All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd. Kukulcan, Km 5.5, Lote 6-CZona Hotelera, CancunQROO77500Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Spring Break 2016"
We had a great stay. All inclusive is nice. All buffet food which is ok. 2 Restaurants require advance reservations. The Mexican Restauerant is ok, the Asian Restaurant is not worth it. And again it is buffet. Service overall was great, but lots of teenaged kids stay and play here.
3 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2016
My first stay in an all inclusive. Positives -- The hotel was nice, staff friendly and attentive, and facilities like pool/beech well maintained. Negatives -- Food was plentiful but very mediocre, even in reservation required restaurants. Lots of noise around mainpool, atrium/lobby, etc. They charge for wifi in room (which I don't really think is "all inclusive.")
4 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
"All inclusive at its best!"
Amazing resort! Absolutely recommend it!
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
Apostolos
Could of been better food drks room. Staff great tho
Other trip Jan 17, 2016
"Great Experience!"
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They had no more king beds so they pushed 2 dbls. together, inserted a wedge to close the gap and changed the linen for a king bed all while we were watching. It became a very spacious and comortable sleeping arrangement. I especially appreciated the care being given to everyone entering and leaving the resort. They kept a watchful eye on everyone leaving the property. The breakfast and dinner was good with many food options. The drinks were plentiful although they did not have name brands. The refrigerator and bar in the room was kept well stocked and always loaded with bottled water. The natives were always telling you not to drink their water The beach was clean and the activities entertaining. There is always room for improvement, but all in all, we had a wonferful anniversary getaway.
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
James & Pat
"Entertaining with very friendly staff!"
My boyfriend and I stayed at Riu Caribe for the weekend for our anniversary. We loved it! However, reception cheated us out of our junior suite by giving us a double room and pushing the beds together. Regardless, the view was beautiful and the room was very clean. Our first night, our room was not cleaned for almost the whole day. We had to call the front desk, but the room continued to get cleaned everyday after. The food was pretty good. We ate at Maria Margaritas and the steak was in my opinion, amazing! The drinks were good as well. Vincente from the Sports Bar was the best! The beach and pool are also very great and relaxing. The pool could use more music. There were several shows during the day and nighttime which was great. I do wish there were more things to do on site since the hotel is so far from everything. We also paid for our Wifi. The connection itself was not terrible but you needed to constantly sign into it.
Other trip Jan 15, 2016
Christy
Some of the staff was great! Entertainment crew were all wonderful friendly people who really worked hard to make sure you had a great time! The reservations for dinner were kind of a joke! You had to be in a certain place by 7 in the morning to get a reservation! I'm on vacation, let me call down from my room! They were always booked, but every night you walked by only about 1/3 full all night long! But the buffet was great, lots of food and they changed it up every night.
Other trip Jan 13, 2016
Trina
"Screwed by hotel and hotels.com"
The receptionist was rude. The reservation I made was for 2 but hotels.com said something happened to make it 1 and they now couldn't honor the original price and I had to pay almost another $300 more last minute
3 night romance trip Jan 5, 2016
Angelica
"Worst hotel in Cancun."
From a staff that is lackluster, food that is truly awful and a dirty hotel in many areas. Starting off the front desk people had trouble finding our reservation till they it became apparent that the room was under a different name. That took almost 20 minutes even when I gave them the confirmation to start. The pool tile and surround area looks dirty and worn out. Even the bartenders who in every other resort I have stayed where friendly and happy. Seem to just be going about work like it was an awful place to work. The food was terrible when we arrived for lunch. Most everything that was supposed to hot was cold. When trying to get into the signature restaurants we where told sorry nothing is open for three days. But when you would walk past the restaurant they would be half full. The buffet was lackluster and most of the food was bland to awful. At one point we ask the maid to change our bed sheets since they smelled and she gave us some serious attitude that she had just changed them. Till we offered to call the front desk and complain. When we finally got in to the 'steakhouse' which was really just a buffet restaurant during the day. the following was the menu. Some of the saddest tasting mozzarella cheese sticks followed by some sad shrimp in some sad cocktail sauce. With the main entree being a steak I would describe as coming from the oldest toughest bull they could find and cooked to shoe leather ( i ordered mine rare). WORST CANCUN HOTEL EVER
Other trip Jan 8, 2016
"Friendly hotel with beautiful pool and beach"
The staff at this place is very friendly and helpful. The decor is outdated. The food is good, and everything is kept very clean. The pools and beach areas are fabulous. This was my first all-inclusive experience, so I had a hard time learning the drill about booking restaurants and how to rotate where I ate so it didn't get too repetitive. My only problem was that the hot water was not hot. I did report it but didn't notice any change. I think it may have been that my room was the highest room in the place (nice upgrade though). You will notice people selling tourism services in the lobby and you will occasionally be approached at the beach and pool for sale of spa services, sunglasses, hats, etc. If you are looking for private isolation, this is not the right place for you. Also it is not a short walk to other restaurants and nightlife, so you need to take a taxi or bus. The entire facility has marble floors, so that was a bit tough on my back. There were activities planned every day for kids and adults - very fun options for all. There was a tendency for people to "reserve" beach chairs and not use them, but supposedly staff will remove the items if need be. It is more expensive to use a credit card to get pesos from their ATM than to use a debit card. We had a nice 4-day stay.
Other trip Jan 7, 2016
"Run Down and Broken"
This hotel is run down and in desperate need for repair.
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
RICARDO
"Wonderful staff. Poor Hygiene"
First the downers: Booked two rooms. One room had overflowing toilet upon check-in and the beach wasn't cleaned up daily. Same plastic bottles in bushes all week..not acceptable. Have lived and traveled all over Latin America so we're familiar with food do's and don'ts. Also Serve-Safe qualified. Unfortunately several dozen guests got sick from Christmas day dinner and this put a damper on remaining 4 days. After all, we were there to eat! Beach Bar also had no electricity for a day so no tropical drinks. Bummer. Positives: Outstanding staff who are super friendly. Just not enough of them. One waiter for the entire beach area each day meant slow to non-existent service. Wife said we'd go back. I had to pay for the bill and don't think we will.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
Troy
"Not so much!"
Lobby was hot. Drinks were watered down. Food was horrible!! We paid for a deluxe ocean view. We got a corner room facing houses. I called the front desk and was told there was nothing he could do. Roaches in the room. The staff was nice. That is the only positive!
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
"Very clean and Nice Hotel."
The Hotel is clean and in good condition. The staff was very polite and took care of all our needs. They even gave us a different room after check out time for half a day as our flight was in the evening at no charge with lunch and drinks. Over all we had a good experience. Even though we went during Christmas they managed everything well. Few thing i would point out is the alcohol was very diluted. Pools are ok, they need to be a little more cleaner.
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
P.J.
"Cancun Dec 2015"
We have changed the room three times for a 4 day staying which is too much. The room was not renovated as it was promised in description. The toilet was stopped after flushing even though we didn't throw any paper in toilet. It seems that they painted the room only and it is an old system in bathroom. The food was not in high quality four star level hotel.Number of chairs were not enough. i expected to get a better hotel for the money that I spent on hotel!
Other trip Jan 1, 2016
nasrin
"Nice hotel close to the port to go to Isla Mujeres"
Food and drinks are all included and you can bring them to your room if you want! Only one thing I didn't like was a guy at the front desk at night. His atitude was very rude and frastrated. Other staff were all friendly and nice! So total impression of this hotel is not bad though.
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
"Very comfortable"
Great hotel, excelent staff, delicious food, beautiful Beach, great amenities
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
Mau
"Nice hotel with good amenities but small rooms."
Hotel was good. We booked a junior suite thinking it would be more spacious as we had kids but we found that the suites were same size as double rooms and only had larger balconies. Other than that, overall the hotel and staff and quality of food and entertainment were awesome and will definitely recommend this to others.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
"Nice family vacation."
My family had a very good experience. Always something going on at the main pool with a more laid back atmosphere at the 2nd pool. Carlos (activity director) was fantastic. This young man and the other activity staff around him do not get paid enough.
Other trip Dec 25, 2015
Woody
"Nice hotel, great staff with beautiful view"
Everything was great. Could use stronger/colder air in rooms and wifi throughout the premises not just in the lobby. Staff was great and very friendly. Food was delicious and there was plenty offered to do and see!
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
chey11
"Not as expected"
We have stayed several times in Cancun, and we will not be staying here again. The majority of the staff did not ever exhibit the typical "customer first" attitude that we have become accustomed to at other properties in Cancun, even in the same hotel class. This started immediately on arrival with no greeting or assistance getting bags up the steps and to the front counter, no welcome drink, and no offer to show us and our bags to our room. In the room, we had a moldy smell in the bathroom. They did replace a burned out light bulb and fixed the clogged shower drain on request. The room was clean, but the beds were exrtemly hard, enough so that I had a sore hip every day as I'm a side sleeper. We did not ask for a new room, I did not feel up to the hassle, and was concerned that if granted we might get something worse. Reservations for dinner needed to be placed between 7am and 11am, so your first day assures that you only qualify for the buffet. How about just opening it up to first come first served as other properties do? Worst case you sit at the bar for a drink or two before dinner, or you go to another restaurant. This is our first and last Riu stay.
Other trip Dec 5, 2015
"Nice hotel at the beach... not fancy or cozy"
Fly direct - do not get connections in Miami or Dallas... Book transfer from airport to hotel before hand to get a 50% discount on USD 68 for taxi to hotel zone (USD 35 from hotel to airport). Hotel is good, staff is great, all well maintained all the time. I did not get astonished though, and I expected it.
Other trip Dec 2, 2015
Andre
Hotel near beach, activities listed are not the activities that you get to do - you have to take classes which cost money. No air conditioning except in immediate room. Only 1 place for breakfast and food is about half warm. Just very disappointed for honeymoon.
Other trip Nov 27, 2015
Angie
"waste money and time"
Walked in hotel 3 hrs later we got the room was double bed my husband and I walked back and showed that we booked deluxe king ocean view we paid for it they give us room was leaking water took them 3 rooms to get it right food was good the pool you have to be very early to have a spot lounge chair near the swimming pool man walked in our room while we're sleeping and asked if we request room services there are no locks for the doors so we had to put a chair behind the door , my husband and I worked hard to get the time off from work and spend that much money and it was nightmare
Other trip Nov 21, 2015
Tamara
"Love the location! Close to everything"
We loved it here. If you do not like to be tied down to the resort, this is the place to be. Resort is amazing, clean and food was great too.
Other trip Nov 13, 2015
Ruta and Jakub
"Good Entertainment"
This was our first trip to an all-inclusive resort. Did not get our room cleaned for a couple days. After we made it known at the front desk, room got cleaned in a timely manner. Food is OK. Not great. Entertainment team is the highlight of the hotel. Nice beach as well.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Sergey
"Riu"
Not as much to offer as the Rui cancun and location was not great for shopping or sight seeing. Our view of balcony was a 1/4 ocean and the rest ran down villas and the maint strip road
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
cj
"Nice clean hotel close to the beach ."
This is my 5 time staying in this hotel never bean disappointed. Recommend too everybody.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
"Please stay away from this hotel"
Arrived early try to ask check in early, can't do it. Have to wait pass 3 pm. Staff try to lie about the room. Upgrade to junior suite, end up with regular room. There is no point to upgrade room. The toilet keep flooded. Ask to change room, giving us hard time to do it. The lobby n elevator have no ac. Buffet food are terrible, nice servers. Front desk people are terribles.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
thang
"Terrible trip I lost 2 days of my trip"
They give me Two times an ocupied room My room have a lot of noises The toilet didnt work well They have bd service
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Not happy"
Employees at this hotel are trained to follow protocol. Anything slightly outside of their guidelines is met with an immediate no or confusion. Employees do not know what occurs in other areas of the hotel. There is clear miscommunication. We had regular issues with attitude and simply unwillingness to help. Breakfast closes at a certain hour, 30 minutes before the doors are shut and no one is allowed in. At the exact minute that breakfast ends the lights are turned off in the restaurant. There are 3 other restaurants you can reserve for between the hours of 7 and 11 am. We regularly attempted to reserve for these restaurants, only succeeding once. One night we entered the Asian restaurant and found over half the restaurant empty. When we asked why we couldn't get a reservation, the answer again was that protocol was for 14 guests to eat at the Sushi restaurant at a time. (With over half of the restaurant empty! At an all inclusive with hundreds of guests there). There was a spill in my hallway. A friend slipped. We called to have it cleaned 3 times. Still no one cleaned it until the following morning. We requested a late check out. We were told that protocol in the hotel was for guests with late checkouts to leave their luggage with the bellboy and shower in the Spa. We specifically asked if we had to take pool towels to the spa. After dragging our luggage through 2 flights of stairs and arriving at the Spa, they said towels were only for massage customers. No communication!
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Amazing hotel"
Really beautiful hotel right by the beach with amazing service and staff perfect for family and anyone from 1-100 years old. If you want an adventure you need to come to this resort.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Nice Hotel and Friendly Staff"
It was a wonderful experience. The hotel was very nice and well maintained. The employees were friendly and ready to help you whenever you need them. The restaurants have a wide variety of food and the fresh juices were delicious. If you coming single or as a couple or with your whole family there is always something fun to do inside and outside the hotel. It has different amenities for everybody. You can have WIFI even being on the beach. The water is crystal clear but the algae can be a problem in the mornings specially. Overall , i would certainly recommend this hotel to my friends. You would have a good experience. Have a nice trip!!!
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Natalia
"Highly Recommended"
Everything about our week's stay was excellent. Cynthia and Guiermo at the Front Desk were so accommodating. Paco in the Buffet Room for breakfast and lunch was fantastic. Christian on the beach taking drink orders was great. The beach is beautiful. The food was excellent and a diverse variety. Shower water pressure was great. Bus right out front costs $1.00. Only recommendation is to add music to the 24 hour Sports Bar. We had an awesome vacation.
7 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Overall the stay was amazing! Hotel, beach, and pool was fantastic, one thing I was not impressed with was the food. The food was not as great as I expected it to be, after a couple days we figured out what worked for us and what didn't. Drinks were so delicious, service was also amazing! I was really taken back by the ocean and its beauty, it's something like you've never seen, overall the trip was what we wanted and more!
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"OK but will not stay there again!"
The Hotel was OK.... The bad: Our biggest compliant was the lack of comfortable places to set in an air conditioned areas around the hotel...The lobby was very hot so if you want AC you have to stay in your room....our room has two chairs and the beds so sitting there for any length of time was not comfortable also TV channels in the room for English speaker were only 2! So our time out of the son was so boring! The hotel was very noisy everywhere! One of the pool was quitter but not by much...but also the rooms were not quite at all you can hear noise around the clock even on the 6th floor...can't imagine what is the noise level in the lower floors! The good: The beach is the best thing about this hotel....The water was very nice; some days there were sea-weeds but other days the water was very clean and the beach area was big enough not to feel very crowded. Food was OK....There was enough variety....buffet was better than the sit-down restaurants. Staff were nice and the hotel/room were clean! I read in reviews before going that nay room below the 5th floor will not be able to see the water due to palm trees.... and that was very true....I requested a room change and was accommodated but had to wait for the rooms to be cleaned. the view from the 6th floor great!
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Dalia
"Amazing Vacation at a great price!"
The hotel was showing a little wear and tear and if you are looking for 5 star accomodations you should look elsewhere. With that being said we highly recommend this hotel! The staff was over the top amazing so attentive and the recreation staff was without a doubt second to none. I would definitely return with my family without hesitation.
7 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Luis
"Cancun 2015"
My daughter and I had an awesome time! If you can get a corner room, the balcony is huge. Great views. Pool and Gulf are fantastic. Staff friendly and efficient
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Ane
"What happened to my reservation?"
They did not have my room ready when I check in even after having a reservation. They gave me a totally different room which was not clean. I had to go back the following day to make the change. WASTE OF TIME.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Best Hotel for family Vacation..!!!"
This vacation with was excellent, the hotel is perfect for families, kids plays very fun..!!! i recommend this hotel with all inclusive..!! thank you..!! from Waco, Tx.
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Sergio
"The beach is great and calm"
My next trip to Cancun I certainly will return to the Riu Caribe. Good attention, great beach, and location. The food was good.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
andres
"Nice older hotel in good location"
We stayed at this hotel from August 1-8! and for the most part enjoyed our stay. The hotel is definitely the oldest of the four different Riu resorts in Cancun. The hotel shows it's age but makes up for it with a nice pool and good stuff. Breakfast and lunch get old pretty quick but the nightly buffet wasn't too bad. Drinks were also pretty good for an all inclusive hotel . The beach and pool area were very nice, but be prepared to run down there at 7 AM to put your towels on a chair for the day . Other than that it's not bad for the price.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Nate
"Great Hotel, right on the beach."
Went on a family vacation. Hotel located right on the beach. Food was good. A la carte restaurants better than buffet. Only negative review is that there is no AC in the lobby. Staff was very attentive. Was there for my birthday, and got a nice birthday surprise in my room from staff. Overall, great hotel, would definitely go back.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
E. Gonzalez
"The staff at this hotel are unbelievable!!"
A personal shout out to Rene and Guillermo at the front desk. Never have I met such professional caring people. What an asset to this hotel. The service staff goes out of there way to make everyone happy. A personal thank you to Arturo and my sweet maid. All the smiling faces truly make this a great experience.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Tonya
"Beautiful resort"
Amazing beach, great food, clean rooms, just the entertainment would have been better
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Jonida
First time visitor to an all inclusive resort and used reviews such as these. It was a great experience with the staff being fantastic. I would definitely recommend Riu Caribe to others.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great Hotel for the money"
Stayed for 8 days and it was Amazing! Suggestion...bring bug spray for Mosquitos after it rains. Amazing all-inclusive resort!!!
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Lucas
"Decent hotel, excellent staff"
Hotel wait staff, bartenders, housekeeping were outstanding! Cheerful, attentive, courteous and hard working. These folks move about like busy bees. Hotel room was set at 68 degrees, the lowest setting, but temp was just cool, not as cool as I like it. Torrential rains resulted in a few leaks here and there, including our 4th floor room which seeped down from wall along top of sliding glass door, enough to create puddle across a third of the room. Sopped u with towels and discovered this was a know issue as towels had already been strategically place along the door, hidden by the drapes, but the towel was no match for the copious rain. It was no big deal to deal with. Drinks were at the ready and strong. Food was probably the biggest let down. Had a couple of delicious soups, but never had a fresh piece of bread. Desserts looked awesome but fell flat on flavor. Frothy smoothies, watery sour cream, watered down juices...basically dorm food quality, dressed up by lovely table settings and smartly dressed attendants. Restaurant food was better. Bar area seating was generous, but it was uncomfortably hot and humid...this hotel is open air. Elevators were sticky. Pool, beach and outdoor terraces were especially nice. Get up early if you want poolside chairs. Grounds are stunning and impeccably manicured. American hotel hospitality staff could take a few lessons from their outstanding service staff!
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
LAG
"Great hotel, awesome staff!"
I stayed here with 3 teen girls and we had the best time. It was clean, great view, great food and best staff ever!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Aileen
"Close to beach"
Food In speciality restaurants that are included in the all inclusive price are terrible The steakhouse, Mexican and sushi house all were terrible . The food was presented nicely but tasted bland and low quality The steakhouse felt as if the food was sitting on hot lamps for hours and served when we were ready to eat The buffet restaurant was great !!!! Cooked in front of you and great selection But I really would like to be served on vacation and not wait on buffet lines
Other trip Jun 14, 2015