All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd. Kukulcan, Km 5.5, Lote 6-C, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Cancun Thanksgiving week 2014"
Awesome all inclusive, food drinks and service were great, the entertaining crew so kind and attentive, the buffett was ridiculous good. I had a massage at the Spa and Rocio did an excellent job. Easy acess to public transportation (1 dollar bus fare). Cancun is safe, clean and beautiful. Will definitely be back
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Regina N
"room was not what I expected"
overall the staff is good the room was not ocean view as I expected the whole tell was not ready for me when I got there as for the request of expedia.not the most courtesy of people in the buffet. But would stay at this hotel again or another one of the Riu hotels that is more upgraded
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
kevin
The food had a lot of variety and the beach view was spectacular.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great place, great vibe, great service"
Been here five times. It's a very good value with pleasant service and amenities. The pools are great. The ocean is beautiful and not too rough. Short walking beach. We think the food choices are great. Riu knows how to please people. This is one of their older, smaller places but very nice.
"Very nice beach front Hotel"
My only negative comment is limited wi fi minutes to the guests and only in the lobby
Basem
"Great staff"
Awesone scape! Love Cancun, great service all the time and the rude in bus is fast.
Cuki
"3 night stay at Riu Caribe"
My stay was so so.. when i got there to check in Staff were friendly and polite. I had a reservation with 1 king bed with ocean view. The view was horrible that I was so disappointed that I asked to be reassigned another room. I went back and forth from room to the lobby 4 times till they finally gave me a good view. Food was okay but maybe because I have stayed at other resorts with more variety and great food. Drink options was not to my expectations that I had to leave the resort and stock up on better Tequila and Beer. I had only one alcoholic drink from the bar so for me, the All inclusive was not worth it at all. Honestly I would not stay here again, staff was friendly but unfortunately the resort is not worth what I payed. Everyone's experience varies but don't take my experience as everyone's experience the Riu Caribe.
Christian
"Great amenities, friendly staff, good location"
Lovely room and staff, not too many kids, good recommendations to outside bars
"Perfect Trip to Cancun"
This is my first time visiting Cancun yet second time staying with RIU Hotel. I really enjoy staying with RIU because I can rely on their standards wherever I go. My trip to Cancun was differently planned compared to typical Cancun trip. It was a quick getaway trip with my boyfriend for his birthday weekend (Thursday-Monday). Thus, it was quite short trip. However we still accomplished alot. I recommend everyone to do Jungle Tour! It is a mixture of riding speed boats (we get to drive them) and snorkeling. Cancun Beach is gorgeous and the sea water is so pure. I also recommend people to use a shared airport transportation. They are really helpful planning out the trip.
Christine
Some of the front desk staff lacked customer service skills. A simple smile goes a long way.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"awesome resort - amazing wedding"
the resort was great, we had a perfect room and view with a huge balcony. we celebrated our wedding here on 10/29/2014 and it went perfectly - our wedding coordinator was so lovely and made it so easy. the flowers were gorgeous - I was so very impressed. since we had 40 guests we had to purchase the caprice package - we received an 80 minute couples massage, and I received mani, pedi, and hair styled. the staff is fun and friendly - especially Ysreal, he was #1, he knew our names and was a total blast to be around (happy and jovial) and very attentive. our room had an amazingly large balcony that looked over the main pool and the entire view of the ocean. some of our guests seemed to have room issues but I don't blame the hotel at all - some people just aren't easily pleased.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Loved our time at Riu Caribe, and would love to go back sometime! I was treated very well and everyone was courteous and friendly, we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation/my birthday/my nephew's wedding at Riu Caribe!!
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Had a great time!"
Went to riu caribe for a wedding at the hotel. The hotel was very nice, room was clean, beds and pillows comfortable, ocean front view incredible, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The pools were very clean and the beach was easily accessible and there were plenty of lounge chairs.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Love this resort ."
I stayed for a week, everything is great , Eva is the best waitress while I was dining in the restaurant. Thank you very much .
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
james
"Great location, not as nice as other Riu's"
The hotel was nice, the staff very nice. We were in a room that shared a hallway with one other room. They started remodeling the other room two days into our stay. There was a lot of noise, strong odors, and people in and out. When we checked out at the end of our stay the clerk asked if we were happy. I told her not real and told her about the remodeling. She said we could have moved you. I said I really don't think we should have had to pack everything back up and move, then unpack while taking time out of our vacation to do this. My wife noticed was appeared to be mold growing in the ceiling of the closet while we were packing to leave.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Woody
Excellent beach, pools, and amenities (free paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling, etc.). Food and drinks were good and hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Restaurants were difficult to book (2 days in advance for the steak house and Chinese restaurant), but buffet always had good options. Recommend not staying on the 3rd floor (trees blocked view) open to the main lounge (very loud until 10pm when activities were going on in the first floor). Highly recommend and would definitely go back!!
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Kristen
It was amazing! Great customer service, staff, location, food.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Best vacation ever!!"
I went to vacation here to celebrate my birthday and my best friends birthday, which were a day apart. Both days while we were out of the room the staff came in and decorated our room and left us gifts on the bed. I have never had that experience at another hotel, it was greatly appreciated. Also the staff was beyond amazing. They took to us considering it was just us 2 girls, they wanted to make sure we were safe and were having fun! The food was so good and they switched up the buffet daily. This was the best vacation I have ever been on and I plan on coming back in the future :)
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Kristin
"Amazing"
I dnt have time to write a book. And speaking of book, I would recommend everyone to book here. You will not regret it. Best days of my life"
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
tony
Problem with my room at my arrival. I had to come back to the lobby thenpeeson of themloby laugh in front of me about my question food with an average taste.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Amazing hotel!!!"
Just returned from a family trip at the riu caribe. This was our seventh time in Mexico. This will be the hotel that we keep going back to from now on. It was an amazing resort with the most beautiful views. Beach is absolutely gorgeous with minimal waves. The only thing I can complain about are the beds. They are so uncomfortable and I had to purchase a massage just to make my back feel better. Also, the resort lacks a jacuzzi. Other than that, everything else was beyond expectation. I would highly recommend.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
michelle
"AMAZING!!!!!"
We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights the hotel it self is amazing. The drinks are great, buffet food is amazing. The staff is very friendly. The beach is beautiful and clean. The rooms are well maintained and very clean. Had no complaints what so ever. If you do excursions they will pick you up at the hotel which is a plus!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Silvia
"A week of great relaxation."
The place was clean and well kept. It can get A bit wiled around the pool. But it is fun to sit in the pool and watch.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
mike
We had an amazing time! The staff is awesome. The entertainment crew put on a great show. I give food a 10. Rooms are super clean. No complaints at all.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"6 days in August"
Be aware that the only air conditioned areas are some of the restaurants and your room. And if you want cold A/C don't stay in the rooms on the sides, stay in the main tower. Our first room, 481, was always hot. We asked for a cooler room. They showed us two. The only one that was any cooler was the main tower, room 330. Be aware that the pools are hot! I'm talking like a hot tub. We much preferred the cooler temps in the ocean which is beautiful! Besides the pool area is mainly for party people (not our scene). We tried every restaurant. Nothing special, but seafood was pretty good and the Mexican food items were the best choice in the main dining hall. Their attempt at American food, i.e. hamburgers, hot dogs are very bad! Previous reviews stated how friendly the staff was. We did not find that to be true. There was one girl at the front desk who was really nice. And the Asian restaurant had a very nice host, but the food was so so. Whatever you do, don't show up to dinner in any swim attire or tank tops. You will be turned away. It's kind of embarrassing. Wish were told this at check in. And the only time waitstaff were friendly were if we had left tips the night before. They don't forget! And if you don't like to party don't stay on a Saturday night. We were up till 1:30 because the Riu next to ours was having a DJ/party and it was so loud we could hear every song and everything the DJ said. Not good when you have to get up at 3AM to catch a flight
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Gayle
"One of the best hotel beaches in Cancun."
Excellent entertainment every night for the whole family to enjoy.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Dev
"Nice hotel close to the beach. Great pools"
The pool and beach games were fun! The staff were very friendly and kept the area clean. All hotel bars drinks we we good.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Ron
"Excellent all inclusive Hotel"
Excellent hotel and the staff was awesome! This was our first trip to Cancun and we will definetly come back to Riu Caribe.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Jody
"Excellent hotel with a gorgeous beach"
Excellent hotel, gorgeous beach, clean and calm water. Very relaxing. Delicious food. Every employee polite and courteous!!!!
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Gloria
"Great property and kid friendly..."
Had a fantastic time! The hotel staff is so awesome and the hotel is kept clean all the time. Rooms a tiny bit outdated but was perfect for the price. My only comment would be that we wished the pool stayed open longer than 7pm. It closed at 7pm to be cleaned and did not open again until the next morning. Food was great with lots of options and the resort was easy access to everything! Looking forward to next year...
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Very disappointed that the bartenders don't pay attention to the blue arm bands on minor children it got very old with them trying to serve alcohol to my 13 year old daughter
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
melanie
"Riu Caribe--Outstanding view, food very good."
We had trouble verifying our registration with the reception folks at Riu Caribe. Thought problem was at Expedia's end--it wasn't, they were very, very helpful in resolving our problem. Two days before we left, I was informed that Riu Caribe had not record of my registration and no rooms were reserved. When we arrived, it quickly became apparent that the problem was with reception handling of reservations. To their credit, the staff were very helpful in resolving our problem and even gave us an upgrade to a 9th floor room with an astounding view. Kudos to Alejandra and Alex for their help. Be warned, the lobby and rooms were warm--it was August in the tropics. Understood about lobby and elevators being uncomfortable, but room air conditioners did not seem able to cool properly in either room I booked. Plus ceiling fans were extremely noisy on high although they appeared new. Be aware that mattresses are very, very firm--some of my family was unable to sleep well on these mattresses. So if a very firm mattress is a problem, my suggestion would be to book elsewhere. Food in all locations was very good to all my family, but we are not terribly fussy about such things. Staff were superlative, especially Lenny in the steakhouse, La Graciata (spelling?). Overall we had a wonderful time.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Great experience!!!"
The hotel staff was helpful n friendly. I had an issue w my luggage n they took care of it. I would stay there again n recommended it to my friends.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
mercedes/arelis
"So-So... Lack of air and WIFI"
Came here on our honeymoon. We were expecting something amazing from looking at the pictures. The pictures must have been pre hurricane because the building is showing it's age. The lobby in NOT air conditioned. The only two places in the hotel that had central air were the guest rooms and the buffet. The lobby bars and sports bar were so-so as well. The staff was courteous, but not overly friendly. The elevators are horrendously slow. Like I could feel myself melting in the heat while waiting five minutes to get in the steamy elevator to go to my air conditioned room. The water pressure sucked, and the room itself was okay, nothing like the pictures. I wish I had known about the air conditioning and the building condition. I feel like I could have rented at another hotel for a similar price and received more basic amenities. Oh! And there is no WIFI in the rooms. Lobby only, and it's 90 minutes free every 24 hours.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"first time in Cancun"
family vacation hotel was nice staff is friendly food was amazing make sure you take tip money
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Perez family
The hotel was fine, a little run down and food options not so great! All self service, no al a carte option
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
donna
"Nice view , close the beach, food is excellent."
I love the hot weather, culture, food and relaxation in this trip. Hoping I will be back soon with friends and family.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Room was spacious, but mattresses too firm. Staff very friendly and accommodated all requests, except getting an iron that didn't leak all the water out the bottom was difficult. Plenty of food options and the buffet options changed daily. This is our 3rd RIU resort and probably our least favorite but still had a great time. The Entertainment staff were excellent!!
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
When we first checked in the room was smelly and dirty.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Will not be going back!"
The food was alful. Theres no AC in lobby. Pool temp was way too hot, however the beach access was close and it was beautiful. Rooms could definitely need updating. @check out I left keys in room and the staff expected me to go back upstairs to get key, I've never stayed at a hotel that asked me to do that. No room service available.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Yvonne and Pedro's wedding"
Had an amazing time with amazing people in paradise
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
sylvia
Very nice place, wished it was more food options rather than the same foods everyday. Room was supposed to be ocean view and we could barely see the ocean from all the palm trees and tropical plants everywhere!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
TM
"Great family time! Very boring entertainment!"
I am disappointed with the following areas: ** Pool and outside bars are closed by 6:00 PM ** No scheduled events, music, shows, or any type of entertainment on the garden/pool areas after 5:00 PM (Even the lighting is turned off on the garden/pool areas) ** Theater has good shows on Saturday and Sunday only. ** Specialty restaurants have very limited staff service and require 48 hours prior reservation. **No music is heard in the adult pool or pizza/bar areas throughout the day. **No dancing areas throughout the hotel at anytime.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Don Pedro
"Not what I was expecting"
The hotel was clean and the views are gorgeous. The staff in not very friendly or accommodating. I made a call to the front desk at 8:30 pm to request additional towels and wash clothes for the next morning and could not get anyone to answer the phone. I decided to wait until the next morning to call. When I called at 7:00 am I was told that I would have to call back after 8:00 when house keeping arrived. I expressed that we had a flight to catch and needed the towels and wash clothes now. I was told that my request seemed complicated and I would have to wait. The only friendly people were the taxi people out side and a waiter in the Steak Restaurant by the name of Joel. Paddle boards were suppose to be included however you had to pay $20.00 per person for a lesson. If we travel to Cancun in the future we will not be staying at this hotel.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Vacation 2014"
Our experience was great for it being our fist time in Cancun. Only thing is our room was too hot. We called to have it checked but no one came to check. We try to always stay at The RIU Hotels because of our previous experiences...
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Chave
"Great Family Vacation"
Been to this hotel 3 times so far, It is clean and well equipped. Staff is always wonderful to deal with. We have 4 kids, 5 yrs old to 14 yrs old. Hotel is perfect size for family. Food is very good. Beach is wonderful. One negative is WiFi was terrible and expensive. Hotel was remodeled and very nice inside. Tip your maid and your room will be spotless.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Family trip Summer 2014"
We were able to check-in early, in fact the hotel manager gave us a 2 bedroom suite when he saw that it was 4 of us and for the same price : ) The beach was beautiful, the pools were so nice and warm, clean, we were always able to find a hut right at the beach. We enjoyed watching the world cup matches with lots of people from many other countries. The food was excellent, many times the general buffet was a lot better than the specialty restaurants. The pool crowd got a little too loud and crazy by the swim up bar. Some times the entertainment activities like soccer, etc at the beach excluded younger kids, even teenagers, we didn't like that, we had a kid that was waiting just for that moment and then got rejected, because it was "adults only" The staff was nicer in previous visits to other hotels, but not too bad. Overall, we enjoyed our trip and definitely would come back, like I said, food was great!
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Johnny
"Very close to the beach!"
Had an amazing time with my love and friends, the hotel staff were friendly, received a massage right on the beach can I say that was to die for!
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
jazmin
The food was less than par. The buffet and restaurants were often closed so the only available option was the sports bar, which was worse. We didn't get our room on time and were told that the prior resident extended their stay. That was a bold faced lie. If you want to stay another day, your request is second to those who already have a reservation. Staff was very nice and we loved the bartenders. The pool bar area always seem to smell like vomit. I have no idea why since I never say anyone get sick, but it made us stay away. You get what you pay for, and this is a cheaper place compared to Iberostars etc. So, if you need to go on the cheap this place is for you.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Enjoyed Riu Caribe"
The hotel was nice and most of the staff were great especially Luis-activities, Antonio-Albatross restaraunt, Damacio-bartender, Jair-Best Day Activities. Hotel was clean, beach was nice but pool didn't remain open at night despite evening heat. Closed at 7pm for cleaning, etc. Elevators were little shaky but didn't get stuck. Spent six days, five nights and that was enough, inexpensive liquor and singular beer choice (Dos Equis) was tough. Crowd was a mix of young couples with children to 20-35 mix. Overall was nice but stop short of saying great.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014