All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
2270 Hotel Cir N, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A little dirty"
It was nice the room was a little smelly and the walls had dirt
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
Michele
"Weekday Getaway"
Went to see a Padres game... A weekday overnight getaway, it was perfect. Loved the hotel. I got married at this hotel in 1990. Haven't been there since. Still a very beautiful comfortable place.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"Bad breakfast"
The hotel was good the room wa clean. The location was very nice. 10 minutes to the see world and the zoo. The breakfast was the worst thing I ve ever has about this hotel. There was eggs but not welldone. I thinks there was a wedding going on at the hotel. So the buffet was really small with a many people. So I stand 20 minutes at the line. The quality is food wasn't worth what u paid extra to get free breakfast. I talked with the restaurant manager to get some good dishes. He didn't do anything. Then I went to front disk. They didn't do anything either. So I talked with Hotels.com costumer service and they refund the breakfast money. Iam thankful to them.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Serag
"Not Crown Plaza Standards"
As a frequent traveler I have stayed in at least 20 Crown Plaza's and they were all very nice. This location however is nothing of the sort. First I was given a "standard" room which was dark, damp and smelled horrible. It had not been renovated for at least 20 years. I was upgraded to a "tower" room which was not any better other than the damp musty smell was not in this room. I could have received the same accommodations at Motel 6 and saved $600. I like Crown Plaza's but this one is a dump and was a waste of my hard earned money.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Nathan
"Miserable Experience!"
We've stayed at a lot of hotels in San Diego and this was by far the worst. It was so noisy that it made it hard to sleep. It sounded like people were slamming doors all night long. Beds and sheets were extremely uncomfortable. I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved to another room and they said they couldn't move us. They also said that they couldn't compensate us because we booked the room with Hotels.com. This hotel was way over priced and is in need of updates. I would never stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Can Do This Again"
Good location, nice room, lobby, bar, dining experience. Only one mistake, no body soap in room. Although, the staff made up for it and provided quick service in doing so.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
No free breakfast
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Service wasn't too good and the beds were super uncomfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Kaitlyn
Never again or will I recommend it to any one. So dirty and so much trash everywhere, super old rooms, rust in the bathroom. Overall a big disappointment.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Yovie
"Conveniently priced!"
I was very pirated with my accommodations. The location was perfect for my family. I would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Deborah
"HIDDEN GEM!"
Like being in a hawaiin resort complete with koi ponds, palm trees, grottos, incredible sushi bar....all rooms recently renovated, large and all with a balcony...great pool and one ofthe largest jacuziis I've ever seen!
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Love this hotel!! Everything was great !!"
What a great hotel. A wonderful on site sushi restaurant with s fabulous happy hour. A big warm pool and big jacuzzi!! I love the Hawaii theme with all the waterfalls. My only 2 comaints are the size of the pool towels; they are like a kitchen towel and very few handicap parking spots. Other than that we will be back
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Emery
"Comfort and Convenience"
It's a nice hotel. Very convenient and close to Sea World. Checking in and out was easy. We enjoyed our room. We just had a problem with the coffee maker, but overall, we'd stay here again.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Very noisy."
Stayed for 2 nights over the weekend. The grounds are beautifully kept but the hotel is on the older side. Needs a little updating. The room was spacious & clean. The issue was that the room walls are apparently very thin because I could hear every noise from my neighbors rooms. The bathroom flushing, the door slamming super loud at all hours, and their conversations. Needless to say both nights were very restless due to the noise. I complained but got no resolution. I had asked the clerk at checkin if I could get a higher floor because I really needed to have a restful sleep, but he stated he was unable to accommodate me. I travel to San Diego quite often, but I don't think I'll stay here again.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Maria
"Would stay somewhere else next time."
Housekeeping staff did not knock prior to entering room. Expected them to come back later in the day while we were out. When we returned after being gone for seven hours the room had never been serviced, very irritating. Restaurant service was mediocre. Walls are thin and could clearly hear coversations as people walked by the room. The landscaping was nice.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
J
"Hotel, not so much. Staff was great!"
This is in no way a 3.5 star hotel. Maybe 2.5. Exterior doors. Needs updated terribly. Staff was very accommodating. Original room was unacceptable and they upgraded us at no additional cost & free breakfast but hotel in general needs overhauled.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Layne
"very disappointing."
Noisy until after much midnight and the bedding was very rough and uncomfortable.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Nice grounds, room old musty no balcony"
Nothing like the pictures, maybe we were in the old building, room was like an overpriced motel 6. No refrigerator small bathroom musty smell. The pool and courtyard were pretty
Other trip May 27, 2015
The hotel is nice. I've stayed here a few times. The rooms and bathrooms are large so that's always nice. Parking is a nightmare. When I would come back in the evenings I couldn't find a place to park. Especially being that I was a woman walking alone it wasn't fun. Restaurant is very good. Coffee bar is expensive.
Other trip May 26, 2015
kristi
"Felt like Hawaii"
The décor was incredible and the ponds throughout the hotel were beautiful. The foods was great at the restaurant within the hotel. Will be going back. this one is a keeper...
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Livin' the dream..."
Thought I'd died and gone to heaven...
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"Beautiful place!"
This was my second time back. I love this place. The ponds and waterfalls and the greenery make you feel like your on a tropical island. Couldn't be happier with my stay here.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Leslie
"Overpriced!"
This is a Motel 6 but quadruple the price!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
If you want to be close to downtown but not fighting for a parking spot or paying 20 bucks for a night for parking this is a great hotel and grounds with a tropical feel slightly dated but still a quality Hotel
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
The grounds were very nice, the rooms are ok, a bit dated.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"clean hotel, friendly staff, older facility"
hotel staff were great and very friendly and accommodating, facility overall looked dated, parking availability was tough at times, wifi and parking not free and charged per device.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Jay
"old"
This hotel is old and very dated. It is stuck in the 90s. It smelled of mold and was just bad.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"I was shake with your hotel"
It is not the that hotel impress me it fare but I was shake with the price it is high the hotel like a motel overall foods are good and the wellcoming is also good and finally you shouldn't take money for the parking other hotel that I stayed are not take
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
mohammad
"Just OK"
Grounds very attractive, pool nice. Restaurant good. Tiny room, very very clean, otherwise uninteresting. Plumbing in the sink is backwards (hot on the right). I was amused that the word "firm" appeared on the pillow cases, yet the pillows were far too soft. The rod in the closet was at half height, a storage shelf just above it. A lady with long dresses or a clergyman with robes would be really annoyed. In short, the high price is for great grounds, upkeep, and staff, surely not the room.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Henry
"has changed"
we were in room 806 on the members club floor. Room was very disappointing , had to kill a huge spider crawling on my bed that probably came from the cobwebbed covered balcony. The closest was so close to the bed the door would only open partway and had to hang our suits on the shower rod because the rod in the closet was so low they dragged on the floor.There was also a half full coffee cup in the dirty microwave. We've often stayed at this hotel when we come to San Diego and usually have a decent experience but will be rethinking our accommodations in the future.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
antonio
"Nice Hotel for Fashion Valley-SDSU Visit !!"
Nice hotel and good value for the money. Tiny workout room - 2 treadmills which were always in use. Definitely not a deal-breaker.Terrific location. Literally 5 mins. from Fashion Valley and less than 15 mins. from SDSU. Two seconds from freeway entrance/exit. Very safe location and safe parking lot (woman travelling alone). Room was nice and large, totally neat and clean. Extremely nice housekeeping staff ! Sheets were a little stiff and the mattress was a bit hard. You know those hotels with the super-soft pillow top beds with soft, cozy sheets you just cuddle into? It's not that. But the bed was clean, sheets crisp (just felt a bit stiff and crackled almost sounding plasticky)! Cannot comment on restaurants, as I didn't eat at the hotel.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
L
"Crowne Plaza Hanalei San Diego - Mission Valley"
For the price that I paid ($160), I'd expect better room and vanity. The room was really just okay, but probably not $160 okay.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Dressed up motel"
I always reviews the reviews before booking and was up in the air about this place. We travel to SD often. My room was clean, but it was clear the staff never checked the balcony in the room. Old coffee cups, cigarettes butts (mom smoking room)!were on the balcony. Staff was nice. Did not feel like a hotel, has the appearance and feel of a motel.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
dad if three
"Nice - close to the zoo hotel"
We picked this one because of the location, it's close too the zoo and downtown area San Diego. 1st impression is it seems like your at a cheesy Hawaiian hotel. Very pretty, waterfall in side etc. the room was outdated but nice. Check it was fast and the hotel staff was very couteous. I would stay again.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Angie
"Meh."
I'm just going to keep it real. I was disappointed in my stay. I was there for only one night, but I couldn't wait to check out. The room was clean, so if that is all you need, it's a fine place. I did find it ridiculous, however, that paying hotel guests need to pay for their parking, as well as $9.95 for wifi. I understand that paying for parking is frequent in this area, however I do know of another hotel in the area where both of these are free for guests. As far as comfort in the room, the beds were springy and uncomfortable for my taste.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Expedia Rooms Aren't as Nice"
I'm sure this hotel is nice but only if you don't book with Expedia. The old, run down section seems to be for those who don't book with the hotel. Don't let the pictures fool you. The Islands restaurant and extra money paid for the breakfast was a waste of time. I have had better breakfast in a school cafeteria or McDonalds. The buffet was terrible. The rooms were truly small and the bathroom did not even have a counter. The smell was old and musty. I have never been more disappointed with a hotel. I would have paid triple to assure a clean room. The pictures of this hotel are very misleading and I would never recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Overall pretty good!"
The only issue I had was the bedding! It was the most uncomfortable "blanket" and sheets I have ever slept with! Other than that the stay was great! I will stay there again but take my own blanket!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
It was alright. Nothing really special. A good enough place to stay.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great hotel to mix business trip with some tourism"
The location of this hotel is great, close to a lot of shopping and dining and adjacent to the Interstates and business districts. The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed and 'tropical', the restaurants are solid and the pool area is really nice. Rooms are spacious and clean, hotel staff is very friendly. Highly recommended.
Kenneth
"Excellent Hotel"
It is good hotel for either business and leisure. I would like to recommend others who want to come to San Diego area.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great hotel in outdoor tropical atmosphere."
Great experience. Wonderful tropical ambiance in a convenient location close to all shopping and dining. Only 10 minutes from Downtown and 10 minutes from beaches. Solid gym, outstanding breakfast buffet and nice sushi bar.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Kenneth
Everything was fine,they even let me use a microwave and small frige for free, but you have to pay to park, $12.00 a day and the bed and pillows where worn out. You could lay your head on three pillows ,stacked up and your head would sink to the mattress,like that are filled with air. Over all the hotel is nice looking,they spend a lot of time and money keeping the outside looking Like your in Hawaii.I think they need to buy some new beds and mostly PILLOWS. I think I would Come back ,but I would bring my own pillows.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"It was just above average but not spectacular"
The beds were standard hotel beds mildly comfortable. The room needs updating. The shower was good and powerful. High flow!! However, the shower drain didn't drain fast enough and the tub filled up. The staff was the highlight. They were awesome.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"Older hotel chain but nice"
Crown Plaza was nice close to all the attractions. Didn't like the sheets. To crispy wasn't soft. I would stay and recommend again.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Older hotel with newly updated rooms"
Nice rooms, we were on the 5th floor with a rear view of the golf course.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Good location, easy to get to everywhere"
Beautiful view overlooking golf course - 6th floor.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"old"
Hotel room was outdated and the room had a strong musty smell.Will find another hotel when traveling to san diego.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
davidson
Had an old tropical feel. Did not like that you could hear opening/closing of doors, showers, and cabinets in the rooms next to us.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Disappointing Stay"
For Valentines Day, I had booked my hotel to be a King sized room. When I arrived, I was informed that my room was given away and instead I had no choice but to take a room with 2 Queen sized beds, on the first floor, on the highway side of the hotel. This was off to a terrible start. They comp'd my parking, but quite frankly that doesn't make up for the fact that I wasn't getting what I booked. The bedroom, while advertised on their website to look up to date and modern, was very old and out dated. The sheets felt like plastic and the pillows simply were not comfortable. Super disappointing as this was for Valentines weekend. We were from out of town just wanting a cute place to stay while visiting San Diego, and by the end of our stay I could not wait to get back into my own bed at home.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Great hotel. Nice, clean, great location. A little upset to book a hotel on expedia's hidden hotel and then be hit with hidden fees from the hotel such as parking. Expedia should be up front with the fees before you have paid and told what hotel you are staying at and additional fees you have no control over. Also no air conditioning so we slept hot every night. Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was nice and helpful. Didn't like the fact it was advertised free shuttles to the zoo, sea world and old time but there was only 1 time you were able to catch that shuttle.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015