All hotels in LaVale, Maryland, United States of America
12310 Winchester Road SW, LaVale, MD, 21502, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.9
"Just Awful"
This hotel was was terrible. We were placed in a ground level room, which meant that it was directly off of the parking lot. When we got to the room, the door was open. We debated just leaving and going somewhere else, but it was already pretty late and we'd already paid so much for the room. Fortunately no one was squatting in the room as we'd feared, the door was just sticky and didn't close on its own. We could tell that the room used to be a smoking room, and it smelled awful. The microwave and mini-fridge were in the bathroom (how hygienic!) and there was only a shower, no tub, since we had been placed in a handicap room. The hotel as a whole just seemed very sketchy. I slept ok except for anytime I rolled over; the squeaking of the bed would wake me up. The pillow was terrible too and I had to go white water rafting the next day unable to turn my head to the right. My boyfriend barely slept at all because he felt like he had to keep one eye open all night long due to the sketchy nature of this place. Bottom line: spend the extra dollar and stay anywhere but here.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
Emma
"What a deal!"
Why does everyone rate this place so poorly? The staff was friendly and professional, the rooms were clean, well maintained, and stocked with amenities above the norm (microwave, fridge w/ icebox, etc), there were almost a hundred channels of cable, and the elevator to the third floor was fast, clean, and in good repair. We love this place so much we're making it a usual stop on our trips from Virginia to Ohio.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Excellent value for the price that I paid I was very pleased with the room!
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"great room for the price"
I was pleasantly surprised. For the price we paid the room was great. Spacious room, clean and front desk was friendly. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
sylvia
"A stop on the way...not to be made again."
In general we were not pleased with the appearance of the hotel. The picture made it look nicer than it is. Our non-smoking room smelled of smoke. Because of the smell of the room and the decreased appearance, we chose to take the bedspreads off of the beds and sleep on top of the sheets. We will not be returning.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
M White
"Not what I had hoped for"
This was actually one of the more expensive hotels I booked for our trip, and it was the worst of all of them. Wi-Fi constantly drop the connection. The floors in the hallway look disgusting. None of the exercise equipment worked. Dogs kept barking in the next room. I would not stay there again. I was very disappointed. Enjoyed some of the other cheaper hotels much better.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Very Dirty and it was stinking"
I booked this hotel for Non-smoking room, but I was given a smoking room. The toilet was very dirty. The lady in reception was co-operating though. Will never go again.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Pratanu
"Weekend Trip"
We were staying in the hotel for 2 nights. After 1 night we checked out because of not feeling safe staying at the Hotel. Plus the room, beds, bathroom was small and not cleaned after our first night. Not a hotel that I would stay at in the future.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
Mick
Just needed a place to stop and sleep. This hotel worked just fine for that. Close to a variety of stores if you forgot anything.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
Derek
"Will not go back there."
Lobby smelled like smoke. Access keys would not work Got new ones. They would not work either. Assistants very slow to help. Not impressed with free breakfast. Would have liked a coffee pot in room. Hand towel was used for bath pat. Soap was two little tiny cubes. Paid for what I got. :(
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
C
"Hotel was close to everything..."
It was OK.... The hotel could use a face lift. wasn't dirty in the room but wasn't clean in the halls and stairways. Outside needed a fresh coat of paint. Staff were okay. Breakfast was okay. Everything was okay. Cheap rate !!! So for the price it was okay....
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Ouch"
Bed gave me a sore neck
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
Doug C.
"met our needs for an inexpensive stay after races"
We were looking for an inexpensive place to crash after the races. Room was fine. Everything worked and it was clean. Wasn't much to the continental breakfast. Guessing we were too late, even though we were there an hour before it was over. Got our coffee there since no coffee pot in room. Didn't try the wi-fi, not sure if it worked.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Great hotel for the price!"
I was impressed with hotel room we stayed in. Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was also friendly. We would stay again if in the area.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"When you need a quickie get-a-way, good place."
Staff made the extra effort to make sure I was happy and was very pleasant. It's not a fancy place, and even shows some age but it was perfect for what we needed. We will be back.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2014
K and M
"Close to Applebee and Ponderosa"
Spent 2 nights. Very comfort beds and very reason rates. The hotel was book solid. No vacant room al least for 1 night maybe two. I didn't see the sign. My sister said that on Tuesday the 13 that it was full
2 night trip May 12, 2014
Ed
"Fast, Simple, Comfortable"
All staff courteous and helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable. Fast and simple check-in and check-out. Will definitely use again when visiting my children.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2014
"LaVale , Maryland"
Price was reasonable but room and bath could have been in better condition....good bed...clean sheets....shower curtain smelled to high heaven.....carpet very worn.....felt secure in the area....staff very friendly and helpful
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Good Midway stop on way to Mid-America"
I thought the room itself was great. However, the hotel offers people the opportunity to rent rooms by the week/month. Getting to my room on the third floor, I was welcomed by the pungent smell of smoke throughout the hall. Perhaps smoking/non-smoking rooms and guests versus occupants should all be on separate floors.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised!"
I booked this stay because it was CHEAP and even joked with my wife that I should take my own sheets because the place was less than $40/night. but when I arrived after a LONG day of work I was VERY impressed with the room. It was clean and much nicer than some places that I have stayed when spending twice as much as this one. This is going into my memory that when I am down here in LaVale I will be coming back here! Well worth the money.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
LorenD
"nice location"
Bed to soft and no a/c outlets avail but over bathroom sink.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"OK for the Price"
Our sheets had cigarette burns in them upon arrival. Afterwards no issue. The breakfast was lacking. Cereal, toast, a couple of pastries, and fruit were offered. There are other hotels in the area that are normally equal in price that have a full spread for breakfast.
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
"Close to interstate"
Hotel was alright for the price.had a good night sleep.Went elsewhere for tto get breakfast.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"good"
It's a OK hotel. They are very nice people that work there. The rooms could have been a little cleaner but other then that gr8 room for the price :)
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great stay, staff was wonderful!"
Every thing was clean and smelled fresh: lobby, hallway, elevator, room, bathroom, and breakfast room. Staff was exceptionally helpful.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"Overnight stay on my way to final destination"
It was a nice hotel for a quick overnight stay on the road. was worth the money I paid for.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
MMM
"Comfortable"
I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the bed was. The room and hallway smelled very dirty but upon my inspection, everything seemed clean. Not sure where the smell was from. I could defiantly smell smoke when a fellow patron was smoking by my room. (I was in a non-smoking room). The breakfast was less than thrilling. It was just cold cereal, fruit, milk and juice and bread for toast. Defiantly need more options.
5 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
Missy
Had a nice comfy sleep was only there for a night.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Curt
"one night stay"
the room could use an overhaul. the bedspread had quite a few burn holes in it. We didn't expect much for under 40 and that's what we got.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"EXCELLENT FOR CHEAP"
This hotel is an excellent choice if you would like to stay somewhere for a CHEAP price. For the cost of the hotel, it was very nice. Even though the hallways had a weird smell, the rooms were very cleam. I would reccommend anyone else to stay there.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Bri
"Pleasantly surprised -- manager resolved error"
Overall we really enjoyed it. At first I was a bit concerned because I booked a room with two double beds but when we arrived all they had left were rooms with 1 king size or 1 double bed which wouldn't do in our situation. So at the time I chose to rent another room which put me over budget. The night auditor took the time to ask me to explain the problem and she in turn explained it to the manager. The following morning the manager explained that the error was on their side and they refunded the second room I had to rent due to their error with the hotels.com booking system. The staff was very nice took the time to understand and instead of just letting it go and allowing the charges to go through, they corrected their error and owned up to it. Because of their honesty in doing business, and the superb comfort and cleanliness of this property I will be more than delighted to stay here again and again. I travel through that area very often and this will be my hotel of choice.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Ellen B
"The best of the "cheap" hotels"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on our way to Fallingwater house. Although the hallways smelled like smoke, the bedroom was perfectly smoke-free. We were really happy with how clean and modern the room was: flatscreen tv, fridge/microwave, and new sheets. Plus the shower pressure was excellent and the water was immediately hot and didn't run out. This is the best of the cheaper hotels we've stayed in, and we'd definitely return.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
Good price, quality room
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Richard Rutterrcrutter
"Location very near Frostburg Univ."
Perfect location for going between Frostburg and Cumberland. Very nice room and everything worked great. Nice breakfast for what you pay per night. Old hotel yet meets all your needs. Would stay there again!
3 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2014
"you get what you pay for"
This hotel is easy for me to get to with my work in Cumberland. It is cleaner than I thought it would be for $40 a night. Nothing fancy, average bed comfort, but really pretty clean and that is what matters most to me! I would consider staying here again for a night, while stuck in town to work. Applebee's and ponderosa just across the street, Local mall right up the hill.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
Tam
"Better than I expected"
clean room - good value except for the breakfast - was hardly anything
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Molly
There was a hair on the shower handle.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
"Not bad, but not great"
The room was very reasonably priced, not the prettiest but nothing to complain about. The staff was really friendly and extremely accommodating.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Saadiq
"Very nice overnight lodging"
We've stayed at Econolodge motels on many occasions and this was by far the best one we've ever stayed at. Very clean and comfortable accommodations.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
Robert Avsec
"I will stay again."
The staff was very nice. The hotel was close to a few shopping areas. I was very happy with this hotel and plan on staying again when we head out that way.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2014
"A great price for a convenient room"
We found the staff very friendly, the hotel easy to get in/out of, the room comfortable, and the location convenient.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Great price as nd nice clean room
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2014
jerry
"Excellent Eperience"
Very satisfied would stay there again, found lots of things to do, Room was clean breakfast was ok a continental breakfast. Overall excellentn experience
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
sreitmyer
ok place
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
kad
"Stale bread in breakfast"
During my breakfast I noticed that much of the bread provided by the hotel had already gone stale and mold could be found here and there. It was likely that I had already consumed some of the bread but the hotel would not agree to a refund of the room price. They instead only offered a $10 "compensation" because, according to them, it was already adequate to "fix the problem." I gather their theory is that I could use the money to buy the two of us our own breakfast, but that shows how little they care about their guests' experience of stay. I will never stay in this hotel again, and will question all other Econo Lodge locations. On a separate note, the Hotels.com team was subsequently very helpful and effective when responding to my complaint.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Overpriced Filthy Room!"
I went to Frostburg, Maryland with a few friends for homecoming October 26-27th 2013 and we decided to stay the night. Most hotels in the area were booked but we found a room at the Econolodge. Upon checking in, we went up to the room and we were greeted by an overwhelming odor of urine. The room felt damp. We were instantly disappointed. Needless to say we didn't stay in the room long before wanting to get back out and continue our festivities. At the end of the night, we returned to the room for a few hours of sleep where we discovered our beds were DIRTY! I pulled back the sheets and found massive amounts of hair in the sheets and on the pillows, beyond disgusting! There's no way the bedding had been washed. If it weren't 2:30 a.m. when we discovered this I would have called management and requested a different room. We should have done this in the beginning based on the urine smell. We ended up not sleeping under the covers but in our coats and we put our own clothes over the pillows so our skin wouldn't be in contact with the filthy bedding. I also saw a stink bug crawling on my pillow the next morning while I was getting ready to leave. Also, we noticed a jar of pickles and an empty pastry box at the end of the hall that stayed there all day and night who knows how long it was there before we got there. Overall, I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anybody. The room had clearly not been cleaned in God knows how long. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
Tashanna W
"My Stay At Econolodfge"
It was fine
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2013
was satisfactory
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"The Econolodge was great for our one night in Cumb"
The Econolodge was relaxed and comfortable. Thanks a million to the nice hotel staff who served breakfast at 5 instead of 6 to accommodate the anxious Iron Girl Triathletes who needed to get to Rocky Gap!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Filthy"
The room was filthy, both beds had hair on the sheets the blankets were stained and it smelled like smoke even though it was suppose to be a smoke free room. Horrible hotel.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013