All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Clean
"Nice Older Property"
The Casablanca reminded me of a classy European guest house. While the ground floor lobby is small, the main focus of the hotel is the well appointed and comfortable 2nd floor sitting room where the friendly and accommodating staff serves a continental breakfast and a daily wine and cheese reception from 5-8pm. There is always a nice choice of automated coffee drinks available. This space provides a civilized respite from the hustle and bustle of Times Squares, located 1/4 block from the front door of the hotel. My room, while small, was well appointed and comfortable. I enjoyed the nightly turn down service and chocolate on my pillow! One annoyance is the HVAC consists of a window A/C unit. While the bathrooms are modern, the plumbing isn't. There was no water one morning because of repairs being made to the plumbing. I went to my business meetings that day unshowered and unshaven. I asked for a significant adjustment to my bill and the apologetic front desk staff assured me they would speak to the General Manager. As of the day of my departure no adjustment had been made to my bill. The kind front desk clerk did offer me a bath robe, however for a business traveler who carries-on everything this was impractical. Upon my return home I did receive an email from the General Manager apologizing for my inconvenience. I would certainly consider staying at the Casablanca again when I have business in the neighborhood and if the price is right.
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2016
"hidden gem"
A real hidden treasure. I will not stay anywhere else in NYC going forward. Staff was wonderful, location was wonderful, hotel was a true boutique style. And the coffee machine! I want one for my house!
4 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2016
"Casablanca is a gem !"
It was an absolute pleasure to stay at the Casablanca. The staff were the friendliest and most service minded I have ever encountered.
3 night family trip Feb 11, 2016
kerstin
"nice location"
nice location
4 night business trip Feb 6, 2016
"Great hotel!"
This was the best New York hotel we have stayed at! The staff was wonderful! The room was big and comfortable! The wine and cheese and continental breakfast area was homey and welcoming!
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2016
"Staff, location & service couldn't be better!"
Staff helped determine best seating upon arrival purchasing tickets for the Holiday Spectacular show. They knew the show, where the best place to sit for the show dynamics/visual effects with seating charts - it was better to sit halfway back vs closer. It made the show experience perfect and was invaluable as closer would have not been able to see especially as I have neck issues and cannot turn my head much. The overall service was phenomenal, fast, pleasant, round the clock refreshments, breakfast and evening wine/cheese fantastic! I had the least expensive petit room 10 times better than stay at prior hotel used for last 5 years taken over by new ownership and did not like changes. Found this hotel through Trip Advisor rating and reviews. My only comment is I cannot believe it is ranked 3rd and not higher for midtown. Highly recommended and would return in an instant! Steps from Times Square, shopping and other restaurants if you wish. The morning I was leaving it was raining so relaxed in the lounge area which was comfortable, decorated for the holidays, lovely and relaxing. Immaculately clean, well-maintained, old-world charm and elegant. Worth more than a 4-star rating!
Other trip Dec 24, 2015
"Very enjoyable stay."
Was pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel was and how attentive and friendly the staff was. The room was immaculate and very well appointed. It was small but well laid out. I am tall so a queen sized bed would have been more comfortable but I was well aware that I would have a full sized bed in my choice. As a woman traveling alone on business I felt secure in both the hotel and the location.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Jean
"Right on Time Square!"
Small hotel with 48 rooms! The staff was amazing, the service out of this world and the hospitality top notch.
Other trip Dec 7, 2015
"Amazing location, service, and price!"
The location was amazing! The price was great! And the customer service was excellent! We really enjoyed the daily breakfast, wine, and cappuccino in Rick's Cafe. We will definitely stay at the Casablanca the next time we come back to NYC!
3 night romance trip Nov 30, 2015
Josh
"Boutique Hotel in NYV"
Super boutique hotel. Not as nice as their hotel in Budapest, but very nice. Service excellent.
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
Sil
"Fantastic oasis in the middle of it all"
Excellent service from the moment we stepped in the front door. Friendly helpful staff. All day, complimentary, refreshments on the 2nd floor. That included wine & cheese in the evening. It is right there dead center of times square so if that's where you want to be, there is no better place. This is NOT your run of the mill chain hotel. A truly unique experience.
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Todd
"Loved it!"
Mother/Daughter trip. Everyone at this hotel were outstanding, so accommodating. Of course because of price we had the petite room so it was small but it is NYC!! The breakfast and happy hour were awesome. Would definitely stay there again. I love the smaller hotel where they remember you.
3 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"GREAT HOTEL AT TIME SQUARE"
Small, cozy, this Hotel is the best finding in years. Quiet, excellent service, friendly staff! Breakfast is healthy and delicious! It is by the subway and just steps from Time Square. I strongly recommend it to anyone planning to visit NYC!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Fabulous little hotel"
Fantastic hotel, great location. Staff couldn't do enough to help. A great experience, we hope to stay again in future.
5 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Tracy
"Small But Classy"
They have earned their high ratings. Wonderful people. Great location. Small but classy.
7 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Don
"Wonderful find"
Nicest staff of any hotel anywhere! Rooms a bit snug but great shower.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Roslyn
"Fantastic!!!"
I took my wife to The Casablanca for a week for her 50th birthday. For the past 20 years I have traveled 5-10 times a year for business or pleasure. Without a doubt, The Casablanca Hotel was the best experience of my life. The staff's attention to detail was phenomenal. I was so impressed that I bought them all pastries to show my appreciation. Remarkable. I would recommend it to anyone. If I could give them a higher rating, I would.
7 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Perfectly located hotel with a lot of class and without the snottiness!
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Georgina
"Great Hotel close to Times square"
This hotel is a great choice for those who want to be very close to the times square area.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
scott
"Great Hotel - best service"
Very close to TSquare but I would say very quiet for its location. You are still Close to the action so there can still be some noise but I think that is going to be the way in most places in New York unless you're 20 stories up. The service and little perks are what makes this hotel stand out. Everyone is very attentive and always trying to go the extra mile. Really enjoyed coming to the lounge for happy hour on a few of the days for a glass of wine.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Ben
"Wonderful Experience"
Superior service and excellent accommodations. Rick's Cafe is a convenient, comfortable, and relaxing amenity unique to the Hotel Casablanca. Location is perfect for enjoying neighborhood restaurants, pubs, shopping, and of course, the theater. Highly recommended!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Judith
"Welcoming and convenient."
Our stay at Casablanca exceeded our expectations. Situated within easy walking distance of everything we wanted. Staff very welcoming and helpful, without exception. The light breakfast is well presented and the evening cheese and wine, was certainly a hit for us. The room was spacious with a very large bathroom, with all the amenities and towels to satisfy the fussiest of guests.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Urs
"Broadway visit"
Husband and I went to NYC to see our daughter debut in a Broadway play. The hotel was walking distance (a few blocks away) from Broadway theatres. and Times Square. The hotel had a lovely European flair to it, the room, the ambiance, the diversityof the staff who worked there. Hotel had a "café" on 2nd floor with coffee, tea, water and snacks available 24 hours, continental breakfast and happy hour. We loved all of this but we have to mention that the THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OF THE STAFF could not be beat. Highly recommend. Will stay again.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Jodi
"Great hotel near theatre"
Hotel staff was very accommodating. Complimentary breakfast was great and afternoon cookies and evening wine & cheese was an added bonus. Room was very nice size and laid out very well for a NYC hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Mort
"Relaxing!!"
The staff was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast bar and "happy hour" wine took the edge off of a long and stressful traveling day. Their fruit was fresh and delicious. Coffee was delicious and truthfully better than Starbucks. The rooms are small, but all places in New York especially near Times Square are small as space is at a premium. It is a little outdated, but the hotel is warm and cozy. Great place to see the ball drop on New Year's Eve.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Peaceful oasis in the heart of Times Square"
My husband and I went on a theater blitz--four plays in three days! It was so perfect to stay at the Casablanca for it's location, ambiance, and many amenities. A return trip is highly anticipated!
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Judith
"Family Trip"
Best Hotel in NYC for the money. From the minute you check in, to Rick's cafe to every time you leave or enter, to check out, a top class establishment. It is my new favorite hotel in NYC, and a must stay for everyone.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
jim
"AWESOME!! Highly recommended."
I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone. The staff was AWESOME. Very FRIENDLY and HELPFUL. Very convenient location. Within walking distance to many attractions. The room is comfortable for two but not anymore. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Very pleasing amenities. The continental breakfast is delicious. The wine and cheese apps. are great if you like wine. Enjoy your stay!!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Wonderful but for the temperature."
Cozy and very personal hotel with wonderful amenities and convenient location to Times Square activity. The room and bed were small but ok. The real problem was heat regulation. Room was very hot without a room thermostat. Ceiling fan helped but didn't solve the issue.
2 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Barrett
"Nice boutique and silent hotel at times square."
I love absolutely everything at this hotel. The silence in spite of the location very close to times square, the decoration, the happy hour at the saloon. The exquisite wine, coffee, biscuits and passes mouths at the happy hour. The beautiful decorations of the rooms. Walking distance from the theatre district, so you can easily go to the spectacles.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Lucia
"Convenient location near Times square"
Very clean sheets and towels and friendly hotel staff.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Loulou
"most hospitable"
This was the cleanest and most pleasant hotel I have ever experienced. I will definately go There again. Great location. Within walking distance of many theaters. The staff was so Accommodating. The hotel was very casual. Wine served every night with cheese and more.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"serenity in Times Square"
What a hotel should be; a treasure in the midst of Manhattan.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Rob
"great staff!"
the staff could not do enough for us. Thank you. facilities very clean, location excellent for proximity to Times, Square, Broadway theatres and excellent restaurants.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
tom
"Great Broadway small hotel."
Perfect spot for a Broadway get-a-way. Nice, small hotel with great Rick's Café open 24/7, offering breakfast and wine and cheese in the pm. Will stay again.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Good location and warm peoples"
First of all, Manhattan is smaller city than I expected. We can walk around many places to see. This hotel locates near Times Square, we felt safety because of the light and many people all day long. Concierges are really kind to us. I asked them to check if there are the seats of that night for Dizzy's club on the evening and they kindly inquired to the restaurant. I don't have much English skill, but I can't stop writing a comment for recommendation for them.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Shota
"Great location and great hotel!"
This was our Christmas gift to our two sons, to spend a weekend in NYC. The Casablanca proved to be an ideal choice of location for the Broadway show we went to see and a concert later in the weekend. We especially enjoyed the 2nd floor sitting area which was very cozy and had interesting books, chess and backgammon boards. Wonderful Continental breakfast which saved us at least $100 per day. The staff is very friendly and accommodating as well and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. Definitely recommend!
3 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Eileen
"Stayed 2 nights"
We really enjoyed this hotel. the location is excellent and the staff was very helpful. The staff helped us with getting tickets for the bus loops and tours. the cheese and wine at night was a nice touch. The elevator was a little scary as it jumped a bit but once you get used to it its ok. I would definitely stay here again. Great location and helpful staff makes this a must stay.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Perfect get away for former Manhattanties"
My husband and I are formerly from Manhattan and this is where we stay when we travel to NYC for business or family events. The hotel is perfect for our needs. It's a conveniently located, clean, well run establishment. I'm not certain it would work best for families or those in need of amenities, but it suited our needs perfectly and we will try and return here for future visits to NY.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Tea Girl
"Perfect Times Square Hotel"
The staff and service are excellent. Best thing is Rick's Cafe, a customer lounge on the second floor. Rick's is comfortable, warm and welcoming. Great place to gather for breakfast, wine and cheese before dinner, or tea in the afternoon (and all of this is included with the price of your room!).
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Alison
"Tiny Rooms for Tiny People"
We did not get the room we expected. The room we got was uncomfortably small and we had to walk sideways to get around. The bathroom was surprisingly small. We would not stay there again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Bee
"Yelp is wroNg!!!!"
We had an awful experience with expedia.com AND the hotel. They pointed fingers at each other and neither was a bit helpful!
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Bee
"Very Pleasant Time"
Centrally located, very clean, very pleasant and helpful staff, great snacks available all day, good breakfast and a wonderful espresso machine. Room is small yet comfortable and attractive but then it is NYC why would you be in your room. Great places to eat nearby like Junior's and Patzeria Family and Friends.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"good location"
rooms are very tired and need updating to be even close to the review others are giving
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Perfect Location & spotlessly clean."
This hotel is right around the corner from Times Square. Perfect location to walk anywhere. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. When we booked the trip we stated it was for my 50th birthday & a wine basket awaited upon check in. Thank you to the staff!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"You'll want to return."
A great location for those who attend theater and want to be close to mid 6th and 5th Avenues. While the neighborhood very busy, the hotel provides an exceptionally fine oasis. Good restaurants are close by.
3 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"Nice, but small..."
Almost everything about the Casablanca is really wonderful. It is a very laid back experience in the middle of noisy, busy Times Square. Caution: the rooms are very small. I reserved a room with two double beds for me and my two children. With the luggage in the room there was not much room to move around in. You are motivated to get out and do something. A time to relax is best enjoyed in their breakfast room. The bathrooms are also very small with no place to sit down (the toilet seats are cheesy plastic), but they do offer you a nice robe and slippers. Like almost every hotel I have ever been in there is no area with a mirror and lighted sufficiently to apply make-up. Overall though I really liked this hotel, its location and the staff is the bomb!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
MAtourist
"Oasis"
Great location, great staff, and, yes, an oasis from the hubbub of Times square. Breakfast and wine and cheese in the library was a very nice touch, and the service was exceptional!
Midwesterner
A boutique hotel within 100 feet of Times Square. The morning breakfasts were varied and delicious. The 5:00 to 7:30 wine and Cheese complementary presentation was an unexpected pleasure! We stayed 4 nights and were very satisfied!
"Thanks for the memories."
We experienced refreshing courtesy, professionalism, and comfort care. A unique treasured memory for our entire group.
3 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014