as the restaurants and, particularly, the free shuttle service. We were pleased to get a complimentary upgrade to a suite upon arrival, and found each member of the staff friendly and helpful. On the downside, the room was quite dim. One or two more lights would have been nice. Also, the coffee pot still had what was left of the previous guest's coffee. For the price, though, the Ambassador Inn is hard to beat. We will stay there again.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Milwaukee overnight"
Friendly staff, nice lobby, very attractive bar.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
BruceZ
"Nice & close to everything I need"
I would recommend to friends & family . Great service. Easy access to public transportation & restsurant dining. Staff was very friendly.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Ambassador Inn Parents Weekend 2014"
We like the Ambassador Inn for its convenient location to Marquette University. We did get an unpleasant surprise at check in: parking in their lot had always been free on previous visits. I was informed that I would have to pay $10 per night for that privilege now. I paid the fee, however, returning their on Saturday night, the lot was full. I had to park across the street at the Ambassador Hotel. It was freezing cold.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"horrible stay"
The room or hotel looked nothing like the pictures on their website. It was old abd dirty. The elevator smelled like urine. It was horrible
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
marlie
"not bad"
5th time I've stayed at the Ambassador Inn, this place is perfect for the reasons of going to The Rave. Not to expensive and always got a good, clean room.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Alicia
The hotel was extremely dated and the walls were very thin. I was awake most of the night due to the noise coming from the other rooms. Terrible experience to say the least. The breakfast was a joke- 1 table in a small room.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Shuttle from Brewers game sucked"
The room was just ok, paid for a two room suite and it wasn't anything special. We had to wait for over an hour for a shuttle ride back to the hotel, another shuttle felt bad for us and picked us up and brought us to Ambassador Inn. We had our children and the drunks kept budging in front of us to get on the first two shuttles and the driver did nothing... Not impressed!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Terrible hotel... Doesn't look like the pictures"
Smells weird... Booked room in main hotel and was sent to an even crappier version of the hotel across the street. Disgusting rooms... "Continental breakfast" was a joke. Never ever stay here
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
RayLynn
The staff kept bugging me about my party. They're to strict if you ann have a party
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"A big zero I will never use expedia again"
This was the worst hotel,bad neighborhood,dirty room,bathroom tub didn't drain we didn't,t sleep all night checked out in the morning
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
The pictures on line were a bit deceiving. This hotel is the smaller version of the Ambassador Hotel located across the street, that being said the staff was very friendly and for the cost ($84 is what i paid) I felt it was definitely worth it and I would go back.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Inn vs hotel"
The inn part of the ambassador hotel is somewhat rough compared to hotel so it is a shock at first glance. I thought we had 2 bedrooms but we had one bedroom with 2 lovely beds and a large living room with a rollout. The bedroom was quiet as was the whole suite. The beds and pillows, sheets, blankets are top quality and very comfortable and the room can be dark for sleeping. Lots of ways in both rooms tv to hook up electronics. kitchen and full size fridge . breakfast not special but met need and the restaurant in the main hotel is fabulous . Also a Starbucks on site. The shuttle to anywhere downtown and drivers were terrific and at the guests service on call or every 30 minutes to and from downtown . This was so convenient and free!
4 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
Rosie Ray
"Not clean"
A friend and I booked a room here for a brewer game. They have a shuttle that takes you to miller park and picks you up after the game, which was nice. The room was disgusting. There were little curly hairs all over the bathroom and he tub had a ring of dirt along the bottom. The fridge was also moldy. The place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. I would not stay here again
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Brewer Fan
"Could have been worse, Maybe"
Let's start with the good. Close to the university and some of the good restaurants in the area. Now, for the rest. The shower/bathtub was not draining and backed up terribly. We discussed this with the front desk as the cleanliness of the room was suspect, there is No Way the maid had properly cleaned the tub. Maintenance should have been called. Our options were to move to an "upgraded" room, For a Charge, (absurd) or have the tub serviced. We opted for the tub service, too bad that never happened. POOR. Breakfast was quite weak as well.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Joey
"Shuttle to the Brewers game"
Building and room had a stale smell
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Ambassador Inn....nice but not for the price."
One night stay. Staff was friendly. Room was average. Will probably not return due to the location and price.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Ken
"great!"
Shuttle to Miller park was awesome and convenient.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
sarah
"Not all I expected"
The room was clean, the person at the reception desk was helpful. Breakfast was bleak...went elsewhere. Coffee was weak. Building is very old, wall paper coming off in the room. Elevator had a wet moldy smell. Neighborhood was noisy.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
Sean
"Never Again"
Awful. AC was broekn in room. With windows open is was REALLY loud. Scary neighborhood. Only positive was friendly staff and the 'sister' main hotel across the street was nice and had a bar, restaurant and shuttle. I was in the afterthought small building across the street.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
RC
"Not so good Hotel"
I often visit Milwaukee and usually stay at a hotel in downtown. It was my first time to stay this hotel which locates west side ot the town. I was not comfortable with this neighborhood. When we arrived this hotel, nodoby was at the reception desk. We had to wait more than 10 mins. We thought we should leave and look for another hotel. Our room was very dark and smelled bad. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
KO
"Dated, tired and need to retire."
This Hotel is in need of a makeover. It's tired, old, overpriced relative to the value it provides. If there wasn't an University down the street, it would be out of business.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
KJK
"Classy hotel and staff."
Had a slight snafu with our room not being ready but they upgraded us for free into a beautiful corner room on the top floor. Excellent hotel with fantastic restaurant and lounge.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Close to Wisconsin Center"
Overall good. Would come back.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Brad
The ease of using the shuttle. The overall stay I was disappointing.. Free breakfast was poor and the last night there someone had their TV turned up high and nothing done about it. Did not get any sleep.
2 night trip May 8, 2014
Monte
"confusing"
We were scheduled to stay 2 nights at the Ambassador Inn. We also had two other rooms for relatives. We had a total of 11 people staying in the 3 rooms. We were told we could move to the Ambassador Hotel for the same price but the rooms only had 1 bed in them. I was told there were not any rooms available with more than one bed. So we ended up paying for 5 rooms at the Hotel (they made the hotel sound nicer and said there would be a lot of concert goers on Sat. night at the Inn). So we paid for 5 rooms instead of 3 rooms. When my parents got to their room it was a larger room with 2 beds and a couch. If they would have told us they had a larger room available, I would have only gotten 4 rooms but my parents were the last to check in so we already had our stuff unpacked. I ended up spending more than expected and so did my sister-in-law because we needed extra rooms. We should have just stayed at the Inn. The Hotel is nicer but our room was quite a bit smaller.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Argen
"Easy to find, near Marquette University"
When I checked in I was told that the hotel was under renovation so I was "upgraded" to the hotel across the street. I was not charged the additional for parking which was nice. I do wish they had tried to contact me to let me know ahead of time. The Ambassador Hotel was very nice.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
beth
Thermostat was broken in the room. Couldn't get room under 80 degrees. They sent someone up to tell us it needed batteries. No batteries were brought up. Toilet was leaking as well. Not worth the money we spent.
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2014
Our stay was fine... The noise at night was not so great!! Much much noise in the Halls all night long and as far as we could tell no direction from the staff to make it stop. The room was nice, however the flooring is in bad shape and really should be updated! It makes the room feel less clean then it really is!!! The Staff was great whenever we talked to them or asked for help. The Staff behind the desk as well as the cleaning staff were friendly and polite!
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Syed was very welcoming! The over night security officer Dustin was also wonderful! Those men deserve recognition for their kindness.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"great location for the Rave"
We have stayed at the sister hotel and decided to try the inn this time, due to price. We were in the room just to sleep. We stayed at the hotel due to the close proximity to the Rave. The front desk staff was friendly, I did not deal with any other staff during my stay. I would not say that this would be a family friendly hotel. It does fill up with concert goers and people wishing to stay close to Marquette university. It is loud, but when you have a hotel filled with people returning from a concert that is bound to happen. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I have never experienced a problem in the neighborhood. People need to remember you are in a larger city, there are homeless people. I will definetly stay here for my next concert at the rave
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
Bobbi Jo
"Ridiculous customer service"
They not only basically ignored us at the check in desk with less than professional or courteous attitude, but when we asked for a blanket for the pull out couch they first tried to tell us our room didn't HAVE one (excuse me, were not idiots) but then had to go ACROSS the street for one thin blanket that took over 30 min to get. What kind of hotel doesn't have extra pillows and blankets available when you offer pull out couches in a suite?!? Ridiculous and the staff were extremely immature and rude. Only plus is the distance to the Rave but I'm NEVER going back. Repeat NEVER.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Literally the worst hotel I've ever stayed in"
Everything about my experience at this hotel was terrible. When my friends and I checked in the man at the front desk was rude, then told me that the rate of $111.00 that I got with expedia wouldn't be honored because instead of 2 people in the room we had three, so that was an additional $10 plus a $10 fee for parking, then a $60 incidental fee (just in case you cause damages to the room.) Something I've never heard of and wasn't mentioned anywhere when booking. So the total for the room went from $111 to $199 by the time tax and "misc fees" were added. He did mention I would get the $60 incidental fee back but it could up to 2 weeks. The elevator up to the room looked like a makeshift shaft, it was so small and barely worked. I thought we would be stuck in there. When we finally got the room it look like it hadn't been cleaned there was dust everywhere, the bathroom wad disgusting, the smoke alarm was sort of just hanging there, the walls are paper thin and you can literally here everything from every side of your room. When I called to complain about the extremely loud noise no one at the desk cared. I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel at ALL unless you like dirt and hidden fees.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Best Value In This Area"
I admit that i didn't expect much from this hotel, mainly because it was cheap. My decision to choose this hotel was based primarily on its proximity to the casino which was amazingly close. However, this place was clean, comfortable and quiet. An excellent value! I will definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
Larry G
Stayed here twice now and was very happy with it both times!
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2014
"Ambassador Inn Milwaukee Wi"
We arrived late in the evening. The young lady seemed to have an hurry up so I can leave attitude. We went to the casino, when we arrived back the tv would not work. There was no one at the desk or any kind of instructions to troubleshoot. I noticed the floor was only spot cleaned, meaning the vacuuming was only the surface where you could see when you walked in. The toilet bowl was clean , but I have lupus and ms so I had to lean over to start the shower, the rim of the toilet was disgusting filthy dirty. There were no lids available for the coffee cups and the so called breakfast consisted of dry cereal or oatmeal. Some fresh fruit would have been nice. I didn't expect omelets and such or room service. When we were leaving I informed the young lady at the desk that there was quite a bit of ice in front of the hotel entrance her response was " I will tell somebody later". The parking was across the street, ok but then the hotel should have made sure the walkways were cleared for the guests. Almost the entire area was covered in ice. I would not stay in this place again even if somebody else was paying.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Scary."
The rooms are ok, but getting to the rooms....scary. Neighborhood....scary. I won't be back.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Tim G.
"We checked in at 10:00 and were gone by 7:45."
The room was cold when we arrived and once the heat was turned up it was too hot to sleep. We did manage some sleep because the beds are very comfortable and the pillows were plush. The deskpeople were very helpful. The breakfast was minimal but adequate.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Less than stellar"
The Ambassador Inn is beyond dated; it is shabby. It has a strange lay-out and even stranger smell. The refrigerator was dirty and the shower was not perfectly clean.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Nice hotel,right down town!!"
Comfy stay,polite staff,would definitely consider staying again
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Felicia
"Frozen room."
We arrived to a very friendly desk clerk. The room was at 56 degrees. This was when it was 0 degrees outside in February. We set the thermostat and it took about an hour for the room to reach the desired 70 degrees. The cleanliness of the beds and room floor and bathroom toilet and shower were fine, but the bedside tables and bathroom floor were missed. We had no problems with noise from others in hotel. Very quiet. It was really close to Marquette. We were in town to look at Marquette college with our daughter. My husband and I shared one double bed. That was a little too small for two. There is a shuttle available to and from anywhere at the college. There was a hotel fee for parking in their lot that we didn't know about.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Horrible"
For you that read reviews, pick a best western or motel 8. This was very old looking. Reviews said it was newly remodeled but it looked like it was a hotel out of the 70s. Carpet was stained and bleached. Bathroom was dirty and musty..The service was nice but you do have an additional high parking fee which they notify you after you wake up in morn
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"Great upgrade"
My stay at Ambassador was great because we got upgraded to the hotel instead of the inn and could thus enjoy the beautiful hotel. The rooms in the hotel were super spacious and the food in the restaurant was really delicious.
3 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
"disappointed"
It was not the best it could've have been by far. .. No ice dirty chips had to change rooms because the heat and TV didn't work. .. I did not enjoy my stay.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
durisha mcalpine
I only stayed 1 night and wasn't there much but it looked like a real nice place.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"convenient for my job interview and access to city"
All staff was friendly, smiling and helpful. The breakfast wasn't much but adequate. Shuttle service was excellent.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
Lou Cavallero
"Not what you expect at all..."
Disappointed immediately upon check in....Ambassador "upgraded" our room to the main hotel. Slow elevators and poor service, our TV unit went out a few hours after checking in. Due to the lateness of the evening, we did not call for service but immediately in the morning, notified the front desk at approximately 8am. Maintenance arrived and couldn't fix the TV and because we were checking out on that day, nothing was done at all. Free breakfast was included in the reservation however it was not honored and a $10 gift card was given instead. Due to TV issues, lack of breakfast...we simply left the premises at 9am. Not a good experience at all and ruined our romantic stay cation.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2014
Parker
"Check in guy very nice and helpful"
A very nice room n friendly staff.eating is way over priced,microwaves r a extra $20,no soda or vending machines.a can of soda in fridge is $3.But I would say here again a very nice room:-)
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Such charm."
Really enjoyed our stay. The tone was set by the front desk who helped us and was so kind - I believe her name was Joelyn. She was pleasant and really set the ton for our visit - great customer service.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014