All hotels in Yarralumla, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Commonwealth Avenue, Yarralumla, ACT, 2600, Australia, ‏‎866-539-8122

4.8

"Enjoyed my stay immensely, always do !"
Had the pleasure at staying at the Hyatt last week . Overall my stay was OUTSTANDING . I don't normally order room service however I did this time and my meal was amazing , so good in fact I had the same the following night ! I ordered the prawn and seafood tagliatelle ... So tasteful. THANkyOU Hyatt team you really excellent yourselves . Trish
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
Trish
"Grand old dame of Canberra"
Family gathering for a special birthday. 12 of us sat for high tea. It was brilliant. Staff so obliging, all requests met with efficiency and smiles. First room had noisy plumbing so we were moved to a quiet balcony room. An excellent two day stay. A gracious hotel
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
veronica
"A very nice experience"
We spent one night at the Hyatt for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We had a wonderful time, and the special rate we got through Expedia made it even better. The black marble bathroom was lovely, the rooms were a good size and the hotel has character that you don't get in a modern hotel. Only a couple of things would have made it better: the room was decorated in white and mushrooms and browns, a splash of colour would have zipped it up and made it feel less bland. The food was obviously very beautifully prepared and would have been perfect if the Chef had used less salt. I understand this is a personal preference and I should have thought to ask them to 'hold the salt' but we both woke with raging thirsts during the night- it was really salty. The staff were almost too nice- it's hard to believe someone can be that happy in their work! Anyway, despite those minor things we had a wonderful time and would recommend the hotel for a special occasion.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Cathy
"Enjoyable Visit"
All aspects regarding accommodation were first class. The location was perfect for our interests.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Anne
"excellent location"
Everything was most professionally and personally handled. Staff made our stay welcoming and seamless. They were only too happy to do what they could to assist us in any way. Only criticism that we would have would be with the evening dinner staff (in the restaurant) who were either inexperienced or insufficient to the tasks that they were assigned. Otherwise an excellent hotel.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Professor
"Reliving Memories"
Apart from the generally very high rating we were particularly impressed by the art works.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Excellent hotel close to major attractions"
Very comfortable haven close to the major galleries and Parliament making it possible to walk there and also enjoy walking by the lake. Having a wonderful bathroom and the pool / gym complex you can relax in comfort.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Grand Old Charmer in Canberra"
We wanted a night away as kid free, woohoo, and of course living in Canberra it just had to be the Hyatt. We have been to this Grand charmer many times from high tea baby showers to a quiet drink in the Lobby. From the moment you are greeted at the door with the guys in their plus 4's you just feel like you are transported back to the so called good old days. We were warmly greeted at reception and our room did not disappoint. We had a meal in the restaurant (al le cart not the buffet) and the service and food were exceptional. I would not hesitate in booking the Hyatt again for a stay.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Karen H
"Expensive but first class"
It is an expensive stay but, in this case, you get what you pay for. I can only rate it as excellent.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Andra
"Such a treat!"
Stayed just one night to attend a nearby wedding. The staff were very friendly and efficient and everyone smiled and greeted us. The hotel looked lovely and our room was spacious and clean. I wish we could have stayed longer! The grounds looked beautiful, especially with the autumn leaves in such amazing colours. It is such a good location - close to the lake, to the city and walking distance to the wedding reception at the Lobby. As we left in the morning, the man at the door wished me a happy mother's day - nice way to end a lovely stay.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Cathy
"Very Nice Stay"
I found this hotel pleasant. It's centrally located, the rooms were very nice, and the staff were generally very helpful.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Title of Review"
Please add a bit more to your review. Write about your experience. (required) 1490 characters
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"convenient to galleries"
The only complaint about the hotel is the mattress could be replaced with something better quality.We had room service and the dinner was very nice. The room service was very prompt.The staff are all very helpful and obviously well trained.All in all we had a very nice short stay and were very pleased with our choice of hotel.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"The hotel was excellent for a business stay."
The hotel was well situated and presented for a business customer. The recreational facilities in the gym are excellent and the food and rooms are first class. The staff were helpful, although in comparison to other hotels I have stayed in, the customer service skills of the reception staff were lacking. A friendly smile and courteous attitude on check in goes a very long way.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Sophie
"Fantastic stay!"
I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, and each time my stay has been excellent. The hotel has consistently high standards. The location is good - within a short drive or walking distance of many attractions. The only quibble was that the hotel charges for bike hire - and the bikes are not that great. I'm sure management could throw in hire with the tariff. There are so many good places that can be reached on a push bike. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel again.
3 night family trip Mar 21, 2014
Excellent as always.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"A "welcome back" arrival"
A "welcome back" greeting on arrival at reception was good. High Tea was good, but the waitress needed to pay more attention to refilling the water. Free WiFi was expected and delivered. External paintwork on the building needs some attention. Undercover car parking is expensive at $25, given that the location is in a non-urban area. Overall very good.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Annette & Chris
"location was perfect"
to be able to just walk next door to a concert was perfect
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
A couple of issues with no sheets in the room only th eheavy dooner, and the strugglles to fix it. However the staff were wonderful and looked to help us out with our baby's care as well. the Jazz getting cancelled was disappointing as my wife was looking forward to it, but overall it was an excellent place to stay and we hope to be back.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Ken
"Australia Day long weekend."
Wonderful! Staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. Will definitely come back.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Bud
"A Wonderful Few Days in Canberra"
An excellent hotel and we very much appreciated the welcome and hospitality displayed by all the Staff. The Club room experience was most enjoyable as was the gym/pool. The location allows ease of access to all tourist points of interest.
2 night trip Jan 12, 2014
B & P
"Wonderful place to stay while seeing Canberra"
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and we were always aware that they were tring to do the very best for us.
3 night romance trip Jan 13, 2014
Wolstencroft
"Fantastic hotel!"
We stayed for 2 nights over New Years and had a simply wonderful experience. The hotel is gorgeous and close to everything. It's had free and valet parking options, the best gym we've ever seen at a hotel, great buffet breakfasts, lovely staff, and well appointed rooms. Cannot fault it!
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
A
"Great breakfast"
The last time I stayed at the Hyatt was many years ago in the early 90s or late 80s! I had great memories of it, especially the bathrooms and buffet breakfast. The breakfast is still fantastic although we paid on top of the room rate for it, perhaps it was because of the deal we took. Disappointingly, the bathroom floors wasn't even clean with previous guests body hair all over the bathroom floor. The hotel stationery in the desk was old still with "Park Hyatt" as the hotel name and including information about the shop which doesn't currently exist. I understand though, that the hotel is going through a major overhaul and the room we had is probably one of the remaining that haven't been renovated yet. It's one of the best locations to stay in Canberra and once the renovations are finished I am sure the hotel will be back to my memories of it during its' days of grandeur.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"It was the best!"
Enjoy the luxury of the Hyatt, outstanding!
1 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2013
Lorraine
"Time away"
Beautiful room, unfortunately to get anywhere we had to go by taxi. Our biggest issue was we had to pay for internet usage. All we wanted to do is print out our boarding passes.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2013
"Looking for something a little different"
Loved this hotel from the time we arrived and was greeted by the door man until check out. Staff are amazing rooms are great and facilities very nice. The restaurant has a good variety of foods on the menu including a buffet which is very good value. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Pam
"Capital Perfection"
The Canberra Hyatt is unlike any other hotel, and herein lies it's great appeal. It is not just like any generic luxury hotel in any capital in the world. The Canberra Hyatt has its own style, it's own ambiance and it's own feeling of colonial opulence. From the minute the doorman greets you in his plus-fours you realise that this is going to be a unique experience. The high tea at the Hyatt is without equal, you just have to remember to book ahead. The location is perfect for the tourist being central to all the major attractions and within walking distance of the city centre shopping area. I personally feel this is a hotel without equal. One of my all time global favourites.
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2013
Carole
"standard"
compare to other Hyatt, this one just ok. The service was are not very good.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Great place to relax"
Beautiful hotel in very tranquil location. Very friendly staff make it a great place to relax.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Martin
"Another Wifi rip off"
When are the hotels in Australia realise that customers are sick and tired of exorbitant wifi charges. It spoils the whole experience. Hyatt Canberra is one of the most expensive wifi I have come across
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
SuzieQ
"Excellent Hotel"
Excellent friendly service, beautiful foyer, was a pleasure to come home to it after a night out.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
"Noisy Room Spoils Stay"
We were in Canberra for a romantic weekend and paying $250/night. We were assigned Room 374 located above the restaurant with window opening over internal courtyard. The room was noisy day and night - I don't know what was happening to create the noise overnight but it sounded like furniture being moved around and other noises. Very unpleasant. When I mentioned this to front desk staff (one trainee and one experienced) they really did not want to know about it. Very off-handed treatment - just wanted me to pay the bill. I wrote a hand scribed complaint message to the hotel manager but I guess it will never see the light of day.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Dennis
"grand hotel near parliament house"
service was prompt and courteous when little things weren't quite right
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"lovely hotel for a birthday get together"
On arrival we were greeted with a very nice welcome,booked in and taken to our room. Our room was very well prepared with every thing you would need for a great stay. Our room was a good size a lovely clean bathroom and had a nice view of the garden and surrounds .The hotel was very clean and well maintained, the meal we had was very well presented.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Ross
"Excellent rooms and very close to the parliament"
We stayed in the "deluxe" rooms and I have to say these were one of the best rooms we have stayed in Australia over the years. It was clean and the bathroom was fantastic. The bed size (king) and the comfort was great. The buffet dinner on the other hand was ordinary, nothing to write home about and for what you get was terribly expensive. The hot buffet breakfast on the other hand was to die for, highly recommended. The staff who take your room number when we went for dinner was aloof at best and got our room number wrong, otherwise was a very pleasant stay. Would stay again.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Stylish old world charm"
The 3 nights we spent at this lovely hotel were next to perfect. The staff were excellent, the accommodation comfortable and the location excellent - close to the main cultural attractions as well having an air of privacy. Understated charm and elegance, thank you Hotel Hyatt!
3 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
Best place to stay in Canberra.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Exceptionally friendly & helpful service"
The hotel provided an overall experience that ensured you felt well cared for and rested whilst working away from home. The staff were helpful and genuinely friendly. Nice to see such commitment and dedication to their work. The rooms were clean, well maintained and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the pillows ensured when I put my head down to rest after a long day that I slept soundly. Overall it rates as one of the best accommodation experiences I have had.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2013
Frances K
"Favourite Canberra Hotel"
We have regularly stayed at the Hyatt since it opened and the high standard has been maintained over the years. The location of the hotel is convenient and the historic nature of the building itself makes it the most pleasant accommodation in Canberra in our view.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Canberra charm"
The Hyatt Canberra exudes 'old Canberra' charm. Its warm Art Deco style really does transport you back to a bye gone era but with modern comfort and amenity. Canberra offers space and the Hyatt certainly delivers that to guests. Be aware that there are two parts to the hotel - the old Deco front and the 80s wing at the rear. I started in the new wing, which was commodious but felt like a good city hotel. I asked to be moved to the original wing as I wanted that historic charm hotel experience. Staff moved me seamlessly and I loved the ambience and character of the room so much I stayed an extra night there. Close to everything you want to do in Canberra and near a really charming part of the lake. My favourite Canberra hotel experience yet and I have stayed at a few now.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
Lara
Enjoyed our stay very much only thought the food costs were a bit too expensive
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"2nd homenymoon"
We had our wedding reception in the hotel 19 years ago and honeymoon. We went back for a 2nd honeymoon and were equally as pleased as our first superb experience.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Kaz
Excellent all round
2 night business trip Jun 8, 2013
Warwick
"The only place to stay in Canberra."
Great hotel in a great location with outstanding service and standard of rooms... as is to be expected of Hyatt. The historic building adds that something extra to the experience.
2 night trip May 28, 2013
Bet
"Perfect stay"
Our stay at the Park Hyatt's Canberra Hotel was sheer delight. The staff's genuine warmth and attention to detail were touching: flowers I had ordered were waiting in our beautifully appointed and well-lit room and the cupboards held five different kinds of coat hanger, an umbrella and a rechargeable torch in case we felt like an evening stroll through the autumn garden. We particularly enjoyed the heated pool and spa in its separate pavilion, the live piano music in the public areas, the fabulous gourmet breakfast buffet and the peace and quiet of the location.
1 night trip May 5, 2013
"comfort and style"
Great place for a short break. A hotel with that combination of heritage with modern comforts.
2 night trip Apr 2, 2013
Pam
"Happy Campers"
We love Canberra and we particularly like the Hotel Canberra A beautiful art deco masterpiece which is a joy to stay at Superbly located in the Parliament zone look no further if you are spending a few days in the nation's capital
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
Graham & Magda
"Slow down & relax."
Quiet & relaxed environment, in an understated manner.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
"Hyatt canberra"
The hyatt Canberra is one of the most beautiful architectural structures, that functions both as aRafflesque retreat,and a well run hotel,catering to those who take tea in the foyer ,or those staying and dining in,or hosting a wedding in the garden.Loved this place,the gardens with their magnificent trees,the ever helpful staff and the surrounds inside and out.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013