All hotels in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here701 Waymarket Dr, Ann Arbor, MI, 48103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient and close to the places we went"
Great service....friendly desk clerk, room and hotel very clean, great location/nice neighborhood
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
Maria
"Nice and clean"
In and out with no problems. Staff were very nice.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
We stayed three nights. Quick and easy check-in with nice staff. Room was clean and large. Lots of restaurants nearby. We would definitely stay again.
3 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2013
Leah
I liked it. It was comfortable, clean, hospitable, convenient and affordable. I'm the type of person who likes quality things w/o breaking the bank. This place worked perfectly.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2013
"Great location for U or M events."
Clean and spacious rooms.
5 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"College Graduation"
Great.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"Can I Move In?"
This hotel was impressive! The room had a full kitchen, stove, fridge and microwave. There was even a bag of popcorn in the microwave and a container to put it in! The coffee was much better than typical hotel coffee and the bathroom was very cute. This place also offered a laundry facility and workout room. The only downside was the awkward entrance and service at the front desk, but otherwise I wish I had been there for more than one night!
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
Cara
"Ann Arbor: Great College Town"
Very pleased about location. Great food places nearby. Needed to change rooms mid stay, due to wifes needs. Hotel management very accomodating.
5 night family trip Dec 28, 2012
Dennis S.
"Re-key me, please"
We had a few hiccups with keys but it was a pretty solid Candlewood experience.
Other trip Dec 30, 2012
"Great hotel for Holiday Gathering!"
This was truly a home sweet home experience. Our suite was luxurious with all the amenities necessary for a great Thanksgiving 2012 dinner. We were greeted by an outstanding staff ready to meet our needs. The hotel was very contemporary with impressive decor. It was also nice to have such a large center to complete laundry for our sons while exercising in the Fitness Center. We highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
EMU parents
Great place. Renovations occurring as we were there, main floor lots of construction, no worries though. Our room on third floor was virtually new. I'd stay again in a minute.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
the room was nice, the the front desk was understaffed. the three times i stopped by, nobody was there, and once i had a significant wait until someone arrived too help. there is no front desk attendant after 11 at night---so be sure not to lose your key and come home late. but the interior is being renovated and my room, bed, decor, bathroom, etc were all very nice. and, try not to visit town during a football game or you will have to pay twice what this hotel is worth.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2012
"great location, spacious bathroom"
I would highly recommend this hotel, it has more than what most people need, spacious, and very comfortable bed.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2012
Janice
"close to campus"
It was basically a sleepover while moving kids to college. Hotel was under renovation...little noisy and dirty. Comfortable room. Don't usually book a suite for just the two of us, but it was all I could find in that location with a price I could afford.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2012
Hotel was under renovation so hallways and elevators under construction but we were put in a newly renovated suite which was fantastic!
1 night trip Jul 22, 2012

"AN EXCELLENT LOCATION AND SERVICE"
VERY NICE AND QUIET
7 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
Ahmad
"Michigan Wolverine football weekend"
The hotel was clean and spacious. The hotel staff was very polite. The only downside was that I think that they over charged because of the football game.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Darrin
"Would stay again"
Our first visit to this chain.. Thought it was great!! Would definetly stay there again!!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Certainly fine for things in the area..."
Nothing too special but was rather looking for just that, so more than impressed. Would be a fine Japanese style business hotel, if charged out at a far cheaper rate. North America needs $50-90 business visit hotels. As is, perfectly functional, boring area, but that's A2's fault for not having accommodation around areas people care to visit.
3 night business trip May 15, 2014
"Average"
The hotel was fine. I didn't realize that it would only be cleaned once a week and unfortunately it was not cleaned in the time I was there.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Excellant stay"
I liked everything about the Hotel,close to Tim Hortons HA! Shopping And resturants. Close to Hwy... All in All we will stay at this hotel again it is a 5 star hotel
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013

"Praktisk rom"
Grei belighenhet på hotellet i utkanten av Ann Arbor, når en kommer kjørende fra Detroit. Et lite "food court" ligger like i nærheten, hvor det er ulike restauranter. Ellers er rommene utstyrt med kjøkken, og er veldig bra om en vil bo der over en lengre tid og ønske å ha denne muligheten. Det er ikke langt til shoppinsenteret Brairwood mall (5-10 min å gå). Fikk mye for pengene - det eneste negative var at jeg følte rommet luktet gammel røyk - men det var ikke røke rom. Utstyret i rommet var ok, men alle rom er i ferd med å gjennomgå renovering (oppslag med bilder i lobbby), så det er sikkert enda bedre utstyr å se frem til.
5 night business trip Apr 18, 2012
JP

TripAdvisor reviews for Candlewood Suites - Detroit/Ann Arbor

"Excellent!"
02/09/15 B0B0QUI Clifton, New Jersey
This hotel was excellent! Kudos to Ryan at the front desk who is very pleasant and competent, our room 302 was very nice and we enjoyed the free coffee which was very good. The price was a bargain compared to hotels in downtown AA, which cost at least twice as much.
"Nice Stay"
02/01/15 Colin R Atlanta, Georgia
Stayed here with my wife and small dog while attending a family funeral. My wife and I have stayed here a number of times before because we have family in the area. The rooms are very clean and in good condition other than some ware on the reclining chair in the room. My wife and I really like having a small kitchenette in our hotel rooms as we don't like eating out because we have to watch our diets. The hotel staff are very friendly and were very accommodating when we needed to checkout a day earlier because of a change in my work schedule. Also, its nice to have a small hotel shop where you can buy food items to cook and eat in your room. The washer and dries at the hotel are free to use also.
"Go elsewhere"
01/06/15 Phillip S Feasterville, Pennsylvania
I was here for business for a few weeks and man I wish I booked somewhere else instead. They supposedly redid the entire place but everything is ripped or cracked already. The staff was pretty friendly however did not talk to long like they had a bunch of work to do. I wish they offered a housekeeping option more then once a week. I travel frequently and the hotel is cheaper then others in the area. I would personally recommend it to people that are only in the room to sleep and relax a little at a night. If you need to work in room for the day go somewhere else because they allow dogs and the lady across the hall dogs wouldn't stop barking all day and when I talked to the front desk they said they can relocate me which would of been ok if I didn't already unpack 3 weeks worth of work and clothes.
"A lovely 3 month stay"
12/09/14 jwb133 London, United Kingdom
I'm just coming to the end of a 3 month work trip during which I've stayed at Candlewood Suites Ann Arbor. My stay has been excellent - the staff are friendly and attentive, the room was well designed, spacious, and well fitted with small kitchen, large screen TV, desk etc. The small onsite complementary gym and laundry facilities were also very useful. Highly recommended.
"Everything we need"
10/13/14 EmeraldCity66 Seattle, Washington
We visit Ann Arbor a few times a year, and are very pleased to have discovered this place. Our studio room is clean and comfortable, with a well-equipped kitchen, comfortable bed, and even a recliner. We are glad to be able to prepare our own breakfast, as we find the carb-laden free breakfasts at many motels to be so unhealthy. We particularly appreciate the free washers and dryers. We plan to return on future visits.
"Great place & location AND pet-friendly!"
09/10/14 ty6rrl Royal Oak, Michigan
Hubby & I stayed here for an overnight getaway and chose this hotel because they were pet-friendly. We brought our dog with us and were certainly not disappointed. The location of this hotel was wonderful; close enough to downtown Ann Arbor to drive for a nice dinner, but further away from the hustle and bustle. The hotel is also located within walking distance to two strip malls where we were able to pick up food to eat in our room. As for the dog, the back of the hotel has a dog run that we were able to use and the surrounding area has sidewalks where we could walk our dog further if we wanted to. So definitely a bonus for any person traveling with pets! My only complaint would be that the hallway they placed us in did have a funky smell to it. I believe this may be where they put all the pet owners as it did smell a little like multiple dogs have made "mistakes" on the rug down that hallway. Otherwise, our room was spotless and very very comfortable. So yes, I would recommend this to any person, pet-owners especially! If you're not traveling with pets, then just make sure to ask for a room away from where the pets stay!
"Glad I Stayed Here"
07/19/14 TheProf100 Florence, SC
I was on a business trip to Ann Arbor and needed a place to stay for several weeks. I therefore wanted an extended-stay hotel. After doing extensive research on such places in and near Ann Arbor - including on TripAdvisor! - I chose the Candlewood Suites, and I'm glad I did. In light of other extended-stay hotels I've stayed in, this one surpassed expectations. The rooms themselves are large with a kitchen including a full-sized fridge, microwave, stove top, and dishwasher. All plates, utensils, pots, and pans, are included, as were dish soap and and a scrubber for the dishes. The bed was comfortable, and there was a recliner to sit in if I chose. The desk was spacious, which was perfect for my needs. The large flat-screen TV offered over 30 channels, including three HBO stations. There is a large storage closet and several drawers for clothes. The bathroom was sizable with lots of room to move around. Additional pluses about this hotel were the free washer-dryer and a rec room that included a recumbent and standard exercise bikes, two treadmills, dumbbells up to 50 pounds, and a multi-use weight set. (I liked the fact that the laundry room was connected to the rec room, so I could work out and watch TV while my laundry was getting clean.) Each morning (except Sundays) one could choose from one of three newspapers: USA Today or either of the Detroit papers. There is a pantry where one can buy drinks, food, toiletries, and some medicines. Some of the items seemed priced fairly; others were expensive. For people staying for a long period, room service is once a week. However, one can get fresh sheets and towels anytime. Insofar as toiletries, the hotel offers small bottles of shampoo in the room; one should not expect conditioner, mouthwash, or skin cream as might be found in other hotels. This hotel does not offer breakfast in the morning, but I did not find that to be a problem. This hotel appears to be pet-friendly, as I saw a guest with a dog. There are two strip malls within walking distance. The one next door includes a Panera, Subway, burger joint, Mediterranean restaurant, and a pizza place. (There is also a pet clinic in the event you have a pet and it gets sick.) Across the street, the strip mall has a Whole Foods, a pizza place, and a barbeque restaurant, as well as several shops (including Pier 1 and Ethan Allen). About 1/4-mile from the hotel is a large mall with JCPenny, Sears, Von Maur, and Macy's as anchors, as well as numerous restaurants nearby (including Red Robin and Macaroni Grill). About the same distance are Olive Garden, Max and Erma's, and World Market. Still another strip mall about 1/2- to 3/4-miles away has a Busch's grocery, CVS, Great American Bread Co., pet store, and pet clinic. I found getting to both Saline and downtown Ann Arbor were easy drives, requiring about 15 minutes to get to Saline and about 10 minutes to get to Ann Arbor. I-94 is very close to the hotel.
"Loved this Place!"
06/18/14 PerpetualMovement Arlington, Virginia
Our first time at a Candlewood hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A large parking lot is available at no cost and check-in was easy. There is no lobby to speak of... just a desk with employees behind it checking people in and answering phones. Our room was very large, newly renovated and had everything we could have needed. A full kitchen (full-sized frig, microwave, 2 burner stove, cabinets with place settings and glasses & mugs in them, flatware, a dishwasher, full-sized sink, a u-shaped desk/table with chairs, King sized bed, upholstered chair, flat screen TV and large bathroom. The hotel is located just a couple miles from downtown Ann Arbor so it was easy to get into town, enjoy the university and surrounding shops & restaurants. Breakfast is available but at a cost - all items are a la carte and range in price from $1 to $3.50. There is also a laundry room within the hotel. Very convenient place to stay with all the niceties of a furnished studio apartment.
"Still very nice"
06/10/14 AlCzervik1 Road Warrior
Stayed in this hotel back in 2010, it was the first Candlewood I ever tried and the one that got me hooked on the Candlewood brand, since then I have spent countless nights in Candlewoods all across the USA. I'm happy to report this hotel is still in great condition, in fact it appears to have gone through a new room renovation within the last 2 years or so and it's a layout that I really like. The room design was created with graduate students at Savannah College of Art and Design, one of the nation’s top interior design schools and is very classy and functional. Cleanliness was excellent, everything worked well and was in generally good condition, the only exception would be the beds and bedding, those should be the next things updated IMO. I love the location, it quiet, there is a Whole Foods across the street and many different eateries close by. One thing you'll want to be aware of is that there is massive road construction going on, on AnnArbor-Saline Rd as of 6/10/14. If you are coming from the West(Jackson) on I-94 you will not be able to get off at exit 175 and access the hotel as the overpass is closed. Instead you'll need to go down to exit 177 and either take I-94 back West 2 miles to 175 or take State St. to Eisenhower Pkwy and come in that way. If your not familiar with the area it would be wise to consult a map before arriving at the hotel in the event the overpass is still closed. If you are coming from the East(Detroit) you should be fine to get off at exit 175, you shouldn't be affected. Beyond that the place is still great though, the wifi works wonderfully and is fast, speed tests showed consistent speeds above 10Mbps which is WAY faster then you get at most Candlewoods, your lucky to get 2Mbps download speeds at most. I should also mention beyond the usual amenities you find at Candlewood I noticed they had another new one here called the 'Lending Locker'. This is the first Candlewood I've encountered with this new feature. I did not use it but it looked pretty neat and had all kinds of different small appliances, games, kitchen gadgets, etc that you could check out/borrow for free!
"Items missing"
05/03/14 TomT7518 Las Vegas, Nevada
I would like to give this property a better review. The room was nice. The property is conveniently located to all that Ann Arbor has to offer. The reason for the low rating is the staff. After checking out and arriving at our next destination we realized we had left 2 iPhone chargers and one iPad charger plugged into the desk outlet in our room. We immediately called Candlewood Suites and were informed that there had been nothing turned in by the housekeeping staff. They said they did have a box full of chargers that had been turned in and we were welcome and look through them to see if our chargers were there. The following day we drove an extra 40 minutes out of our way to return to the hotel to look through the box of chargers. Only to find a box full of old flip phone chargers. We are sure we left the chargers in the room. It would have been nice if there was a bit of honesty from the staff. Sure we will move on and replace the missing items but not without a bitter taste in our mouth for the Candlewood Suites in Ann Arbor.