All hotels in Romeoville, Illinois, United States of America
1225 Lakeview Dr, Romeoville, IL, 60446, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
Other trip Jan 25, 2013
brandon
5 night trip Jun 27, 2012
1 night trip Jun 29, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook

"nascar"
06/26/15 Dane D Schaumburg
Room was great - the grab and go breakfast was good too.Nice to have fridge and microwave to reheat and keep leftovers from food places (and there are many choices-love to eat local instead of chain food-thank you Food Channel)Minor problem internet somewhat slow (could pay a nominal fee for higher speed but still not bad)And agree a little mortar work on the outside.
"Poor Management"
06/04/15 Ericmolenda
The hotel is not kept up very well. When u walk in there are bricks falling off the columns, that should have been the first tell tale sign! The room needed to be vaccuiumed in the worst way and just not very clean. Now I don't know where u can still SMOKE IN A ROOM!! The hotel still has smoking rooms! The entire 3rd floor smells so bad! My bathroom walls and ceiling were yellow!! I asked them if they could clean it and they never did so I did it. They tell you that the day u check in is the day they clean your room well two days latter I'm sleeping and someone is trying to get into my room! Scared the hell out of me! I asked front desk if they could clean my room over weekend and the girl at front desk gave me a hard time! It was like u was putting her out of her way!! Thank god the GM was there next day and she took care of it! Then the toilet backed up and leaked into the room below me! Last thing. I was at front desk and I over hear them telling a customer that his reservations for tomorrow are no good because THEY GAVE HIS ROOM AWAY!!!!! Why did u take the reservation?? I checked out and went to different hotel!!
"Staying till we can find an apartment around the area."
05/09/15 AJLuv231
Trying to Stay until we can find an apartment. Had a roll of bad luck n ended up homeless so just trying to get by with A roof over our heads until we can find a place more permanent and NOT SO EXPENSIVE!! This extended stay is very nice and the rooms along with the beds are comfortable as well. The front desk service , especially general manager LaTonya Lindsey, are very nice and extremely respectful to my fiancé and I ;) j would definitely recommend it to my friends and family..! Thank you Nd I hope we will continue to be able to stay here. Justine&Aron
"Awful and dirty!! Blech!"
04/11/15 3js1hm
Arrived on a Friday night for a basketball tournament. Check in was fine and the lobby was ok, no frills but reasonably quick. When we got off the elevator on our floor was when it began to be clear this place has a cleanliness issue. The hallway WREAKED of smoke! The carpet in the hallways and room is dirty and there was nothing at all fresh or clean smelling about it! There were stains on the carpet in our room. The sheets were far from fresh and I suspect, as others reported that they were not changed. The bathroom was dirty including marks/stains that I don't care to imagine there origin. There was toothpaste spit on the mirror, hairs in the tub and toilet was dirty. Read all the reviews, same story, different stay and the management seems to be good at writing apologies online but awful at rectifying the filthy situation in it's establishment. FYI, they don't clean the rooms daily nor supply daily clean towels, extra soap or provide a hair dryer, all of which are absolutely standard in the majority of hotels.
"Black Mold found in bathroom"
11/25/14 Mike O
I have to stay in extended stays often. My company puts us in them all over the country. I was in this Romeoville location very recently and did not have a good experience at all! I have photos of BLACK MOLD in the bathroom of my hotel room! I called down to the office and nothing at all was done. I was not staying in the room for a couple weeks and when I returned I noticed nothing, still, was done. I talked to the front desk and then the manager, Jennifer about the issue. She had an attitude from the min I began voicing my concern. Also due to the fact that my company pays for the rooms, my name was not on the room I would like to say that I have never had a problem getting a key to my room but she would not give me a key (even though I had a package from my company at the front desk in my name). She made me call my company so she could simply hear someone say I was ok to get a key and did not even enter anything into the computer. I truly believe she did this so she could get the maintenance man into my room, while I was on the phone, to simply wipe the BLACK MOLD off the wall before I could get in there and take pics (which I already did before I complained) because it was mostly gone by the time i got back into my room. On top of all this, they would not let me stay in another room without paying for a separate room! Very shady and I will be telling my company immediately! I wonder if the manager Jennifer, who was noticeably very pregnant would be ok with this same treatment at a hotel she was staying at?
"Nice enough room, but Lazily managed and amenities not delivered consistently."
11/09/14 catnip824 Bolingbrook, Illinois
Rented a room here for a 2-week stay, needing to be close to the local hospital during recovery after surgery. My physical mobility was severely limited, (and I wasn't allowed to drive for 2 weeks following surgery, or lift more than a gallon jug) so chose this hotel based on its included amenities for the room charge. I think my review will address a few of the previous reviewer's complaints. For the reviewer who complained about NO "ROOM" SERVICE, I believe you can request maid service everyday for an additional fee, otherwise they do a full clean & bed change each Friday, and anytime you need fresh towels or shampoo/dish soap, they'll replenish on request to the front desk. Personally, even in my weakened condition I was able to do basic straightening-up after myself each day- dishes, wiping up counters, making my bed. The only thing I did miss was having a broom or Swiffer, or mini-vac for crumbs on the kitchen floor, which I solved with a pair of "sweeping slippers" that I remembered having bought but rarely used. They came in handy here! I did have to ask for a kitchen Clorox wipe-down on my first day there because the cabinets were full of the previous resident's crumbs. No sign of bugs (cockroaches) or rodents, thankfully. And the microwave was spotless!! You don't find that at your place of work, I guarantee! I believe that it's wasteful to replace towels every day, because aren't you at your cleanest when you dry off after a bath/shower? So, I was fine with the once-a-week maid service. The first Friday of my stay I was present for the full clean, (couldn't go anywhere) and she did a thorough job. I thanked her and handed her a cash tip, and sad to say, she looked at me like a deer in headlights because, I suppose, few people ever tip them in appreciation for the work they do. The actual room was fine, no-frills and spacious. Lots of lamps & electrical outlets (a definite plus, with all the personal electronics we need to keep charged these days! I also have medical equipment that requires a grounded outlet, and they had more than enough in the room. YAY! ) Bed was surprisingly comfortable.(Never know how you'll sleep in a hotel bed!) They also allow pets, for an extra charge. I brought one to keep me company. You have to request your kitchenware at the front desk--there's a card in your room that states that (it's not pre-stocked like at many hotels I've experienced, presumably to avoid theft here) utensils, dishware, etc. and it doesn't seem like they'll deliver it to your room, (though I suppose they might have if I'd gone into the boring details of my medical situation.) Getting that to the room with my lifting restrictions was a bit of a challenge as the dishes alone were some kind of heavy ceramic---luckily, whoever had my room previously had left the cabinet stocked with the dishware and the maid hadn't removed them, so I was able to tell the front desk clerk to keep the heavy china, and I just lugged the toaster, coffee maker, utensils, pots & pans, etc. The large cabinets are light on shelving, as if some shelves are missing. (Probably only an issue for longer-term stays like mine.) Microwave and stove top are available, but make sure everything you stock into the fridge and cabinets can be cooked in either of those 2 ways as there's no oven, and a single sink, so washing & rinsing dishes takes a few extra steps. Definitely don't plan on entertaining more than 1 guest since there's only a small table to dine on & two chairs. (One of the chairs had a broken back.) One evening, their VERY LOUD fire alarm went off & the Fire Department had to come to shut it off. No explanation, no way to know if it was a dangerous evacuation situation, faulty equipment, or a drill, and no apologies afterward from management for any inconvenience. (In this pet-accepted hotel, pets would've been going BALLISTIC from the piercing shriek of the alarm-fortunately, mine wasn't there that night!) They have a "Grab-N-Go breakfast" bar from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. which is fine when it's fully stocked with apples, oranges, granola bars, instant oatmeal packets, 2 coffees, tea bags, hot cocoa, and muffins----BUT, for a full 5 days of my particular stay, there were only apples, a few plain granola bars left, 1 coffee carafe, and hot water for the tea bags available. And this is at 7 a.m. to 7:30, with still 2 hours to go before anything should be running out! One day out of the offered food supplies is understandable, even two. But with Sam's Club & Costco nearby they should have at least made sure that amenity was covered for clients!! Send someone out on a snack food supply run, for cripes sake! Or, give a room credit for $5-$10/day for every day we had to buy breakfast at a local fast-food place because what you promised for your room charge wasn't available. Yes, I did have food in the fridge & some equipment to cook it, but when you're in recovery from major surgery you don't have much energy to cook your own meals everyday, so choosing a place that claims to have Continental or "Grab-N-Go" breakfast is very helpful! And I'm certain the construction workers and truckers and salesman who frequent hotels like this don't have time to cook up breakfast for themselves before having to be at work at the crack of dawn, so the hotel needs to follow thru! The manager was never there for inquiries, but the maintenance staff was quick to respond to a burnt-out kitchen light bulb and running toilet. The presence of a toilet plunger in the bathroom in light of this was a bit unnerving, but fortunately we only needed to use it once, and that was only out of an abundance of caution-the toilet was apparently just slow at resolving its issue, but STILL! Inventors, take heed: Plungers oughtta be disposable, one use and toss and replace, never left in a room between stays. Room keys had to be re-magnetized to allow access three times, very inconvenient to find you're locked out mid-way thru a pre-paid stay. All in all, definitely has issues to be resolved to make it worth the cost, but overall a comfortable room. Jennifer Papesh, the manager, needs to be more available, pro-active in dealing with issues, and offering resolution to clients who have been inconvenienced during a paid stay at her establishment. Oh, and while the front desk staff was acceptably professional, only two of them acted at all friendly to their clients, rarely a smile to be had. They don't seem to like working there.
"best stay ever!"
09/10/14 srgklsusan Bloomington, Minnesota
I had my best ever experience at this hotel on 8/30/14. the room was clean, the dishes and utensils I used were the cleanest I have ever seen and the staff was great. I really liked making my own meals in my room. I have some dietary restrictions so dinning out can be a challenge, plus I saved a ton of money making my own fresh food. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.
"They don't come worst then this one"
07/23/14 CCA1962 Chicago, Illinois
This was the worst hotel I have ever, ever, stayed at. I was charged $119/night for 5 nights stay for smoking room that we did not want. NO ROOM SERVICE FOR 5 DAYS!!!! The hotel stunk!! Empty bottle of alcohol next to garbage cans. Cigarette butts all over parking lot and entryways. Hallways stunk and were extremely hot. The on the fly breakfast or what ever they call it was a joke. Why have kitchen if if it is totally empty. Absolutely no cooking utensils nor any pots and pans. We didn't even get a single drinking glass. No ice in hotel. This place is a joke. Trust me, look around!!! You'll find everything this hotel is missing in the competition for way, way lower price.
"This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at"
07/15/14 kmac1979 Phoenix, Arizona
This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We booked this room via Hotwire.com and got an excellent deal on this hotel. I guess the saying you get what you pay for fits the bill for this hotel because this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. We checked into the hotel late at night, and went up to our room and this is when the fun began. Upon opening the door to the room, we noticed that the carpet was so dirty that we refused walk on it without our shoes on. Then we pulled the blankets back and noticed stains and hair on the fitted sheets and pillows. Then we looked in the bathroom and the tub and toilet looked like they haven't been cleaned in weeks. We contacted the front desk and we were immediately assigned another room. We couldn't believe our eyes when we opened the door to the new room that we were assigned. This one was worse than the first room. After taking several pictures and being in utter disbelief that this place is open for business, we contacted Hotwire and spoke with customer service to get a refund issued, which wasn't an easy task. However, we refused to accept this hotel considering the gross conditions and eventually we were granted our refund. We checked out of this hotel and drove another 30 miles to a more acceptable hotel for our visit. I still am in disbelief of the gross conditions of this hotel. There were holes in the walls on the second floor near the elevator, and the two rooms we were assigned looked like they haven't been cleaned in weeks. Whoever is running this hotel should really look into a new process for verifying that rooms are being cleaned before charging people to stay here. It was so nasty in this hotel that I would rather sleep in my car than stay in this hotel under these horrible conditions. I will not stay at this hotel again.
"Shocked at this place"
06/23/14 Kyle H
My company has an account with ESA and I have been very happy with all of my stays till I came to Joliet. I read all the other similar reviews but thought they would have corrected the problem by now. I was wrong. For a place that only does housekeeping once a week I would expect the rooms to be cleaned with more effort. I walked into my room for the first time and there was hair and dust in the drawers with food still on the silverwear. The bathroom looks like it needs a good deep cleaning. The only good thing I hand to say is the guy at the front desk was nice when I checked in. I'm sitting here wondering how there are so many cars here. I'm going to call my company tomorrow and get me out of here.