All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Good internet service
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
  • Value
"Nice area, good hotel, but noisy"
The hotel is a nice area is the nice and is confortable. Has a cozy atmosphere and has a good breakfast in the morning. They also have 2 pillow for options. My low review have 2 main reason: 1) I said that we were in the city to celebrate our anniversary and nothing was made or done, nothing even suggested even if I had to pay for - it was not a regular trip, we were celebrating our 5th anniversary there. And second my room was to the street and at 5o clock in the morning of my anniversary night there was a truck taking the garbage making impossible to sleep, no good acoustic isolation in the windows!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Daniela
"Lovely hotel, great location"
I would definitely stay here again, it was wonderful, that staff was very friendly and helpful. That being said, the hotel itself is in need of some renovation, the insulation in the windows need replacement and a chair in our room needed repair. Other than that minor detail, the guest only lounge on the second floor was great, breakfast was great and the Monkey Bar was very good as well. The hotel has a great location, close to Times Square, Central Park and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Highest recommendation!!"
Perfect location. Great staff, superb service.
4 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
Russ
"well located"
The location is great. Also, the fact that they have a good free breakfast and ord'oeuvres and wine after 5 pm makes this an attractive extra to stay here.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Lovely hotel in great location with breakfast and happy hour included in comfortable setting. Loved it.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Exceptional Manhattan retreat"
This hotel completely lived up to its high ratings on Expedia. The hotel staff is welcoming and helpful. The French flavor is charming, and it is lots of fun to be in a hotel where each room is unique and beautifully furnished. I did not count it as a negative that our view was of the building wall across the way because this is typical of Manhattan, and anyone visiting NYC is surely not going to be sitting in their room during the day looking out the window! The room was large, with a lovely, spacious bathroom, very clean and luxuriously comfortable. The piece de resistance is the 2nd floor lounge with an amazing, elegant breakfast buffet. You will not find hot food here, but you will find yogurt, cereal, beautiful fresh fruit, French pastries, bagels, hard boiled eggs, coffee bar, tea, juice, etc. This was more than sufficient to power us through 6 hours of US Open Tennis until it was time for a lunch break! Our weekend was too busy to be back at the hotel for the wine bar in the lounge in the evening, but we look forward to that on future visits.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
BCBGirl
Excellent service staff extremely polite and accommodating
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"A Midtown Gem"
We simply could not have chosen a better place to stay on our recent trip to NYC. From the friendliness of the staff to the comfort of our room, we were immensely impressed. The comfortable reception room offered all day beverage service and a delightful daily continental breakfast and lovely evening wine and cheese buffet at no additional charge to guests. We will definitely be staying here on our next visit.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Connie
"Great and close to midtown"
Great hotel from the moment of arrival to departure! Clean room, great service and 3 blocks from our favorite deli (Carnegie!) Will stay again next time in the city.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
"Centrally located"
Very nice hotel. Liked the Club Room's hours. I would not want the room outside the elevator.
Trish
"hidden gem"
stayed here last five times i've been in new york. great hotel. staff friendly,room clean. second floor lounge with all day beverages, and complimentary wine and cheese and snacks in late afternoon. not to mention continental breakfast. only complaint was the unusually small bathroom.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
james
"Perfect Location"
Can not say enough positive things about this hotel and our 4 night stay in the city. Absolutely perfect location and staff and having Club Level access for the entire Hotel is a real plus. Will definitely stay at Hotel Elysee the next visit to New York and will recommend it to all going to the City.
4 night trip Jul 14, 2014
IL
"I Loved it all"
We stayed three nights and enjoyed everything about the hotel, its location, its staff and our room.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Traveler 2014
The best hotel I've ever visited in New York City. Highly recommended.
6 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Mike S.
"Quaint Convenience"
The location and ambiance are terrific. Hotel staff are super attentive and friendly. Only reason I didn't give it five stars is that they haven't updated the hotel for central air. The window unit kept the room comfortable but for the rates they charge I was surprised there was no central air.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"One of the real hotel/B&B's in the city"
As usual wonderful personnel, love the fact that it continues to look as if it was still in the '20's. We have stayed their previously, and continue to return.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Pete
"Wonderful staff"
The hotel was all that we could have asked for. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly and the room was wonderful. We live in a (tiny) apartment in NYC; so for us this room was a perfect size. We also had a balcony and it was joyous to sit outside and share a bottle of wine.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2014
"great location in Manhattan"
We loved the ambiance and staff. I have stayed at their sister property (the Giraffe) and I prefer this hotel even better and the Giraffe is one of my favorites. The breakfast service was great as well as the wine and cheese at night.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"great location in Manhattan"
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Get A Room at the Back"
The Hotel Elysee is a nice, European style hotel. Unfortunately, it's great location is marred by a popular bar next door. Our room was on the fourth floor right above the noisy music and even noisier customers who were extremely loud as they exited the joint in the wee hours of the morning. Minor nit-picks are a lack of counter space in the bath and the breakfast that is served in the lounge. Eating your cereal while sitting on a sofa and leaning over a coffee table is not the greatest experience. But it is complimentary, so probably shouldn't complain especially in NYC. Good stuff includes comfy bed, great location and very pleasant staff.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Leslee
"Ideal accommodations for a NYC get-away"
I appreciated the cheerful staff's responsiveness AND the amenities offered, namely the pleasant breakfast and relaxation/refreshment lounge on the second floor. Service was gracious and timely.
5 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2014
"New Favorite NYC Hotel!"
The Hotel Elysee is in a perfect location. The rooms are well appointed with a European flair. The breakfast and Club Room a welcome respite from the city crowds. Clientele is mature, respectful and quite. Staff is OUTSTANDING! A special thanks to Milton for a fast and helpful welcome. I will return and recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
Beth
Wonderful hotel everything was wonderful my only complaint would be that its a bit old fashioned
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Wonderful hotel!"
Our stay was really great! The hotel is in the perfect location and the staff could not be nicer or more accomodating. The breakfast is nice and the wine and cheese is lovely to come back to after a busy day. Would definitely stay here again.
4 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
Dawn
"oasis"
A gem in the center of Manhattan. Congratulations to management, they have hired first class caring people to make your stay first class.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
BZelin
"A lovely small hotel in midtown"
It was a very nice experience. I was greeted by name every time I either entered or left the hotel. The room rate included free wifi, breakfast and a happy hour each evening. Unfortunately was not able to make either so can't comment on how they are but very nice to have the option. There is also a wonderful bar and a restaurant ( did not try the latter). I thought that I had left something in the room (which I subsequently found) and called several days later. They checked and got right back to me which was impressive.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
Great small hotel. Would definitely stay there again!
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Excellent in every aspect!"
From the moment we stepped into the cozy elegant lobby--of course after having been greeted by two doorman--we knew it would be a positive experience! The front desk could not have been more efficient and friendly, and they helped us through the process of finding just the right restaurant. The clubroom serves all guests a wide variety of teas and coffees all day along with fruit and cookies. The "wine hour" is 3 hours long and boasts white and red wine and champagne accompanied by cheeses, vegies and other assorted nibbles. Continential Breakfast was nearly a full breakfast. All served in a beautiful environment consisting of numerous rooms and alcoves. The beds and bedding were comfortable--and the rooms were clean and welcoming. A wonderful experience and one that I'm sure we will repeat!
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Great find in New York City"
The Hotel Elysee is a wonderful hotel smack in the middle of Manhattan. The staff are especially friendly and welcoming; they upgraded us as soon as we checked in. The room was spotless. They offer a large continental breakfast with fresh fruit and cereals and breads and pastries. Even the coffee is okay. Throughout the day this lounge is open and guests can partake of coffee and other food. Then at 5 p.m. they put out a spread with cheese, wine, and nuts, etc. It is near to subway stations and both the Madison Ave and the 5th Ave.buses. We will definitely retutn to te Elysee.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
anonymous
"Mid-town Business Trip"
This was my first time at Hotel Elysee, which I booked due to the proximity to my meeting. What a wonderful surprise. I was upgraded to a suite, which was fabulous. The breakfast room (and the free breakfast) were really great. I have already booked my next stay at Hotel Elysee, this time on a personal trip with my wife.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2014
"A Great Boutique Hotel in Midtown"
The Elysee has long been a favorite for business or pleasure visits to mid-Manhattan. Its recent renovation updated the facilities without changing the pleasant, quiet ambience of the hotel. Staff are attentive without being gushy or overbearing. The continental breakfast that is included in the daily rate is ample and interesting and there is coffee, tea, parties, etc. available 24/7 in the second floor lounge. In all, a (predictably) delightful experience.
2 night trip Feb 4, 2014
Joel Hodes
"Really nice"
Was upgraded to suite at no charge and wound up staying extra night. Suite is great, very classy place. The staff is super. Highest of ratings.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2014
"Excellent place to stay, Convenient location."
Service was very good, Room was fine, We found the queen-size bed too small for two people. Breakfast was superior. Would stay there again but get a king-size bed or two queen-sized beds. Hotel personnel were friendly and helpful.
3 night trip Dec 16, 2013
"Great hotel for the Christmas holidays"
Prime location in mid-town, close to Rockefeller Center, fifth avenue, St, Patrick's etc. Complimentary breakfast and wine and cheese in the evening helps you recover from shopping before venturing out again to see the sights.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
susan
Quiet hotel, close to Central Park, The Tree and Madison Ave. The rooms were large and the nicest amenity was the breakfast, coffee, tea and snacks all day long and wine and cheese pre dinner. Such a delight to return after a long day or night and be able to lounge in couches and have a drink and a snack. A delightful stay
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
karen
"Great location but wear your ear plugs!"
We loved this Hotel. the location is great, the hotel is lovely in a European, Old-World way. The daily Club Room offerings (breakfast, happy hour, etc) are a lovely touch--staffed with outstanding employees. The only negative of our trip was the street noise in our room at night. The Hotel staff sent up ear plugs and eye masks, which helped, but this is a definite aspect of this hotel's location.
4 night trip Dec 3, 2013
"Hotel Elysee treats you bad if you book on Expedia"
Rich, at front desk said, "you booked your suite through a 3rd party (I pre- paid in full $2,400 for 3 nights and we arrived in early December 2013) so we put a hold on $150 on your Credit card in case you max out your card shopping and don't have any money to pay your bill when you check out." Rich only told me of the "pending charge" after my credit card company sent me an alert of the charge. His coworker, Jordan, stood by agreeing. I asked Rich why he didn't tell me at check in to expect charges before I ever ordered any "incidental" items? Rich said it was company policy NOT to tell, but if any guests ask, then they will tell us. Absolutely NO transparency! We had a terrible room NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR and the view was the pits;and we're not allowed to change. We stayed at Elysee in September and had such a gorgeous king suite with a beautiful view that my wife and I decided to return in Dec. Well, on our last day there, we received a 6:00AM wake up call...ONLY...we did not ask for one!!! We had planned to sleep late that day! Then at check out, Rich tried to charge city tax to my credit card. His coworker kept saying, "it's only $2.50 per night." We showed them our Expedia receipt where it clearly stated, paid in advance for entire stay." So, they backed off! In essence, you'll get Poor service and an undesirable room if book on Expedia or another 3rd party; but excellent service and a lovely view if you pay more and book on the Hotel website.
Response by Hotel Elysee
Dear Bill, We are grateful for the opportunity to provide clarification. All of our guests receive the same level of service and check in procedures regardless of how they book their room. Check-in procedures are nearly universal in hotels. We had the pleasure of welcoming you twice. Your first stay was not pre-paid. Upon check in we authorized your card for room, tax, and $200.00 to cover incidentals. No charge was made, but AMEX took a hold at our request. This visit, you pre-paid room and tax through Expedia. Upon arrival we got approval for $150, for incidentals. Just like your previous stay, AMEX, put a hold on your card; no charge was made. Unused funds would be released upon check-out; however, the institution that issued the card might take a week to release it. I apologize this procedure wasn’t explained to you. When our new agent saw you stayed with us before, he mistakenly thought you understood. Thanks to your feedback, we will ensure everyone understands this practice. Rich explained this not only protects hotels but also travelers. The system of securing a hold has made it easier for guests to avail themselves of an express checkout. I’m sorry about the confusion regarding the tax. In NY there is a $2.00 Occupancy Tax per room per night. Most suites have a $4.00 tax for two rooms; however, the suite you stayed in had a third room, a kitchenette, the law dictates we collect $6.00, rather than $4.00. We will now set $6.00 as a default Occupancy Tax for suites and issue $2.00 refunds at check-out when necessary. We had no idea you were unhappy. We have updated your preferences to your profile for the future. We hope to welcome you back again.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
We really enjoyed this hotel! Loved the club lounge. The staff was excellent and very helpful.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
mandy
"good location"
I frose in my room that second night
2 night trip Nov 12, 2013
Lucien Rolland
"Not outstanding but not bad"
Hotel Elysee is a little worn around the edges but in a great location. And, by NY hotel standards, the room was much larger than most.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2013
the room was on the small side. it had two double beds. one queen would gave been better and made the room seem more spacious.
3 night business trip Oct 14, 2013
"First Class Hotel"
The excellent staff was extremely accomodating and did a early check-in. Second floor breakfast and evening cocktail hour was great for meeting guests and the Monkey Bar is lively and fun - good food as well.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Alan
"Romantic, Historic Hotel"
This historic hotel is elegant, classy, and charming, but live jazz and cocktails in the hotel's famous Monkey Bar take the cake. The rooms are spacious by New York standards (modern or old), and beautifully and luxuriously appointed. Excellent service is clearly valued-the staff are very polite and friendly. Free breakfast and wine/hors d'ouvres provided every day. Located in the heart of Midtown near all major attractions, there are several excellent restaurants located on the same block. Absolutely worth every penny.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Adrienne
Good, except that the air conditioner in the room was LOUD, so I did not get a good night's sleep.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Comfortable, good service, classic NY"
Perfect for what I was looking for - convenient,clean, comfortable, nice breakfast. A classic old NY hotel with a very nice staff.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"Exactly what I'd want for the price in NYC!"
Great staff. Comfortable room. Great mid-town location. Overall great for the price for sure!
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Ben
"Wonderful hotel"
My daughter had a procedure at a nearby hospital first thing Monday morning, and we needed a comfortable place to stay to do the prep the day before. The room was lovely and the staff were super attentive and accommodating. The breakfast/cocktails on the second floor was an added bonus, very nice. And it's a block away from MOMA, we even got in a surprise visit!
2 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Excellent location"
Decor a little outdated but still elegant and tasteful. Comfortable room with adjoining solarium. Very attentive and courteous staff. Beautiful lounge and library where breakfast is served and wine and cheese are offered in the evening.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Chantal
My stay at this hotel was fantastic and I will definately be staying again in the future.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Sabrina
"Peaceful island amid the hustle and bustle"
I'd probably walked by this hotel 100 times in the years I lived and worked nearby, but I had never know a single thing about it. Turns out it's a quiet throwback, a calm and restful sanctuary, literally just steps from some of the busiest sidewalks and streets of New York. I found my room comfortable, quiet, well appointed. Neither fancy nor homey, a nice in-between. A perfect base for getting out and about in Midtown, and retreating between meetings or shopping trips.
2 night business trip May 9, 2013