All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
60 E 54th St, New York, NY, 10022, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
Great location. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Excellent, high quality breakfast and wine & cheese hours. FREE WI-FI the way it should be everywhere
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
ALLAN
"Enjoyed our stay!"
We visited NYC for just one night and enjoyed our stay at the Élysées. We were upgraded to a beautiful king suite. Breakfast was very good and all the rooms very comfortable. The staff was excellent, very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Hotel Elyseé: A Midtown Gem"
As always -- and we hope forever -- Hotel Elyseé is our go-to place when in the City. Chaming, cozy, convenient...
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Love this hotel."
Our favorite NYC hotel. Consistently excellent service!
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
Paladino
"Just perfect!"
This hotel is a jewel. Beautiful and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Great location and value!! The best hotel I've stayed at in NYC. I can't wait to visit again!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Monique
"Great weekend vacation"
The hotel was amazing. I would stay there again. The room was spacious and clean and comfortable. The hospitality room was great. The snacks and the meals were good. The neighborhood was nice because it was within walking distance of many things. It was amazing!!!
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great Service ....Very Old and Worn"
Location and service were outstanding but the hotel needs a total renovation
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Irwin
Bathrooms extremely small and elevator very slow, but overall great location and nice hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
william
"Welcoming for solo traveler"
I loved this hotel! Happy hour and breakfast was included in the rate - met many nice people at these functions. Since I was traveling solo, this was a nice feature. The hotel was very clean, the room and the bed was comfortable and the neighborhood was close to everything. The staff was very welcoming - I will definitely stay here again!
1 night trip May 24, 2015
"Hotel Elysee - May 2015"
May 2015 - we stayed here for three nights prior to our cruise. The hotel is in a fabulous location close to Central Park and all the 5th Avenue shops. The hotel staff were always very helpful, courteous. The hotel has a very old world charm and loads of character. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Philippa
"Best small hotel"
I've been staying at this hotel for many years. It is consistently good in every aspect. Only wish is that the bathrooms were bigger.
2 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
"A well kept secret in NYC"
We have stayed at this hotel many times, and love it. The location is fantastic. It is a little dated, but it has an old world feel to it which we love. The continental breakfast and afternoon wine bar are great features included in the price of the room. On this occasion, we happened to be there on a weekend instead of during the week. My overall Impression was that the service was inferior to what it has been during the week. The elevator is ridiculously slow, but we have always used the stairs anyway.
3 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Madeleine
"Classic boutique hotel with great history"
We have always wanted to stay at the Elysee and decided it was finally time AND we weren't disappointed. Right from the start, when we were upgraded to a suite, the experience was excellent. The suite was very large, quiet and comfortable (and well equipted). The staff was always present and helpful. They concurred with our choice for dinner across the street (Cellinis) and we were very satisfied. The very liberal and lengthy free wine and coffee in the lounge each evening was great and the staff had no concerns about us inviting friends not staying at the hotel to join us. Location is very good for walking, buses, cabs or the subway. This place has character and I would definitely stay there again and have already recommended it to friends.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Jack
"Excellent, friendly smaller NYC hotel"
We have become regulars here, based on the overall quality and location of the Élysee and particularly for its value given these factors. An excellent continental style breakfast in the morning and hosted wine and cheese every day from 5 to 8 pm add to the value for those so inclined. Staff is friendly in a sincere way and provides excellent service. Other guests are generally friendly, interesting and more mature age wise. Also there are free passes to the NY Sports Club, which is about 5 blocks away and fully equipped. Much preferred by the writer to the limited hotel fitness room. See you next time at this hotel when we are back in the Big Apple.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Outstanding Location & Friendly Staff!"
This hotel was great! The location was outstanding, the staff, friendly, helpful and accommodating! I would definitely stay here again and recommend to a friend!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Terrific boutique hotel in a great location."
Staff is excellent. European feel about this lovely place. Monkey Bar is added attraction. Felt pampered and well served in this historic hotel. Just recently discovered this gem, but it won't be the last time we stay here.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
We will definitely go back. Very pleasant experience.
Harry
"Charming hotel in the heart of midtown."
It was a special birthday, so we decided to spend a couple of nights in town. The Elysee is well located and the staff and service were terrific. Highly recommended, especially if you are tired of the ultra modern look of some of the newer hotels. The included breakfast was quite good, very much on par with European hotels. We would definitely return.
2 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
anita
"Midtown Mucho Gusto"
My wife had training for 4 days in midtown and I joined her for the preceeding weekend. Elysee is an absolute delight. Rooms were conmfortable, clean, and well-sized for NY. Service was attentive without being stuffy. And with perks like free wifi, an excellent continental breakfast spread and a very decent evening wine (including sparkling) and cheese every night, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more comfortable stay in that part of town for the price. Highly recommended.
5 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
we totally enjoyed our stay. Perfect location, outstanding service and amenities. We will definitely be back
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
lynnwat
Lovely hotel with great staff. Everyone greeted us by name every time they saw us. Loved the breakfast and evening snacks!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Tracey
"Just right!"
Convenient, clean and comfortable. Hotel staff and service are outstanding. Rooms a bit dated.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Patrick
"The place to stay in midtown."
This was my second stay in the hotel. It is well maintained and although my room was small, it was perfectly acceptable for my visit. The people at the reception desk are extremely friendly and service is exceptional. I had an issue with the heat control in my room and someone showed up not more than 5 minutes later and fixed the problem. There is a lovely breakfast served every morning which is included in the room rate and cocktails in the late afternoon. I can strongly recommend this hotel.
3 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
susan
"Beautiful hotel. Near to everything!"
The hotel is near to the most important things to do in NY. (MOMA, MET, Guggenheim, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, etc.) But maybe the most important is the hotel. It is an old nice building. Very comfortable, not noise, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The Staff is very helpful. I recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Tere
"A Boutique Gem in NY"
I have stayed in other boutique hotels in NY, and in general they were much nicer than large, institutional hotels. Hotel Elysee is in a particularly useful location, between Madison and Park, on 64th Street. Everyone working at the hotel seemed cheerful, without being obviously chirpy or pollyanna-ish. Despite that I had purchased my room in advance at a deeply discounted rate on Expedia, I was upgraded to a deluxe penthouse room. It was truly enormous (remember this is midtown NYC!) and had beautiful antique furniture. Reminded me of another upgrade received at Plaza Athenee many years ago! As I still remember that suite from so many years ago, I will not forget my palatial room at Elysee, at any time soon!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
D&L
"An Excellent choice in midtown."
Beautiful hotel in midtown east. It was perfectly located for our needs. The late night coffee/tea cookies in the 2nd floor salon was perfect for unwinding after a long day of running around the city in the below freezing cold. Every single staff person was lovely. While the breafast was very continental, the bagels, pastries, fruit, etc was all very fresh and the staff was delightful and accomodating . By New York standards are room was huge.
4 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Lauren
Good location.friendly staff.Enjoyed our stay ,would return
"Nice, but needs renovation."
Nice place, good location, but hotel needs a facelift. The single elevator is slow and rattles. The rooms are nice enough, clean and comfortable, but the furniture is a bit worn. I felt like I was in a bit of a time warp -- in a fine hotel in the 1990s.
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
David J
"Great Hotel in the Big City"
My husband and I loved the location, the size of the room and the club level experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend and will stay there the next time I visit the city.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Ellen
"Better than most in Midtown"
This is a perfectly suitable hotel for business travel. The service is great, breakfast is included, and the rooms are spacious. The windows in my room leaked a lot of noise so I woke up with the garbage men each morning, but frankly that is the case in just about every midtown hotel I stay in.
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"A quick trip to NYC!"
My wife and I took a quick trip to New York to see a play. We arrived in the late afternoon, and from the moment we stepped in the door, everyone we met was super helpful and kind. The complimentary happy hour was great and relaxing. The room was gorgeous, the bed so comfortable! And the complimentary breakfast was delicious! What can I say but perfection! Wonderful location, rooms were extremely clean and cozy, can't imagine why we would stay anywhere else in the future.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Patrick
"Unexpected midtown jewel"
Élysée is a little jewel in a very convenient location in the heart of midtown with easy access to restaurants, Fifth Ave shopping, MOMA, Rockefeller Center, taxis and the Subway. Comfortable and cozy with beautiful fresh flowers in the foyer, it feels like a private club - particularly with its furnishings , excellent service and living room with complimentary tea, coffee and wine and cheese at cocktail hour. Also features attractive restaurant with European feel and lively Monkey Bar. We stayed for four days and loved it !
4 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
joan k
"Great Place"
I feel like this is a hidden gem in New York. I stay here every chance I get. Sometimes they are booked, which is my only complaint. The staff is fantastic and I am not even related. The rooms are clean and each room is a little bit different, so I look forward to seeing which room I get next. Having the second floor with 24/7 coffee, tea and rolls etc makes for a great place to meet shareholders or clients to discuss business. Kyle
3 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Kyle
"Book the junior suite"
We spent two nights and enjoyed our stay immensely. We particularly liked the wine and hor d'oerves served nightly. It is situated in a great area and conveniently located.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Kathleen
"Very friendly, comfortable and convernient"
The only knock on the hotel is that our room was a little "tired" in terms of the furnishings, wallpaper etc. Other wise the Hotel exceeded our expectations in terms of comfort and convenience.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Great location, friendly staff, and comfortable room.
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Shawn
Fantastic quiet haven in great location. Room was comfortable and elegant. Only disappointment was tea/cookies/snacks -- stale Pepperridge Farm cookies and soft vegetables to be used for dipping. We slept thru breakfast but heard it was fine.
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
"Charming boutique hotel in ideal location"
Arrived early for our stay but was able to check into our room. Enjoyed the afternoon wine and cheese as well as the continental breakfast.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Jo Ann
When I had checked in, the staff prepared my room. Because, they found my tag with my suitcase. They are professional.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"NYC 12/14"
Excellent except that I was awake at 5am with sounds of garbage trucks.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"OK ROOM / SMALL BATHROOM / ONE ELEVATOR ?"
The room was fine, bathroom a bit small. You couldn't stand at the sink without closing the door first. At certian times the elevator is a disaster. I was on the 4th floor and when the elevator got to my floor , goin down, it was always " FULL." I waited three passes when trying to check out.
2 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"Nice area, good hotel, but noisy"
The hotel is a nice area is the nice and is confortable. Has a cozy atmosphere and has a good breakfast in the morning. They also have 2 pillow for options. My low review have 2 main reason: 1) I said that we were in the city to celebrate our anniversary and nothing was made or done, nothing even suggested even if I had to pay for - it was not a regular trip, we were celebrating our 5th anniversary there. And second my room was to the street and at 5o clock in the morning of my anniversary night there was a truck taking the garbage making impossible to sleep, no good acoustic isolation in the windows!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Daniela
"Lovely hotel, great location"
I would definitely stay here again, it was wonderful, that staff was very friendly and helpful. That being said, the hotel itself is in need of some renovation, the insulation in the windows need replacement and a chair in our room needed repair. Other than that minor detail, the guest only lounge on the second floor was great, breakfast was great and the Monkey Bar was very good as well. The hotel has a great location, close to Times Square, Central Park and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Highest recommendation!!"
Perfect location. Great staff, superb service.
4 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
Russ
"well located"
The location is great. Also, the fact that they have a good free breakfast and ord'oeuvres and wine after 5 pm makes this an attractive extra to stay here.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Lovely hotel in great location with breakfast and happy hour included in comfortable setting. Loved it.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Exceptional Manhattan retreat"
This hotel completely lived up to its high ratings on Expedia. The hotel staff is welcoming and helpful. The French flavor is charming, and it is lots of fun to be in a hotel where each room is unique and beautifully furnished. I did not count it as a negative that our view was of the building wall across the way because this is typical of Manhattan, and anyone visiting NYC is surely not going to be sitting in their room during the day looking out the window! The room was large, with a lovely, spacious bathroom, very clean and luxuriously comfortable. The piece de resistance is the 2nd floor lounge with an amazing, elegant breakfast buffet. You will not find hot food here, but you will find yogurt, cereal, beautiful fresh fruit, French pastries, bagels, hard boiled eggs, coffee bar, tea, juice, etc. This was more than sufficient to power us through 6 hours of US Open Tennis until it was time for a lunch break! Our weekend was too busy to be back at the hotel for the wine bar in the lounge in the evening, but we look forward to that on future visits.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
BCBGirl
Excellent service staff extremely polite and accommodating
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"A Midtown Gem"
We simply could not have chosen a better place to stay on our recent trip to NYC. From the friendliness of the staff to the comfort of our room, we were immensely impressed. The comfortable reception room offered all day beverage service and a delightful daily continental breakfast and lovely evening wine and cheese buffet at no additional charge to guests. We will definitely be staying here on our next visit.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Connie
"Great and close to midtown"
Great hotel from the moment of arrival to departure! Clean room, great service and 3 blocks from our favorite deli (Carnegie!) Will stay again next time in the city.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014