All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here60 E 54th St, New York, NY, 10022, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Great find in New York City"
The Hotel Elysee is a wonderful hotel smack in the middle of Manhattan. The staff are especially friendly and welcoming; they upgraded us as soon as we checked in. The room was spotless. They offer a large continental breakfast with fresh fruit and cereals and breads and pastries. Even the coffee is okay. Throughout the day this lounge is open and guests can partake of coffee and other food. Then at 5 p.m. they put out a spread with cheese, wine, and nuts, etc. It is near to subway stations and both the Madison Ave and the 5th Ave.buses. We will definitely retutn to te Elysee.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
anonymous
"Mid-town Business Trip"
This was my first time at Hotel Elysee, which I booked due to the proximity to my meeting. What a wonderful surprise. I was upgraded to a suite, which was fabulous. The breakfast room (and the free breakfast) were really great. I have already booked my next stay at Hotel Elysee, this time on a personal trip with my wife.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2014
"A Great Boutique Hotel in Midtown"
The Elysee has long been a favorite for business or pleasure visits to mid-Manhattan. Its recent renovation updated the facilities without changing the pleasant, quiet ambience of the hotel. Staff are attentive without being gushy or overbearing. The continental breakfast that is included in the daily rate is ample and interesting and there is coffee, tea, parties, etc. available 24/7 in the second floor lounge. In all, a (predictably) delightful experience.
2 night trip Feb 4, 2014
Joel Hodes
"Really nice"
Was upgraded to suite at no charge and wound up staying extra night. Suite is great, very classy place. The staff is super. Highest of ratings.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2014
"Excellent place to stay, Convenient location."
Service was very good, Room was fine, We found the queen-size bed too small for two people. Breakfast was superior. Would stay there again but get a king-size bed or two queen-sized beds. Hotel personnel were friendly and helpful.
3 night trip Dec 16, 2013
"Great hotel for the Christmas holidays"
Prime location in mid-town, close to Rockefeller Center, fifth avenue, St, Patrick's etc. Complimentary breakfast and wine and cheese in the evening helps you recover from shopping before venturing out again to see the sights.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
susan
Quiet hotel, close to Central Park, The Tree and Madison Ave. The rooms were large and the nicest amenity was the breakfast, coffee, tea and snacks all day long and wine and cheese pre dinner. Such a delight to return after a long day or night and be able to lounge in couches and have a drink and a snack. A delightful stay
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
karen
"Great location but wear your ear plugs!"
We loved this Hotel. the location is great, the hotel is lovely in a European, Old-World way. The daily Club Room offerings (breakfast, happy hour, etc) are a lovely touch--staffed with outstanding employees. The only negative of our trip was the street noise in our room at night. The Hotel staff sent up ear plugs and eye masks, which helped, but this is a definite aspect of this hotel's location.
4 night trip Dec 3, 2013
"Hotel Elysee treats you bad if you book on Expedia"
Rich, at front desk said, "you booked your suite through a 3rd party (I pre- paid in full $2,400 for 3 nights and we arrived in early December 2013) so we put a hold on $150 on your Credit card in case you max out your card shopping and don't have any money to pay your bill when you check out." Rich only told me of the "pending charge" after my credit card company sent me an alert of the charge. His coworker, Jordan, stood by agreeing. I asked Rich why he didn't tell me at check in to expect charges before I ever ordered any "incidental" items? Rich said it was company policy NOT to tell, but if any guests ask, then they will tell us. Absolutely NO transparency! We had a terrible room NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR and the view was the pits;and we're not allowed to change. We stayed at Elysee in September and had such a gorgeous king suite with a beautiful view that my wife and I decided to return in Dec. Well, on our last day there, we received a 6:00AM wake up call...ONLY...we did not ask for one!!! We had planned to sleep late that day! Then at check out, Rich tried to charge city tax to my credit card. His coworker kept saying, "it's only $2.50 per night." We showed them our Expedia receipt where it clearly stated, paid in advance for entire stay." So, they backed off! In essence, you'll get Poor service and an undesirable room if book on Expedia or another 3rd party; but excellent service and a lovely view if you pay more and book on the Hotel website.
Response by Hotel Elysee
Dear Bill, We are grateful for the opportunity to provide clarification. All of our guests receive the same level of service and check in procedures regardless of how they book their room. Check-in procedures are nearly universal in hotels. We had the pleasure of welcoming you twice. Your first stay was not pre-paid. Upon check in we authorized your card for room, tax, and $200.00 to cover incidentals. No charge was made, but AMEX took a hold at our request. This visit, you pre-paid room and tax through Expedia. Upon arrival we got approval for $150, for incidentals. Just like your previous stay, AMEX, put a hold on your card; no charge was made. Unused funds would be released upon check-out; however, the institution that issued the card might take a week to release it. I apologize this procedure wasn’t explained to you. When our new agent saw you stayed with us before, he mistakenly thought you understood. Thanks to your feedback, we will ensure everyone understands this practice. Rich explained this not only protects hotels but also travelers. The system of securing a hold has made it easier for guests to avail themselves of an express checkout. I’m sorry about the confusion regarding the tax. In NY there is a $2.00 Occupancy Tax per room per night. Most suites have a $4.00 tax for two rooms; however, the suite you stayed in had a third room, a kitchenette, the law dictates we collect $6.00, rather than $4.00. We will now set $6.00 as a default Occupancy Tax for suites and issue $2.00 refunds at check-out when necessary. We had no idea you were unhappy. We have updated your preferences to your profile for the future. We hope to welcome you back again.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
We really enjoyed this hotel! Loved the club lounge. The staff was excellent and very helpful.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
mandy
"good location"
I frose in my room that second night
2 night trip Nov 12, 2013
Lucien Rolland
"Not outstanding but not bad"
Hotel Elysee is a little worn around the edges but in a great location. And, by NY hotel standards, the room was much larger than most.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2013
the room was on the small side. it had two double beds. one queen would gave been better and made the room seem more spacious.
3 night business trip Oct 14, 2013
"First Class Hotel"
The excellent staff was extremely accomodating and did a early check-in. Second floor breakfast and evening cocktail hour was great for meeting guests and the Monkey Bar is lively and fun - good food as well.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Alan
"Romantic, Historic Hotel"
This historic hotel is elegant, classy, and charming, but live jazz and cocktails in the hotel's famous Monkey Bar take the cake. The rooms are spacious by New York standards (modern or old), and beautifully and luxuriously appointed. Excellent service is clearly valued-the staff are very polite and friendly. Free breakfast and wine/hors d'ouvres provided every day. Located in the heart of Midtown near all major attractions, there are several excellent restaurants located on the same block. Absolutely worth every penny.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Adrienne
Good, except that the air conditioner in the room was LOUD, so I did not get a good night's sleep.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Comfortable, good service, classic NY"
Perfect for what I was looking for - convenient,clean, comfortable, nice breakfast. A classic old NY hotel with a very nice staff.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"Exactly what I'd want for the price in NYC!"
Great staff. Comfortable room. Great mid-town location. Overall great for the price for sure!
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Ben
"Wonderful hotel"
My daughter had a procedure at a nearby hospital first thing Monday morning, and we needed a comfortable place to stay to do the prep the day before. The room was lovely and the staff were super attentive and accommodating. The breakfast/cocktails on the second floor was an added bonus, very nice. And it's a block away from MOMA, we even got in a surprise visit!
2 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Excellent location"
Decor a little outdated but still elegant and tasteful. Comfortable room with adjoining solarium. Very attentive and courteous staff. Beautiful lounge and library where breakfast is served and wine and cheese are offered in the evening.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Chantal
My stay at this hotel was fantastic and I will definately be staying again in the future.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Sabrina
"Peaceful island amid the hustle and bustle"
I'd probably walked by this hotel 100 times in the years I lived and worked nearby, but I had never know a single thing about it. Turns out it's a quiet throwback, a calm and restful sanctuary, literally just steps from some of the busiest sidewalks and streets of New York. I found my room comfortable, quiet, well appointed. Neither fancy nor homey, a nice in-between. A perfect base for getting out and about in Midtown, and retreating between meetings or shopping trips.
2 night business trip May 9, 2013
Biz Professor
"Charming Small Hotel in NY"
The Hotel Elysee is small, charming, and attentive to guests. Located on E. 54th near Madison, it is close to the Theater District, shopping, and Central Park and Museum Mile. Room rates include a daily breakfast bar and afternoon wine and canapes. The rooms are rather small (but typical for NY) and could use a little updating. But our king bed was really comfy, and we slept well. The staff members are great -- most polite, friendly, and efficient. The best testimony to the value of a stay at this European-style hotel is the number of guests you meet there who return year after year. We too shall return!
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Nice Weekend Getaway"
The Hotel Elysee is a very traditional type of hotel in that the hotel has that French flair and romantic touch that my wife loved. We had a JR Suite and the room was spacious. With a spacious room it feels a little like home since there is a sofa and two TV's. You can relax. The room was very clean and my wife got some valuable rest. There was no noise at all. Central Park was very close and like a lot of New York nothing was more than a $10 cab ride away.
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2013
"A gem in midtown"
The hotel was everything I hoped it would be and more. The room was quite spacious especially by New York standards. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast was wonderful, as was the evening reception. Yes, there's only one elevator but it's fast and we never waited long. All in all, a terrific place to stay.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
"A Diamond in the Rough!"
What a wonderful find. The service was some of the best we have ever had. The front desk was helpful and extremely courteous, as was all of the staff. The room was clean and lovely and a good size. Loved the location near Park Ave. across the street was an excellent Italian restaurant, Cellini. We will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
Buzz & Vee
most pleasant and comfortable
1 night trip Apr 7, 2013
"Feels like home away from home!"
We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and love the personal service and intimate feel. The desk staff could not be more helpful. Daily breakfast is bountiful, and evening wine and cheese is great way to meet other guests. Safe location. Comfortable rooms. Perfect for those who prefer warm surroundings vs. plastic and chrome efficiency.
Other trip Mar 28, 2013
Colleen
"Amazing staff and great location!"
Great stay - a hidden gem, boutique hotel. The staff was amazing. Requested housekeeping and they responded in minutes! Guest lounge on second floor was comfortable and offered plenty of good coffee, free breakfast and wine and cheese in the evenings. The bathroom of our King suite was a little smaller than expected but room was comfortable and included a lovely enclosed sun porch. Location was great. Free wifi. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
Very pleasant and helpful staff; quiet room, great location, good value. Cramped bathroom, leaky windows, substandard elevator service, light door security (no peephole or lock that allows the door to be partially opened)
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
"not a great place"
Just not a nice place. old and outdated Location is great but that's about it.
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
Alex
"Classy hotel"
The best hotel stay within the United States! From the moment we arrived, the staff couldn't do enough for us.
Other trip Mar 2, 2013
"Just perfect"
All I can say is that the positive reviews of this place are more than accurate!
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
"A great hotel for the price in Midtown- a sleeper"
I found this terrific hotel by doing a hotels.com search by location and price. I was skeptical that a $240 room in Midtown could be any good. This is my new best hotel for Midtown! Great people, decent rooms, well located, and included a real breakfast.The lounge was homey and well appointed. I would recommend this hotel for business and/or romance. Not a $500 a night room, but a great small hotel for value. I have paid much more for much less.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2013
Dennis
We totally enjoyed the experience. Staff was extraordinary in their service. Continental breakfast was great. Only complaint was there were no conveniently located electrical outlets in the room. Had to plug in phone to recharge in the bathroom.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2013
"Comfortable and cozy"
This is a nice European style hotel well located in Midtown. The service was very good - helpful an pleasant concierege. The breakfast and cocktail hour area being included is a big plus!
3 night trip Feb 15, 2013
This is a jewel box. European style, well appointed bedroom and bathroom. Great bkfst and late afternoon wine and cheese. Perfect shopping location.Favorable price for this quality in the very epicenter of Manhattan shopping and museum district. And then again, front rooms sunny but early morning noise and back rooms likely dark but less noise. Will definitely keep this hotel in my book.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
"Wondeful faded beauty with great staff"
One of the BEST hotel stays I have had in a long time. The staff are fabulously attentive and friendly without being too overwhelming. My room was quite spacious and very lovely. You can tell that a fairly long time ago the rooms were incredibly lush, and instead of being redecorated they have been allowed to fade a little with time. The result is EXTREMELY charming. I recommend it and I will return on my next stay in Manhattan.
2 night trip Jan 19, 2013
Lloyd
"Well located charming boutique hotel"
My sister and I had a lovely visit at this charming hotel. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was amazing and the room was very comfortable. We both will return to this hotel in the future.
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2013
"A great surprise!"
Very impressed with this Hotel as I didn't know what to expect. Main reason for staying initially was lack of bed bug reports and fair pricing on our overnight stay. The guys at the desk were pleasant and helpful with a good sense of humor and didn't give off the frat house vibe I was half expecting as I approached them. Rooms were better than expected however some of the bathroom grout and fixtures need some help. Continental breakfast was THE best I've ever experienced hands down. This place has the New York charm without the bedbugs. I'd much rather stay at a place like this over the boring Hilton's and Sheraton's any day. As long as prices don't go through the roof - I will definitely be back!
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
G.
"Perfect Location- Great for Business or Pleasure"
Charming, intimate, very European in feeling. Not your big convention style hotel which is a plus! If you demand the latest, greatest, and sleekest of hotel accommodations, this hotel is not for you. If you want quiet, personal attention, and the feeling of comfort and intimacy in the middle of the vibrancy of a fantastic NYC location, this hotel is for you. This hotel is a member of The Library group and having stayed at both, I prefer the Elysee.
Other trip Dec 9, 2012
Alexandra
"A Charmer-Would Stay Here Again"
Has a quiet, old-world feel to it. The staff was helpful in every respect. The rooms are a bit small as one would expect in an older building, but they were clean and nicely decorated. Every afternoon, they served something akin to a "tea" for the guests...a very nice touch.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
patrick
"Not bad to the discerning traveler"
Very European style hotel. A better restaurant on-site would've been nice. There is a deli across the street for quick bites though.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2012
Wonderful place to stay in NYC: location, accommodations, staff for price... We'll be back!
Other trip Oct 25, 2012
My husband & I recently enjoyed a 3 week holiday at The Elysee.The hotel has a warm and welcoming atmosphere & the staff were very helpful whenever we had a request.Our room was spacious and comfortable and because we were at the back of the hotel and on the 12th floor, we experienced no noise from the street. The Club Room was very much appreciated, with all day complimentary tea, coffee, fruit etc and we enjoyed the complimentary pre dinner drinks. The continental breakfast was consistently good. The hotel is well positioned to explore New York - about 10 mins walk to Central Park & with a subway close by. There are also plenty of good restaurants close by. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and we recommend the hotel highly.
Other trip Oct 18, 2012
"Great location and staff."
Love the breakfast and afternoon tea/wine and the homey second floor. Very friendly and helpful staff. super location and will definitely will visit again.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Jane
Absolutely loved everything about Hotel Elysee ! The clubhouse was a bonus ... with continental breakfasts that were amazing and the wine and cheese before supper !!
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
I loved staying at this great hotel. My overall experience was terrific, and the staff was really nice. My only tiny suggestion is that they make it easier to plug chargers into outlets (which are all on the floor behind furniture).
1 night trip Jul 22, 2012
Ted
"The Best Kept Secret in New York"
I was pleasantly surprised by how wonder the hotel and staff was. I intend to stay at that Hotel when ever I am in New York. It feels like home!
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2012
Very good. We came to N Y for theater but the location was too far from the theater district. Otherwise a wonderful experience. Walter and Diane Coffey
3 night trip Jun 14, 2012