All hotels in Helen, Georgia, United States of America
147 Unicoi Street, Helen, GA, 30545, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"2 blocks from the center of Helen!"
Just a quick walk to all the action in the center of Helen! The staff was so accommodating and very polite. Our room was super clean and had more amenities than expected. The fireplace did not work but it was 92 degrees outside so we did not care. The breakfast was wonderful too. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Great
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
"Stay away!"
The first time we entered our room, there were beer cans, towels on the floor and the bed was slept in. The second time we entered the same room (after alerting the management), the bed was made, the beer cans were gone, but the room was filthy. Dirt all over the floor, bobby pins scattered about and damp. There was water somehow leaking under the fireplace hearth. I went out and bought Lysol and sprayed. The size of the rooms were great. The location was the best. The room, not so much. Never stay here again, especially for the money.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Trina
"Nice hotel for a getaway"
My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for a few days while on the way home from Florida. It is a nice hotel. We had a riverview room with a balcony. I honestly was a little disappointed that it wasn't closer to the river and that the view of it wasn't better, but all in all it was ok. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood. The room was clean and pretty spacious. The housekeeping staff replaced towels each day and made the beds. Each staff member that I came in contact with was friendly. The hotel only had one elevator so it stayed busy most of the time.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Mandy
"very inviting"
the motel was so nice.i thought it was a perfect look to be in Helen. the staff was very friendly and poefessional.helpful and gave me a map of Helen and highlited nice places to see.the room was amazing.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
cindy
"One night in Helen"
We stay at Hampton Inn's all the time but this was the most unclean Hampton Inn I have ever visited. I will never stay here again. Most of the surfaces in the room looked like some kid ran his runny nose over it. The floor appeared that it had not been vacuumed in days. The bathroom was not as clean as it should be. I am not a clean freak but do expect basic cleaning to be completed in the room that I stay in. There was also a big brown stain on the comforter and the room smelled like smoke when we arrived in a non smoking room. The smoking smell lingered during the entire stay. The only thing that was positive about this hotel was where it was located. It was located right in the middle of all the action but quiet.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
The hotel was very nice and above all, the beds were very comfortale
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Dorothea Herwerth
"Nice hotel."
Had a great time in Helen. The hotel was nice and close to all the shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly and efficient.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Penny
"Great location on river front"
The Hampton Inn in Helen was perfectly located to enjoy everything Helen has to offer in the summertime. While we didn't tube down the river, we did sit at the river front and watch others tubing. We were able to park the car and walk to shops, restaurants and Betty's Grocery nearby. The beds were comfortable and breakfast consisted of enough variety to keep everyone happy and full. Will definitely think of the Hampton Inn again if we return to Helen!
2 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2014
Cathy
"Right in the Heart of Everything"
I always stay in Hampton Inn; i won't stay here again. My room needed vacuuming when I entered; I stayed 2 nights and never saw housekeeping services. Had to ask for towels, soap, toilet paper. The attendant was on her cell phone, had to wait to ask for what should have been provided. Management said they would send a 'be my guess pass'; not received to date.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Tubin on the 4th in Helen"
Everything at the Hampton was perfect. Large super clean modern rooms and bathrooms. Perfect location on the river and away from noisy traffic but only a short walk to downtown! Breakfast was hot and service was very friendly. Perfect!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Dan B
"Nice hotel."
This was a very nice hotel. Our room exceeded our expectations. We had a King Suite that was spacious and clean. The hotel staff was very cordial and responsive to our needs. I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Very clean and friendly motel"
Everything was as it should be. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. I don't normally rave about my stay in motels, but this one was extremely nice.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Leonard
"Helen, fun time"
Awesome time, tubed the river and had a blast.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Very nice clean rooms"
Loved the entire stay. Check in lady was very nice and welcoming. Loved the view of the river
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
Saybaby82
excellent accomodations and location. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was decent
Other trip May 28, 2014
A great place to stay in Helen. Off the main drag but close enough to walk to all shops and restuarants.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Very nice rooms."
The King suite is definitely the way to go. Very spacious!
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
Ryan
"Perfect stay"
The hotel was nice and clean and overall was a great experience!
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Kat
"Not really up to Hampton quality."
Looks like a Hampton Inn for the most part. Does not sleep like a Hampton Inn. The mattresses were cheap and uncomfortable.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
JDX
"Great hiking "base of operations""
I love hiking in North Georgia, and this is the perfect place to stay if you also feel like getting outdoors (Blood Mountain and Raven Cliffs Falls are both nearby, to name a few). After coming off the trail, I walk downtown (the hotel is just a block from the main drag) for some German food and beverages. I always have a great time, and I have stayed at this hotel each time I have visited Helen. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff has been accommodating. Give it a shot- maybe you'll even get one of the rooms that faces the river for a nice view!
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Mike O'Brien
The place was with-in walking distance to the town. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. Overall a great experience.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2014
"THE HAMPTON INN IN HELEN IS EXCELLENT"
We absolutely ENJOYED our stay at the Hampton Inn in Helen, GA and we hated to leave!!! The room was spotless. The service was EXCELLENT. The Inn is only one block from downtown Helen. We would absolutely recommend the Hampton Inn to anyone that wants an EXCELLENT place to stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Kevin & Kay Bing
"Centrally located downtown. Very nice hotel."
Check in check out was very easy. Hotel staff was extremely knowledgeable very nice.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Adjoining rooms."
At about 11:30 PM we were awakened by a very noisy family with whiny, fussy children. I don't think it would have kept us awake, but the door which opens to the adjoining room is definitely too thin. We weren't able to get back to sleep until they fell asleep. The only other complaint I have is, the tile floor in the bathroom was as cold as like ice.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2014
C. Williams
very clean room and friendly people...
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
craig german
Nice hotel to stay. Rooms are ok. Prices should be a bit lower than what there asking. River view is definitely not on the river. Should be called parkinglot view. Overall if the price was a bit lower would be a nice place to stay
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
helen ga
"Friendly & Personal Staff"
The front desk staff were friendly & made my stay feel more personal. The rooms were nice & comfortable & the walk to the shops took about 4-5 minutes at a casual stroll. I've been visiting Helen for over 15 years & every time I feel welcomed by a friendly little town. Hampton Inn seems to have the nicest hotel rooms (I haven't tried the other hotels on the other side of the river) & the staff makes it feel even nicer. :-)
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Great location for Octoberfest in Helen-easy walk to just about everything. The hotel was lovely-clean, comfortable,lovely view on the river!
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Laurie
"Nice hotel close to downtown Helen"
Hotel with friendly staff and clean, modern rooms.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
Cher
Clean hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Location, location, location....walk anywhere in Helen. Love the greenspace on the river. Will stay again.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Nice hotel close to everything"
We had a king suite with a gas fireplace. We loved it!!!!!!! It's one of the best places we've ever stayed. It's a very short walk to the main attractions in Helen. The complimentary breakfast is probably the best I've ever had (good coffee and plenty of HOT food) and it has long hours. They also provided a complimentary snack/beverage in the afternoon.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Ted
the location was great, but our room on the 3rd floor was dark and the carpet had not been vacuumed. the hall carpet was also dirty. I was using a cane and was not asked if I needed a closer floor. the hotel breakfast was good and convenience was great, just need to improve on cleanliness...
2 night trip Oct 16, 2013
Johns
"heart of town, but away from crowds 2 b quiet"
Very nice hotel, huge rooms, very very clean. One small hiccup, I asked the night clerk where the closest Catholic Church was and he told me "top of the hill, make a Left, its immediately on your right-St Marks church", when asked how long he said "5 mins". It was a 24 minute drive into Clarkesville and I was late too Mass. Staff should be up to the task to give proper directions on where churches are, as not everyoen who coems to Helen is a drunkard.
2 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
Jeff Cerreta
"Wonderful getaway for Oktoberfest!"
My wife and I went with friends and split the cost of the room. A two double bed with balcony. We are not smokers but came prepared with some Fabreez. The room had the smell of a smoked in room but was quickly remedied. The beds were both soft and comfortable and the bathroom was quite nice. I have zero complaints about our experience at the Hampton Inn and will return next year!
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
Jayson
"outside overgrown"
grass needed to be mowed, landscaping overgrown, all trash containers in parking area completely full,
Response by Hampton Inn Helen
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Your business is greatly appreciated. I apologize the problems you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to keep a clean and maintained property. We are constantly striving to improve our guests' satisfaction and thanks to your comment, we are able to address these issues with the appropriate departments. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again in the future. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Oktoberfest"
The breakfast was excellent the room was good. Had a small leak in the ceiling and maintance fixed it within the hour. Only bad thing I can say is when we were leaving with our hands full of luggage a staff member pushing a trash dumpster closed the elevator doors leaving us standing in the hallway on the 3rd floor
Response by Hampton Inn Helen
Thank you, Kelly, for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We do appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear your maintenance problem was fixed in an appropriate amount of time. I do apologize for the wait you had at the elevator. I will make sure to review with the staff proper elevator etiquette when around guests. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to you visiting our hotel again in the near future when you are in Helen, GA. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2013
"close to main street where all the shops are"
we enjoyed our stay at the Hampton, very comfortable and friendly staff. Close to all shops and restaurants. I will return next time I am in Helen.
Response by Hampton Inn Helen
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! We do appreciate your business. I'm am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I take pride in having a great staff that works hard and serves guests with a smile! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future on your next visit to Helen, GA. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!
2 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
"Nice, but..."
Everything was great except for the horrible beds.
Response by Hampton Inn Helen
Thank you, Carla, for your feedback. We do appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are constantly monitoring comments from our guests and are always striving to improve our guests' satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future when you are in the Helen, GA area. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2013
Carla
"Nice hotel close to main attractions"
Hotel needs a little updating but other than that we enjoyed our stay.
Response by Hampton Inn Helen
Thank you, Barbara, for you feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We do appreciate your business. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing again in the near future if you are in the Helen, GA area. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"convenient to the main attractions"
had to take a smoking room but the heavy amount of smoke in room seemed senseless when there is a balcony & temps in 70's. Wont risk it again. Greatful for the room & nice breakfast buffet & staff.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
The Hotel was within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants in the town.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"Goodlocation,quiet, friendly staff,"
Very happy with stay overall and would stay in future. Only one complaint, Message on door first day at 1030 am saying sorry for missing the opportunity to clean room. Left room for day and room not cleaned. Next day encountered maid in hall at noon next to our room. Requested room be cleaned.Returned 5 PM room not cleaned.
4 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Ralph
"nice room"
this was our second stay in this hotel and both times we stayed in a 2 room suite......I have no complaints, everything was perfect.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Patrick
"good location"
Room was clean but dated. Bed's extremely comfortable. Had most amenities needed microwave, refrigerator, TV. Daily rate a bit much for what you get. Motorcycle friendly and close to down town makes up for what is lacking.
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2013
"Awesome Experience"
The hotel was great! Location is wonderful, walking distance to town. The hotel staff is friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was great and varied some each morning.
Response by Hampton Inn Helen
Thank you kindly for taking time to post your comment on our Expedia.com page. Your business is greatly appreciated. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us!! Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be sure to visit our hotel again in the future. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!! Again, thank you.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
Ali
"Hotel lives up to its positive ratings"
I booked this hotel after the many positive reviews. In my opinion, it lived up to the expectations. After being unable to find a top-rated hotel available in my preferred location -- Dahlonega -- I expanded the search and found the Hampton Inn in Helen. The hotel was comfortable, had an adequate breakfast, and was convenient to everything in Helen. Now rating the city of Helen would be another story...
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
Jason H
"Great hotel with river views"
Hotel staff was very friendly! The room was clean and comfortable with a great view of the river plis a balcony. The hotel is with in walking distance of the town and a 5 to 10 minute drive to all other attractions in the area. I will definately be staying again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Alan
"This is an evaluation of Hampton Inn at Helen, Ga."
Staff was very courteous and professional. Room was clean and well laid out. The complimentary breakfast was very good with numerous selections which were all very good and kept available despite numerous guests eating at the same time. Impressive staff performance.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Ken
"A great hotel in the center of Helen!"
We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was clean and one of the best quality rooms in the Helen area. The hotel is off the main street in Helen and right on the river but just a three minute walk to Main Street. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay on Helen.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2013