All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
2270 Hotel Cir N, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"san diego"
Very nice grounds. The property is a bit older but very clean and comfortable. I felt like I was in Hawaii. Good breakfast and sushi bar. A bit of traffic noise, since it is just off the freeway...but in the room it was not noticeable.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Nice hotel, although it is a bit far from Town & Country convention center. The shuttle, however, can compensate that.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"I'd pass on this one"
Room needs updating. Wardrobe closet hinges were broken so closet light was on all night. Room fan couldn't be turned off and made noise all night. Did not get a goodnight sleep. The grounds were very nice and it is centrally located, but I'd pass on stating here again.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
"cold"
Hotel was freezing cold in common areas.
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Collette
"very disappointed"
Heater did not work, blankets on bed were flimsy,thin, and rough. Rooms need upgrades badly.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Dechelle
Was easy to find. Pleasant atmosphere, comfortable rooms.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Vivienne
"Quick stay, but it was nice."
Arrived late after Holiday Bowl and restaurant visit, but staff very courteous and helpful upon our arrival. The area in t he middle of the hotel looked very appealing, with all of the trees & seating areas. Staff knew we were tired & were wanting to get to bed. They were very helpful in providing directions & instruction in order for us to accomplish that.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Russ
"Great experience!"
Being from Hawaii I found it kinda funny to be staying in a hotel with a Hawaiian theme, other than that I had a wonderful experience with the accommodations and the professional and friendly staff. Definitely would stay there again I ever I'm in San Diego again.
6 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Jaymes
Nice hotel. Tropical feel with water features, pools, grass area. Good Sushi bar and bar with TV's on site. Coffee shop. Close to restaurants shopping.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Wonderful and helpful staff. The sushi bar was great.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Enjoyed"
All was well, except the bed was not as comfortable as I was expecting
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Yolanda
"plaza"
Nice hotel kids loved the scenery and the pool close to all attractions
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
edward
"baseball tournament"
Room was nice but had no refrigerator or microwave. Got a big surprise when a hotel parking fee was added to our stay.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
William Greene
Very dated rooms. Had a musty smell. Felt more like a motel having people with roller bags going by at all hours. Uncomfortable bed. No remote for tv. Very disappointed as Crown Plaza's are typically more upscale. Couldn't wait to get up and leave.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Thank You"
Very friendly staff. Thank you guys. You just need more channels on your t.v.'s to watch more than just several selected channels.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Better be prepared to pay more"
The food was expensive, and there were additional charges for parking and internet. This even though the room rate was pretty high.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
I booked this trip to relax and spend pool time with my grand kids. They pool is supposed to be heated, it was freezing! Also there tropical grounds were not what I expected, they were between the buildings and very dark. The Koi pond has a total of two very small koi.
3 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
"Great value! Nice pool and jacuzzi!"
Hotel is a bit dated but still very nice. I enjoyed the Hawaiian theme and waterfalls. The pool and jacuzzi were great. Bar and restaurants on site. Will definitely be back.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Ok for a quick weekend"
Good place to stay if all you want to do is sleep and spend your nights there. I spent all day around San Diego and relaxed at the hotel at night very peaceful. Great military discount.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Mando
"Not a 3.7 rating hotel..."
Wifi didn't work in room... Also the sheets were like PLASTIC. Could've stayed somewhere better for sure!
5 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"Friendly, great service, good hotel"
All around, this was a good hotel that exceeded expectations, specifically so with the professionalism and courtesy of the staff. I arrived early, and they were able to accommodate me immediately. The location is right next to everything - so you can take a car to PB, Gaslight, Seaworld, all for <$15. This is good place for families. The pool area is quiet and nice. The quality of the room service food was great, and far exceeded expectations, and the price was high/fair vs. high/exorbitant. While the hotel itself is older, it is clear that it is being actively maintained/upgraded as needed. I would stay here again if I was in the area (and there are a slew of choices in a few mile radius).
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Aaron
The hotel was nice and the staff were pleasant. The hotel itself is a little outdated. It was centrally located close to Old Town, Sea World & Mission Beach.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Very pleasant two day stay."
The staff was very friendly and eager to please, Room was delightful, decent sized balcony overlooking the pool and greenery. It had a comfortable bed, but no refrigerator or microwave. Room service was quite decent, not outrageously priced and quick. We had a very pleasant stay, and will recommend it to friends.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
Nice but naughty
Hotel is not clean well , the stuff is good and freindly but the hotel is too old
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Great time and Hotel has nice pool a balconies... Quick access to freeway from hotel.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Paid too much"
We booked this hotel through expedia with the idea that we were getting a good deal for our money. After the first night it was obvious that we paid way too much. The hotel lists a low price then charges an arm and a leg to park and use the internet. The standard continental breakfast that is free at most hotels is more costly than the price of a standard dinner.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Kelsey
"Easy access to freeway"
Very comfortable, large rooms.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Decent for the price"
The place could use a little update, but the room was clean, the pool was nice and the food at The restaurant was good.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
miguel
"Nice hotel in a central location"
We stayed here o go to a football game at Qualcomm Stadium. As far as location goes, this hotel is almost perfect. In Hotel Circle, it is practically next door to Qualcomm, a short drive from Old Town, downtown San Diego, and the Mission, as well as the beaches and other attractions. Décor is Hawaiian/Polynesian, which can be cheesy, but this is not offensive. Rooms are spacious, modern, and clean. Our only complaint was with breakfast in the hotel café. They offer both a buffet and service off the menu, but are really only set up for buffet service. We ordered off the menu after being greeted by a rather surly hostess who brought me syrup after I'd asked for soy milk! After that, we were virtually ignored, even for coffee service--I had to wave my arms to get the attention of the coffee servers. My husband's omelet was good, but I ordered oatmeal. Mistake. It was a watery, tasteless soup. The surly hostess delivered the bill and asked how everything was. When I said the oatmeal was terrible, she just said "Sorry", and left the bill. Not "Can I get you anything else?" or "I'm sorry, let me comp that for you." Left a bad taste in my mouth after an otherwise pleasant stay.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Make sure rooms are cleaned"
Arriving late and about to get in bed when my wife realizes pubic hairs in our bed Gross!!
"Quick Getaway..."
The environment of the hotel is great. There is a bar and restaurant in the lobby that are good. The only downside is the comfort of the beds and the shower. The rooms are a nice size, just a little outdated. The location of the hotel is great.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Have stayed there MANY times and would highly recommend it.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great Stay in San Diego"
Staff was courteous and efficient. Grounds were clean and themed in a Hawaiian style. Room was clean and comfortable with no issues whatsoever. Pool and hot tub were clean and comfortable. Resort is within a short driving distance to most major attractions in San Diego.
7 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
Keith K
"Not clean!"
Room still has toothpaste on the bathroom counters from previous attendants. We has to switch rooms! The floors were stained and there was hair on one of the towels. We only had the parking fee waved, although they should have given us a room discount for having to change rooms!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
lita
"Modest Hotel"
The Hotel is well kept even though its a little bit dated.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Ann
"Bad"
Really bad hotel from the reception to the room , no one help from the staff and all the room doors have sound with the horror view it's really horror if any one like the horror movie this is the place
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
Abdullah
Our stay was overall very nice. Unfortunately the last night we were there it was extremely noisy due to a large group that had come for a Polynesian celebration. I would have liked to have been notified ahead of time so that I could leave before they all came.
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
This hotel was a great hotel. Close by to a shopping mall and resaurants. Staff was extremely helpful and rooms were comfortable and very clean.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Just Okay"
The hotel was just okay, but we will probably not stay there again. The little refrigerator and micro in our room did not work. When I reported it, the girl at the front desk didn't seem like she really cared. We also paid extra for the breakfast the next morning. The food was awful; stale pastries, soggy greasy bacon, and they ran out of coffee (we couldn't find any wait staff to put more out).
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"Too old, very old, really old hotel"
I would really recommend the owner of this hotel to do the BIG BIG renovation for the hotel. It is so desperately old that it can ruin the Crown Plaza name and reputation. When I entered into my room, the first feeling was the room was so damp that I felt really yarky. The carpet was yarky. Everytime when opening the doors of the cupboard, it sounded like they would fall down. And I had to use about 4 times on average to use the keycard to enter the room. When The elevator was up and down, it sounded so loud that I could hear it from my room! Really, I really want the owner to start do something with the hotel.
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Paradisey
"Nice resort feel"
Hotel has easy access to freeway and shopping center is within 5 minute drive. But nothing within walking distance. The grounds were nice with plenty of Palm trees and a nice pool. But..... The bed had these sheets that felt like they were water proof. Very uncomfortable. And the sliding door to the patio was jammed and off track. And no mention of the $16 a day parking till checkout. After parking and tax it was over $200 a night. Worth it? I don't know, but my wife enjoyed the pool and the balcony. I'd probably stay here again. But only for the view and the grounds. Not the bed.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Nice property - Rooms need renovation badly"
This is a nice property in a good location. BUT the rooms are old and in great need of renovation. Looks like they have not seen TLC since 1980's
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Richard Hardoon
"expected more"
We went to San Diego on our first family vacation. I have a 1 year old son. We went to the zoo and after checked in at the hotel around 730. Needless to say, my son was exhausted after a day of travel and fun. I had asked for a crib when I made the reservation and when we got to the room, at around 830, it wasn't there. So I called the front desk and was assured it would come soon. I waited an hour and nothing. I called again and she said they had a lot of check-ins and was too busy, but NOW she'd check on it. I waited more. It was about 1045 when I was ready to call again when it finally came. We ordered room service after the first call to the front desk and they cooked the food faster than they brought the crib. And by the way, room service was ridiculously expensive. I know it tends to be every where but the crowne takes the cake. 2 burgers, a kids' chicken strips and 3 drinks. $80 and change! It looks nice. Once you get inside. There's a lot of greenery and fountains. The walls are thin.... very thin. The description of my room said king suite and it was more of a regular room. It was exceptionally clean. And the room service, housecleaning staff, and the waiter at the restaurant were wonderful. The front desk staff and the hostess at the restaurant not so much. I would probably find another place next time I visit San Diego, unless I get a great deal at the crowne.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
silvia
"over priced"
I paid way to much for this hotel. 250 for one night. And they didn't even give they're three free drink vouchers. But other then that nice area and pleasant hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Casey
"Great vacation!"
This was our first time at the Crowne Plaza and we had a great time! The only hitch was the TV reception was not so great, but my husband and son watched the Padres game at the Sushi restaurant and that was fun for my son. Other than that, the ambience was awesome. The Hawaiian theme was very relaxing and beautiful. The service was excellent, very friendly. We would definitely come back.
Victoria
"Loved it!!"
We had a great time, the hotel was clean, beautiful and very romantic, I definitely coming back to stay there, it was a great stay.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Mario Lopez
"Was told hotel was on the ocean. Not true"
When we arrived there were four people at the desk and they were all helping one person and just completely ignored us we stood there for about ten minutes before we were acknowledged. That was very rude and not professional at all. The room was clean but elevator, floors, walls were very dirty. Will never stay there again.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Valerie
"Tropical Delight"
It was a pleasant experience. We did not have a refrigerator in our room which we were suppose to have. However, it was a nice room. It was a good relaxing end to our day that we spent at Sea World. I would definitely use that hotel again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
had a great experience. The hotel shuttles u around into old town which has a lot if really good restaraunts and shopping. Will return
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
JR
"Needs updating"
Hotel needs updating. Garden & pool area was clean. Water was too cold though.
3 night business trip Jul 10, 2014