All hotels in South Gate, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here8821 Garfield Ave, South Gate, CA, 90280, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
Good
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Nicer beds maybe?"
The room is ok for the price, but the beds are terrible, they're squeaky and there's springs sticking out, other than that the room is ok for the price,
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"BAD DIRTY SERVICE"
My stay was very unforgettably bad it checked into the room the bathroom was dirty they sent an women over to clean it she sprayed air fresh and they then refused to clean the room and was offered another room but it too was NOT clean and could not issue me a cash refund just horrible customer service WILL NOT BE BACK AND IF YOU DECIDE TO GO CHECK YOUR ROOM
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"not bad for the price"
I have stayed here numerous times for business travel. Close to the freeways and plenty of food within walking distance. Staff is always a bit dry and not very friendly but once I check in I'm done with them anyway. Room is spacious and pretty clean. Would return again if in the area.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
tom
"Nice hotel (quiet area)"
The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was that the hotel's staff asked if we can let her in to clean the room at 7:30 am. I was in a rush on my way out and i told her no not now and she didn't clean the room at all. Extra or bigger trash cans can be helpful. Only one small trash can in the room.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"rated to high"
The bed was hard, the mattress was nasty with stains, the carpet was old with cigarette burns on it. The room entrance was black with stains but the carpet was supposed to be somewhat green. The breakfast was not worth getting up for, thank goodness for the AM/PM next door. The towels were not all fresh and clean( we took our own). I wont ever stay in this hotel again, we only put with it because of the situation we had but there are better hotels nearby.
3 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"great"
Everything was great the young lady in the afternoon was real nice helpfull her nsme wad candy i remember cuz that what i was buying at thd window a candy bar!!! I will definitely go again.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
kim
"Close proximity to just about anywhere in LA"
Check-in/out was fast & easy. This hotel was perfect distance from everywhere I went while in LA (I was all over LA county & Inland Empire searching for decent areas to move to). I stayed for just about a week. It was only about 25min. from the Santa Monica Pier/Venice Boardwalk & minutes from any other city you might want to visit. Hotel is located in a decent area, plenty of parking right outside of your door, they have a pool, front desk staff was very friendly, the cleaning ladies were all very nice & did a fast/very good job keeping my room/bathroom clean. I will be returning to this hotel on my next visit back to LA in a few months. Very satisfied and glad I chose to stay there!
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Talia
"Easy Access"
When we got there, the person checking us in handed up papers to sign and keys to the room and left. We were not told where our rooms were located and had to hunt them down. Some of the lights in the room were not working and no light bulbs were found to replace them. Our air conditioner wasn't working and the check in person just told us to wait a while when we went back to the lobby. 90 degree heat in and out of the room all night. When we complained the next day we were moved to another room which was cleaner and nicer and had working air. (I think this was a family run hotel and the teenage daughter got stuck working the check in desk and she didn't want to.) We never were able to locate the indoor pool as nothing was marked on any of the doors. The outdoor pool smelled and needed cleaning. The continental breakfast was donuts and juice. The main reason we picked this hotel was the location the pool and the continental breakfast. We were extremely happy with the location but could not use the pool and the continental breakfast was disappointing. Coffee was not even available in the breakfast room and no coffee makers were in the rooms. All of us woke each day with backaches due to the beds. Extra pillows were requested but were unavailable. The cleaning staff were wonderful. They were fast and efficient and friendly. The day hotel staff was pleasant.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
B.
"Not horrible for price"
The accommodations weren't the greatest. Hard box of a bed. The shower made a horrible sound when the water was running. Close to the strip which was a plus, except for the group of guys who came back loud and drunk at 3am. Taxes and wifi were added after our booking when we thought they were included (read booking carefully). Other than that it provided a place to get some sleep. Oh, breakfast was a box of donuts behind a locked door.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2013
K & C
"EHHH. SO SO"
The key never worked. I had to go back each day and get a new one. The continent breakfast is a joke. But it's whatever. average.
4 night business trip Aug 20, 2013
"Key trouble"
"We have the technology," which shows my age, but the technology didn't work. Had to change my key twice, and it still needed half a dozen trys to get the door to open. Frustrating.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Great room for the price!"
Overall a good experience. There was a patch of carpet missing by the bathroom with staples sticking up, other than that the room was pretty good. Loud, obnoxious people in the room above me making noise ALL night, but when I called the front desk, he was very helpful in trying to get them to stop being so loud. Great location, plenty of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater across the street.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2013
Trippy
"ok"
is good
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"nice room to drop off your things"
I stayed here two nights because of the price but it is old and the beds are hard. we luckily werent in the room it was more of a place to leave our luggage. If your looking to hang out and enjoy hotel time this wouldnt be it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
The woman at the front desk was rude and had an attitude. The rooms didn't have a microwave and fridge like it said online. We requested two beds but the room we got only had one. The site said the hotel had pullout beds. When I asked the lady for one she acted like I was speaking gibberish. Overall the stay was alright. I would recommend someone to stay there.
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2013
Georgette
"Only If You Need It"
This room was a little lower than I expected. There is a saying that you get what you pay for. Well this was a little less. This was just a room with a uncomfortable bed and unstable furniture. The bathroom was out dated and everything was cheep. The plus was the location was next to the freeway and had food places close by. I would stay there again only if I needed to stay for a few hours.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2013
Quick Stay
"THE WORST PLACE TO STAY"
WHEN WE ARRIVE THE PARKING LOT WAS EMPTY WONDERINF WHY?????? IS RATED 3 STARS , BUT UNFORTUNALY I DO NOT THINK IS 1 STAR
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
FRANCISCO
"You get what you pay for. Better value than expect"
The free breakfast is worth what you pay for it. 0 Room was clean and spacious.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Nico
"Disappointing."
There was soap and shampoo left from the last guest still in the shower along with hair everywhere.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
CaliPat
"Nice clean hotel"
I love stay at this hotel best of all it was a very good price.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
wendy
"Horrible Room and Staff"
There was no shower head, just a pipe coming out of the wall. The staff was rude and refused to allow me switch rooms. My pillow smelled of mens cologne and they would not even provide me with another pillow or blanket. When I complained they said if I didn't like it I could leave! Unfortunately it was late and I didn't have the patience to find another place at that hour. But do not stay here.
4 night business trip Jun 3, 2013
This place was not that great... but you get what u payed for those with kids there are no refridgeraters in any of the rooms that's not good especially for me since I had an infant with me
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Elly
"Ok stay"
The room had what it said it had.I was disappointed with only their water-down coffe and donuts for their "continental breakfast".
1 night romance trip May 25, 2013
Sandy
"close to my destination"
sheets made us itchy & tv remote didn't work & they weren't able to replace it for a working one. besides that is good.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
I was disappointed that they advertised a continental breakfast that was merely coffee and donuts, Internet access passwords that wasn't made available in the room (They wouldn't give it to me unless I walked down to the front desk and picked it up personally), and housekeeping that did nothing more than pull up the blankets on the bed (They woke me up to ask if they could skip cleaning my room because they were short staffed). The television was ancient and only a few channels and most of them were in Spanish. Not pleased with the place. Wouldn't stay there again.
3 night trip May 16, 2013
Roberta
"Close to shopping center,convience."
2nd stay very clean, great staff.Bowling ,great selection of restaurants.
Other trip May 18, 2013
velia
Only one thing the car but it wasn't cleaned
Family trip May 1, 2013
Yousef
"Stinky Hotel"
My field technician's stayed there for one night even thought they where scheduled for 2 nights.They both said that the outside of the hotel looked great but the smell inside was terrible. It was even in the rooms. The carpets where very worn and that's where they think the smell was coming from. My technicians needs to make a trip back in 2 weeks but they do not want to stay there! I would not recommend anyone staying there unless they upgrade their facility. Diane R. Administrator
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
The hotel wasn't too bad, towels were old and stained and the a/c was dirty but overall the room was clean, decent location fast food restaurants across the street.
2 night trip Mar 25, 2013
edgar
"very convenient location"
As soon as I walked in the room was smelly, very very dirty restroom, door locks were loose, A/C was not working properly, carpet was filthy, location was perfect right off the freeway, staff were very nice, restaurants and shopping are all nearby, the parking lot was very clean and the ice machine works great.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2013
You have mentioned that high speed internet but I was spent all nights just to wait for connection the internet and it always interrupt and not access the internet. I got not sleep for whole night as I need to communicate with my business and I even bring my laptop to Mcdonald to use their wi - fi free. I wondering what kind the high speed internet service that you provide? and the breakfast it just like nothing. Please improve the breakfast as what people they had at home. It was really really upset.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2013
"consruction worker"
Service was bad, room was big but the bed and pillows were hard as rocks. No microwave, frige, or coffee pot in our room. Their breakfast that they offer is coffee and donuts and wasn't available till 7am. Stay at your own risk. Hotels.com was $45 cheaper than if you walked up.
3 night business trip Mar 11, 2013
thomas
"Nice place to sleep there but internet not good!!"
It's great place to be but lousy internet very weak but good place to stay though but breakfast well it ok
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2013
Tazz
I would recomend it to others!
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2013
it real improved i notice a refrigerator in the room. this is located in a great surrounding area to do things. a one night stay is good at this location.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2012
it was quite & was a very good price for a get away not to far, but close enough to the plaza across the street to do something fun also.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2012
"Not so great hotel"
We had a very bad experience at this hotel. We could't get much sleep most nights do to some rowdy guests and to boot some one stole the radio antenna from my SUV which made us feel unsafe and cut short our trip. Not only that the pool looked like it was not cleaned since the place was built and hot water was not available in the rooms. Cleanliness of need to some improvement too and only bright side that maid staff was very freindly,other than that I would not reserve it again.
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
"My experience with the Guesthouse Inn and Suite"
This was an OK hotel if you just wanted a bed. Getting there with public transport is tricky, however. Purchase a $5 TAP-IT card that gives you unlimited LA Metro rides. From Union Station catch a Red Line Metro south to 7th Street. Change for the Blue Line then get off at Firestone Station. Catch the 115 Bus west until you reach Garfield Road. The Hotel is on the corner of Firestone and Garfield.
Other trip Sep 23, 2012
"not a happy camper"
I couldn't believe a room called a suite would have a full size bed. We request extra pillows and where ignored. There idea of breakfast was coffee no juice donuts no fruit or pastry. I had a suite with a Jacuzzi in it and jets didn't work .
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2012
marlo
"nearly noiseless"
The neighborhood is really, really quiet, so much so that even without the fan on, I heard almost nothing. That is, until a fight erupted next door at 5:00 am. I don't know if the insulation between our rooms was thin, but the volume of the screaming was such that it might have penetrated lead... One suggestion: something healthier and more appetizing than donuts would have made breakfast more appealing.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
"Will not do it again."
I wished I would have noticed the reviews before I booked the room. I had a few issues with this hotel. First, they didn't have refrigerators in the room. When I called the day before to find out I was told that they only have 5 rooms with refigerators and they were all booked. Second, if you're planning on watching t.v. this is what they have: the local channels, 5 basic cable channels and 3 channels in spanish. 2 channels didn't work. We stayed 2 nights. On the second day I had to have the key card reprogrammed to get it to work. The bed was not comfortable and you only got 2 small, flat pillows. They do have high speed internet but you have to get a new code every 24 hrs. and only one computer at a time can use it. The final straw was this: I had injured my back on day 2 of my visit. My husband went to get extra pillows and they didn't have any! We were told that they would try and locate some and call us back but they never did. My husband had to put the extra towels in the pillow case so I can sleep. I do not recommend this place at all.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2012
Amara J.
"OK hotel (for a good price)"
Quite an OK hotel for a couple day's stay. Not far away from the main points of interests. Nothing special but everything you need. Very spacious rooms.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"Perfect location"
The hotel itself looks nice once inside the rooms it looks like a typical hotel nothing extraordinary. The girl at the desk was extremely helpful an sweet. The location is about two minutes from my job and a short walk to the movies and three places to eat. Overall I say I'll be back
1 night trip Jul 30, 2012
"Good place to sleep"
Very quiet area. Hotel room is very big. We didn't really spend that much time there as we were out all day. Overall, it did its job as a place to sleep.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
TO
"Nothing special here ..."
nothing special here. but it is ok if all your looking for is a place to sleep and your choices are limited. general room cleanliness was "ok", though the beds/pillows were a bit uncomfortable and the sheets blankets felt of poor quality. also, i took the sheets off and noticed the matress had some major stains. furniture in the room was in need of some minor repair. pool/jacuzzi are small and the continental breakfast is weak. this is understandably a 1-star hotel and was on the cheaper side. That being said, with what I paid, I was expecting somewhat better.
Other trip Jul 29, 2012
"TERRIBLE EMPLOYEES"
THIS WAS THE WORST GUESTHOUSE INN AND SWEETS!!!!!! TERRIBLE SERVICE, CULDNT GET THE PROPERTY TO FIX THE WI-FI AND COULDNT CHEEK IN TILL 4PM EVERYTHING WAS AWFUL ABOUT IT
1 night trip Jul 26, 2012
JESSICA
"exelente"
thank you for you services, i like so seeyou very soon, again .
2 night trip Jul 22, 2012
"Could be better"
For a one night stop on a business trip this place is ok. The toilet rocked, as in rocking chair, and the complimentary toiletries need improvement. Continental breakfast was a wax donut and something pretending to be juice.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2012