All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd. Kukulcan, Km 5.5, Lote 6-CZona Hotelera, CancunQROO77500Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Nice hotel with great beach & location"
We traveled as a group of 8 (4 couples) to Riu Caribe in May 2015 & stayed for 1 week. Pros: Nice hotel with casual ambiance & unlimited wi-fi only the lobby. Spacious, clean room & a large shower with fully stocked refrigerator daily & a bar. Unlimited foods & drinks anywhere in the hotel (unlike the Park Royal Cozumel, they won't allow you to take food outside of the restaurant). Cons: We arrived @ 10:00 am on Saturday & asked the front desk that all of us could be together on the same floor, we waited for 5 hours (our rooms weren't ready until 3:00 pm) & only my sister, my brother in law, myself & my husband were on the same floor, my daughter & her boyfriend were on the 9th floor, our friends were in another building. Entertainment staffs need to engage with more people & not just a certain age group. Overall, I would recommend this resort any anyone, it's a great value for the money.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Perfect stay for a family with young kids"
The property was gorgeous, very nice calm water for little kids, good food choices for the family and pool area was awesome! We had no complaints. I do wish the entertainment was a little earlier (9:45pm on average). It was hard for kids to stay up that late.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
lindsey
"Good Hotel"
Good hotel to visit and relax while doing business. Enjoyed the opportunity to do a very early check in, however Riu Caribe did not give me equal room booking that was described by Hotels.com. Hotel room amenities was very basic. The room I was in was very cold as the a/c regulator seem not to be working although the hotel tried to fix it several times. On the up and up the food was very good and the neighbourhood was nice and easy access to everywhere.
3 night business trip May 25, 2015
Gregory
"Decent hotel for vacation"
The experience was very good and the hotel had everything we needed and wasn't far from shopping malls and restaurants. The only thing was that the buffet food was ok but the reserved restaurants in the hotel are terrible especially the Chinese one. We mostly ate the buffet or went out to eat. Overall an ok hotel with excellent service and nice beach but needs to work on the food.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Brandi
"Good hotel for a great price"
Large pool with daily activities, close to beach, wide variety of food choices. Always made sure I had a drink!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Lauren
"Beauriful and calm beach"
Pros: Our flight came in early and we arrived at the hotel around 7:30am. Although checkin time was 2pm, we were able to checkin right away and started to enjoy the facility while waiting for our room. The room has a mini bar and safe box free of charges. All the rooms at high level floors have beach views. I suggest requesting room from 5th floor up. Perfect location with calm beaches. Friendly staffs. Free wifi. Cons: Food and drinks are ok even though they have lots of variety. Day entertainments/activities need improvement. Overall: We are very satisfied and would recommend this hotel. Notes: We highly recommend the steak house restaurant. We also liked the Mexican restaurant. Asian restaurant is the worst. Food was soooo bad, we ended up finishing our diner at the buffet.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"GREAT LOCALE, BEAUTIFUL SCENERY."
LOVED HOTEL. FOOD BLAND AT MAIN BUFFET, BUT NOT TOO BAD. OTHER RESTAURANTS WERE DISAPPOINTING WITH BUFFET STYLE. MISREPRESENTED IN ADS. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT ON EVERY LEVEL. WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE. NO REGRETS. CLOSE TO SHOPPING AND AND NIGHT LIFE.
Other trip May 10, 2015
TIM
"this was our 2nd trip to the Riu Caribe."
The staff is wonderful, the food is very good. The pool and ocean are well kept.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"All you need in one location"
This is the second year we have gone to the Riu Caribe and once again, we had a great time. The 3 restaurants and buffet is delicious and the staff is very nice and friendly. The grounds and pool are kept beautifully and the beach is just steps away. The shows at night are very entertaining. Everything you need is right there. Can't wait to go back.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Kris
"Keep going back"
nice place lots to do good area, food gets a little old
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Randall
"Okay"
When we got to the hotel they could not find our reservations so I called Expedia. They found a room for us for a few nights and then we had to check back with the front desk to see if they finally found our reservation. We were supposed to have a "Deluxe Ocean View-All Inclusive-renovated room." We have stayed at this motel before and that was not a renovated room and not a "Deluxe Ocean View." The maid service was extremely good. Our fridge was filled daily with bottled water, etc. THe front desk service was not that great, but the rest of the service was stellar.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Sam
We were expecting more based on others reviews. Check in went well, but the hotel and rooms seemed to be run down when the info states recently renovated. The room smelled of mold. Hotel is all open air, but the room had a/c. The food was not good. Info on hotel said there was room service which there wasn't. Free lobby wifi didn't work. We checked out and moved hotels the next day.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
stacie
"Family and Sun"
Hotel was nice, staff was very friendly. Food and drinks good quality. Rooms were nice but doors were thin so you hear all the noise from the hallways and bar area. Tough to sleep with all the noise! Worst part was finding a chair at the pool or on the beech!! Way more people than seats so you must get up at sunrise and go save seats. Many seats were held by guest towels and no one sitting in them.... Very frustrating!!! One family had seats saved at each pool and on the beech.... And maybe used them a1/4 of the time- RUDE. I'd suggest giving each room assigned seats or something to ensure everyone who paid to stay gets a seat.....
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
wyo family man
"Nice Week in cancun"
had a good time - plenty to do at the resort for our needs. short cab rides to shopping. Rooms were clean, well stocked -drinks, and friendly staff. Fans in rooms were noisy and annoying but needed to keep room cool. would go there again
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
bob
"Nice Hotel with a great beach"
The food and service was great! The location was nice. We did not have any problems.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Paulina
"Cancun for 7 days"
The hotel and accommodation are very good, one recommendation is to stay away from working with BD Travel when booking any excursions.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
I was skeptical about booking any hotel in Cancun. But choosing Riu Caribe was a very good decision that I made on a friend's recommendation. Awesome views from the hotel and clean rooms, friendly staff and good food. Only the food at the Maria Margarita restaurant was a disappointment. Anyways, if anybody ia planning to go yo Cancun, Riu Caribe is worth considering.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"B E A U T I F U L ! ! !"
It Was Amazeballs!!!!!! It was Spring Break 2015 and OMG i loved it. It just felt nice having somewhere peaceful to lay my head to rest after the daily spring break madness. and its just $1 to town and to Oasis Cancun where the main party is constantly turnt.
5 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Chiamaka
Went with about 100 kids from school. we were definitely the majority of the college students there, but the resort was nice and welcomed us. lots of fun
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
The hotel is very clean with great staff and very good food
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
sherry
"Beautiful setting right on beach ! Staff excellent"
Antonio our breakfast lunch waiter SO EXCELLANT!! Beautiful white sand beach, pool excellent condition.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
fc
"Riu Caribe All Inclusive a great place to stay."
Pros:Beautiful beach, great service from employees, many activities, and room was clean & bright! Within walking distance of Isla Mujeres ferry! Con: WiFi was only free in the lobby area, not the rooms.
4 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Jeanne
"Good Basic Hotel"
The hotel was what I expected. The rooms are average with minimal amenities, but in a warm climate this is not much of an issue. Rooms were clean and the view was good. There are four liquor dispensers that are free. The resort has the typical activities. The beach was small in comparison with other resorts but was clean. Food was slightly above average.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
everett
We really liked the hotel, pool, and spa. Our room was very close to the lobby bar which was loud but didn't bother us too much. We were really happy with the size of our room, we had a huge king size bed and 2 full size beds and a small balcony. The food was good and the pizza place was great! We had fun at the pool and the service at the pool bar was speedy! There was also wait staff to serve you all day long and they were fast. All the staff was nice and seemed to be in a good mood. It was really fun to stay here.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
A
"Hard call"
I'm conflicted over if I would stay there again. It was my first all inclusive, so I very much liked not having to pay for every drink/ snack. The hotel staff was terrific, from the easy check-in with a pina colada served to the nice cleaning ladies and the friendly servers. The wifi is a bit of a joke, as every time I tried to use it on either my ipad or iphone, I had to go up to the desk and they had to do many clicks and reboots etc to get me on wifi - but again, the staff was very accommodating while doing this. The food was plentiful and varied, but many of the items tasted "funny", even eggs and sausage.. Our experience in the Mexican restaurant was that the food is the same as what we'd had at the buffet, but we did enjoy the quieter atmosphere in the Mexican restaurant. We didn't get to eat at the steak restaurant as planned, because I got sick on something that I'd eaten the day before! I do wish the buffet restaurant would restrict the attire. I felt some meals were a gathering of the trailer park crowd in cut offs and tank tops for both the men and women. Really?? That's fine for the outside dining by the pool, but I like to clean up after swimming and dine with other people who do the same. The noise on Saturday nights is VERY loud til midnight from a club near by. Tried to call the desk 3 x but no one ever answered - glad it wasn't a 911! And, would be nice if the crew took towels off lounges when they've sat empty for 2 hrs. After 10 am good luck!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Susie
"Hotel and Staff"
I thought the hotel was very nice and the staff was always friendly, welcoming, courteous, and prompt in tending to the needs of the guests. Everyone seemed to enjoy working there. The hotel and pool being close to the beach makes everything convenient. Enjoyed the entertainment inside the hotel.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Overall very pleasent"
I read a lot of reviews before booking this resort. Overall it was very comfortable and the staff was polite and accommodating. The only downside was that a bracelet I bought my wife was taken from our room which only she and I shared. It wasn't very expensive but she liked it and I had bought it on an excursion. After looking all over for it the next day I thought i should report it which I did. They really didn't want me to make an official report and I agreed because of the price. They did however say they would investigate and get back to us with the results. They never did get back to us. Bottom line is always use the safe that is provided if any of your items is worth keeping. We really did have a great time other than that.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
LeRoy
"Wonderful hotel with great staff"
I have stayed many times at the Riu Caribe. Obviously, I think it a great hotel with a wonderful staff. I fail to understand why the hotel is always rated lower than the other Riu properties in the area;even the higher priced ones. I just came back and I'll go again.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
MartyP
"Very nice hotel, steps from the beach!!"
Came here with my husband to celebrate valentines day.. Only stayed for 4 days and that wasn't enough. It's our second time staying at riu and the service and cleanliness of the place is superb!! I would have given it a 5 star but I wasn't too fond of the sports bar. The drinks were good but the food was not so great. So my advise is to please, reserve your dinner at the steak house/Chinese/ Mexican restaurant or don't miss the buffet... If you miss any of those, you are better off getting food outside the hotel. Oh, the walls are very thin. I'm a deep sleeper and it didn't bother me, but just know people can hear everything you do. Other than that, we definitely enjoyed our stay. Met some great people and the weather in February is just perfect!! I can't wait to come back to cancun and most likely will be staying at Riu again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
breeze
"wrong room"
We booked and paid for a ocean view deluxe room, we were given a regular room facing the road, we were very disappointed. Hotel pretty much ignored us when we complained. Would not give us a discount. The restaurants were closed when we got in,and the only place to get something to eat was from their 24 hour sports bar, they only had nachos and horrible sandwiches. They allowed guest to reserve chairs around the pool early in the mornings even though most of them were gone all day and didn't use them. So neither did anyone else.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
mj
"Cancun"
Beautiful accommodations, fun activities across the day with friendly staff. Food sort of ok, drinks were not the best!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Love the people!"
The hotel staff was amazing! Super friendly and fun!
April
"Do not stay here"
At check in, I asked the front desk lady that I liked a room on a high floor with ocean view, I got a room looking at the hotel dumpsters, I called to get a room change and I got an dirty room with pleople checked in, 3rd room was right above the bar at this point I gave up, Front Desk is the worst at this hotel, they have no sense of hospitality. I will not stay at this hotel again.
"Decent stay"
Hotel staff were nice, but it didn't smell all that great. Food at buffet was okay
5 night romance trip Feb 9, 2015
Chelsea
"Another Great Stay!"
Cancun is our absolute favorite place to visit, and this RIU resort is without a doubt our favorite! Returning, all the remaining staff remembered us by our names which was amazing considering how many people they meet. The hotel staff, service and attention to cleanliness are unmatched and surpass even the "better" hotels/resorts we have stayed at on our journeys. The daily selection of drink and food variety was wide, as well as the impeccable server attitude and customer focus. It remains an international favorite for those reasons alone, and the laid back environment is perfect for those who go to Cancun to experience it's tranquility, as well as its mecca of wonders. Best of all, the RIU nightly entertainment was SPECTACULAR!! The nighlty venues, artists and performers are a 10/10 in all areas, and so wonderfully talented and creative. I didn't think it was possible, but we enjoyed ourselves more this stay than the last!! Thank you RIU Caribe for another great stay!!!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
kaptainkoolg
"nice getaway"
this my second time here , the hotel changed apperence since last time I stayed here
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
carl
"birthday long weekend"
Great service, happy staff, clean room, fantastic!
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Melinda
"Ok place to stay"
Did not get to our hotel until midnight due to flight delays. We were given a basement room, no ocean view, no king size bed, and a shower that wouldn't drain! When I booked the room months in advance our room was supposed to be "guaranteed for late check in". We were moved to a seventh floor ocean front balcony room the next day. The hotel overall was very clean. Good food. Liked the buffets better than reservation restataunts. Beach was ok but we preferred the public beach down the road ( bluer in color and better waves ).
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
melanie
"The stay was very relaxing and enjoyable."
The hotel is very nice, the beach is great, lots of activities and food was better than I expected. You can stay busy with all of the activities or just relax. The Riu Caribe exceeded our expectations and the staff went above and beyond to make our vacation fabulous. I would recommend the Riu Caribe to all. We visited the Riu Cancun and had a few drinks and lunch another really nice property, I did like the Caribe property better. There are kids at the Caribe but the were pretty well behaved.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
colleen
Staff was fun, food wasn't bad, close to clubs, hotel was nice
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
My
The hotel was beautiful. The food and drinks were great! The activities and entertainment staff were awesome. Thanks Riu Caribe!
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
michelle
"New years celeb"
We stayed the week of new year's and the hotel had activities planned each night and a gala dinner and dancing the night of. We felt welcomed and among friends as the sports and entertainment staff is wonderfully friendly. Our room was cleaned and stock every morning, the buffet restaurant had plenty of variety and very delicious and the wait staff very attentive.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Nice hotel near the beach"
Good experience. Very clean. Not much variety in the buffet.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
B
"Go with low expectations to enjoy it more"
Similar to what the Most Interesting Man in the World would say... "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I like to have options." At the Riu Caribe you have NO options; the only beer available in the entire hotel is Dos Equis Lager. That's it! Not even their Amber version is available. The food at the restaurants is not bad, but my complain here has to do with their reservation system. You can't go to dinner to one of the 3 restaurants unless you have made a reservation. The problem here is that reservations are made 2 days in advance and only in person at the hotel from 7am to 11am (some people get up even earlier to stand in line for this). This means you won't be able to have dinner at any of the restaurants on your arrival date. The only option without reservation is the buffet restaurant. On the other hand, the pools and the beach are very nice and what I enjoyed the most. There is a Jacuzzi tub near the smaller pool on the south side. I recommend this spot as is almost empty and very relaxing. Regarding the hotel staff, Patty at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, but most staff at the hotel act very unmotivated. One day we didn't get our room cleaned despite the fact that we left the "Please Make Room" sign on the door for the entire day. I love Cancun, I have been there several times before and will continue to visit. But I don't think I will return to a Riu resort.
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Ricardo
A very bad experience. Will never stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Best resort, best value, best staff"
This hotel is amazing! The staff is ultra friendly and everyone speaks English. The food is incredible, especially in the specialty restaurants. Lots to always do including evening shows in the Calypso Theater and daily activities by the main pool. We loved our stay here and highly recommend it to anyone traveling with kids.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Make sure you ask for a room away from the foyer."
Positive points: Quite a bit going on - suited our teenage kids; close to beach; tennis courts. Negative points: Rooms above foyer are incredibly noisy (to be fair, we complained after the first night and we were moved to a much nicer room), normal rooms were not good quality compared to what we've had at similar price; the pool was not heated and really cold - we couldn't use the swim up bar all week - the water was far too cold to sit in; having to book the restaurants was very inconvenient - they weren't even particularly good and often had less than half occupancy anyway.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great staff and beach."
I have stayed in previous RIU locations in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Cancun and this is the best location yet. The staff is polite, friendly and eager to make your vacation a great experience. The staff at locations in Jamaica and DR focused more on European clients, not Americans and seemed like they had their hand out all the time. The entertainment staff at RIU Caribe went out of their way to engage adults and children in the daily activities. The beach at this location is much bigger than the RIU Las America's in Cancun. The only complaint I has was in the food selection. The lunch and dinner menus available at the buffet were very similar and and the specialty restaurant food was much better at the RIU Las America's.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Perfect Family Vacation"
Great holiday getaway for family with teens. Nice sandy beach, entertaining activities, pretty good food, enjoyable evening shows. To note: need to reserve beach chairs by 7:30am and make dinner reservations before 8am each morning.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Ithought lower all inclusive hotel."
This hotel was lower service quality. Wifi internet was not Free and really expensive cost!!! And many restaurants was bad service.We had reservation at restaurants, but almost restaurants were buffet style and bad services. Icouldn't think a all inclusive hotel.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015