All hotels in Overland Park, Kansas, United States of America
7400 West Frontage Rd, Overland Park, KS, 66203, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

• Value
    Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
Loved the lobby area. Stayed up late talking and laughing and didn't seem to bother anyone. Appreciate staff being so accommodating. The setup being away from the rooms was a great idea. More hotels should be setup this way.
2 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
"Awesome weekend at Hampton Inn in Merriam"
The hotel personnel were very kind & helpful. Loved the table in the lobby for relaxing & snacking & visiting with our big family. The pool is a nice size along with the hot tub compared to other places we've stayed & nice that you can view it from the lobby. Great location to hop on the interstate & get anywhere. Our suite was big & comfy & reasonable rate. Nice breakfast too.
2 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
jenny
"Kansas City family trip"
Nice hotel. Close to hwy. Would recommend to all. Very family oriented. Would stay there again
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
michael
"not up to Hamptons standards"
Always try to stay at a Hampton, This one wasn't as nice as most.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2016
Arrived after 7 pm room was not ready has to sit in lobby with two small children after traveling. Room smelled like smoke with a baby this is not acceptable, the entire floor smelled like an ashtray. The pool was closed the two days we were there. The pool was the reason we chose this hotel and payed more than other hotels. Waste of money
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
"Good stay overall"
We stayed for an overnight trip with our 2 kids. The king suite was nice so we could put the kids to bed and stay up as late as we wanted since the bedroom has a door that closes. Upon check-in we were greeted and sent up to our room with no problems. We got the kids changed and ready to swim, came all the way back downstairs, and once we got to the pool doors we saw a sign saying the pool was closed for maintenance. It would have been very nice to know upon check-in. Our kids were very upset. The girl working behind the desk was very friendly and professional as we asked her questions, I felt sorry for her: the GM wasn't returning calls and her calls were going straight to voicemail. She shouldn't have been left to handle all the complaining guests with no answer to her questions like that, but she handled it very well. The rest of the stay went fine: the drain in the bathtub didn't close, so I had to try and plug the drain so the kids could take their bath. Also, the hotel is right by a busy highway so if you're not used to that noise, it could keep you awake. Also, remote controls for TVs didn't work. Breakfast was good and had quite a bit of variety, beds were comfy, and the pool was fixed by the next morning so we got some swim time in. Overall good stay, just some minor issues.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Kacy
"Merriam, Kansas Hampton Inn"
Nice hotel. very friendly staff good breakfast with hot items each day swimming pool was nice for grandchild quiet neighborhood it was a little hard to find though
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
doug
"Enjoyed our stay. We will be back"
You made our family Christmas getaway very enjoyable. We look forward to our next stay.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
"Great night stay!"
The hotel was tucked away, but well worth it. The room was excellent and very clean. The customer service was top notch. The bathroom was very roomy and well cared for; attention to detail was taken. The bed was very comfortable with premium bedding. If in the area again, will book this hotel!
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Single night, worked out fine"
Single night stay for a business meeting nearby. Staff was friendly, facility was clean, pleasant and welcoming. Price was very reasonable.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"great overnight"
My family stayed 1 night beds were comfortable, kids enjoyed television and breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
Karren
"Great one day stay!"
We arrived a little early just to say that we were in town and may not get back to the hotel until late. The room was already ready and we checked in. It was so convenient and appreciated. The separate bed room for us made the suite just perfect with the kitchenette and extra bed adjoining. Everything was clean and tidy. When we met any staff in the hallways they were all very friendly and welcoming. The hotel location was perfect for us and we had no problems getting a place to park. Morning breakfast was tasty with omelets and sausage along with the normal fruit, cereal, pastries, drinks and pancakes. Our stay went off without a hitch! Thanks!
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Christine
"Consumer fraud?"
We booked a room in January for a smoking, suite with kitchen. When we got there TEN MONTHS LATER, we were told that they no longer have smoking rooms except for one that was booked. They also put us in a standard room. We had to argue to get the suite with a kitchen. When asked why we were not notified that we could not get a smoking room we were told that they were told by management not to. #1. As a consumer, I should get what I paid for. #2. They confirmed a smoking suite kitchen room in January, but in June, decided to no longer have smoking rooms, except for the one. #3. Since we booked 10 months earlier, why were we not given the smoking room? #4 If we were notified of not having a smoking room, it would have been our decision to find something else or to stay in a non-smoking room. They should have called, emailed, or written to us about NOT honoring our original agreement.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Twila
"All you need in one hotel"
Very friendly staff! The room was very clean. Two rooms, a living room with a kitchen and a bedroom with a bathroom. Lots of space. The free breakfast had lots of options. There was free coffee served all the time in the lobby. The bed was big and comfy! My only minor complaint (very minor) is that the sofa was not comfy. It is a sofa bed so, that explains.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
"Great service"
Comfortable rooms, beds and breakfast was great! Front desk was really helpful especially for allowing us to checkout much later than usual without additional charges.
2 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
Good
5 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2015
"Good stay fifteen minutes from downtown KC"
Everything you expect from a Hampton. Large clean rooms. Easy parking. Very good breakfast with fruit and yogurt and rolls. We did not look for a restaurant nearby for dinner since we went touristing in downtown KC but the hotel seemed a bit removed from gas stations and restaurants. It was a bit confusing to find it tucked away down the frontage road (with a roundabout!).
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
lorrie
"Friendly staff was the bright note of our stay"
Staff was very friendly, customer service skills were excellent. For the price we expected a newer facility with updated amenities, however, hotel is an older building and is located near I-35, traffic sounds were very loud despite the desk clerk assigning us a room as far from the interstate as he could. Our room was a king suite and very large, with living, dinette complete with sink, 2 burner stove, and mid sized refrigerator. Hotel breakfast was not very good. Hotel alarm went off at 3AM for a minute or two. Temperature in room didn't maintain very well. We did not have a restful night.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Wendy
Bathroom shower sprayer did not work
4 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Toni
Excellent stay
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"Clean, big room and nice stay!"
Great stay after a busy weekend. Clean and comfortable. Room was huge. Very nice. Staff was very friendly. Definitely would stay again.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Nice and affordable"
This was a great hotel. The staff was so nice and the room was clean. The complimentary breakfast served was a lot nicer than I was expecting. The beds aren't the most comfortable, very bouncy, and next time I'd probably bring my own pillow. But for an affordable place to stay that's fairly close to the outlet mall and IKEA, you can't beat it.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Great Hotel but breakfast is lacking!"
Only problem with my stay was the breakfast. The only protein that was offered was an omelet. It would have been nice to have something else besides sweet pastries. Otherwise, the hotel over all was very nice and room are very comfortable.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
"Going the extra mile!"
We have been extremely pleased with the comfortability of the Hampton inn beds on our extended vacation. Each night provides something to look forward to...a very clean, sumptious bed to sleep in. Other things in the hotel are always in order, but in this particular stay, I was suffering with a deep cold, which produced extended coughing. This was interrupting not only my sleep by also my husband's, so on our 3rrd night, I asked Heather at the front desk if there were suites, with doors between the living area and the bedroom. She not only found us one that was available right now; she did it with a smile. That last night was a very good night as I stayed on the couch and my husband could actually get rested for our next day of driving. Thank you Heather, for making our night!
4 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"awsome"
Hotel was awsome staff was awsome will stay here every time I go to kc
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
brandon
"Business trip- like home feel"
Clean, quiet, friendly. The suites are laid out in a relaxing manner to separate yourself from a workday. Towels are thick and nice, bed is almost too comfortable to get out of. Breakfast offered a nice assortment and clean, updated eating area. Very nice.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
We were in training until 3:30pm. We appreciated Patrick's help in letting us check out later than usual (approximately 3:45pm instead of noon). Good breakfast selection.
2 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
We enjoyed our stay a lot. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds weren't highly comfortable (but I think probably every bed is that way except for one's own bed) and the knob that turned the spa jets on was a little hinky, but, especially for the price, it was a nice stay.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Unfortunate all around."
The air conditioner did not stay consistent and the living room area was freezing by morning. The fire alarms went off TWICE during the night. It was incredibly LOUD and woke up our four children....The hotel staff made no effort to alert guests as to the seriousness. The next morning staff seemed indifferent to the inconvenience we experienced. We also were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub while our kids swam in the pool, but unfortunately the hot tub was out of order the entire weekend.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Dana
Bedding was stained. Heard toilets running most of time. Fire alarm went off 3 times in one night false alarm but couldn't get front desk to answer phone. Hot tub broke. Lots of noise. Would like a refund or free nights
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Charged me twice then no answer."
We stayed here. I paid through Hotels.com. Went to the hotel then got another charge on my card for my stay, so I paid twice I called Hampton Inn to try to get it straightened out. They sent me to there 800 number and gave me the run around, transfer, transfer then you will have to contact the hotel. Good luck the line is always busy. Plus the 800 number is useless. I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again!!!
3 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
Shawn
"Fire alarm went off"
Fire alarm went off in middle of night due to water leak, I asked for discount on my $275 for 2 nights and they dropped it to 240. One king bed room. The showers leaked out on to floor was the only real complaint.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Traci
The fire alarm went off (3) times starting @ 2:30am and there was no fire. It appears that this was due to poor maintenance of the sprinkler system. Secondly the fire station didn't show up. This should always happen to insure there was no fire.
3 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2015
Complimentary hot breakfast was decent. Nice clean room.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
"Not So Good Weekend Stay"
This was my worst experience at a Hampton Inn. On our first night, the fire alarm went off several times between 2 and 3 am for no reason. The front desk said it was a malfunction with the fire panel. Not really something you want to be woken up to, especially for a malfunction. The next day, the hotel was without power for approximately 4 hours in the middle of the afternoon on a 90+ degree day. These issues were not necessarily the fault of the hotel, but did not make for the greatest of experiences.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Broken dryer."
Everything good except issue with washer and dryer. Being there for a basketball tournament we picked a hotel with a washer and dryer. First day was told the dryer had broken and was to be fixed the following day. When we checked the following day was told they couldn't get the part, even though it was a weekday and we were in Kansas City. Shouldn't be that hard. Because the dryer was not working, they closed off the washer as well, so we had to wash his uniform by hand in the bathroom sink and try to get it to air dry overnight.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
I paid in cash for my hotel room and gave them my debit card number for any incidentals etc.....they proceeded to charge my card for the entire cost of the hotel room. When I called them to explain that my card should not be charged for the stay of the room they said that it would "drop off" eventually but could take up to five days. It has been six days and the charge is still on my account. I have called again and they do not seem very concerned that I have now paid double for a one night hotel stay. The next night I stayed at a Drury Inn in Columbia, MO and when I paid cash for that room non of this nonsense occurred and my card was never charged even though they also had it on file for incidentals etc....
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"You won't be disappointed"
Great hotel. The kids loved the pool. It was clean and spacious. The lobby looks elegant, yet comfortable. The breakfast buffet has a nice variety of foods. We had a little bit of everything and we weren't disappointed! The room was clean and comfortable (loved the pillows!) No complaints.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Chelsea
Rooms were better than expected. Very spacious and comfortable. With having five kids it was a very convenient layout where we didn't feel like we were constantly on top of one another like some hotel rooms are.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Chuck
"fresh and clean"
Very clean room. The sheets smells so fresh and clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Bring your own pillows! Everything else=great!"
Good quiet hotel. The pillows were hard as a rock (maybe just old and broken down?) The bed was comfortable. The hotel was clean. Friendly staff. I would stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great family stay"
Great stay! Employees were so nice! Being greeted by the maids in the hallway was so nice! Really really Comforting! Would stay again
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Dana
"A real winner!"
Friendly staff. Fresh breakfast. Clean hotel and room. This is our fourth time at this hotel as we travel to Kansas City for family almost every year. This is our favorite hotel as it is quiet, clean, and the staff is warm and friendly!
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Inez
"Very nice hotel for the family"
Everyone was soo very nice! We stayed with 5 children and the room was perfect for us! We will stay there again!
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
LaVenia
"weekend away"
wonderful, very nice
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Floors were really sticky
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Kelli
It was nicer than other Hampton Inns we've stayed at. It's not too far from Kansas City itself, less than 20 minutes in most cases.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
We stayed here for a family vacation to Kansas City, and the service was impeccable. The rooms were huge for the hotels.com price; we wanted to eat out, but the kitchen in the suite would have absolutely made preparing meals there easy. The staff was all kind and friendly, and the lady running the breakfast buffet did a great job keeping everything restocked at peak hours--hot items like sausage and mini-omelets one day and bacon and scrambled eggs the next and cold items like fresh fruit and yogurt. Our kids also loved the fresh-baked cookies and fruit always available in the lobby after a long day of sight-seeing. Don't let the fact that it's tucked off a frontage road deter you--it's easy access from the highway and close to amenities, and the rooms were well-insulated, so we were not at all bothered by traffic noise. We will definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Kathleen
"Spacious, clean suite in a great location"
We stayed in a king suite. I was not expecting how spacious the suite was. It had a nice large living space with kitchenette, small couch (that was also a pull-out) and tv. The bedroom was nice and large and also had a tv. The bathroom area was also very spacious. The king bed was not the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on but it was by no means uncomfortable. The hotel and room were very clean. The area was perfect for our stay. It was easy to get to the shopping areas we planned to visit. It was also an easy drive to get to downtown KC. I definitely plan to stay at this location the next time we visit the area.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Graduation trip"
Easy and very fast checkin, great location and is very easy to find.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015