All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
2301 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53233, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Cheap Spot that's Worth the Trouble"
It was a bit awkward to get in, as the staff was working the other hotel across the street - however as the staff was super helpful and friendly - it wasn't that big of a deal. I loved the level of security actually, waiting to get into the hotel means no one is getting in that doesn't belong.
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2015
Teresa
"Not too bad"
Beds were VERY comfortable! Not very many channels on TV, and the guide showed the wrong shows on the wrong channels. The cleanliness was so-so...there was hair in the corners of the bathroom floor and nasty, smelly gunk under the trash bags in the cans. The neighborhood was straight up scary, but the reception lady chased away at least one of them that were bothering us for money. A lot of homeless people around, and we observed people smoking drugs in the area. Aside from that, the location was very near the Rave, which was our destination for the trip!
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
The location of the hotel in proximity to the event we were at was perfect
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"A great value!"
My son and I stayed 2 nights, attending a class at Marquette. The Inn was very comfortable, and is convenient walking distance. We enjoyed drinks and dinner at the Ambassador Hotel across the street. The rates were surprisingly reasonable and the continental breakfast was totally adequate, but it would have been nice to have more breakfast tables and chairs available. I was surprised be asked to pay for parking as an addition to the room fee. It would have been more pleasant to have had the parking included in with the room charge initially. The room was very good. All in all, a very pleasant experience and I will probably be back.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Ronald
"bad smell and uncomfortable room"
When I checked into the ambassador I was told I wasn't in the ambassador hotel that was shown on the website I was in the ambassador across the street. It was old and smelled bad. The rooms appeared to be at least 10 year old and dirty. Would not stay here again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
adam
"Poor"
Upon arrival, unfriendly staff. Room was unsanitary & had to request housekeeping to clean entire room. Bad neighborhood.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
joyce
"Only stay here for the concerts next door."
Remember this is not the fancy ambassador hotel across the street. This is basically a red roof inn sharing the name. The hotel is in a rough area and the only reason to stay here would be for a concert at the Rave/eagles ballroom. If youre staying there and want cheap, this is the place, but dont venture anywhere on foot but the concert and hotel, unless you take a cab.
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2015
Erik
"Buyer Beware"
Please note that this is NOT the same place as the Ambassador Hotel. Although the hotels have the same contact information, website, and location, they are very different. The Inn is so dirty. Our room had stained carpets, linens, and dirty beds. Additionally, the front desk area was dismal and opened up into hotel staff offices. I felt unwelcome and unsafe. The parking is in an open lot in a very rough part of Milwaukee. The staff didn't have parking passes upon arrival, but told us we were ok to leave our car there without taking down our information. Everything about this hotel seemed off. The hallways were dark, the room numbers were not clearly labeled, and the carpet once again seemed dirty. We were given poor information about the shuttle service. Although the Inn guests can use the shuttle from the Ambassador Hotel, you must walk across a busy street to board it. We did not feel comfortable crossing this street at night. The front desk staff at the Inn seemed to have little to no information about the services at the Ambassador Hotel. We ended up switching rooms and staying at the HOTEL! They were very helpful and charged us a minimal upgrade fee. Make sure you are aware of what you are booking. We expected four stars and ended up in an absolute dump. Thank goodness the Ambassador Hotel staff allowed us to stay across the street, in a much more relaxing, clean environment.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Em
The room was great for what our intentions were, spend the night after a baseball game. Easy fast drive to the game or they provided a shuttle. Bed was comfortable, room could have been clearer, dirty mirror, glass, dusty. The lobby was updated, breakfast area needs some attention as well as the hallways
1 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
"nice room"
We had a nice stay. Clean room, comfortable bed, fridge, micro and a shuttle. Couldn't ask for much more.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Ambassador Inn"
Cool neighborhood. Clean. The feel of the hotel is off. Outdated. Dark. Cold.They take the credit card information manually, so it is not secure and takes forever to check-in. They indicated that this is there practice and that there system wasn't down.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Carl
We were looking for a hotel near the Brewers stadium.We had driven to Milwaukee from Chicago for a nite game.I should have been more careful in my selection but I assumed since we were just going to sleep an inexpensive place would have sufficed.We pulled up to the hotel, never went in and drove back to Chicago even though it was close to midnite.The fact that the "A" was missing from the sign atop the hotel was a clue to what the interior was going to be
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Just OK"
A bit run down, but OK hotel. A bit overpriced.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Erik
"Comfort and bargain near campus"
The room was comfortable and clean, the air conditioning was working well. Continental breakfast was okay, but on Sunday they were out of orange juice. The location was great since we needed to go to the nearby campus. The shuttle was very handy although we walked a lot, even down Wisconsin Ave. to the Lake.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
"Multiple maintenance issues"
We were there for one night and the A/C stopped working for a while and the sink was backed up so when we used it it just kept filling up and not draining.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Okay hotel for the money."
I was in WI for work. Needed a hotel that was close to the convention center. It was more of a walk than I expected but the shuttle at the hotel across the street was available. I was told this is a converted apartment building that was refurbished in 1995. I don't think they have done any upgrades since then. There are 20 rooms and one does not have a closet. That was the one I got. Having to have work clothes that I wanted to hang up was a challenge. I didn't get cleaning service every day I was there, its a good thing I am a clean person. The continental breakfast was pretty bad. If your going to offer pastries, they should be at least decent. It was noisy. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay again only after I exhausted all other possibilities.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Avoid this dump"
This place is a dump. Seriously there is trash on the floor when we checked in, no one at the front desk (they were manning the desk across the street), peeling paint and fraid door.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Don't do it!"
I walked in the Ambassador hotel to check-in and was told I was staying across the street. I entered a dimly lit room that was sub-par to say the least! The restroom was the only highlight because it appeared to be clean. My main issue was with the sleeping accommodations. It did not resemble the pictures at all. The sheets looked like they hadn't been changed in weeks. The linens were a ragged grey and had fresh "adult" stains in the center of the bed. I wish that I could upload a picture. The staff was very nice and moved me to the Ambassador Hotel across the street. The shuttle to downtown was also a nice touch. You get what you pay for!
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
The milk was spoiled. The plumbing made a lot of noise when you flushed the toilet. I had to pay $10.00 to park my car in their parking lot!
1 night trip Jul 15, 2015
Robin
"couples retreat"
The hotel was great it was clean staff was friendly the shuttle service was awesome Sam is wonderful had to pay $10 per night for parking didn't like that very much the continental breakfast was wha blah but overall had a good experience
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
"Would choose somewhere else"
Cigarette on desk chair when we first entered room. Tiniest elevator ever and elevator landings are strange. Thin walls. $10/day for lot parking. OK breakfast offerings. Pay the extra money for the Ambassador Hotel across the street.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"Hotel concept"
Breakfast is very low quality. Coffee machine is always empty and lastly, around the corner of this hotel, there is a ballroom. When ever there is a concert or an event at that place, it is the worst at this hotel because of all of the people throwing late-night parties.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
kris
"never again"
Bad neighborhood, shabby hotel,the WORST breakfast buffet ever.
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
jesse
"Great for Summerfest"
Decent hotel for the price, shuttle to Summerfest was great, room was clean and roomy.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Close to Marquette University"
Easy walk to Marquette. Room is basic and clean for price. If you want something fancier, go to their sister hotel across the street.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
Deb
Great room. Make u pay for parking though. I parked on street which may/may not be good idea. In a shady area which is strange because the hotel is very luxurious and may out of my league.
4 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Mason
"Brewers game stay"
We were there for one night for the Brewers game. Hotel had a shuttle and was awesome all around. Great for the price!
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Meghan
"eh"
Not what I expected. The woman at the check in seemed annoyed that we were there. Although we did check in late, I did call to let them know.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
Allison
"Cheap practical accomodations"
Elevator smelled of urine, small pieces of litter (wrappers, etc) found under bed.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
CARL
"Average hotel in below average location"
This hotel is not in the best location. The area is very run down and the impression of not being a safe area. They do have a free shuttle to get you to downtown Milwaukee. The rooms were decent. The common areas were very outdated and run down.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
fam vg
"Pleasant"
Last minute booking . Only inconvenience was having to walk across street in the rain . Front desk was very polite and room had no flaws . Good night sleep.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
paul
"Near University"
Free shuttle for downtown events a plus, nice restaurant in hotel.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Chuck
"Very Clean"
Very nice, clean, and close to Miller Park. We had problems with our room keys and someone walked to our room with us to make sure they worked the second time. We would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Concert Stay"
The stay was very nice and the rooms were very nice to my surprise. The only thing I thought needed improvement was the elevator. Too small and maybe have paneling on the sides instead of carpet. Other than that it was great!! :)
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Perfect for a night away"
Great for a night away. Also great price and location for a cost at the rave
1 night romance trip May 28, 2015
Kristen
"Not the nicest hotel, but not the worst either"
The hotel is a little run down, and walls are super thin so noise travels very well. I had to call the front desk and complain so I could sleep. The free breakfast wasnt very good. There was only one table in the breakfast room. Super close to The Rave so I would probably stay again. Not the nicest hotel though.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Ambassador Review"
It was very nice and walking distance to our destination.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Not the best experience."
Staff was nice.:) Lighting in room was terrible. No type of hanging device whatsoever for jackets,dress clothes, etc. and had mostly dress clothing with for graduation events. Refrigerator was dirty had to clean it before using.Was disappointing for the cost.
3 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Don't stay here!"
This Hotel is scary and the breakfast is a joke (even for continental)
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Hotel"
Hotel needs some attention to details.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Never again"
Hotel smelled like feces when walking in the lobby. The hallways were musty, doors and walls in bad condition. The "breakfast" that was complimentary was basically bagels and coffee.
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Kathleen
"Average at best"
I was disappointed with our stay. Not family oriented. No pool and no crib available. Our TV remote missing also. Glad I have no need to stay there again.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Glenda
"you get what you pay for, I guess."
Had concert tickets that we recieved last minute. This hotel was inexpensive and a block from the concert venue. There are two "ambassador" hotels on this block which was confusing. Wish I could have prepaid for a parking pass online. It was only ten bucks but still. Had service from one kind of low people skilled person and one very genuinely kind person. Room was smallish and cheapish but nothing actually wrong with it. Wifi was indeed free. Skip the free breakfast- the apples were good and the cereal was cereal. Nothing else was even really appetizing if free.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Savannah
"We went to the rave."
It was comfortable and fun.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Zack
"Horrible Place"
Checked-in and lobby looked like 60's apart building design and décor. The clerk stated we'd been reserved for 1 night instead of 2. (Thank God!!!) The elevator was the size of a small closet. One of our party uses a wheelchair and could barely fit into the elevator. Fitting a luggage cart in on the second trip to our room was nearly impossible. Had to cram it in cockeyed and I was smashed into a corner to even fit in. The room was very run-down and depressing. We left next a.m. and checked into a Quality Suites where we got a suite with two queen beds, an indoor pool and a hot breakfast for the same price. We actually added an extra day to our trip and stayed there two nights. We have stayed at upscale hotels in Milwaukee such as Hilton, Hyatt, Phister and Ambassador (the original hotel across from Ambassador Inn.) Those were all booked so the reason we booked Ambassador Inn. You are not doing your company good by supporting that dive!! It was in the top 4 worst hotels in my 62 years and I've travelled all over U.S. and Madrid, Spain. Also had to pay ten dollars for parking. The three of us would have been better off staying in our car!
Other trip May 14, 2015
Anita
"hotel stay"
There's was smell of pot in the hallway and lots of yelling from neighbors until early morning. Was very uncomfortable. We will look around next time for our stay in Milwaukee.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"Shuttle Bus to Sox game"
The Toilet shut off caused the pipes to rattle, and the shut off cycled every few minutes. It needs attention. I am sure they will get it done soon. I reported it, but as it was late in the day due to 4pm check in time.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Small Potatoes
"Brewers vs Dodgers Get Together!"
Great Value! Shuttle service to and from Miller Park!
Other trip May 13, 2015
Henry
"Older hotel but clean room and friendly staff"
Only 5 min away from Miller Stadium. You are charged $10 for parking in their lot. Not sure if the parking charge is a daily rate as we were there only 1 night. They offer a free shuttle to see the Brewers. There was a leak under our sink, which we noticed upon checking out. Otherwise, there we no other issues that affected our stay.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Terrible stay"
This was the worst hotel experience of my life. I was woken up at 2 in the morning to someone screaming at the top of their lungs and banging furniture. When I called the front desk to tell them people were fighting, they didn't seem to care at all. It went on for 2 hours. Definitely not worth the price. Someone should have calmed them down.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015