All hotels in Shawnee, Kansas, United States of America
16555 Midland Dr, Shawnee, KS, 66217, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Needs freshening!"
This Hampton seemed old, outdated and tired.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Mike and Amy
Nice room good breakfasts but internet was slow, but front desk staff was willing to help get tickets printed off for us so not a big deal. Will stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Dawn
"Rest assured at Hampton Inn..."
After several days of travel I wanted a good night sleep (with no issues) before my appointments the following day. Got that here just as I expected. Must be a choice location as there were lots of people at breakfast but that still went smoothly. Location wasn't a factor in my choice but the Hampton Inn experience was the key.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
richard
"Jacuzzi Suite"
The hotel was in a great location relative to our stay. The jacuzzi suite was exactly what we'd hoped. The tub was big enough for two tall people and there was also a kitchenette. The breakfast was great and the staff was courteous. I really can't complain about anything. Stay here if you need affordable relaxation.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Good hotel, centrally located."
The hotel was good and in a decent location. It could use some updating, but overall it was clean. The bathroom smelled a little like urine when we arrived. Not sure what that was about.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Erin
"family get away"
1 night stay after being at Schlitterbahn very convenient to have 2 good restaurants within short walking distance. Decor could use some updating. Bed was comfortable but found a big clump of someone else's hair in the bed spread the next morning which grossed me out.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Kristine
A nice play to stay. Saltwater pool is nice. Breakfast ok, though real eggs vs powdered eggs would be nice.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Wish the room had a microwave, most Hamptons have that, was a little surprised.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Deborah
"Awesome free breakfast selection"
Everything was perfect fir our needs. Outstanding complimentary breakfast selection.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Patricia S
"Kick Up The Dust Tour"
My daughter and I stayed here when Luke Bryan was playing in Bonner Springs. Great Mexican restaurant across the parking lot with outdoor seating. Hotel was very nice and going through some renovations. Staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was excellent. Will definitely stay here again when in town.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Staff was great"
The staff was awesome especially the lady behind the desk when I checked in, I left my Mifi and phone cords in my room and she sent them to me and I got it the next day, enjoyed my stay there
3 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Edward
"Enjoyable Stay"
The hotel is showing it's age, but we enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Nicely run hotel"
Great stay! Friendly front desk, nice area with resteraunts and bars to walk to. Clean room and an excellent free breakfast. Will stay here again when in town and would definitely recommend to others.
3 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
randall
"pleasant"
Our stay was good except for not being able to sleep in due to vendor filling vending machine.
2 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
KAREN
"Kansas City"
We travelled to Kansas City for a soccer game. It was only 10 miles from the sports stadium and the hotel check-in lady printed off directions. Service was great and the hotel was comfortable and clean.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
Tonya
"in town for sports"
Everything was good except pool had so much chlorine we couldn't stand to swim.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Monte
"Very Pleasant Stay :)"
Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfy, scrambled eggs at breakfast were cheesey and delicious, and the location is very convenient.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Rachel
"Good Night Stay"
Staff was very friendly and overall was a good night stay
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Ryan
"business trip"
One night, in and out. Staff were fine, amenities fine, room was comfortable, continental breakfast much appreciated.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Byron
"My stay"
Everything was as advertised and our stay was quite enjoyable.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Close to family"
We used the Hampton Inn for our second visit to see our daughter in Lenexa KS. The brand X hotel we used last summer for our visit was not anywhere close to the standards of the Hampton Inn. We paid about $30 more per night, but it was well worth it being in a nice, clean and comfortable hotel room. The breakfast was excellent at the Hampton Inn as well.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
We were very happy with the hotel personnel and found the free breakfast to be very good.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Brenda
"Nice For the price"
Nice hotel for the price. The kitchen staff did a great job handling the masses when multiple hockey teams showed up at once.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Very happy with our stay"
Nice area for family reunion. Breakfast is great and free. Not the newest Hampton but clean and nice.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Lori A
"I'm a "Hampton Girl" !"
Great location for a family reunion! Walking distance to a movie theatre,Mexican restaraunt and gastro pub. Bowling was less than a mile away. Price was great and breakfast was great as usual! This was not a new Hampton but it was perfect for this occasion. Staff was very friendly and helpful in accommodating our needs!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Lori A
"Very nice hotel. Close to anything needed."
Very hospitable staff. Ready to meet any need with a helpful smile.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
We enjoyed our stay close to family for the Thanksgiving weekend. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and the nice lobby for breakfast and visiting.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Happy to have stayed there."
Great.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"Close to KU Medical West"
Hotel is old, but clean. Free breakfast is a plus. Staff were excellent. The rooms show their age, but are fairly well maintained. Some things when old just are not as shiny as new stuff. Price was a bit more than we are used to paying for an older property. But because of closeness to KU West was worthwhile for this trip.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
on to wellness
"Nice family oriented hotel"
Lots of travelers arrived around the same time I did with my travelling companion, but we all got our rooms quickly. Most of them were families, some with young children - parents looked tired, kids were cranky. My companion and I had separate rooms and both of us noticed the floor above us had elephants tromping up and down the hallways. I was too tired and dropped off to sleep after 10:30 pm, but my companion noted the elephants were still at it until midnight. The management was very apologetic and had evidently not been aware of the noise. However, everyone seemed happy and chipper at breakfast - plenty to eat and the food was delicious.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Helen
"Nicest employees and those beds!"
I have stayed at this hotel before a few years back. I was pleased when we returned and some of the employees were the same. This hotel has some of the friendliest employees. They are so helpful. Their breakfast buffet I think is the best we have had in any city or hotel. Their pool is inside and not the biggest but they make up for it in other ways. The beds and linens, I love! So comfy. There is a movie theater and 2 restaurants in the same parking lot. Love Jose Peppers! Right off 435/Midland St. exit so you can jump on 435 and get anywhere quickly. Book early, they can be full some times.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Family of 4
"Had a very nice stay"
Only comment I could make is that it smelled like someone may have smoked in my room previously. But other than that it was a great stay. Breakfasts were hot and with options. I would love to see more healthy options but that's a personal preference. Your front desk staff was all very friendly and accommodating.
5 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Jessica Davis
"Good bed , great breakfast"
Ordinary room with bland decor. Although it could use some updating, it was very clean. Comfortable mattress, and a hand written note stuck to headboard saying all the bedding was clean and fresh was a nice touch. Breakfast was excellent! Hotel breakfast eggs are usually dry and tasteless, these were scrambled with cheese and ham, and selection included just about any other kind of breakfreast item you could want. Hotel was good value for the money.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Kyanna
"It was okay"
Room could use a little updating, but it was very clean. It looked like they had a good breakfast, but since it was a Saturday about 8 a.m., it was overly crowded with families, etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Rob
"Nice hotel in good location"
Stayed here to be able to visit area friends and do some shopping.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Clean rooms and very friendly staff. Was very comfortable there.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Great stop over hotel"
We stayed here while in town for a wedding . Rooms were nicely appointed for the the price. Very busy weekend at the hotel . Hotel is located right off highway. The breakfast buffet each morning had a nice variety of items, food wasnt over the top but typical free breakfast buffet . They had a security guard every night -- I was very pleased , keeps all the rowdy people in check.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Veemom2
"Time"
We had to wait one & half hours to check in! The ball teams got first choice or much better service!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
brad
"great stay, reasonably priced"
Great location, good breakfast
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Great place to overnight"
We checked in on Tuesday evening for the convenient closeness to KUMedWest Surgery Center just down the road where I was going to have foot surgery on Wednesday. Really great place to relax and gear up for the next day--my husband enjoyed the pool, I enjoyed the quiet and serenity of our room and the roomy bathroom--loved the Neutrogena soaps, the great coffee maker, the set-it-yourself room temp. control, the great mattresses on the beds, the friendly staff who called our room shortly after we got settled to ask if we needed anything else. Found their website very handy, as we live in St. Joseph 45 miles away and don't know motels in area. Motel SO easy to access off I-435 South, for us. We like Hampton Inns and this one was another winner. We would definitely recommend.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Roxanne
"No surprises."
Clean, quiet room, reasonably priced. No complaints about the facility. The breakfast was hardly edible, so don't expect much on that front.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Great breakfast and service."
Great service and handy location. Wonderful continental breakfast and plenty of parking.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"convenient location"
The hotel was very neat and clean and had a good variety for breakfast. We had a great stay! The only down side was in the pictures it showed a hot tub by the pool and it wasn't there anymore. Other than that everything was great!
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Very nice"
Perfect stay.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
Our overall experience was great. Staff was kind, friendly and helpful. 2 complaints...there was opened shampoo, body wash and soap in the shower and body hair in the corner of the tub which ked me to believe it was not cleaned. Staff was quick to rectify the issue and apologetic. Ice storm night prior to stay and parking lot was not touched.
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2014
The location was good. The room was very nice. The breakfast was excellent, the kids enjoyed it and said it was like being at home. The staff was very polite and kind. The check in and check out was nice and easy.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Fine, will use again"
My only complaint was the hotel room was so hot. when I turned off the heat completely, it became too cold overnight.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2013
Jerry
Wonderful as always.when we go anywhere we always book Hampton inn.best beds ever
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Shelly radford
Very nice hotel with a wonderful staff. Rooms were nice and clean.
2 night trip Nov 18, 2013
Annie
"Just avoid room 426"
Very comfortable hotel in a residential neighborhood close to I-435. We moved out of 426 after one night with the freight train overhead (rooftop ventilation system). Staff was happy to move us to a better room the next day.
3 night trip Nov 1, 2013