All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
956 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wonderful hotel in a perfect location"
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Astor. This is a wonderful, well kept and modernized boutique hotel. Service was superior. Recommend relaxing in the outdoor lounge.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
Brent & Karin
"Night out"
We booked the suit. Nice room. Needs to be cleaned better. Hair in the tub. I had to clean it before I could sit in it. In the morning there was no hot water. Front desk wasn't much help.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"Not a bad hotel for the price."
I enjoyed it, we didn't have hot water, a few issues like that but the staff handled it. We also had a huge crack in our mirror as well.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Jasmine
"Great boutique hotel near all the action"
The Astor is a sweet little hotel. Clean, quaint, and accessible to all the Southbeach action. It was great to be near the drive but not on it. We were able to park our car very inexpensively and conveniently on the street and walk to everything- literally! The staff was very courteous and helpful. We had a reservation glitch (my fault) and they were very helpful in sorting it out. I hear they are doing some major upgrades soon (many were underway) go now before the buzz hits and prices will definitely go up.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
"Two Nights @ Astor"
Shuttle service as advertised on website is misleading. I was waiting for over an hr for the shuttle and no show for the shuttle. I called the hotel directly and was informed they discontinued the service. I think they should inform the guest about the changes or remove the false ad from the web. Hotel staff was friendly. Room is ok. The bathroom water kept flowing non stop and can't turn it off. Over all experience is ok.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Mel
"nice hotel"
good experience. friendly and helpfull staff. good location
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"Excessive noise."
Good location two blocks from Ocean Drive. Room and bathroom were spacious, clean and had a contemporary styling. The staff was very professional and accommodating. My major complaint was noise. Could clearly hear footsteps in the hall, talking in the hall, room doors slamming, music playing and voices from outside the hotel. This occurred all during the night and early morning while trying to sleep. If it wasn't for the noise I would have rated the hotel a four or five.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Grant
Enjoyed our stay. The Hotel Astor doesn't have a lot of frills but it's clean, in a great location and has a cool bar, outdoor seating area. I recommend it.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2014
"Clean, in central location"
First floor parking lot view is a bummer, but that's always the case. Bathroom was super clean, bed very comfy!
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Allison
"Big disappointment"
Went there for New Year's Eve probably one of their busiest nights. Front was staffed by one person so we had to wait half an hour just to check in. Were given a room right by the elevator so it was super noisy. The room was fine, sparcely furnished but ok. The major problem was the shower there was a leak in the faucet not a drip it was non stop water like as if it was on the entire night. Checking out was a nightmare waited over 1 hour to get my car from the valet -- not even exaggerating. Paid over $400 for one night -- spent a total of 14 hours in the place and of course would never come again or recommend it.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
Dora
"A 3-man Review of Hotel Astor"
The location was stellar, in addition to the great history and surrounding culture what stood out most to us three (aged 24-27) guys was the staff at Hotel Astor. There was one employee in particular that was the greatest help to us. He explained how the parking worked, what places to visit, what to expect. My only regret was not tipping him exclusively at the end, we completely forgot, he was a younger guy, black hair and glasses. Made our stay great!
3 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2013
"clean well kept Art Deco"
Astor is well maintained Art Deco hotel 2 blocks from the beach and South Beack night life, also close to Lincoln Road shopping and tons of restaurants..The staff is very friendly and helpful in every way..We checked in midweek and even though it was 10 30 am we were given a room with up grade to a suite.. Ther rooms were well appointed and very clean. and all was well until we went to bed,,,the room overlooked Washington Ave. where horns honked, people (drunks) yelled and sang etc until about 4 am..sleep was impossible, then the city buses and trucks and construction nearby started..We had breakfast and left very groggy indeed...Suggest they install better windows to reduce the noise level at night ( windows were old aluminum style and did nothing to reduce the noise from outside.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
Rich
"clean, friendly good location"
Nothing to complain about. The hotel is rather old, but from the inside you couldn't tell. Everything is clean, rooms are nice, no louder noises during the night. The location is excellent for exploring south beach and the nightlife.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Not terrible but not great."
We chose this hotel for it's location and because it had a bar. When we arrived we found the bar is being renovated... And it looks as though it will be very cool when they finish it. The location is within walking distance of all the action but just enough off the beaten path to feel a little seedy. Parking is a problem. You can pay for valet or use the parking lot next door...if you can find a space! Meters in Miami Beach must be paid 7 days a week, including holidays! The room we had was clean and comfortable but the lighting is really dim and the deco wannabe decor is too cold and sparse. No pool. We would definitely look for a different spot next time.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
India
"Disappointing"
The hotel was in a great location but the rooms were a disappointment. My wife and I both could not take hot showers due to just cold water coming out. This occurred at night and first thing in the morning. Also had to let the water in the bathroom shower run all night due to the extremely loud noises coming out of the pipes.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
TWARD
"Nice Hotel, close to main streets"
No carpets on the room, clean room. No bed.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Nice hotel!!! Comfy beds! Close to everything!"
Great hotel for the price! Very accommodating hotel! Clean rooms and bed was comfy. Near all the bars and beach!
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Great Deal for the Money"
My stay at Hotel Astor was great! The price was reasonable and the location was great!
3 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Tracy A.
"Good location, poor quality"
The phone in the room never worked. Had to use my cell phone to call front desk. The safe broke with my valuables in it. Had to wait 45mins for repair. Room was located in the stairwell !!! The furniture was old and decrepit. In need of new closet. Bathroom looked like an airport bathroom.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"PERFECT"
Excellent value for money. An incredibly spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet establishment. Very colourful location with heaps of good restaurants. Great overnight location if you're catching a cruise or returning from one. Highly recommended.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Christine Wood
"Easy, Convenient and Efficient"
Our stay was a quick one and a nice one at that. The staff was very friendly and even upgraded our room for us. ALL parking in South Beach is a mess, so we knew what we were getting ourselves into. We parked in a nearby lot and paid $25.00 for about 36 hours of use. We would definitely consider the Hotel Astor again for our many visits to South Beach. Our only 2 complaints would be that the ironing board is very small so it made getting ready tedious, and the towels were a bit old and thin. Other than that, the hotel was very nice and we would consider it again in our travels.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
Marc
"Great Value and amenities close to the Beach"
The hotel was 2 blocks from the ocean drive and the beach on 10th street and washington prime location. The room we asked for was booked but no worries we got an upgrade to a 3 bed suite lol updated fixtures throughout each room has its own wifi connection so the wifi was awesome and when i thought i was giving a compliment to ridolfo and leslie about how pleased i was with the room they plan on doing another renovation from hardwoods, granite countertops, and deep soaker tub and a giant storage closet. I def will only stay with them from here on out for $200 a night in the heart south beach u can't beat that. The only complaint was the valet took forever to bring my car upon checkout almost 20 minutes.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Ron
"South Miami Beach boutique hotel convenient"
I had reserved two rooms and presumed they would be together. My sisters had checked in before me and were told that we would be in the next room on the second floor, however when we got there about a half hour later they had sold my reserved room and put us in a small room on the first floor. My reservation was for superior.When I first inquired they weren't willing to help make the change, but I was persistent and they did give us a superior room, very large , on the second floor. The valet service was excellent and reasonable. There should be a way with Expedia to make sure the two rooms being reserved are adjoining but there is no guarantee, they said.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Mary Ann
"Would not recommend it.. Waste of my money."
I booked room for two nights, only stayed one night.. waste of money... Front door of hotel didnt work, elevator was super dirty, radio inside room didnt work at all.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Lissa
"Great location, beautiful Deco lobby, GREAT staff!"
Great price, super close to the beach, Ocean Drive and all the fun, but far enough away to have a relaxing stay. Leslie at the Front Desk is the best; helpful, accomodating, and a great photographer to boot. The only reason I gave Hotel Astor a 4 rating and not a 5 is because they do not have a onsite restaurant or cafe; for breakfast we had to walk a block to their sister hotel and the food/service was way, way, way below par. Other than that, I would highly recommend this property in South Beach.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Sandra
"Excellent location close to the beach and quiet"
I love this hotel 1 clean and comfortable big marble bathrooms 2 Friendly staff 3 great atmosphere peaceful and quiet
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Ok at Best"
I had to call the front desk 4 times during my stay about not having hot water
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Nice clean spacious room"
The room was a very clean comfortable room. Nice lobby and nice patio area. Quiet and out off the main strip.
4 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2013
When I was here 15 years ago this hotel was posh and very sought after. I was unpleasantly surprised by the condition it is today. The wifi only worked in the lobby. The bed linens were soiled and old. There wasn't even a clock in the room. The safe was too small to keep anything safe. I won't return.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"Trip to Miami"
It is a good hotel if a little expensive. We only stayed 2 nights for a weekend and just for sleeping.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"good price five star worth"
Been to south marriot hotel south beach then we decided to do something lesser,we just loved astor instantly!so clean,smell fresh and hey dint know which we liked better cos we loveD everything about astor
2 night trip May 11, 2013
bukky
"Perfect location."
The location was in walking distance to everything. Collins Street, Ocean Blvd and of course the Ocean. The staff was great and being a EXPEDIA VIP member the check out late feature was great.
Other trip May 7, 2013
Abee
"Good time"
I stayed here one night and I had a early check in. Hotel was very accommodating . Room was big and clean and location was quiet. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.
1 night business trip May 4, 2013
Wendell
Room Not clean . Lights were not working in the room. When was adressed nothing was done about it.
2 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2013
A
"Not worth the money"
The hotel was not what was pictured. It was well kept and the bathroom was horrendous. I would not recommend it
Other trip May 2, 2013
Friendly staff and very accommodating. The internet was out and they adjusted the room amount which was nice. Thought the location was great. The bar and music one night was also great.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Stay away from this one!"
The was once a lovely Art Deco hotel but it has been neglected and is now run down with serious plumbing problems. Nice staff and cosmetic improvements (modern furniture, decorator touches ) cannot cover up the inconvenience of inadequate phone service, dim light bulbs in the rooms, cheap bedding, etc. Rooms on the first floor seem to be particularly depressing. I even got an upgrade to the biggest room in place since the ice machine that backed onto my wall was in the process of loudly dying and if turned off would flood. At midnight I had to pack up all my stuff and move quarters to this new room so I could sleep. It was certainly better than the room I had, but it was tacky and not much like the lovely photos on the Expedia websight that must have been taken just after the decorator left. The hotel's posted prices for my dates are way out of proportion to what they offered, and I was expecting more from the price I had to pay. I did get the upgrade and a price reduction after a lot of hassles, but I still cannot recommend this hotel at present. Its new owners have a lot of work to do!!!! The friends from Europe I was traveling with did not get any upgrade and they were very unhappy with this hotel.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
Deco Lover
"Was nice"
Location was perfect, clean rooms , Ac made a lot of noise , but was nice and cold . Staff friendly , valet service was slow( very) but ok
2 night trip Apr 13, 2013
Rich R
"Boutique hotel with large rooms"
Rooms are spacious enough to fit a family comfortably. Hotel is not situated on a busy corner. Hotel staff and manager are knowledgeable about the area and make great food recommendations. Good location
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
""Great location ...""
The location is great. Everything is walking distance; beach, bus stops, restaurants, Collins Ave, etc... As a family we were disheartened to learn that there was NO pool access at neighboring/sister hotel. Further, $32.00 valet parking fee was completely ridiculous, considering the $$ amount for our package per person. It would also be wise for your hotel to consider complimentary "breakfast". We were informed that the sister hotel to Astor, did offer it to their clients.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Esther
"Nice hotel close to the beach with a great view of"
Nice hotel close to the beach with a great view of
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
asddf
"Cute hotel"
Very cute hotel right in the center of south beach. Walking distance to beach and Lincoln rd. The hotel staff was very helpful-however they were actually employees of the chelse hotel next door, their sister hotel which I actually wih I would have stayed at. It was the same price but had a very nice patio with good music playing and a bar with hookahs and food available and it looked a lil more modern. But back to the Astor.. The hotel staff informed me they had some issues with staff at that location so the chelse employees were running it for now.the room I originally got looked at the back of a building - which I requested a switch to a room with a better view and they switched me with no problem and were very courteous in doing so. - my room was cute with a king bed hardwood floor a tiny flat screen, windows that opened and a completely remodeled bathroom. However if you plan on taking a hot shower let me warn you that will not be an option lol. I showered with only the hot water in full blast and it only got luck warm. They provide beach towels, bag check ins & airport shuttles.. I believe the chelse next door actually provides beach chairs though. - if your looking for a quiet cute affordable & clean get away destination this is a great option, I would recommend it and would have no problem staying again!!
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013
"No hot water"
Enjoyed the location and the beds were very comfortable. Only disappointment was no hot water at all, none in the evening and none in the morning.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
Anne
"PARKING WARNING"
They do not have hotel parking. Either use the Valet from the next door hotel that cost $32 a night or use the public lot across the street and have to pay a meter. The front door guy didn't show any signs of concern on what I was saying. His response was, "what you want me to do". So needless to say because of the holiday and the non-vacancy we stayed. But we stayed across the street as it was cheaper to pay the meter. Room was good and private, no noise but i did find a used towel under the bathroom sink and my room number was not even on the door, I had to guess..
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2013
Gina
"Could have been much better!"
Small boutique hotel. My son and his family and my wife and I each rented rooms for one night. The biggest problem, there was no hot water in either of our rooms for showers. In addition, my son had to change rooms because there was hair in the beds. When we left, they did offer us free breakfast as a result of our difficulties but we didn't have the time. The place could have been much better rated with some maintenance and tlc .
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2013
Stuboat
"Not Worth the Savings..."
We knew that this property was an older property in South Beach, so we were already prepared to adjust some of our expectations. We did not expect to have such a negative experience. The bathroom sink didn't drain properly, the wi-fi didn't work, as well as the room phone and the bathroom phone, clean towels were not readily available upon request, the list goes on. A lot of these things could have been overlooked with stellar customer service, but it was definitely one of the poorest showings of customer service we've ever had. From the very beginning, we did not feel welcome in this hotel. As a result, we will never stay in this hotel again. There are absolutely better options in South Beach.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
"Clean n comfortable"
Excellent location, very friendly staff. Good price. Not a high dollar 5 star hotel but clean, comfortable well maintained older hotel.
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
Mick
"Convenient location, great service!"
The location between the Miami Beach Convention Center and the beach made it very convenient and will defintely book for next year. The receptionist gave the very best service!!
3 night trip Mar 11, 2013
The room was large, the living room a little sparsely furnished and could have used a little more artwork. The only truly irritating issute was the Resort Fee of $15/day at check-in. Even it the pool was open, which it wasn't, the word resort should never come into play at this hotel.
3 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"Not Bad"
Hotel reception staff were lovely, especially Liza who was rushed off her feet but always polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and relatively modern, there was a strong smell of bleach in the room which was corrected with a bit of air freshner. Its noisy outside and you can hear people and traffic in your room at night, so not easy to sleep. If staying, ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Not a great view but at least it will be quieter. The hotel is old, so you can hear the lift at night as well as various pipes. Good location though, as in its far enough from the clubbing of Ocean Drive yet all within walking distance. Located at Washington and 10th.
Other trip Mar 7, 2013