All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2270 Hotel Cir N, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Too old, very old, really old hotel"
I would really recommend the owner of this hotel to do the BIG BIG renovation for the hotel. It is so desperately old that it can ruin the Crown Plaza name and reputation. When I entered into my room, the first feeling was the room was so damp that I felt really yarky. The carpet was yarky. Everytime when opening the doors of the cupboard, it sounded like they would fall down. And I had to use about 4 times on average to use the keycard to enter the room. When The elevator was up and down, it sounded so loud that I could hear it from my room! Really, I really want the owner to start do something with the hotel.
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Paradisey
"Nice resort feel"
Hotel has easy access to freeway and shopping center is within 5 minute drive. But nothing within walking distance. The grounds were nice with plenty of Palm trees and a nice pool. But..... The bed had these sheets that felt like they were water proof. Very uncomfortable. And the sliding door to the patio was jammed and off track. And no mention of the $16 a day parking till checkout. After parking and tax it was over $200 a night. Worth it? I don't know, but my wife enjoyed the pool and the balcony. I'd probably stay here again. But only for the view and the grounds. Not the bed.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Nice property - Rooms need renovation badly"
This is a nice property in a good location. BUT the rooms are old and in great need of renovation. Looks like they have not seen TLC since 1980's
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Richard Hardoon
"expected more"
We went to San Diego on our first family vacation. I have a 1 year old son. We went to the zoo and after checked in at the hotel around 730. Needless to say, my son was exhausted after a day of travel and fun. I had asked for a crib when I made the reservation and when we got to the room, at around 830, it wasn't there. So I called the front desk and was assured it would come soon. I waited an hour and nothing. I called again and she said they had a lot of check-ins and was too busy, but NOW she'd check on it. I waited more. It was about 1045 when I was ready to call again when it finally came. We ordered room service after the first call to the front desk and they cooked the food faster than they brought the crib. And by the way, room service was ridiculously expensive. I know it tends to be every where but the crowne takes the cake. 2 burgers, a kids' chicken strips and 3 drinks. $80 and change! It looks nice. Once you get inside. There's a lot of greenery and fountains. The walls are thin.... very thin. The description of my room said king suite and it was more of a regular room. It was exceptionally clean. And the room service, housecleaning staff, and the waiter at the restaurant were wonderful. The front desk staff and the hostess at the restaurant not so much. I would probably find another place next time I visit San Diego, unless I get a great deal at the crowne.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
silvia
"over priced"
I paid way to much for this hotel. 250 for one night. And they didn't even give they're three free drink vouchers. But other then that nice area and pleasant hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Casey
"Great vacation!"
This was our first time at the Crowne Plaza and we had a great time! The only hitch was the TV reception was not so great, but my husband and son watched the Padres game at the Sushi restaurant and that was fun for my son. Other than that, the ambience was awesome. The Hawaiian theme was very relaxing and beautiful. The service was excellent, very friendly. We would definitely come back.
Victoria
"Loved it!!"
We had a great time, the hotel was clean, beautiful and very romantic, I definitely coming back to stay there, it was a great stay.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Mario Lopez
"Was told hotel was on the ocean. Not true"
When we arrived there were four people at the desk and they were all helping one person and just completely ignored us we stood there for about ten minutes before we were acknowledged. That was very rude and not professional at all. The room was clean but elevator, floors, walls were very dirty. Will never stay there again.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Valerie
"Tropical Delight"
It was a pleasant experience. We did not have a refrigerator in our room which we were suppose to have. However, it was a nice room. It was a good relaxing end to our day that we spent at Sea World. I would definitely use that hotel again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
had a great experience. The hotel shuttles u around into old town which has a lot if really good restaraunts and shopping. Will return
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
JR
"Needs updating"
Hotel needs updating. Garden & pool area was clean. Water was too cold though.
3 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Carlos
"Love the Hanalei Hotel"
We have been going to the Crown Plaza Hanalei Hotel for over 30 years, and we are always comfortable there. The room by the pool was especially great because our grandson was with us this time. The breakfast package was so convenient and the dining room is lovely. Free parking was a nice surprise. I love the tropical theme too.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Fran
"Nice, clean, close to everything"
Visited San Diego on the 4th of July weekend. The hotel said they were full as it appeared most of the hotels in SD were. When we got to our room it was on the bottom level facing the parking lot and apparently was a handicap assessable room with a shower in the middle of bathroom. No place to put shampoo, etc. and the bathroom was always wet as the shower was actually in the middle of the bathroom. When we went to the front desk to ask to be moved, we were told they were full and it was my fault as I asked for an assessable room when I booked. I had no reason to request for an assessable room and told the girl. She was unfazed, and unsympathetic to our situation. I feel that this hotel was putting guests wherever they could at check in. The next morning again I went to the front desk to complain about this room and the inconvenience of the constantly wet bathroom floor. This time a guy at the desk said he could move us but not until late in the day and would have our luggage moved for us. When we returned that evening we had not been moved, but this same guy quickly took care of it himself by moving our luggage for us and even made it better by giving us vouchers for a free breakfast in their restaurant.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Evonne
"Easy acess"
Easy to get to and from the hotel from any major attraction. The atmosphere was like being in Hawaii. Would stay here again!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Split review but I would be hesitant to book again"
The good news...the property is very pretty and the staff was amazing. Everyone (with 1 exception) was very friendly and personable. The location was very convenient. Only 5 minutes to Old Town, 10 minutes to downtown and 10 minutes to the beach. The bad news...First, the air conditioning did not work. It read 60 F but felt more like 75F. Luckily it was cool outside and keeping the window open made it bareable. Second, the bed linens were horrible! It felt like sleeping on paper. Third, and in my opinion the worst...there was a late afternoon/evening bellman that is a scam artist! The hotel offered shuttle rides to nearby atttractions and this guy tried to tell us that a trip downtown would be "a special trip" and said it would cost us $25. A taxi ride would have been cheaper. Gave us a bad feeling. He had a terrible effect on the rest of the staff.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Dana
"They could use a little update"
My bed was hard, creaky and old! Furniture is pealing. Can't use the HDMI port on TV - we travel with the "minnies" for my 23 month old granddaughter. If I can use the HDMI connector at a "real" resort I should be able to at a run down Crown Plaza.
Arlene
"Perfect location to everything."
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Pool and hot tub were very large. Had excellent seating arrangement by the pool area.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice hotel, very relaxing and peaceful atmosphere."
We stayed here after visiting Sea World on Saturday and we liked it so much we decided to extend our stay another night! The hotel has a unique atmosphere, it is very peaceful, the pool was nice and the restaurant was good too. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves.
"Nice Stay"
I was very satisfied with the Hotel and will stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Randy
"Comfortable stay"
The hotel is nice, comfortable and clean. I love the garden area with its waterfall and the pool area.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
V
"Don't stay in room 2014 next to laundry/maids"
A very noisy maid's cart woke us up at 7 am on a weekend morning - this was a lousy location, even though it was a complimentary hotels.com night. We weren't happy with the noise of that location. However, the staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Roland
"nice hotel close to beach"
parking spots are small. i own a truck and had to enter through drivers seat twice because cars were so close i couldnt open door. the pocket door latch fell off on the first day. room was very quiet and ac worked great. room service was fast and resonable
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
dg
"Close to Seaworld and San Diego Zoo"
The location was good,but they charge for the parking. The buffet breakfast was not good at all, the food was cold and the selection very poor, not what you expect of a Crowne Plaza Hotel. Overall the room was clean and the location was good, but I would not stay here again.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
Overall, wonderful stay. Previous reviews were correct, Wifi - terrible, parking space very small. Beds a little hard for us but no big deal. The staff was exceptional!!!!. Restaurants times for business was a little odd to us. We had a very nice view of the pool and a nice patio to enjoy it. Considering the amount of kids enjoying the pool the noise wasn't that bad. Surprisingly not much noise at all. We would stay there again. We were there 4 nights.
Grandmother
"Pretty waterfalls in hotel"
Pool towels were never replaced and out tub was clogged.
Jess
Great hotel. Spacious room. Hotel elevators do get congested in the mornings, making your wait a little long. Bed not very comfortable but would stay here again. Beautiful landscaping and features. Nice pool and family friendly atmosphere.
stephanie
"Quiet hotel close to freeway and restaurants"
Friendly staff and clean room. Not much of a view from our room. In room information not very helpful. No mention of spa. Had to call to confirm and find it.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
connie
"Excellent Service"
This hotel is not the newest on the circle but it is very well kept . The customer service at the front desk when I arrived on Monday night was amazing along with the room service team . I especially loved that house keeping wasn't knocking on my door before 9 am like they do at other hotels.
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
CJ
Our stay there was okay. Not bad but probably wouldn't stay there again. It looks really nice from the freeway and the street but not so up to date once your in the Hotel and rooms. Rooms had a mildew smell and Hotel needs some renovations. Location is great and staff was friendly.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
Sergio
"Not a 3 1/2 star hotel"
Well it did not start off well. Its automated parking only, no valet. The bell desk was useless since there was no one there at our arrival. When there was someone there at checkout, it took 30 minutes for someone to come to our room to help with baggage. A/C only blew on very low speed. So even with the a/c as cold as it would go, it still did not cool the room down. The hot tub was down for 2 of the 3 days we were there. Beds were old and firm. Hotel seemed dated but fairly well maintained. Do not recommend it for the price.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
Joey Broz
"relaxing at Hanalei"
I had a very relaxing time. Everyone were very friendly. The fullbody message was awesome. I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in Old Town San Diego.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Deanna
"Very nice all around Hawaiian Island Decor."
This is our fourth stay at this hotel. We were lucky to have our first experience of the tropical theme when we attended our first ever military F-8 Crusader Ball get together being held there. I spent more time just walking around and looking at the South Pacific settings. We made it a point to go and stay there, bringing our camera this time. This was our inspiration for our theme in our back yard. We built a Beauty! Lava rock pool and spa with a waterfall. Next came the Koi Pond and waterfall. Then came a real beach sand beach with a walk-in to the shallow end. No steps. Wow! What a party place. Our third stay was when we attended a wedding anniversary for a friend. This stay was again to attend another annual F-8 Crusader Ball being held at another hotel. I enjoy this hotel. Period.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Henry
"Staff was excellent!"
Stayed 4 nights, staff was excellent! We had 8 people, 4 rooms, and everyone said hiw nice the staff was. Hotel restaurant was a bit pricey with limited menu, we only ate there once. Jacuzzi closed for maintenance our last day which was not good. Otherwise pleasant stay.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Just stayed one night. The staff was friendly and the room was great. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Lyssa
"Close to everything in San Diego!"
Stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed the experience! The room was very comfortable, and we opened up the outside doors both nights just to enjoy the wonderful breeze. The rooms were nice and quiet, and the staff is really great! Definitely will be staying with you again!
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Erik
"Been going there every year for many years"
The Crown Plaza is our main go-to hotel when we visit San Diego. It is close to Balboa Park (the Zoo) and Sea World. The Islands Restaurant have excellent food at a moderate price. The housekeeping and maintenance staff are helpful and friendly. Overall, a great place to stay!
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Lon Peterson
"San Diego Crew Classic"
Hotel staff professional and helpful. Great location too! Minutes drive to Old Town and Mission Bay Park.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was good. Is an older hotel however. Did have to pay for parking and no continental breakfast. Easy to get to beach, colleges and airport however which made this a plus
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"Scenic Balcony View"
Great balcony view. It was a little chilly when I went so I didn't get to enjoy it as much, but the sunrise over the courtyard and swimming pool was beautiful. Accommodating to SfN conference shuttles and guests.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
JL
over all is good but the bed is little hard and not as soft as hilton or hamton
2 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"without a doubt going back!!!"
We loved this place... pet friendly... easy drive to where we needed to go.. rooms were clean.. pool was warm.. :) we are going back for sure..
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
karina
"Nice hotel, good location and friendly staff"
We stayed for one night and it was pretty nice. I did like that there was no parking structure, the parking was gated and secured with room key. We actually got free parking by joining their free rewards program which was nice. They did have shuttle service to old town running till 9pm. We didn't take advantage of it, but it was nice to know that we could have. The pool and spa looked nice, but weren't there long enough to use it. The room was nice, It was clean, but a little dated compared to Doubletree, which had stayed at before. For a 3 star hotel, it was nice but not really wow factor on the room. The courtyard area was nice, kind of a tropical theme and had some nice scenery to look at. Beds were comfortable, a little more springy ( bouncy than i'm used to ) but still nice and the pillows were comfortable. We had a nice balcony. There is a sushi bar downstairs and lounge too. Overall, for the price (about $150) and the fact we didn't get charged parking like all other places, it was nice. Check in wasn't until 4pm and check out is at 12. It would have been nice to have an earlier check in time, but other than that no real complaints.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Andrea
"convenient to all we wanted to do, staff superb"
the hotel staff went out of their way to be accommodating, whether it was special service by the pool, or staff simply showing us our way around. the shuttle service was excellent as well.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Very friendly and efficient staff. Great location. Just wished the beds were more comfortable - matresses were hard and the sheets were rough.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Terrie M
"Would not stay here again"
dumpy hotel- would never stay here again. room was not clean and the decor was like Trader Vic's 20 years ago.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Deborah
"Nice hotel with lots of character."
This hotel was a suggestion from shipmates who had attended several reunions at this Crown Plaza in previous years. The location is convenient to the airport and many attractions in the San Diego area. We were pleased with the facility, the staff, and our room, along with the rate we got through Expedia by combining the flight, hotel, and car rental.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"close to all atractions"
wonderfull
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2014
victor
"Good hotel conveniently placed"
Loved San diego and the hotel gives you a good location for all that it has to offer.Receptionists were very friendly as were the bell hops who organised.Courtesy buses where they could do (even to the liquer store!!!). Room very tidy and well appointed.Only thing that let down hotel was the bar area was being refurbed but that didn't affect our stay.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Andy
"Renovation badly needed"
For the price, I expected a much cleaner and more up to date property. Overall it was dated, run down and not the quality I expected for a Crowne Plaza. There was construction going on in the bar/restaurant area so the bar was crammed into the casual dining restaurant area. Limited supply of liquors led to frustration for me and the other guests as they, more often than not, did not have the liquor or ingredients for the requested cocktail. Selection of beer and wines were VERY limited. The rooms were dated and worn. The meeting rooms were adequate but again, were not what I expected for the price charged. Coffee service in the meeting rooms was unreliable and not very good quality.On the other hand, the towels were nice and the maids did a good job cleaning and making the rooms look as nice as possible.
4 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
"Very nice staff"
Spent 5 days at the hotel. The staff was very nice and accommodating. They made sure my hotel had a fridge and microwave even though it wasn't originally in the price of the room. They also gave me complimentary wifi for the week.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014