All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
2270 Hotel Cir N, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary amenities
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Poor vibe
Hotel staff was friendly and responsive. Food from the restaurant was good, but the breakfast buffet was "average".
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
"Never again"
Smoke alarm kept chirping, had to have maint fix it in order to sleep. Beds and sheets very starchy, felt like sleeping in plastic wrap.
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2015
"Not a Crown Plaza"
Not up to Crown Plaza standards. Was probably a nice hotel in it's day, but it's day has come and gone.
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Ken
"Smelled moldy & needed a complete refurb"
I checked in and immediately asked to be switched to a room that wasn't so musty and moldy smelling. The front desk person was very helpful and accommodating, the new room was a little better but still not fresh at all. The sheets were a starched and crunchy, but otherwise the bed was OK. The showerhead was at about 5 1/2 feet, so anyone taller than about 5'3" would find it a bit uncomfortable. I'm 6'1.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
"Great price! Comfortable"
Super comfortable. Great price. Felt like I was getting my money's worth. Really enjoyed drinking my coffee on patio in morning with the nice view overlooking the pool/ park. Would definitely recommend.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
shara
Stayed at the hotel to attend a two day conference. My room was great, nice desk to work at, nice bed, everything clean, great lighting with obvious on/off switches, plenty of electrical outlets so you could use computer at desk, in bed, in easy chair. Great to have microwave and refrigerator. Just like home, blow dryer, magnifying mirror, ironing board. Conference room was either too hot or too cold though.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
Joan
"RUN, DO NOT WALK!"
We checked in at the hotel and were given keys to our rooms. Opening the door to each of our rooms, we were blasted with the smell of mildew. Awful! The carpet was damp, there was hair in the bathtub in my sons room. The hotel is well past prime, and truly needs to have a major update (consider tearing it down and starting anew). We each changed rooms. The air conditioning did not work in the 2nd room I was given. It was about 90 degrees in San Diego, so A/C was essential. The smell was better, but the dingy bedding, rug, etc, was not. I was given a new room key by a surly staff member, I complained to the manager and was offered a 3rd room. My son and his girlfriend were quietly doing research on hotels in the area. We made a call to the Hampton Inn across the street and were able to spend the night there without incident. This was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Disgusting and poorly managed. Hence my review title - Run, Do Not Walk! AKA - Just say no! Nasty, nasty place. Check out some of the reviews on Yelp and you'll see even more horrific stories than ours.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Jill
"A little dirty"
It was nice the room was a little smelly and the walls had dirt
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
Michele
"Weekday Getaway"
Went to see a Padres game... A weekday overnight getaway, it was perfect. Loved the hotel. I got married at this hotel in 1990. Haven't been there since. Still a very beautiful comfortable place.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
We were here for family emergency. We booked the room at the last minute. Rooms were older but well maintained and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
jack
"Bad breakfast"
The hotel was good the room wa clean. The location was very nice. 10 minutes to the see world and the zoo. The breakfast was the worst thing I ve ever has about this hotel. There was eggs but not welldone. I thinks there was a wedding going on at the hotel. So the buffet was really small with a many people. So I stand 20 minutes at the line. The quality is food wasn't worth what u paid extra to get free breakfast. I talked with the restaurant manager to get some good dishes. He didn't do anything. Then I went to front disk. They didn't do anything either. So I talked with Hotels.com costumer service and they refund the breakfast money. Iam thankful to them.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Serag
"Not Crown Plaza Standards"
As a frequent traveler I have stayed in at least 20 Crown Plaza's and they were all very nice. This location however is nothing of the sort. First I was given a "standard" room which was dark, damp and smelled horrible. It had not been renovated for at least 20 years. I was upgraded to a "tower" room which was not any better other than the damp musty smell was not in this room. I could have received the same accommodations at Motel 6 and saved $600. I like Crown Plaza's but this one is a dump and was a waste of my hard earned money.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Nathan
"Miserable Experience!"
We've stayed at a lot of hotels in San Diego and this was by far the worst. It was so noisy that it made it hard to sleep. It sounded like people were slamming doors all night long. Beds and sheets were extremely uncomfortable. I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved to another room and they said they couldn't move us. They also said that they couldn't compensate us because we booked the room with Hotels.com. This hotel was way over priced and is in need of updates. I would never stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Can Do This Again"
Good location, nice room, lobby, bar, dining experience. Only one mistake, no body soap in room. Although, the staff made up for it and provided quick service in doing so.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
No free breakfast
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Service wasn't too good and the beds were super uncomfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Kaitlyn
"My family will never stay here again"
The staff is incompetent. The Islands food is horrible. The restroom is moldy. The room is stuffy and the beds were old and lumpy
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
stay away
"Dated hotel but close to beaches"
Dated hotel but close to beaches and downtown San Diego.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Susie
"Old and smelled of stale cigarette smoke."
As soon as we entered our first trim the smoke smell was so bad we asked to be moved. The second room was OK but within a few guys smoke again smelled in our room. While they may claim no smoking is permitted the fact is the smell rolls through the building. The room was ok but the carpet was just plain worn out with holes and edges frayed. The bed was clearly old and worn out. For the price you should go somewhere nice. Save you money and stay at the Motel 6 next door it could not be worst.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
so cal vacation
Never again or will I recommend it to any one. So dirty and so much trash everywhere, super old rooms, rust in the bathroom. Overall a big disappointment.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Yovie
"Centrally located!"
This was my second time staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. My husband and I will be moving to the area and this is the hotel we will be would recommending to our friends and family!
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Erik
"San Diego Fathers Day weekend 2015"
We had an amazing time in San Diego. We visited old town. Went to an air show in El Cajon. Spent time in our hotel room. Staff was great at check in. Pool area was awesome. Overall experience was great. Down side is that this hotel requires you to pay a $12 fee to park in their parking lot.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Angel
"Dirty room"
Dirty room, sheets had brown spots in them, bugs appeared ln the sheets also, we called and they wouldn't do anything about it, really disgusting
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Location and comfort"
I've visited San Diego for 30 years, but this was my first time at the Crowne Plaza. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and quietness of the hotel at such a busy location. We had an upper room facing the palm trees and the golf course. Great view. The kids loved the pool, and we enjoyed the Sunday buffet too. And the fact that it's a Tiki decor hotel was a bonus for us. Honestly, this was nicer than some of the tourist hotels I've stayed at when visiting Oahu and Maui.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Kev
"Conveniently priced!"
I was very pirated with my accommodations. The location was perfect for my family. I would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Deborah
"Comfortable and safe hotel"
Comfortable, quiet and tropical. Has nice waterfalls and green lush areas. Included relaxation lotion and spray (trial size) to help you relax. Had a ton of cable channels.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Jackie
"Thank you!"
My boyfriend and I booked with Crowne Plaza based on reviews we had read. We were not disappointed! When we first checked in, Tish was VERY friendly and comped our parking, which was unexpected. We walked into our room and was greeted with a nice, comfy looking room. Every time we walked through the lobby, someone in the staff would say hello or smile at us. We couldn't be more happy with our stay and will definitely be back. Thank you Crowne Royal staff for making my boyfriend and I's stay for his birthday a happy one!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Loreli
"HIDDEN GEM!"
Like being in a hawaiin resort complete with koi ponds, palm trees, grottos, incredible sushi bar....all rooms recently renovated, large and all with a balcony...great pool and one ofthe largest jacuziis I've ever seen!
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"First time staying and won't return"
It was my friends first time to Cali and we stayed at the crown plaza expecting a fabulous stay based on the pictures. Contrary to our belief, we visited the same night they were hosting an r and b convention. It smelled like weed so bad we had to sleep with the patio door open, woke up with headaches the next day, there was brown stuff dripping from the wall. The shower head didnot work well. It was beautiful hotel with friendly staff but a very uncomfortable stay.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Love this hotel!! Everything was great !!"
What a great hotel. A wonderful on site sushi restaurant with s fabulous happy hour. A big warm pool and big jacuzzi!! I love the Hawaii theme with all the waterfalls. My only 2 comaints are the size of the pool towels; they are like a kitchen towel and very few handicap parking spots. Other than that we will be back
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Emery
"Very nice,near to Lego land,sea world and the beac"
I like the place,great atmosphere.... Very easy to get on the hwy. Also good customer service.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Ramon
"Comfort and Convenience"
It's a nice hotel. Very convenient and close to Sea World. Checking in and out was easy. We enjoyed our room. We just had a problem with the coffee maker, but overall, we'd stay here again.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Very noisy."
Stayed for 2 nights over the weekend. The grounds are beautifully kept but the hotel is on the older side. Needs a little updating. The room was spacious & clean. The issue was that the room walls are apparently very thin because I could hear every noise from my neighbors rooms. The bathroom flushing, the door slamming super loud at all hours, and their conversations. Needless to say both nights were very restless due to the noise. I complained but got no resolution. I had asked the clerk at checkin if I could get a higher floor because I really needed to have a restful sleep, but he stated he was unable to accommodate me. I travel to San Diego quite often, but I don't think I'll stay here again.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Maria
"Would stay somewhere else next time."
Housekeeping staff did not knock prior to entering room. Expected them to come back later in the day while we were out. When we returned after being gone for seven hours the room had never been serviced, very irritating. Restaurant service was mediocre. Walls are thin and could clearly hear coversations as people walked by the room. The landscaping was nice.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
J
"I got their I had to move my bags from my trunk on"
I had no heater in the room was Brocken so cold in the room And mattress are not comfort It's was bad stay My wife she sick from cold room
Other trip May 30, 2015
im in fashion
"Hotel, not so much. Staff was great!"
This is in no way a 3.5 star hotel. Maybe 2.5. Exterior doors. Needs updated terribly. Staff was very accommodating. Original room was unacceptable and they upgraded us at no additional cost & free breakfast but hotel in general needs overhauled.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Layne
"very disappointing."
Noisy until after much midnight and the bedding was very rough and uncomfortable.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Nice grounds, room old musty no balcony"
Nothing like the pictures, maybe we were in the old building, room was like an overpriced motel 6. No refrigerator small bathroom musty smell. The pool and courtyard were pretty
Other trip May 27, 2015
The hotel is nice. I've stayed here a few times. The rooms and bathrooms are large so that's always nice. Parking is a nightmare. When I would come back in the evenings I couldn't find a place to park. Especially being that I was a woman walking alone it wasn't fun. Restaurant is very good. Coffee bar is expensive.
Other trip May 26, 2015
kristi
"Felt like Hawaii"
The décor was incredible and the ponds throughout the hotel were beautiful. The foods was great at the restaurant within the hotel. Will be going back. this one is a keeper...
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Livin' the dream..."
Thought I'd died and gone to heaven...
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"Beautiful place!"
This was my second time back. I love this place. The ponds and waterfalls and the greenery make you feel like your on a tropical island. Couldn't be happier with my stay here.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Leslie
"Overpriced!"
This is a Motel 6 but quadruple the price!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
If you want to be close to downtown but not fighting for a parking spot or paying 20 bucks for a night for parking this is a great hotel and grounds with a tropical feel slightly dated but still a quality Hotel
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
The grounds were very nice, the rooms are ok, a bit dated.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"clean hotel, friendly staff, older facility"
hotel staff were great and very friendly and accommodating, facility overall looked dated, parking availability was tough at times, wifi and parking not free and charged per device.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Jay
"old"
This hotel is old and very dated. It is stuck in the 90s. It smelled of mold and was just bad.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"I was shake with your hotel"
It is not the that hotel impress me it fare but I was shake with the price it is high the hotel like a motel overall foods are good and the wellcoming is also good and finally you shouldn't take money for the parking other hotel that I stayed are not take
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
mohammad
"Just OK"
Grounds very attractive, pool nice. Restaurant good. Tiny room, very very clean, otherwise uninteresting. Plumbing in the sink is backwards (hot on the right). I was amused that the word "firm" appeared on the pillow cases, yet the pillows were far too soft. The rod in the closet was at half height, a storage shelf just above it. A lady with long dresses or a clergyman with robes would be really annoyed. In short, the high price is for great grounds, upkeep, and staff, surely not the room.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Henry
"has changed"
we were in room 806 on the members club floor. Room was very disappointing , had to kill a huge spider crawling on my bed that probably came from the cobwebbed covered balcony. The closest was so close to the bed the door would only open partway and had to hang our suits on the shower rod because the rod in the closet was so low they dragged on the floor.There was also a half full coffee cup in the dirty microwave. We've often stayed at this hotel when we come to San Diego and usually have a decent experience but will be rethinking our accommodations in the future.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015