All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1717 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel with relaxed atmosphere close to Beach"
Nice decorated hotel with relaxed atmosphere. Rooms are ok, but not terrific. Double double rooms are too small for 4 People and certainly not 200 sq ft. Bathroom way to small. Personel is only looking for tips, hardly can say goodmorning. It's all about the money. Restaurant has not a good balance in price vs quality. Hotelrooms are very 'noisy', thin walls.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
The room was not very clean. The bed sheets had hairs all over them when I got there.
"Great location!"
I cannot say enough about the staff. Nothing short of amazing! I never thought staff would be a concern when booking a hotel but what a difference they made in our stay. The hotel could use some updating but nothing terrible at all. The only complaint I would have was lack of music/entertainment poolside at night. The hotel was within blocks to shopping, nightclubs, and anything you could possibly need. Will definitely be staying next year for the annual SoBe trip!
Carly
"Great Location, Extra Fees"
Spent two nights at the Surfcomber in South Beach after a week in Key West. Hotel was adequate. Rooms were relatively small, bathroom was very small, but all renovated and in good condition. No view (our room faced the wall of the adjoining hotel about 4 feet away), no balcony or patio. There was a $20/day resort fee, regardless of whether you use anything. Beach chairs and towels are included, but an umbrella is another $20/day. We didn't even ask how much to use one of the cabanas by the pool. Very convenient location, easy/cheap to get to/from the airport on the 150 Metrobus. About 2 blocks to the Lincoln Avenue mall, and about 3 blocks to the South Beach art deco hotel row. The Asian restaurant across the street was fabulous.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Cheryl L
"Comfy bed convenient location friendly staff"
This hotel has everything you need and more. Seriously considering buying one of their beds for my house
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Winnie
"Disappointment"
I had to change rooms 3 times. All the rooms I was assigned, had an annoying buzzing sound in them. Most likely from an internal or external fan. Windows were very poorly isolated, as well as doors, so it was basically a noisy hotel. The staff were Nice though and tried to accomodate, but they could not help the noise. Had it not been for this annoying buzzing I would definitley reccommend the hotel. But they need to fix this before I og back there.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Andre
"This is an exceptional hotel!"
Nothing to complain about! The room was well appointed, very comfortable and also very quiet. My wife and I spent three days there and we had a wonderful time. Every staff member was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. And, the free wine bar happy hour between 5-6 pm only added to the great time we had. With alloy this and the beach, restaurants and shopping literally only steps away, we highly recommend the Surfcomber to anyone.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Ron
"Perfect for Everyone"
My 75 year old mom and I went on a "girl's weekend" and had a fabulous time! The Surfcomber is perfect for families, couples, and hipsters. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel.
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Marilyn
Great overall. Perfect location.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Great location, great staff."
Wonderfully relaxed atmosphere. Fantastic location, close to Lincoln road, ocean drive etc.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
The staff were exceptional and the location was perfect rooms are kinda small tho
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Lawrence
"Great location on Collins. Close to all the action"
Arrived 9am and Kendall checked me into my room. That doesn't happen a lot in SOBE. All the staff I came across were friendly and attentive. There's a $20 resort fee but they do offer free coffee bar, free wine hour and some other stuff to offset it. There's also a list of sundries in room that you can request for free - shaving cream, toothbrush, etc.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Rey
"Great Place to Stay"
Loved this hotel, especially at the price. The lobby had a cloying, perfume smell, but everything else was top notch!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Chadd
"Great location, service & price at the Surfcomber"
This was my 2nd stay at the Surfcomber and it is in a great location and has a great staff. There is valet or a lot for parking just a short walk. It's easy to, walk down to Ocean or Lincoln road and near great restaurants. The wine hour daily is great as is the pool and beach facilities. A great choice in South Beach.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
"Amazing!"
I've been visiting South Beach for the past 5 years and have stayed in many hotels in the areas and staying at the Surfcomber has been my best experience so far!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Kendra
Great awesome hotel stay
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"Very nice"
The hotel was very nice and clean. There is a lot of fun activities going on, happy hour, coffee in the morning, some occasional party etc. It is a bit of party place (not as much as the one next door though!) so keep that in mind. It is quiet upstairs though so it's not really a problem if you don't want to party. There is no parking in the area, there is a valet and you have to pay, but I guess it is not abig surprise. Generally, it's very nice and clean place in a great location. Oh, and they do have a pool and beach access.
3 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2014
Guest
"Perfect loctation!!!"
I had a great four nights. The staff really went above and beyond to be friendly and helpful. I was there on business so I really appreciated Lahtiff with valet (sorry if I spelled wrong). He knew my name after my first drop off and always had my car ready. My room was good but not great and the view was basically a wall and rooftop of the hotel next door. But the location of the hotel is pefect. I'm in South Beach a lot and I've tried a lot of hotels and location wise this one is right up there. Shopping, restaurants, bars, convenient stores, beach and boardwalk are all right there. I would definitely come back. Would get more out of the surrounding area if I wasn't working but the hotel made it easy to make the most of the free time I did have.
4 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
Jeremiah
"South Beach - Pool Party"
I wasn't crazy about being on the first floor, with dumpsters outside, and that it was loud being near the pool, given the frequent parties. That said, the hotel is very well run. Excellent beverage service that you pay for via $20 daily resort fee but room tax is minimal. Every day til 10 am coffee, hot and iced, + tea, in lobby w/ all major papers. Flavored water available daily and happy hour 5-6 - bad wine or sangria. Rooms are clean, with CO Bigelow products in bathroom:) Note that beach umbrellas ($19) etc are extra fee on beach but towels and chairs are included in the $20 room fee. All in all it was what I expected and excellent lobby decor.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!"
We were taken care of the moment we stepped in the hotel. Staff is so friendly and want all their guests to be well accommodated. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and will def stay again!!
3 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2014
Olivia
"Amazing location! Close to the beach and nightlife"
The hotel staff was amazing. Lahteefe, the door man was the sweetest person! Great to see every morning. The poolside staff was also very nice. The hotel itself was great. The one problem I had was the bathroom was ridiculously small! I'm 5'8 and to sit on the toilet was a bit difficult! The room was good other than the small bathrooms! I really enjoyed how close the hotel was to the beach and to the night life. It was a perfecti location. I do remember I booked with the surfcomber because I thought it would be a younger crowd staying ther, the way the site made the hotel seem was that it was for a younger crowd. However, when staying there it was very family orientated. Lots of kids and families. Even though it seemed more family orientated I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and I will come back again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
samantha
"Pick your room carefully"
Overall, this is a nice facility. Especially the pool and proximity to beach. Staff was great. BUT be careful to pick your room. I found the website confusing in terms of price/room quality. And prices changed frequently, so we canceled one reservation and made another and saved $50/night (we stayed 4 nights so it was worth it). Neither of the 2 rooms we had were satisfactory. The "city view" was practically on the street (hotel only has 2 floors of rooms) and a bar/restaurant across the street blasts music into the sleeping hours. This isn't a busy part of the area otherwise. Bring ear plugs!! The other room faced a building a few feet away. I'm sure if you carefully pick a room you will enjoy this hotel more.
4 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Mark A
"Stressed out"
The hotel was in a convenient location for my business travel. However, the rooms were very old with new bathroom fixtures. The air was not working properly when I arrived, but the maintenance staff quickly fixed the problem. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Unfortunately, they forgot the wakeup call at 6:30; to have a bellman at my room by 7:45 and my car out front by 7:45. This made me late for my meeting and started my day very stressful. Additionally, parking was $37 and there was a mandatory $22 resort fee, in addition to the cost of the room and taxes.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"really nice hotel, close to the beach."
awsome, had a great Time. South Beach was something else.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Alberto
"Great service from Martin and the staff"
Everyone is extremely friendly, Martin went out of his way to help us out. The only gripe is valet took a long time so call in ahead, but service from the staff made up for it
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Tommy
"Birthday Get Away"
Everything was great. Staff was excellent, food at the Social Club was excellent. Location was excellent.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel, nice place but..."
Pro : It 's a beautiful Hotel... Nice place, near to the beach The 'Towel Boys" and the doormen were really nice Some receptionists too Free beach chairs some free Drinks like coffe, the from 6 to 10 am/ ICE tea and Limo from 2-4p.m and vine from 5-6 pm and some fresh water the whole day The doormen were awesome! But... expensive Dirty Pool "Walls" -the rooms were not cleaned very well. We were there for 2 weeks... We "asked" them to clean our rooms about 10 days, but we missed them very often, because we only left the hotel from 10a.m to 1. pm and then again around 3 p.m. The rooms were cleaned about 7 Times. But there were still Chips on the Floor, hair in the Bed and so on. We dindnt get Toilet Papier reguarly, the Toilet was Dirty during 1 week! - the straff was more or less nice- make shure to have a creditcard with a Limite over for example 1500$ (150$ for each day you're sraying) - nice rooms, but no place for the luggage -the Towel holder once Fell off - didnt get any little presents as it's usuall in a 4 Star hotel -the second stairs (when you come from the Pool) didnt work spmetimes, so we had to go to the second Floor -some receptionists were unfriendly - the room cleaners were Slow and they let their Stuff in the corridor the whole day
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Tiffany
"Nice hotel, private beach but so noisy"
I spent 4 nights in 2 rooms (2 adults, 3 kids). Nothing to say regarding the quality of the room except the noise if your room is Collins avenue side or worse, 2nd level Room odd number which in front of Ac engine from next building. Lovely staff who has tried to solve the issue changing my room And giving me at the end 50$ discount at check-out. Expensive: Said as mandatory 20$ per room per day to have access to 2 chair on beach and pool But very convenient.You must add 20$ more to have an umbrella on the beach. Which is mandatory regarding the sun. Parking 39$ per night. but free valet. A bit far away from the beginning of Ocean Drive if you have small children.
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Jean-Philippe
"Reasonable"
We have stayed in surfcomber for 2 nights on 06.08.2014. It is not a new hotel, its lobby and rooms are partially and mostly renovated. Location is very good, around 10 minutes walk to the start of Ocean Drive which is the main attraction in South Beach. In the decoration of the hotel there are lots of items in and out of the hotel like useless and irrelevant animal statutes which they need to urgently get rid off. Pool should be renovated. Beach is right in front of the hotel, sunbeds are in good condition, they charge 20 USD/day extra for umbrella. If you can find this hotel with a price below 200 USD/night for a double room, go for it.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Good hotel, great location"
We spent one night at the Surfcomber, and it was great. Perfect location, nice pool, beach access - the three things we wanted when we booked. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was nice and clean (the room was a bit small, but I expect that of most hotels on South Beach). Our room was facing Collins Ave., but it was surprisingly not too loud on a busy Saturday night. We'd certainly stay there again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
I
"Great location and staff"
This hotel is located in the heart of miami beach with everything in walking distance (pool, beach, shops, restaurants). The staff is excellent. The pool, free cold water, sunscreen, beach is great. We had a room with two double beds for 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 15) and this is very small !! Almost no room for suitcases, cloths etc. The bathroom is also very small for 4 persons. Valet parking is expensive and in this area you don't need a car because everything is within walking distance. Tip: if you have a rental car and this spot is at the beginning or end of your vacation, you could start the rental period after leaving this hotel. Prices for food and drinks at the poolside are high.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Yvonne
"Great location/Great people"
great location in the heart of So. Beach walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. Very nice property, and best of all the hotel staff are all 'A' players, starting with GM, Donte, all the way down the line to every employee.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Bill & Tania
"Great location in South Beach"
The Surfcomber is an older hotel that has had a remarkable facelift. It's located on the beach with an outstanding pool area and is close to many of the top restaurants and shopping attractions in South Beach. The rooms with views of the courtyard are best. We chose not to upgrade our room ( 20 per nite) and had a view of another building and window about 12 feet away. The service at the concierge's desk was excellent and we found the free coffee, wine hour and other amenities all very nice.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Ed
Good location,good service people. The room kinda small tho~
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
"Return visit to Surfcomber"
The positive aspect of my stay was this: hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, location is excellent as there is so much that you can walk to around the area such as Lincoln Road, hotel room was nice and large with everything I needed. The negative aspects are this: extremely high price for parking, was not initially informed that they were holding $150 on my card for incidentals nightly - had to learn from my credit card company. If you are a Kimpton Member, I would surely think that could be reduced. Last issue is same as last year. The restaurant and the food are not good at all and I will not eat there again. I had breakfast looking forward to the French Toast with 'mixed Berries', as the menu said. Instead I got 3 tiny pieces of one strawberry and had to look for the waiter to give me butter but I had to ask for it. Ate down by the beach one afternoon and the fries tasted like they had sugar instead of salt on them. When I told the waiter, he said, "Really? The cook is having a bad day today". Will be going somewhere else to eat next time I stay. Bellman who I had on my departure was very, very nice!!! He seemed to go out of his way. His name began with a D. I have always had a good experience with Kimpton.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
JH
"Nice hotel, convenient to almost anything"
Enjoyed our stay. The access to the beach is great! Plus, it has a lot of amenities. It is kid friendly, which is a plus. The only bad thing is the room service is never really available.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Pam
My boyfriend and I had an amazing time at the Surfcomber ! From the second we stepped out of the cab from the airport everyone was nice , helpful and had a smile on my face ! The bellhop and the front desk attendant went above and beyond to make sure we knew about all of the things to do in the hotel and answer all of our questions ! We went to a Spanish/Mexican flare restaurant across the street and got to take a look at Collins Avenues night life because it was right there ! We spent the next morning before our cruise at the beach which was beautiful and comfortable ! When my boyfriend forgot his sunscreen in his luggage they were holding for us the bellhop gave him some !We also ate lunch at the Kimptons hotel which had the best Cuban we had ever eaten . When we come back to Miami we will definitely stay there !
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Helen and Kevin
"Nice close to everything"
Great.....I will be coming back!!! No more need to be said. I think that says it all.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
katley
"Great place, great people, great location."
Couldnt ask for anything better!! Staff was super polite and the pool was awesome with plenty of room to hang out and sit. Viewing the world cup was awesome right outside :-)
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
paula parada
We had a great stay and would highly recommend visiting this hotel.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Excellent Hotel staff VERY friendly and welcoming!"
Great Hotel to stay at, I definitely recommend this hotel to people who like smaller hotels. Great for a first time visit to Miami beach. EXCELLENT friendly warm welcoming staff with a great concierge!
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Jas
"A great South Beach find"
Surfcomber Hotel was a great find South Beach find. Nestled amongst 4 and 5 star hotels, such as SLS, Delano, The National and Ritz Carlton, this boutique hotel was vibrant, chic and trendy with wonderfully warm, helpful and professional young staff. It was right on the beach with it's own beach chairs, and a pool and gym were onsite. Excellent value. The restored art deco structure was cleverly decorated with a combination of modern art deco and contemporary furnishings and appointments. Walking distance to great restaurants, tour operators, the Lincoln Rd Mall shops, Miami convention centre, the Fillmore (Jackie Gleason Theatre), and much more.
5 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Di
"Amazing Staff"
Very disappointed that the pool was not working during our stay. And the bar did not have any mint for mojitos. (figured they would have a healthy supply on hand) other then that it was a good stay.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
"5night stay"
I had an amazing time in Miami and that was due in part to the service I received at the Surfcomber. The staff was friendly and welcoming as soon as we stepped out of the airport taxi. Monty made sure that the cab driver charged us the correct amount. Gabe at the front desk was welcoming and very informative when we checked in. He let us know about the facilities as well as nightly events going on around the hotel. The housekeeping staff were great at keeping our room clean and cozy each day. The pool staff was outstanding in getting us situated at our chairs. The beach staff was also great in setting up our beach station for the day. Overall I had a fantastic stay at the surfcomber, it is a beautiful hotel with amazing staff, & great nightly events. I will HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone I hear of that plans on visiting the Miami Beach area.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"A nice stay in a great location"
I booked this hotel last minute and decided to travel alone. As a lone female traveler (alone by choice!) it is important to me that the hotel is not only pleasent, but also safe and welcoming. The Kimpton Surfcomber was just that. From the moment of my arrival and being warmly greated at the door, i managed to check in early with no trouble and listening to all the customer focused activiies (yoga in the beach, pool party, huge screen in pool screening the world cup...to free wine hour! Yeah!) , i felt welcomed and safe with a few options to entertain where i wanted/needed. The hotel food was better than expected...not five stars, but very edible. Also i must mention the staff were absolutly outstanding- accomodating, friendly, and absolutly interested in making your stay a success. Minor negative points: the pool is nice but a bit blah....but the sea location totaly makes up for it. At the beach...you have to pay extra from the fee resort for an unbrella which i thought should be included...and a real minus...outside people were allowed in the hotel to use the pool facilities- this lead to some very dubious people being present in the hotel pool. Overall very good apart from small mishaps
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
C
Great location, and the staff was very helpful and friendly
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
"Great staff. Very friendly"
Good hotel. Good location. Staff was very friendly and helpful
3 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Sabra
"Amazing"
Kennith Chris Jenny vinny and tony all helped make my stay a great experience. The staff was extremely helpful and atentative
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Excellent facility and location"
Apart from crazy pricing for food and beverages ($8 for a bottle of water on the beach) everything was great.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Old property no hottub small rooms. As a resident of Miami beach I can say there are better hotels in the area. We were having work done in our apartment and stayed here a few nights. Good location and nice staff But not very exciting hotel
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2014