All hotels in Tulare, California, United States of America
1183 N Blackstone St, Tulare, CA, 93274, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.9
    2.6
"the redroof inn is no good"
thumbs down bad service
2 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
chris
"Good value for half-way stop-over point."
Halfway stop-over from Tahoe to SoCA
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
"comfortable"
Very quiet and didn't feel that I was in a bad area or place.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Sleepless at Red Roof Inn in Tulare, Ca."
Upon arrival to check in, the nite clerk was very rude.I also asked her for a wake-up call that I did not get. The door would not lock properly so I didn't feel safe.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Room not at all well maintained. Room rate very inexpensive so I guess you get what you pay for.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
ida
"Xmas"
Na
1 night trip Dec 8, 2014
Santiago
"Great Hotel and HIGHLY RECOMENDED"
I was truly impressed at how nice this hotel was and exspecially for the great rate. Friendly and attenative staff. Loved there area and convienatly located off the freeway. I will deffinatly be Staying and recomending this hotel to others
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
jodie
"Nothing fancy, but it'll do."
Overall a good experience, we did book a king bed though and got a double instead. That was disappointing. But ultimately it's a moderately clean, safe roof of your head so I can't complain too much. You definitely get what you pay for...or a little less in our case. :(
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"Slept great"
Just a quick stop for sleep on the way north. Great greeting by night clerk. No problems, just poorly decorated. We slept great!
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Red Roof Inn"
the noise from other rooms was annoying as well as the cars noise that started at 5am.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Pat
The room was not clean. And it wad smelling cigarette even if it was a non smoking room.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Clean, Comfortable Room in Central Location."
Spacious Room close to freeway and Central Tulare with comfortable bed, nice linens , and plenty of towels.
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
"Cheap hotel"
Cheap free wifi close to middle of Tulare and right in front of Burger King a plus lol. My room did have a fridge and a microwave but my mother in law didn't but she did have a coffe maker. Easy check in and easy check out friendly staff. My shower didn't have enough water pressure and the water went from cold to hot to steaming hot and then back to cold not good. I'll rate it a 3/5 will stay again just because it's cheap and I'm a cheap kind of guy
bigeapoppa
"Nice Hotel close to the freeway"
We got in late but the room was ready and it was very nice and clean. Also very quiet at night. we will stay here again
Patsy
"One nighter!"
If your looking for place to lay your head for a reasonal price, i would recommend The red roof inn.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
"Would not recommend"
The hotel is in poor condition, and not cleaned well. I would not recommend staying there.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Dale
"Clean, well furnished, great designed"
Among all the motels we have stayed in US this one was a treasure. For a low price you get a great design motel, where rooms do not stink, are tastefully furnished, the bed is supercomfy, the bathroom is bath and like new. Great stay!!!!
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Requested a crib and didn't get it. Called front desk for an Iron and didn't get it. My room keys didn't work when we got back to the hotel. Had to go get them reactivated in the middle of the night. It was very inconvenient because I have small kids and they were asleep and had to wait outside the room.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"low"
people were rude...room was dirty...tub had ring..wont stay here again...
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"Worst Hotel Ever"
I was traveling with my wife and passing through Tulare for an overnight stay.First clue on this hotel was the stench in the lobby; it smelled like a damp dirty old rag. As I walked to our hotel room, the smell in the air got worse as I could smell urine, vomit, and dog waste. Once inside the room, our situation did not get better. The room was extremely dirty, no wifi, TV not working, too small towels to dry, etc. as we checked in after 9:00, we decided to stay and try to gut it out. The idea of sleeping in the car crosses our minds, but we didn't know the area and the outside looked a bit seedy. We got up at 4:00 and hurried to get out of that place. The only good thing I could say about that hotel is we didn't get bed bugs! Red Rood Inn should be ashamed to charge anyone for that room. One of those places where you do not want to pull anything out of your suitcase and have it touch anything in the room. If I had the option to give this place 0 stars, I would.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
FrequentTravele
"Not at all what was pictured"
Room was very run down. The bathroom had holes in the wall that were covered up and not fixed properly. The overall of the motel is very run down. Was ok for a quick overnight place to lay your head but I would not return especially for the price. They advertised free breakfast but all it included was coffee and they didnt even have that at 8am.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Good hotel for the price. I have nothing further to add.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Never staying here again"
I stayed the night here with my husband because we had a funeral In the area to go to, when I walked into the room it stunk so bad. There was stains all over the comforter and tears. The beds are like sleeping on rocks, I woke up the next day in so much pain, my husband decided to take the floor because the bed was too uncomfterable. All over the peep hole on the door also was a banana cake squished on it with a wrapper, seriously clean the rooms properly. It definatley wasn't worth the money and if we weren't so tired we would have got our money back and stayed somewhere else but we just got done with a 5 hour drive so we weren't in the mood to drive around looking for another hotel
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Breann
"old smelly filthy"
Super dirty old and smelly . Rooms looked nothing like the photos online . I was extremely disappointed and disgusted with the condition of the room. -stains on the mattress and bedding -carpet and bathroom floors filthy -no microwave , no batteries in tv remote , no screen on window -hair dryer did not work -no iron in room or on request
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Cleanliness=Excellent, Beds=Uncomfortable!"
The Room was extremely CLEAN, on that note I was impressed. The Bed was very uncomfortable. Although the television worked fine, it was a very old model. I don't think it was even an OLD flatscreen. All in all, the staff were Nice, and they attended to the one HUGE problem there with quickness and efficiency. Late at night, the room upstairs, sounded like a DOMESTIC Knock-Down Drag-Out Fight, between a man and woman. It sounded like Furniture was being Moved, thrown, a real melee! I called the front office, and the noise stopped within minutes. THANK GOD! I waited a half hour from my slumber before I reported it. At this Motel, I can say that they took care of it almost immediately! I would say that the upstairs couple could have happened at any hotel. Good with Bad, I think this motel could go from a 3 to a 5 with some minor changes. A new bed, new TV, and maybe a good carpet shampoo!
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Craig
"Very poor hotel for the pay! - Never Ever"
A very dirty and ill-treated hotel. There are cockroaches and rats in the hotel room. We were completely alarmed and flabbergasted. When talked to the reception, she offered us with a new room, but seemingly the other room is as good as the first room. So, we declined. We will never opt Hotels.com for Hotel Stay.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Sri Bharadwaj
"Not a Happy Traveler"
Carpets filthy & sticky in places. Sheets did not fit "deep pocket" mattress, I struggled all night. white towels were stained, looks like someone cleaned shoes or floor with it. Room in front of elevator and the open space for ice machine. Television poor reception.
3 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Janet
"Slumming It In Tulare, Ca"
This place is the worst place: toilet leaked & bathroom floor wet always, the bathroom looked ran down & in need of a remodel. 2 little pillows looked a hundred years old. The room smelled like a dirty locker room.. There was a party in the room next door & music blasting till 5am. I will NEVER STAY IN A RED ROOF INN!!! Good Luck if you book there...
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Teresa
"The pictures are not actual rooms at this red roof"
The hotel is not what you think it will be like if you are judginging from the pictures. No flat screen tvs. Room had no phone to call front desk... it was more of a dissapointment but for the rate I concluded I got what I paid for. The location is great. Restaurants, store all at walking distance just don't eat at the vallartas their food was disgusting.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Decent but rude staff"
Checking into the hotel we knew with the price not to have high expectations. When we got there we were pleased that the room was not as bad as some of the reviews. We had a Delux Queen room. The Wi Fi that was promised didnt work well at all and the TV only had a few channels that you could actually watch. Checking out was fine until I left belongings in the room and in the same day tried to get them back. The staff at the front desk around 5pm was so rude and disrespectful it made any positive thought about this hotel negative. Don't make the mistake of having to deal with the staff at all, aside from that the room was decent for $45/ night if you do not need any amenities.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Adequate lodgings"
The room was clean and comfortable. The facility was a bit run down. There was one washing machine and one dryer in the laundry. The dryer only ran very hot regardless of setting.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Clinton
"Nice and super Price"
Very nice hotel. Clean and neat rooms. We enjoyed our stay very much. The price value ratio cant be better. The area too is nice and offers a lot of options for shopping as well as dining.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Ok"
It was ok for a nights stay!
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Gabe Patton
"The Price is Right"
When I booked, this was the cheapest option and it met all the minimum requirements - bed, shower. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. It had those things. A/C worked pretty well too. I imagine they'd get better reviews with some minor attention to detail. What makes people happy at a hotel? How about a towel that doesn't scratch and can wrap all the way around an average sized American? How about an ice machine (or two) that works? Those would be nice touches that would go a long way toward their reviews. Mini fridge in the room was an unexpected bonus, The TV with major color distortion was a minus (throw it away!). But alas, I'll definitely go back if they are once again the cheapest option. There's a Burger King next door for those who fancy a self-loathing late night binge.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Dont stay here"
Horrible place staff rude and inconsiderate staff condition of the dirty will not use Hotels.com again
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
gale barclay
It was easy to check in which was nice and came with free wifi. But didnt like the fact that sheets are not changed after every guest. Could also use some upgrades. Tv was old out dated( not flat screen) used too many power strips and extension cords in the room to hook up tv microwave and refrigerator
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"My stay"
I arrrive late the staff was excellent, did not miss a detail, and when i told them I had a bad ankle from a recent fall. They made adjustments for my benifit without me having to ask direcly. Gave me directions i needed & more. I would stay there agian & again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"As good as the 70 dollar places with a good bed"
Stayed a night the bed was comfortable AC worked. TV and Internet worked. The place was clean and mainly remodeled. Good place for the price.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"OMG"
tiles falling off in the shower, remote doesnt work, ice machine is empty, stray animals living in the hallways, lady with 14 kids in the pool all wearing underwear not suits, drug dealing in the open. Bad news. Staff was super friendly though, I feel badly for them.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Anne J
"First bad time"
First. girl at desk was mad I interrupted her phone call. Reserved a single. Got a double.the sink was filled with cig ashes because through drain would not flow, not the maintenance guy was the nicest of them all.then the shower, nothing like cold shower, California in a drought and a other guest said to leave on for 15 mins it will get hot. This hotel does not care about drought. Would never stay again if in town. Hope I never am.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
t
We were looking for a good price and were a little apprehensive if it would be ok. We were happy that, although the furniture was worn and out dated, the room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We slept very well and would be glad to stop there again.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"fair stay"
It's a fair stay with the low price.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
Ke
"The room was very tired and needs a total facelift"
Was a cheap room and still not worth the money. This is the second Red Roof we have tried and both were not so good.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
weary traveler
"not too bad."
I had a non smoking room that smelled like smoke, but the manager explained to me that it used to be a smoking room. She offered to get me another room if the smell bothered me. Over all not a bad experience
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
ez
"It was okay"
The facilities were clean, the TV wasn't working and the water shower would turn hot or freezing cold.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Horrible"
Upon arrival to my room, I entered to find beer bottles and trash laying around. The room was a mess. I went to the desk to get a new room, and was given one that was cleaner, however still dirty and the bathroom was rusted and old.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
"Feels like home"
I've been staying here for about two months now n I love it I feel so comfortable
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
im 23
"You get what you pay for"
We stopped here after a long day of driving on our way home from vacation. The room was a decent size, and the bed was clean. The floor was a little dirty (to the point where we wouldn't allow our daughter to crawl on it). When my husband went out for ice both machines were busted. Overall though we were able to sleep well throughout the night. Would I stay there again? Probably not. For $20 more I could get a room at the much nicer looking hotel next door.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Steph
It was fine to stay there for one night. The room was clean.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
We booked a room for 4 but only 2 towels were supplied. Nothing is provided except 2 pieces of soap and 2packets of shampoo and conditioner which isn't enough for 4 people. The temperature in the room is very uncomfortable during summer, even when set to 70 degrees. When the air conditioning turns on, the room gets blasted with cold air & when it turns off automatically, the room get very hot. The room itself very tight and small. The photos taken looked better than actual state of the room.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014