All hotels in San Carlos, California, United States of America

"A family trip"
Staff was not friendly
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
ZEHUA
"One of the nicer hotels in the area!"
One of the nicer, more decently priced hotels in the area. Close to 101 freeway. Free parking as well!
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Jacqueline
"Good Hotel but Some Airport Noise"
All was well, with the possible exception of airport noise. If you are sensitive to noise, try to get a room on the west side of the hotel, away from the runway. Not a lot of activity at night but enough to interrupt sleep. Turning the a/c fan on for white noise helped a lot.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Gregory
The hotel was comfortable. The room used for breakfast was very small with limited seating.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Comfortable and clean"
The room and service were really nice. There was plenty of room for the four of us and the beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. We had dinner at Izzy's right next to the hotel. The food and service were great. We enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"A nice hotel in the middle of everything."
Good hotel in a great location at a reasonable cost. Next to the San Carlos Airport, right on the freeway so easy access by road, boat or air.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2015
Hans
"Really nice hotel, good location and good breakfas"
It was a really nice hotel in a great location for us, with a good breakfast available. There was only one elevator but it was quick and easy to access from the front or back parking areas. The refrigerator and microwave were the best of all the places we stayed, which was one of our criteria in choosing a hotel (we stayed at 7 different locations). We'd stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
"Clean but will clean up your pocketbook."
Well kept but terrible location and EXTREMELY OVERPRICED.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
Excellent front desk staff (James et al), but one of the breakfast servers (Lisa?) was impolite and not pulling her weigh. There is only one elevator for the whole hotel and the breakfast area is too small. Otherwise, we enjoyed our 4 days there.
4 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"A great stay in San Carlos, CA"
The Faifield Inn & Suites in San Carlos, CA was top notch! The hotel was comfortable, clean, very accommodating staff, and a great breakfast! What more can you ask?
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Karla
"Good Choice"
This is a well run hotel in a convenient location. An excellent value.
3 night family trip May 15, 2015
"good hotel"
Pool was warm on a cold day.Breakfast was good.room was clean
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Kevin E
"Conveniently located to freeway"
Enjoyed our stay at this property, It was easily located just off the 101 freeway. Wonderful breakfast, friendly staff. May I suggest adding some kleenex in the room and the makeup remover moist towelettes are great but need more than just 1. Thanks
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
The only complaint I have for this hotel is the free breakfast. The breakfast room was crowded and there was no place to sit for many of us. The food was mediocre.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Good quality room and hotel; a tad noisy"
They're doing a good job overall. Clean, friendly, and attentive. Only issue is it's next to the freeway and room facing freeway isn't well sound insulated. If you're sensitive to noise, you'll want a room facing away from freeway. Breakfast is typical for this range hotel, but the breakfast room is tiny and really packed in the morning.
3 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
Craig
Clean rooms, quiet, close to freeway to go north or south.
AC
"Noisy"
I asked the front desk twice to ask the neighbors to be quite and nothing was done about it. The walls are very thin.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
Thank you for writing a review of the Hotel. I apologize that your stay was not without issues. The front desk is supposed to react immediately to guest issues. I will retrain the front desk on guest needs and issues. Thank you again for your observations.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Shaun
"Housepkeepers are not trustworthy"
The reason I rated this so low is because I am furious with the housekeeping staff! I forgot a pair of shoes, that I know were under the desk. They were a black pair of flat shoes, only worn maybe 3 times. Because the shoes blended in with the carpet, I must have missed packing them up before we left. I called the next day and spoke to the person answering the phone. He stated that the particular housekeeper who cleaned our room was off that day. He also stated he would get back to me the next day she was in but did not from them. I mistakenly did not get his name. I called again, since i did not hear from the Marriott Fairfield and spoke to James. He stated the shoes were no where to be found. I am certain the shoes were taken since I specifically remember where I left them. but realize it until I got home to unpack. maybe Fairfield is one of the lower end Marriott Hotels, I have never experienced such a bad occurrence with A Marriott. I am absolutely angry and upset over this. Will never stay there again, nor a Fairfield Inn.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Shirley
"Nice hotel close to the highway"
The staff was helpful, the room was clean. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Michel
"Weekend get together"
Highly recommend this hotel. We have family in this area and we do a lot of visiting, this hotel is our first choice to stay at because of the location but mostly we enjoy the environment.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Pam C
"you need a car"
Bed was super soft! everything was amazing except that no one answers their phone. i left my mom there, who is an international guest and i couldn't reach her for an hour!!! i had to physically drive there to check on her. i called the front line, i called the number she left me a message on, nothing... other than that, was pretty good!
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
rochelle perkins
"Nice hotel. Good location!"
Clean rooms . Beds were comfortable. Free brkfst! Could enlarge the area for brkfst to small for the number of guests. Otherwise staff and receptionists were very friendly. WIFI free!
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
debbie
"Nice comfortable beds"
Had a great stay with wonderful beds. We came to San Jose for a weekend get-a-way.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
molly
"Very comfortable and right location"
The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in!
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
A. Robinow
"Perfect Location"
Like everything location, cleanliness, excellent free breakfast, and friendly staff. The only negative is the mattress in our room is very soft.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Joel
Fairfield Inn at San Carlos is the perfect place to stay while in the bay area. Location and accessto everrything is convenient. Service is great, and the rooms are clean and comfortable... We will book here again
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Sam
I travel to the Bay area on business 2-3 times a year and I always stay at this Fairfield Inn and Suites. The location is terrific, and because it is on the less congested side of the freeway, getting up and down the penninsula is much easier and faster. The rooms are nice, the breakfast is better than average and the service is very good. Particularly this time, when I booked the room through hotels.com but booked it for the wrong week! The front desk clerk was very helpful during my near panic attack and coordinated the rescheduling with ease and professionalism. She found another room for me for the same price and helped me facilitate the change with the web-sites customer service line. Priceless....
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Jean S.
It was good and much better than I expected, but we need a car to get there or take a cab from wherever we are or San Calros Caltrain station. I made a reservation believing that it was at SFO and right next to Marriot in Burlingame location that area I stay often. It turned out to be in San Calros. If you do not have any issue on the transportation to get there, it is good but also there is only one restaurant next to is which is a steak house and Burger King. Nothing else is around there as it is right next to the local airport. Room was as nice as regular Marriot and very clean, plus it came with breakfast that had a lot considering many of the hostels do not have any like that or very limited food. Stuff at the front desk for chcecking in was a lady and I had no idea why she was working there as no impression of wanting to help the guests. Next day over the phone as well as in person, a male front desk person was very helpful. Over all except the transportation, it was good but there were many families with children and adult families who were so very loud at 2 am walking the hallway without considering people in each room are in sleep. I learned how to choose the hotels considering what kind of guests each hotel attracts, so that I feel more comfortable staying in the kind of hotels that I feel comfortable. Obviously I prefer the hotels that quiet and considerate guests who choose to stay.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Friendly and clean"
Greeted by a very friendly staff, room was clean, coffee was good--recommend!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Bronc
Great service and very clean. Nice spacious room and delicious breakfast.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great pool!"
Nice, clean hotel with a nice heated outdoor pool.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Amazing stay! Affordable hotel!"
I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean, the service was great, breakfast in the morning was really good. I would definitely stay there the next time I visit, since my destination is a 7-min walk from there!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Loved it"
Super clean hotel, awesome staff. Breakfast was good. Plenty of parking and not a far drive to SF.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Convenient to San Francisco"
Hotel was fine. Clean room, friendly staff. Good breakfast included. Not much in immediate area, but downtown San Carlos is only a few blocks away and Metrolink commuter train station very close if you want to leave the car and go into San Francisco without hitting traffic, which is what we did with our family.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
JJ
"Great location. Close to San Fran and San Jose"
Great location and very helpful staff! We had great day trips to San Fran, San Jose and Oakland.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Cleanest hotel we've stayed at in awhile."
The room was very clean comfortable and worth the price.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Cina
"Would stay here again"
Excellent hotel, very clean, friendly staff. Although we did not use the pool, it looked very clean and others seemed to be enjoying it. Although you are right next to a small airport and freeway, I could not hear any of the noise. We stayed in room 242, which was an excellent wing...no noise, little traffic. I would suggest asking for a room away from the lobby as breakfast could get a little loud and I imagine could be disruptive.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"close enough to the city, convenient to the hi-way"
comfortable and secure
4 night trip May 8, 2014
Everything. Was good except the beds...did not get good sleep..they sucked..
3 night trip May 9, 2014
Jc
"Nice hotel close to freeway and great location."
Clean rooms good breakfast, I liked the coffee and tea station at the lobby.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
RC
"Convenient location"
The hotel was very clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast served was good. There was also a variety of items and not just continental breakfast. They offered coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby 24 hours. The room was very clean and modern. It is also located next door to the Aviation museum. The hotel was right next to the freeway which was convenient, but we didn't hear highway noise in our room. I would stay there again when traveling to the bay area.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
"Clean, Comfortable, and Cozy"
I work nearby and on occasion I stay in the area at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in San Carlos. With each stay i have found the rooms clean, well maintained, and the staff friendly and efficient.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Tonya
"decent place, clean, comfortable"
This hotel is nothing fancy, but it was clean, comfortable, and convenient for what I was looking for. The location is good and had a few places to eat within walking distance. It was clean and the room was comfortable. The only negatives were that the walls seemed kind of thin (could hear a lot of banging around in the room above me) and the fitness center is super small. I would stay here again when visiting this area.
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
"I said Marriott hotels are always good."
Good for family travel or group travel.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
peter
Needs to replenish the breakfast more often and create more space to sit and enjoy breakfast.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"great option for the bay area"
room was clean, staff was friendly. Wish breakfast on Sunday went a little later than 9:00 a.m., but otherwise it was great!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
We loved our stay!
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"Stay was good"
We stayed for 1 day for our visit to SF. The person on front desk was not able to find our reservation even after we provided the reservation number. It took him 30 mins to figure it all out. The room is very nice, comfortable bed, comfortable AC, clean bathroom and excellent breakfast options.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Vivek
"Clean, convenient, near terrific restaurants"
This affordable hotel is in San Carlos right off of 101, great for the Stanford reunion/football game. We booked without knowing it is right next to the San Carlos airport, which is not particularly visually aesthetic, although airport noise was not a factor. The hotel was clean and pleasant, and it is right next to Izzy's restaurant, a favorite of ours. Even better, it is very close to the shops and amazing restaurants of all kinds on Laurel street-- a completely unexpected treat for those unfamiliar with San Carlos. We will return.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"ok"
the room was great and comfortable but the pool that was suppose to be heated was extremely cold and very dissapointing for my kids and there was no hot tub. the breakfast area was very cramped with only a few tables, we had to sit in the lobby
Other trip Oct 21, 2013