All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
2270 Hotel Cir N, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary amenities
    Bad breakfast
    Poor vibe
"Nice Hotel for Fashion Valley-SDSU Visit !!"
Nice hotel and good value for the money. Tiny workout room - 2 treadmills which were always in use. Definitely not a deal-breaker.Terrific location. Literally 5 mins. from Fashion Valley and less than 15 mins. from SDSU. Two seconds from freeway entrance/exit. Very safe location and safe parking lot (woman travelling alone). Room was nice and large, totally neat and clean. Extremely nice housekeeping staff ! Sheets were a little stiff and the mattress was a bit hard. You know those hotels with the super-soft pillow top beds with soft, cozy sheets you just cuddle into? It's not that. But the bed was clean, sheets crisp (just felt a bit stiff and crackled almost sounding plasticky)! Cannot comment on restaurants, as I didn't eat at the hotel.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
L
"Crowne Plaza Hanalei San Diego - Mission Valley"
For the price that I paid ($160), I'd expect better room and vanity. The room was really just okay, but probably not $160 okay.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Dressed up motel"
I always reviews the reviews before booking and was up in the air about this place. We travel to SD often. My room was clean, but it was clear the staff never checked the balcony in the room. Old coffee cups, cigarettes butts (mom smoking room)!were on the balcony. Staff was nice. Did not feel like a hotel, has the appearance and feel of a motel.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
dad if three
"Nice - close to the zoo hotel"
We picked this one because of the location, it's close too the zoo and downtown area San Diego. 1st impression is it seems like your at a cheesy Hawaiian hotel. Very pretty, waterfall in side etc. the room was outdated but nice. Check it was fast and the hotel staff was very couteous. I would stay again.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Angie
"Meh."
I'm just going to keep it real. I was disappointed in my stay. I was there for only one night, but I couldn't wait to check out. The room was clean, so if that is all you need, it's a fine place. I did find it ridiculous, however, that paying hotel guests need to pay for their parking, as well as $9.95 for wifi. I understand that paying for parking is frequent in this area, however I do know of another hotel in the area where both of these are free for guests. As far as comfort in the room, the beds were springy and uncomfortable for my taste.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Expedia Rooms Aren't as Nice"
I'm sure this hotel is nice but only if you don't book with Expedia. The old, run down section seems to be for those who don't book with the hotel. Don't let the pictures fool you. The Islands restaurant and extra money paid for the breakfast was a waste of time. I have had better breakfast in a school cafeteria or McDonalds. The buffet was terrible. The rooms were truly small and the bathroom did not even have a counter. The smell was old and musty. I have never been more disappointed with a hotel. I would have paid triple to assure a clean room. The pictures of this hotel are very misleading and I would never recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Overall pretty good!"
The only issue I had was the bedding! It was the most uncomfortable "blanket" and sheets I have ever slept with! Other than that the stay was great! I will stay there again but take my own blanket!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
It was alright. Nothing really special. A good enough place to stay.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great hotel to mix business trip with some tourism"
The location of this hotel is great, close to a lot of shopping and dining and adjacent to the Interstates and business districts. The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed and 'tropical', the restaurants are solid and the pool area is really nice. Rooms are spacious and clean, hotel staff is very friendly. Highly recommended.
Kenneth
"Excellent Hotel"
It is good hotel for either business and leisure. I would like to recommend others who want to come to San Diego area.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great hotel in outdoor tropical atmosphere."
Great experience. Wonderful tropical ambiance in a convenient location close to all shopping and dining. Only 10 minutes from Downtown and 10 minutes from beaches. Solid gym, outstanding breakfast buffet and nice sushi bar.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Kenneth
Everything was fine,they even let me use a microwave and small frige for free, but you have to pay to park, $12.00 a day and the bed and pillows where worn out. You could lay your head on three pillows ,stacked up and your head would sink to the mattress,like that are filled with air. Over all the hotel is nice looking,they spend a lot of time and money keeping the outside looking Like your in Hawaii.I think they need to buy some new beds and mostly PILLOWS. I think I would Come back ,but I would bring my own pillows.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"It was just above average but not spectacular"
The beds were standard hotel beds mildly comfortable. The room needs updating. The shower was good and powerful. High flow!! However, the shower drain didn't drain fast enough and the tub filled up. The staff was the highlight. They were awesome.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"Older hotel chain but nice"
Crown Plaza was nice close to all the attractions. Didn't like the sheets. To crispy wasn't soft. I would stay and recommend again.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Older hotel with newly updated rooms"
Nice rooms, we were on the 5th floor with a rear view of the golf course.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Good location, easy to get to everywhere"
Beautiful view overlooking golf course - 6th floor.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"old"
Hotel room was outdated and the room had a strong musty smell.Will find another hotel when traveling to san diego.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
davidson
Had an old tropical feel. Did not like that you could hear opening/closing of doors, showers, and cabinets in the rooms next to us.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Disappointing Stay"
For Valentines Day, I had booked my hotel to be a King sized room. When I arrived, I was informed that my room was given away and instead I had no choice but to take a room with 2 Queen sized beds, on the first floor, on the highway side of the hotel. This was off to a terrible start. They comp'd my parking, but quite frankly that doesn't make up for the fact that I wasn't getting what I booked. The bedroom, while advertised on their website to look up to date and modern, was very old and out dated. The sheets felt like plastic and the pillows simply were not comfortable. Super disappointing as this was for Valentines weekend. We were from out of town just wanting a cute place to stay while visiting San Diego, and by the end of our stay I could not wait to get back into my own bed at home.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Great hotel. Nice, clean, great location. A little upset to book a hotel on expedia's hidden hotel and then be hit with hidden fees from the hotel such as parking. Expedia should be up front with the fees before you have paid and told what hotel you are staying at and additional fees you have no control over. Also no air conditioning so we slept hot every night. Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was nice and helpful. Didn't like the fact it was advertised free shuttles to the zoo, sea world and old time but there was only 1 time you were able to catch that shuttle.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice Hotel, great location!!!"
It was a great weekend experience, very good amenities, excellent dinner; just some noises inside the hotel by water system.
Gerard
"Beautiful hotel"
Very nice staff and accommodations. Would stay here again.
"Great staff!"
Everyone was so nice and helpful. One guy in particular was super nice, I think his name was Tony.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Janey
"san diego"
Very nice grounds. The property is a bit older but very clean and comfortable. I felt like I was in Hawaii. Good breakfast and sushi bar. A bit of traffic noise, since it is just off the freeway...but in the room it was not noticeable.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Nice hotel, although it is a bit far from Town & Country convention center. The shuttle, however, can compensate that.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"I'd pass on this one"
Room needs updating. Wardrobe closet hinges were broken so closet light was on all night. Room fan couldn't be turned off and made noise all night. Did not get a goodnight sleep. The grounds were very nice and it is centrally located, but I'd pass on stating here again.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
"cold"
Hotel was freezing cold in common areas.
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Collette
"very disappointed"
Heater did not work, blankets on bed were flimsy,thin, and rough. Rooms need upgrades badly.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Dechelle
Was easy to find. Pleasant atmosphere, comfortable rooms.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Vivienne
"Central location close to the event we went to"
Manager Daniel did a nice of working with us on Expedia snafu for second night. Great job..
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Quick stay, but it was nice."
Arrived late after Holiday Bowl and restaurant visit, but staff very courteous and helpful upon our arrival. The area in t he middle of the hotel looked very appealing, with all of the trees & seating areas. Staff knew we were tired & were wanting to get to bed. They were very helpful in providing directions & instruction in order for us to accomplish that.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Russ
"Great experience!"
Being from Hawaii I found it kinda funny to be staying in a hotel with a Hawaiian theme, other than that I had a wonderful experience with the accommodations and the professional and friendly staff. Definitely would stay there again I ever I'm in San Diego again.
6 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Jaymes
Nice hotel. Tropical feel with water features, pools, grass area. Good Sushi bar and bar with TV's on site. Coffee shop. Close to restaurants shopping.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Wonderful and helpful staff. The sushi bar was great.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Enjoyed"
All was well, except the bed was not as comfortable as I was expecting
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Yolanda
"Business Trip from Los Angeles to san Diego"
We stayed at the crowne plaza for 2 nights, our room was 1108 it was located at the far back end of the hotel near the waterfall. The first night we noticed lots of mosquitos flying around our bed , but we were so exhausted after a very long day at the expo that we slept throught it, next morning 5am in the bathroom there was Little baby spiders running around under the sink, i freaked and left the bathroom & got ready in the mirror in the hallway .. Got home at 11pm from the expo and there was a dead adult black spider on my pillow , a live spider on the lamp next the bed .. We cleaned up , killed the other one up and fell asleep... To be awaken by a big black spider crawling on my arm , my husband killed it and we look up on the ceiling and theres mosquitos everywhere! It was homestly my worst hotel experience ever! I would never go to a crowne plaza hotel again nor would i recomend it. And my businness partners in room 1106 had the same problem as us.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
susie juray 33
"plaza"
Nice hotel kids loved the scenery and the pool close to all attractions
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
edward
"Nice Looking, But Glitchy Service and Maintenance"
We enjoyed the lush courtyard and garden, but several minor things detracted from our stay. First, we were directed by the person who checked us in to the back entrannce, but she neglected to mention it is blocked off by metal poles. We had to get out of the car and pull the poles; only after we got inside was the "real" entrance apparent. Second, a broken switch meant the closet light was on all night. And third, our first floor courtyard location meant we were disturbed by late arriving guests, service carts, and early-arriving employees. The room was comfortable, but had no chair for the desk. Location was good for both Mission Bay and Pacific Beach.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"baseball tournament"
Room was nice but had no refrigerator or microwave. Got a big surprise when a hotel parking fee was added to our stay.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
William Greene
Very dated rooms. Had a musty smell. Felt more like a motel having people with roller bags going by at all hours. Uncomfortable bed. No remote for tv. Very disappointed as Crown Plaza's are typically more upscale. Couldn't wait to get up and leave.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Thank You"
Very friendly staff. Thank you guys. You just need more channels on your t.v.'s to watch more than just several selected channels.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Better be prepared to pay more"
The food was expensive, and there were additional charges for parking and internet. This even though the room rate was pretty high.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
I booked this trip to relax and spend pool time with my grand kids. They pool is supposed to be heated, it was freezing! Also there tropical grounds were not what I expected, they were between the buildings and very dark. The Koi pond has a total of two very small koi.
3 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
"Great value! Nice pool and jacuzzi!"
Hotel is a bit dated but still very nice. I enjoyed the Hawaiian theme and waterfalls. The pool and jacuzzi were great. Bar and restaurants on site. Will definitely be back.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Ok for a quick weekend"
Good place to stay if all you want to do is sleep and spend your nights there. I spent all day around San Diego and relaxed at the hotel at night very peaceful. Great military discount.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Mando
"Not a 3.7 rating hotel..."
Wifi didn't work in room... Also the sheets were like PLASTIC. Could've stayed somewhere better for sure!
5 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"Friendly, great service, good hotel"
All around, this was a good hotel that exceeded expectations, specifically so with the professionalism and courtesy of the staff. I arrived early, and they were able to accommodate me immediately. The location is right next to everything - so you can take a car to PB, Gaslight, Seaworld, all for <$15. This is good place for families. The pool area is quiet and nice. The quality of the room service food was great, and far exceeded expectations, and the price was high/fair vs. high/exorbitant. While the hotel itself is older, it is clear that it is being actively maintained/upgraded as needed. I would stay here again if I was in the area (and there are a slew of choices in a few mile radius).
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Aaron
The hotel was nice and the staff were pleasant. The hotel itself is a little outdated. It was centrally located close to Old Town, Sea World & Mission Beach.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Very pleasant two day stay."
The staff was very friendly and eager to please, Room was delightful, decent sized balcony overlooking the pool and greenery. It had a comfortable bed, but no refrigerator or microwave. Room service was quite decent, not outrageously priced and quick. We had a very pleasant stay, and will recommend it to friends.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
Nice but naughty
Hotel is not clean well , the stuff is good and freindly but the hotel is too old
Other trip Sep 5, 2014