All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
2528 Broadway, New York, NY, 10025, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel OK - WiFi a disater"
All was good except a WiFi service worse than most third world countries I have visited lately. Not free, which I do not care about, but service, speed and reliability made impossible to do sustained work. Many times I had to use signal from Starbucks across the street. Moved to another Hotel nearby where I got x20 times speed, free service and great coverage.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Frankarl
"Great budget hotel"
Great budget hotel. Good location. Very clean. Three restaurants and self parking downstairs. 24 hours McDonalds and Starbucks across the street.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Eugene
It was a very inexpensive hotel, so good for a brief stay. Small accomodations, but very clean. Old radiator heat that took a long time to kick in (both room heat and heat for hot water). No restaurant in the hotel, but several nearby.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"A great hotel not to be missed"
staff was very friendly and helpful. My first room could not get Internet reception, and they immediately put me in a different room, no questions asked. My only complaint about the hotel, as one not from New York, was the steam heat. Hard to regulate, which made my room warmer than I would have liked. Other than that, it is a great hotel, and I will be staying there again.
3 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
Reed
"Highly recommendex"
Excellent experience,especially for the price.
3 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Helpful staff, near mass transit, functioning elevator and nice rooms. Not much more to ask for.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
A
"Nice place to lay your head"
I love Hotel Newton--it's a solid hotel with a good location.
Response by Hotel Newton
Thank you for your review and we look to see you again!
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Sylvia
"No heat"
Everything was great just the fact that there was no heatin the room
1 night trip Feb 25, 2015
Corey
"The Overnight Stay"
I needed a place to stay in the city while some work was being done on my apartment. It was just an overnight stay, but it was clean and comfortable. I rested well and was even able to get some work done because it was nice and quiet.
1 night trip Feb 9, 2015
"Nice clean hotel with great location."
I got an upgrade to a room with a queen bed and its own bathroom, and a coffee maker, microwave, fridge, etc. It was great! Front desk staff Landry was very helpful.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Highly recommend it"
Great place. Good people. Close to everything.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Nelly
"Perfect for the price"
Great location and great value
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Cozy and inexpensive for NY. Will return for sure."
This was quite a gem for the price, one that I found quickly the day I needed to come to New York because of an impending snowstorm the following day. The staff was very professional, friendly, and helpful. The room was small but attractive and cozy. The bathroom/bathtub/shower was terrific and brightly lit. The only downside was it was extremely hot, but I was encouraged to use the AC if needed, which is what I did.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
ann c.
"Away from hustle, but easy access to subway"
Love the location which is away from the tourist hustle, but still easy access to subways and short trip to many locations. Great restaurants, food markets, laundry mat, and drugstores within easy walking distance from hotel. Makes you feel like you are living in NYC and still allows for easy trips to the iconic tourist attractions. Very reasonably price,especially when booked well in advance. The smaller rooms can seem crowded, but that only encourages you to get out of the room and experience wonder of the great Manhattan Island. We have stayed in the larger suites in the past with kitchens and separate bedroom which really feels like living in NYC, but they are harder to come by and more expensive. There is just one small elevator available to guest, and that becomes inconvenient when you are above the 4th floor and people are trying to bring suitcases down for checkout. Overall, this is a great hotel.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Anthony
"Could be better"
Good location for subway connection and good local cafe and ice cream store very close. On the negative side there was no thermostat in room and without heat turned on it was too hot. We either had to open a window (30 outside) or turn on a/c. Toilet was very noisy and ran for a long time. Took a long time to get hot water (8thfloor)
4 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
terry
"wonderful but warm"
everything about the hotel was great, location, cleanliness, and the staff. I have two things that I would address. one the room was hot, had to use the a/c to cool it down. the other was when I made the reservation I was told that for free I could have a rollaway bed for my 5 year old grand daughter, it cost me 28.00. all in all I would stay again.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Close location to where we needed to be. Everyone very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great neighborhood & staff, no free wifi"
The staff was pleasant and helpful. I had a problem with my internet access in my room, and the external tech support wasn't particularly efficient or effective, but the second I asked hotel staff they made sure that I was moved to another (better) room where I could get online and get my work done. In summary: Not thrilled about the pay-per-day wifi, since it's free everywhere else these days, but extremely happy with the professionalism and service from hotel staff.
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Joyce
"retired"
The room was a little small but so cozy. There is no control tempature for heating which was a little too hot. Overall I enjoyed staying.
1 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
Melvin
"A GEM RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER - WHO KNEW?"
Needed a place during my apartment renovation. This is right around the corner from me. My neighbors say their friends use Newton all the time when they visit the City. The price (lower thru Expedia-type brokers than through front desk) was very reasonable. It's a clean, friendly and nicely appointed hotel. Clearly caters to foreign travelers and young people who are looking to lower costs in NYC without sacrificing quality or comfort.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Vickie
"Very clean room, great location!"
This was my second stay here. The rooms are very clean, they have a microwave, small ref., iron and board, radio, flat screen TV. They are right next door to a great diner that serves an early breakfast and a variety of great foods. The 96th subway station is right across the street so it is east to get downtown as you are on the upper west side. Easy from Grand Central station. Just take the subway shuttle to 42st and then go directly to the 96th street stop. Note the room is small but fine for sleeping. Please note, some rooms have a shared bathroom and some have private bath. Make sure you know what room you are booking. Also you can not control the heat in the room and it does get warm. We had to open the window a little to get some cool air in the room even though it was 18 outside. That really was not an issue. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
JRN
"Great Neighborhood, Awful Customer Service."
The hotel is situated in a good neighborhood on the upper west side of Manhattan. Although, their customer service is awful. The hotel room is very old looking and the carpets need to be replaced. The room only has shampoo and lotion available for guest. I recommend packing your own conditioner and tooth brush because they don't offer those two essential items. Beware of the shared room option, its not a smart idea to share a bathroom with strangers in nyc. The idea of sharing a bathroom, where I have to shower does not grant privacy.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Brenda
"A Very Nice Room"
It was a great stay. We enjoyed staying at the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Harry
"hotel Newton"
Nice place
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Kerst
"Safe pick in NYC"
Stayed in a junior suite for a one night family stay. Newton is a safe and Convenient pick to stay in NYC. There is a great diner next door, Pharmacy on the corner and the Subway stop is across the street to get you into midtown quickly. Its also an express stop for even faster travel. Parking around the corner isn't outrageous and you are a couple blocks from Central Park to get outside for a bit. The Hotel was clean and friendly, no issues at all if you want an easy stay just a few minutes out of the bustle/traffic of midtown.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"wonderful stay"
Wonderful stay in New York City.
5 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
sherry
"Cramped, smelly room."
The lobby was encouragingly clean and nice, and the staff was friendly and responsive. Then we got to our tiny, overheated room that smelled so strongly of not-so-clean humans with a touch of mildew that I raced to the windows and threw them open. Kept them open all night. I am not sure what you do to have a room smelling that bad. Never steam-clean the carpet? On the upside, as we'd overheard another guest complain, it was extremely overheated so it was perfectly comfortable keeping the windows open all night in late December. I guess you need to spend a lot more for a decent hotel room in NYC.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Louise
"Budget Friendly Accommodations"
This hotel is in a good neighborhood only two blocks to central park. The neighborhood is very safe and has many good food establishments with reasonable prices. The subway is at the doorstep. We had an excellent nights sleep.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
marilyn 70 year
"UWS, NYC Trip."
This was a business trip. Rooms are small but very well kept and clean. Bed was comfortable. There is no restaurant on premise but there is the Manhattan Diner right next door, which like all good NY Diners has a great menu. Subway and bus stop are one and two blocks away from the hotel. Good value for NYC.
6 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Fidel
"Awesome Hotel"
Stayed for a week with in a group of 3 friends in a junior suite, which was very clean, quiet and well equipped. The hotel is 2 blocks from Central Park. The express subway stop is right outside the front door. There are restaurants and bars nearby.
7 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014
"Newton"
We stayed in a junior suite which had plenty of room. The room was newly renovated and clean. The desk staff was courteous and helpful. Parking was a problem because the lot was full and we had to park at a more expensive lot on 97th and Columbus.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"No bathroom or shower in the room but...."
Shower and bathroom down the hall was clean. Room was very very hot...no air flow. I slept with the window wide open all night.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Lee
"Good value on Upper West Side"
Very convenient location by 96th street subway. Room was very clean and spacious. Attracted nice clientele. While hotel offers no food, good diner next door, Starbucks across the street and several other options within easy walking distance.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Sad Experience"
I was so upset there were no bathrooms in room, we had to shower and use a bathroom down the hall, it didn't say on website or in your description anything about having to share the bsthroom
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Tiffany
"Nice stay, but no apparent heat control"
Room was spacious for NY. Area is very quiet. Shower was great. Plugs inconveniently located. Room was too hot (December). Couldn't find a way to adjust, so cracked a window.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Always enjoy returning"
Hotel Newton is our go-to hotel in NYC when we visit our Barnard College daughter. We love its convenience to the Subway, proximity to Columbia, and overall charm. Definitely recommend this fine local boutique hotel to travelers.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"A pleasant hotel"
I arrived with my husband and 2 granddaughters to find a very spacious room that met all our needs. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. I loved the location since it 1/2 block from the subway. There are lots of nice restaurants in the neighborhood.
2 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
donna
"OK, nothing more, nothing less."
Hotel was nice by look, a little dirty on the floors and dust in our room. The heater was on all the time which made it almost like a sauna, difficult to sleep. TV worked with all its channels. Nice fridge and microwave in the room. I feel tricked by the room description, there was no restroom in the room we got.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Jørn-Andre
I was visiting NYC for Thanksgiving weekend. This is the second year I chose Hotel Newton. The rates are reasonable, it is located within one block of the subway, the staff is always helpful, and the rooms are clean. This is perfect for a weekend in the city.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Very pleasant staff. We love the location, right on the subway, with our own family on the Upper West Side a few blocks away,
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"I'd stay again!"
The staff was absolutely amazing; warm, friendly and authentic.
5 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
"Excellent for Upper West Side NY"
The Hotel Newton, in the early 20th c. a full building, now has one small entrance on Broadway just below the 9th St. subway station. Our room (don't know about the whole hotel) looked freshly renovated, with good lighting, though not large room or bath. It was very clean and quiet, good mattresses on 2 double beds with refrig/TV/ coffeemaker. Wifi available for $4.95/day. Two doors up is the Manhattan Diner, excellent and locally popular for breakfast/brunch. Reasonably priced for a Manhattan hotel.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
JudeObsc
"Great affordable hotel"
This hotel is great and awesome prices. The bathroom being down the hall wasn't even a problem for us and it was always clean. This is all around a great option to stay in your budget while in New York
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Betty
"we will comeback"
The hotel service was good, the people try to help all time
4 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
Edi Alfredo
"DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!"
Rooms are with share bathroom, beside the fact the room is so small you have to outside to change your mind. pay a little e extra and avoid this dump.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Central location, convenient to transportation"
We have stayed at the Newton many, many times. We consider it "our place" in New York. The staff is amazing and the location is very convenient to everything. The rooms are small but nice, just what you would expect in Manhattan. We feel safe and cared for. We get our Metro pass and have easy access whether we are going to spend some time in Central Park or go downtown to the theater. Lots of good restaurants around too.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Liz
"Stay here if you want something just OK & cheap"
There's nothing terrible about this hotel, but there's nothing very good either. For heaven's sake, don't let anything fall behind the dresser, because then you have to move it, and years of m&ms, paperclips, pills and just plain filth will be disclosed. Yuck! It's all just worn out. But there's a store next door, which is convenient, and the people are nice, the sheets are clean and there is a coffeemaker. And I would recommend it to a nonfussy male friend.
MG
"Good location on Broadway"
Attractive small hotel in good location on Broadway in Upper Manhattan, right next to subway and close to Central Park. Residential neighbourhood with good facilities. Manhattan Diner next door provided great meals at good prices. Newton Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Room comfortable, clean and fresh. Although we used a shared bathroom, it was beautifullly tiled and well equipped even though small. Would certainly stay again.
Rogann
"Good find"
The room was very hot and we couldn't figure out how to turn off the heat, but the hotel staff came right away to help us. Even so, I had to run the air conditioner to get comfortable. Overall, a great stay. Room was very clean and comfortable (aside from the problem with the heat). Well located on the Upper West Side. Would definitely go back.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
nancy
Particularly friendly and helpful staff. My wife and l have stayed several times and will continue to do so.
frank