All hotels in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here18401 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL, 33160, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
"Do Not stay even for free"
Dirty room, broken showers, roach in the cabinet. Book this hotel for 11 nights, on the first night I had to change my room 3 times!!!! Next morning checked out and got refund for the next 10 nights but not for the terrible night that I had. DON'T STAY THERE EVEN IF IT'S FOR FREE!!!!
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Ron
"Love location"
Very convenient for all occasions and rent car is right in a hotel
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Sidor
Hotel was very nice for a last minute reservation.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
"Hotel is located at the beach"
The rooms were cleaned everyday and it is a very convienient location. It sucks that you have to pay for the beach umbrella everyday and they dont provide enough for all tje guests. I don't understand what the resort fees are for if you cannot get an umbrella.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Al
"Great hotel next to nice clean beach"
Had a great time staying here for a week no complains clean, great staff n rite next to the beach
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Pretty good"
I like the hotel and location, the only thing I didnt like was that a lot of people that were not staying at the hotel were using the pool and they didnt do anything about it when I told them about this. You can never use the jacuzzi because of that. The hotel had really good deal for happy hour and the price is good for a hotel in front of the Ocean
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Not bad for passing through"
We stayed at the hotel prior to our cruise that would be leaving out on Sunday March 28th. The beaches were fantastic and the hotel was in a nice location. Now its not the BEST hotel but it was what we needed for two nights. I would stay there again if I was passing through but only for two nights. Overall it was not a bad hotel.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"the most hotest room"
the hotel is aceptable but the air condition was not working, then when we go to the lobby and explain, they send a man to check this he cant solved the problem, and then, in the lobby they were very ironics because there were thinking about that we wanted money or discount and was a complains
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2014
winardo
"Don't stay here - Staff are RUDE"
I'd have to say that this hotel has some of the rudest staff members. NOT HELPFUL AT ALL! They all had attitudes and weren't accomodating to their guests whatsoever. My biggest complaint, regarding this hotel are the fact that they had paper thin walls and tile hallways. EVERYTHING was noisey, we couldn't sleep AT ALL! Our room was also near the elevator which made the noise worse. All we heard all night long was rolling of suit cases and carts (from housekeeping) that sounded like thunder. IT WAS HORRIBLE! I cannot stress enough how horrific my experience was here. I have never stayed in a hotel where i was completely dissatisfied. PLEASE do not stay here. I still feel the price we paid for this hotel is not worth it. Stay somewhere else!
4 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Nice but not very clean."
Room was nice but wasn't clean, pool service was poor all old men. Good for a rest but don't rate what u pay for a room.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Right next to the beach doesn't get any better tha"
Great. Right beside the beach bar restaurant shows just an overall good expierience I would stay here again without a doubt
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"On the beach, convenient, but some issues"
Great location right on the beach. Great view from my balcony of the beach, palm trees and pool (my room faced the inner courtyard). Convenient ($10/day) parking right across the street and convenient Publix grocery store half a block away. Reasonably priced for being right on the beach. Unfortunately, also a lot of issues with the room. Paper thin walls meant being awakened early every morning by the screaming baby in the next room. Central air blew on both beds making it tough to sleep the first night - fixed this by diverting each individual grate to point towards the wall. Tub was worn so that enamel was gone in spots. Big hole in shower curtain. Loud partying/music every night in the interior courtyard until 2 am also made it hard to sleep. Overall, if you can tolerate or workaround all of the issues, it's a good place to stay for the location, views, convenience and price.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
rick
"helpful"
had problemsin the room.had problems with hot water.hadproblems with water in the kitchen.had problems with the pool door as it did not respond to a key.had problems with the internet.They only advised me in a letter which I did not open till the last day.the employees where very nice.
7 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Bernard Gitlow
"Only worth it if you are on a budget"
If you are on a budget, it is worth it, but the staff is rude, except for the front desk. The people on the pool made me get out of my chaise. You have to pay to be able to sit at the pool! Rooms are old and not very clean at all. The shower had a leak in the bathroom.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
The overall stay wasn't bad. We enjoyed the pool and beach. There are a lot of things within walking distance as well. I was not impressed by the room, it wasn't nearly as clean as I had hoped and the TV barely worked. If we had stayed more than one night in Sunny Isles, I would have complained about the cleanliness.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Mediocre"
If you're looking for a cheap hotel on the beach then this is the place for you! However, if you're young wanting to enjoy Miami party scene and south beach then you're far far far away frm that! The rooms are just Ok! The website said they had airport shuttle service but when we called to set it up we were told they did not but once we got there and needed a ride back to the airport they offered it for $52! Sunny Isles is far from everything but the Aventura Mall! This hotel seem like it was for the elderly crowd!
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
fallon
excellent
3 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
teresa
"Great beach views from rooms."
Clean rooms, great value for money. Employees friendly.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
Rita
"price, location cant beat it"
Went for 2days for a wedding. Perfect spot, good price, on location decent diner, tiki bar at pool and beach sand side. Beds were ok, rooms were ok, staff were very good. I had no problems and will stay there again. Everyone friendly. 3 miles to Spanish monastery and nx door to Trumps condos. Publix supermarket across street.
2 night trip Mar 2, 2014
al r
"2 star hotel in 3 or 4 star neighbourhood"
2 star hotel in 3-4 star neighbourhood. It is an older property that hasn't gone through any major renovation, meanwhile there are new highrises being built around it - Porsche is building a tower next door. It is good for an inexpensive family get away. A plus is it is on the beach. A minus is the noise from the bar is a little too late in the night. If you want a comfortable hotel room then spend the extra and look at other hotels in the area. If you want a basic room then this hotel will do.
3 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
Jr.
"Price low, on the beach, needs upgrading"
Price low, on the beach, needs upgrading. The area is very good in Sunny Isles (Miami area). Certain rooms are better than others in terms of upkeep and improved maintenance. The primary attraction to this hotel is the lower than average price for the excellent area, and the on the beach location. The front desk staff were generally good with some exception. Conveying a legitimate concern about a room condition was not well received at first.. The on site valet parking service was very good. The Wi Fi is good and provided at no charge. The pool and jacuzzi is well maintained. We would return here.
2 night family trip Feb 25, 2014
"Very bad hotel"
the attention very bad and desapire a bag from my room!!!!!
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Great location, but hotel very dated"
I have stayed in this hotel years ago, so I knew what I was getting into. It is not fancy at all, very old building that really shows its age. The only redeeming qualities it has is its great location and it is fairly cheap compared to the more modern luxury hotels. So, if you are on a tight budget, but want to stay on the beach its not a bad place. My only disappointment was being "upgraded" without my consent to a "larger room" (by maybe 10sq.ft.) but it was right by the noisy elevator shaft and it did not have a balcony which is the one thing I expect when I stay on the beach. They switched be to the room I requested on the second day, but we were only there for three nights, so it was very disappointing not to have the balcony to enjoy on the first evening and morning. I probably will spend more money to stay in a nicer place next time.
3 night trip Feb 27, 2014
Sun Seeker
"Great place to stay close to the beach"
Great location at a very affordable price considering it is right by the beach and in a very nice area (Aventura). I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in the Northern Miami area.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Globetrotter
"NEEDS MAJOR RENOVATIONS"
The beach was beautiful. However, the hotel hasn't been updated in decades! The air conditioner barely worked. The deck furniture was WORE OUT! Basically, the hotel needs to be shut down for a year and totally revamped. The front desh was staffed with one nice - helpful person. The other person was just a jerk!
3 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
VB
"They have a bad room"
Never agree to take the room 302! It has dirty-roof view and sealed windows. Although I paid for a room with a balcony they gave me this cage. I fought to change it all the evening but they told me there no rooms. Only next day I was able to change this room. Also self-parking is across a busy street - not a big deal but sometimes annoying.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Was very good experience , definely I back thkss
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2014
Miguel
"Room comfort"
It was not my first stay at this hotel. I like very muche the site, the beach and the set up. The beds are comfortable, the only thing is the insonorisation, every stay i have been disturbed by the noise. I understand it is an old building. For thsi only reason i cannot give a higher score.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Terrible"
Terrible, old, dirty and without air conditionning. Dont let anyone go there in this hôtel.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Solid place directly at the beach"
Guests have direct beach access and a pool. There is a gym, where some basic exercises can be performed. This is great for gym guys. Overall the place is clean and good for a short stay!
1 night trip Jan 30, 2014
Tony
"Wonderful location and great pool"
The hotel is located just by the beach with pretty quite surroundings. The hotel is great - except from the air condition, the room were very very cold and we could not change that. Other than that, a good experience
2 night trip Jan 29, 2014
"Nice clean hotel, very Close to The Beach"
The hotel is just 10 minutes from Aventura mall... We had a big room, microwave, refri, a nice comfortable king bed, hot water, a/c, pool, Beach access... All you need for a comfortable stay
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
Andrés
"Nice Hotel on the beach."
The hotel is located on the beach. There is self parking across the street or you can use the valet service. Nice little restaurant on the premises. Also there is entertainment in a supper club located in the hotel. Nice size heated pool and afternoon activities wit the entertainment director at pool side and overlooking the ocean. Overall a nice place to stay.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Abe
location to beach is great. Rooms need to be updated did not like $10.00 self parking should be free
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
joe
"Average room, wonderful staff!"
The lobby was rather nice, but once we got onto the third floor, it looked more like a hospital corridor than a hotel hallway. The rooms were outdated, basically clean but nothing to brag about. What I would recommend, however, was the hotel staff. They were most helpful with everything from easy check in/check out, the concierge was very patient and gave us great recommendations for things to do in the area, and our shuttle driver (free) made getting around very convenient. In addition, the hotel was right on the beach in a great location. There were jet ski rentals and kayak rentals right outside our door, bus transportation was right there, and it had everything we needed to make our stay perfect. All in all, if you're looking for luxury, this hotel is a far cry from it. But if you're looking for a decent place, in a great location, with helpful service, the Days Thunderbird is a good bet.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"disgusting place"
That is the worst hotel I've ever been to. It is just disgusting. Don't go there.
2 night trip Jan 23, 2014
Ivo
"Good place to sleep. Don't expect much out of it."
It's a great deal for the price, and if you expect many luxuries out of a hotel do not stay here. There is no breakfast(to my knowledge), bathrooms are small, and some rooms don't have working A/C, which wasn't a problem because while I couldn't control the AC it still ran throughout the building. The building is in need of renovation, but not to the point that it's a horrible place to stay. My buddies and I just needed a place to stay that was relatively close to Sun Life. The area's nice, as there are many things to do nearby. South Beach is a twenty to thirty minute straight drive from here. I had a balcony and a great view of the ocean, but my other compatriots didn't. I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2013
Matthias
"Thinking it twice"
I didn't enjoy the days in this hotel because of the condictions or mantenance of the hotel . The cleanning the room , sometime they forget to clean the bathroom or to put the bag for the garbage, to put coffee and the air conditioner was old. The pool woowww the water was very cold there is no heated pool , we couldn´'t enjoy it. The location of the hotel is convenient y and the neighborhood and the bus stop,
8 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Carmen 1257
"Nice hotel."
I liked it very much and want to back again.Only one was upset me- it wasn't a microwave in my room.
None
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"The hotel's beach is close"
the cleanliness of the rooms never make or break them bed rooms have no air conditioning repair is always a pool round the staff working for the hotel that are keeping the pool clean treat you like they feel like no there is a good attention
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
charlee
"great location, ocean front hotel + big pool"
we had a great time.
Response by Days Hotel Thunderbird
Hi Jony911, We are so glad you had a great time and hope that you will visit us again...
3 night family trip Oct 8, 2013
Jony911
"Steer clear of this one"
Worst beds guarantee you will not sleep, like an abandoned hospital.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Sunny Isles"
I will go again. Convenient location. Easy access.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Horrible hotel!!"
We were not pleased with this hotel at all. Checking in was very slow, only one person working. The hotel had such thin walls that we couldn't sleep due to the noise. Towels for the pool or beach were 2 towels per room , regardless of how many people in the room. The pool was dirty with sand in it. The first night we arrived we thought that they were going to clean the pool for the following day, the next morning the pool was never cleaned. We just went to the beach and not the pool. I have traveled a lot and been in many hotels, trust me when I say that is not worth spending your money in his hotel.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Miny
"Close to beach"
I will stay again due to my budget is the best my budget can buy
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Not bad just not good"
When we arrived we got a room that was not what we requested, went back to front desk and it was not easy to get the room that we paid for, gas stove did not work during our stay, no microwave in the room and the bathroom shower did not worked correctly.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the beach, and Aventura Mall"
Very nice place to stay, nice pool, beautiful beach
Other trip Aug 6, 2013