All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
147 W 43rd St, New York, NY, 10036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
    4.8
"Great location, an oasis in Times Square"
Very welcomed, enjoyed the wine and cheese from 5pm to 8pm, room was delightful, atmosphere spot on with lots of Casablanca themed touches. Nothing was too much trouble, they even charged my ipad for me on the last day when they stored my luggage prior to leaving. Chocolates on the pillows and the bed was like something out of the Princess and the Pea... minus the pea. Would come again.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
LJ
"Highly recommend"
Beautiful hotel with great service in a very convenient location especially for the theater district.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
"Great value for NYC"
Courteous host, very clean hotel and comfortable tea room. The room was very small, but we spent most of our time out in the city.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"In the "heart" of the city. A block from Broadway"
I have stayed here before and would stay here again.Near Times Square but quiet all night long. Love the lounge where breakfast is served and where there is a happy hour every night from 5-8pm (all included). The staff is is both professional and courteous. This is my "home away from home" while staying in NYC.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Linda Janke
other than the room safe didnt work- it was an enjoyable stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 26, 2014
robert fry
"Mother daughter weekend in the NYC!"
I couldn't have found a more perfect place to celebrate my daughter's upcoming wedding with a weekend in NYC at The Casablanca Hotel. The staff was extraordinary from the beginning to end. When I told the manager that my nieces and nephews were meeting us at the hotel at 6pm, he immediately invited them to join us at the complimentary wine and cheese reception in the second floor gathering rooms! We had such a great visit and the food was wonderful! The complimentary breakfast was an incredible spread and our room was adorable with all the amenities needed. Talk about location, location, location! Perfectly situated at the heart of Times Square and the theater district!
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Grammy Sue
"Perfection!"
There are not enough superlatives to describe this outstanding little hotel in the heart of Manhattan. Location, decor, comfort, staff & service, cleanliness, were all superb. It is an absolute gem of a hotel & I can't recommend it highly enough. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Casablanca & if I ever visit New York again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here. Thank you.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
S Scott
"Nice hotel in the heart of Times Square"
Really nice hotel, super nice staff. I would have given 5 stars, but our room was crazy hot. The "thermostat" on the wall didn't work so they needed to send a maintenance guy up in the middle of the night because I couldn't fall asleep. Other than that, all was good. I'd go back but make sure I corrected the heat BEFORE going to bed next time.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Very nice staff- excellent customer service. Only thing is rooms are on the small side.
4 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
"Close within walking distance to Times Square"
Overall excellent hotel .Brought my sound machine not realizing they had them at hotel for asking.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"What a great hotel and great people"
I am glad I selected this hotel instead of one of the chains. The staff could not have been more polite and helpful going so far as to all know my name as I came and went. The location could not have been more convenient and was quite easy to get around. Both the breakfast and wine and cheese receptions were very well done. As a frequent business traveler used to larger rooms the rooms here were small but very suitable for my needs. I will definitely stay here any time I need to be in New York.
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
"Ideal location for New York City weekend"
Surprisingly quiet for hotel right in the heart of Times Square; wonderful amenities; friendly staff. Could not have asked for more!
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"Great boutique hotel in a fantastic location"
Second time here and just as good. Nice sized rooms for New York hotel and a block from Times Square and close to Rockefeller center. Excellent breakfast and wine and cheese in luded in the room. Front desk staff were extremely helpful. Will return and becoming a favorite for us
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2013
Hotel stay pre booked about 6 months in advance . On the day we were due to leave the UK all flights were grounded due to severe weather conditions . We spoke with the hotel who were able to cancel our first night without charge and add an extra night to the end of our stay . Very welcoming, a haven from all the bustle of Times Square and the wine and cheese event daily was very civilised . Beautiful decor and very festive .
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Brilliant Hotel right in Times Square"
We found this hotel on Tripadvisor.It is in a great location right in Times Square. We are going to a concert at Carnegie Hall. Not to far to walk. Service A Plus as was the room.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2013
"excellent alternative in nyc"
Very quaint hotel in heart of times square. Outstanding service makes this an excellent alternative to the large mega hotels.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
"Cozy place just steps away from Times Square"
The Casablanca Hotel locates just steps away from Times Square. You can go anywhere in NY city by subway. Besides, it is only 10 to 15 minutes' walk from the hotel to Grand Central Station or theaters on Broadway. What I like most about this hotel is its cozy and at-home atmosphere. All the receptionists and the greeters were so friendly that I felt at ease and comfortable staying there. Also Rick's cafe on the 2nd floor serves you complimentary breakfast, coffee and cookies. You can use the cafe for talking, reading and relaxing yourself 24 hours a day. I really liked spending time at the cafe. You cannot expect a wonderful view from the window of the room. But I highly recommend that you stay at the Casablanca Hotel if you are looking for a heart-warming place.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Mika
"Great hotel close to Times Square."
We were there for the weekend. The hotel is lovely, the rooms are comfortable and elegant, the staff is friendly and welcoming, and the location can't be beat.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Great location. Great Hotel."
We could not have been more satisfied. The Casablanca is in the center of the action, but when you are inside the hotel, particularly Rick's Cafe, it is tranquil. Service is excellent. The Casablanca will always be our first choice.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Wonderful! My son and I enjoyed our stay immensely. What a lovely, peaceful oasis from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. Perfect. The breakfast and afternoon snacks were fantastic, also.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
The ONLY problem was with our air conditioner. We should have reported it to the staff sooner as they were understanding and attempted to assist. Our room was too warm overnight (the only time we were in the room). We would put the air con on and it would turn itself off before the room was cool. When we turned the temp. down it stayed on all night, making a constant humming noise. We found it impossible to find a comfortable, constant room temperature. All other aspects of our stay were perfect and your staff are absolutely wonderful.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"Comfy and convenient"
This is such a nice hotel. Immaculately clean, staff is very courteous and helpful, bed is comfortable, and bathroom and closet are spacious. Complimentary breakfast is a plus and they are very generous with afternoon wine and cheese. Just steps from Times Square and parking was was easy. I would definitely come back to Casablanca Hotel.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2013
Maureen
"Convenient location in Times Square"
It is an extremely clean and charming hotel. The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. Nice clientele. Nice amenities in hotel and room. I forgot my coat in the lobby and a hotel staff member (Francisco?) retrieved it and expediently sent it to my home address. I got it in 3 days. I usually stay at luxury hotels. I would definitely stay here again! Be aware of the narrow elevator.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Savvy traveler
"Room too noisy, warm, and humid."
Extremely noisy, street-side room, made worse by the old window-style AC that let in even more noise and was not effective.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Becky
"Room too noisy, warm, and humid."
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Becky
"Casablanca Hotel Manhattan"
My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the Casablanca hotel. This is our second stay and everything was impeccable: room, staff, location, amenities, lounge area and the price. My advice to anyone planning a stay is to simply stay in the least expensive room, if there are 2 of you. The base room and 1 bedroom King are essentially identical and you will waste your money. They claim the 1 bedroom is bigger, but it is not even noticeable and all amenities are the same. Overall, a great place to stay right in Manhattan.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2013
not really an hotel for single travellers imho
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Oussama
"A wonderful experience"
We stayed three nights over a weekend for our 45th anniversary. The Hotel although small had all the nice features. The staff all made you feel right at home. they were very friendly courteous and eager to please.The room was very clean and well kept every day with complimentary turndows and chocolates, It was also very quiet. They had a wonderful continental breakfast with wine and cheese in the afternoon, all inclusive. The " Ricks Cafe" lounge was well appointed and very comfortable allowing the guests to get to know each other ( only 45 rooms in the hotel0 The location is extraordinary, hust steps from Times Square and all the shows of Broadway. One block from the subway and all of the city. I would stay at the Casablanca again and again. It was more of a European type hotel. Most of my atays in New York have always been in the big hotels. The Casablanca has changed my mind.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Ray
"Nice location"
Staff was great and the motel is very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Love Casablanca!"
Great staff nice touches. Will gladly stay again with direct booking. Better rates and service.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2013
Mpelo
"LOVED IT!"
Felt like a bed and breakfast! Very friendly and helpful staff, cozy atmosphere, location was perfect.....when will stay at this hotel when we return to New York!
7 night trip Jul 29, 2013
Connie
"Our July 4th stay"
We went to NYC for the Macy's Fireworks. We decided to stay there for its great location and best of all freebies!!! Room was very nice, service was excellent!! I would hands down recommend this hotel to everyone I know!! Trust me they are all gonna know about it anyway!!
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
Josh
"Close to everything that we wanted to see"
Very pleased
5 night trip Jun 29, 2013
The Casablanca Hotel is a real gem, ideally located just off Times Square. Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming making guests feel at home. Ricks Bar offered a delicious buffet breakfast plus complimentary coffee and treats all day long and wine & cheese in the evening ! There is no restaurant but you can order in from the Diner and from Tonys Italian next door. My bedroom was spotlessly clean, nicely decorated with all the extras you'd expect in a top hotel - TV with a selection of movies, ipod dock, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. I thoroughly recommend the Casablanca and cant wait to return.
3 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
"Very nice."
All hotel staff was very friendly. Wine and Cheese in the evening was very inviting as was the morning breakfast. Much more than the usual motel breakfast spread. The atmosphere and staff really made for a very welcoming experience. Room was somewhat small, but it is in the middle of NYC. Not a big surprise.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013
gfs
"Best hotel just step from Broadway and everything!"
Terrific experience! Plan to book there again in near future! Excellent, professional and friendly clerks at desk. Polite, friendly servers for breakfast. Ample healthy choices of food for breakfast. Loved the 24 hour coffee/tea bar and fruit available upstairs. Very quiet hotel, but it's tucked in the middle of the City's action! The Best!
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Beautiful Decor, slight Middle-East Flavor"
Décor was great, room very nice. If you like Casablanca, or you like the Bogart=Bergman movie, this is the hotel for you. They have a nice Continental breakfast and a great (free) wine and cheese in the late afternoon.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2013
"Great location!"
All the amenities were great. Location is great. Staff was very nice and helpful.
5 night trip Apr 15, 2013
""Great Find Close to Times Square""
First visit to this lovely little spot in NYC. Quaint, charming, cozy find just a few steps from Times Square. Front desk staff exceptional. Helpful, friendly and informative. Rooms are small yet well laid out. Bathrooms are also small but very easy to utilize. Breakfast, snacks and cocktail hour are very well done.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Mimi
"Amazing Hotel in Times Square"
This hotel is a great place to stay while in the city. The breakfast is plentiful and the serving staff are amazing and very friendly/helpful. The wine and cheese reception every night is super fun and they even have live piano music. Overall this hotel is super fun and in a great location.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
"Exquisite Old School Charm"
I really enjoyed the lounge on the second floor that provides complimentary breakfast in the morning, wine and cheese in the evenings, and hors d'oeuvres throughout the day.
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2013
"Tops In Times Square"
Comfortable King bed, CLEAN room, Nice shower EXTREMELY friendly and courteous staff, convenient (walking distance) to theaters, MSG, good restaurants and tourist sites.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Bruce
"Wonderful for a solo female traveler"
I'm a solo female traveler who wanted a safe place to stay in Times Square near all of the Broadway shows. The Casablanca Hotel was the perfect place for me. Everyone treated me with the utmost courtesy, from the doorman who helped me with my luggage to the people at the reception desk. My room was quiet and immaculate, and the bed and pillows were heavenly. All of the shows that I attended were within a ten-minute walk from the hotel. Breakfast was included, and so was a wine-cheese-fruit reception every evening from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. I plan to stay at the Casablanca Hotel again when I'm in New York.
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
Cheryl
"100 feet from Times Square"
Great Location. Great Service. Well appointed bathroom. Comfortable double bed not Queen in my room. Virtually no work space and the room was small but no smaller than other cool boutique hotels that are literally a stone's throw from Broadway. I will be back.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2013
"Casablanca NYC"
I was more than impressed by the quality this hotel's services were. Free continental breakfast until 10:30 am on weeknights and til 11am on weekends. Free wine and cheese sampling from 5pm to 8pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Amazing people which is unexpected since I am a native new yorker and lived there for 11 years. This hotel is superb. It's not busy like most hotels either. A+ would stay here again.
3 night romance trip Mar 8, 2013
Lorin
"An oasis in Times Square"
The location is ideal for someone planning to see Broadway shows. Times Square is a stone's throw from the hotel, but once inside the hotel, Times Square seems but a distant memory. The staff is fantastic: friendly, courteous and helpful, and the daily breakfast buffet in Rick's Cafe is superb. I visit New York once or twice a year and, until now, I've stayed in different hotels almost every time. Casablanca will be my destination from now on.
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
Ron
"very much feeling at home"
very enjoyable
2 night trip Mar 5, 2013
"You can't beat this place"
As others have said, rooms are small, but this is New York. Otherwise, like being in a little inn. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast and happy hour wine and snacks are delightful. Wonderful in this day and age to find a hotel that is better because of its service not because of its logo. A true gem!
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
"Nothing but good things to say"
Smallish rooms, but most are in the heart of NY. Was a nice hotel for the $$. Very hospitable and convenient location.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2013
CC
This a great little hotel. It was clean, comfortable and the amenities really added value and created a great experience.
3 night business trip Feb 18, 2013