All hotels in Helen, Georgia, United States of America
147 Unicoi Street, Helen, GA, 30545, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

Rather comfortable
    Quite clean
    Bad amenities
"Comfort and Quiet in Quaint Helen"
We enjoyed our one night stay and was most pleased with our roomy suite.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Sandra
"Comfy!"
Everything was fantastic. We stayed in a king suite with a whirlpool tub, kitchen, and fireplace. I wished the fireplace worked in room 221! The staff was friendly, the location was perfect, and the breakfast was yummy.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Elisabeth
"Friendly, convenient, good value."
We managed to check in slightly earlier in the day as our room was ready. The hotel was easy to find and is only a short walk to the main attractions in Helen. Plenty of car parking spaces. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable, actually much better than expected going by the reviews we had read. We had a good nights sleep. Breakfast is enough to get you started for the day ahead. All in all a pleasant stay. No problems at all. Oh and the complimentary cookies at reception were a nice touch.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Great hotel, a little pricey but the river view was nice.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Loretta
"Good accommodations. We enjoyed our stay"
Very friendly staff. Good location in proximity to village.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Don
"Helen in the Fall"
My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Helen for three nights. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown Helen and close to the river. We would definitely stay there again!
3 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
"Heaven in Helen at the Hampton!"
Susan the Manager is accommodating and friendly!
3 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Jeffrey
"Very comfortable and clean"
Awesome staff, great stay, wonderful facilities! We have no complaints, which is rare.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Clean comfort"
Love the Hampton in Helen!!! Great service, friendly staff.... Great stay!!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Don't pay extra for water view rooms."
Hotel was very nice and a good experience. However, we did pay extra for rooms that were "water view" and found that to be a bit of a stretch. Between the hotel and the stream are a parking lot, a pool/poolhouse with chain-link fencing and a pretty good sized grassy area in need of landscaping. The water (unless they are referring to the pool) is a good ways off in the distance. If I had it to do over, I would not have paid extra for this view.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"A few lacks and oversights"
no Kleenex in container, plastic room key left from previous occupant, dirty bathroom floor, trash (dirty cup, half bag of chips, candy wrappers, cigarette remains) in drawer of table between beds, ice machine on second floor not working
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Hannah
"Now that's what I am talking about!"
Great location right next to everything and service that should be consistent at all hotels. The staff was friendly and helpful and they seemed to really care about making I had an awesome stay!!! Thanks!
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
wesley
"Nice hotel, walk up the hill to town."
This is a nice Hampton hotel. I think it is an older hotel, but rooms are nice and staff very friendly. This is not a bad walk up to town. The river does go behind the hotel, but you do have to look closely to see the water. If your looking for a hotel that overlooks the water and you want to hear the water….this is not probably the best hotel for that. We booked a river view room and if I had known I probably would have saved that extra amount. There is a nice view of the woods. The pool is also back there. They have a small sitting area, they kept candles burning which actually made for a pleasant smell through the hallways of the 2nd floor. They serve breakfast with waffles, bagels, eggs,oatmeal. This was nice. I would definitely stay again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
DD
"Great Place to stay in Helen, GA"
We had exceptional service during our stay. The staff at that hotel went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The room was clean and so plush. I think it was the most quiet hotel I have ever stayed at.
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
"Last minute stay"
Room was nice, and clean!! Liked having fridge available!! Beds were not great, rather hard and squeaky. Don't waste money on river view if end up on 1st floor...can't see it.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Anne
Nice place to stay, but the rooms needed to be cleaned and vacuumed better on a daily basis!
3 night family trip Sep 2, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
Room was on 3rd floor with a good view of pool and river. Only down side was just one elevator for the building. Glenda was a very helpful and friendly staff member. Hotel was very close to area stores just off main strip,walking distance. Would definitely stay here again. The only reason i didnt give excellent on facilities was lower right hand rail on balcony is warped and did not look sturdy but it felt ok.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"2 blocks from the center of Helen!"
Just a quick walk to all the action in the center of Helen! The staff was so accommodating and very polite. Our room was super clean and had more amenities than expected. The fireplace did not work but it was 92 degrees outside so we did not care. The breakfast was wonderful too. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Great
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
"Stay away!"
The first time we entered our room, there were beer cans, towels on the floor and the bed was slept in. The second time we entered the same room (after alerting the management), the bed was made, the beer cans were gone, but the room was filthy. Dirt all over the floor, bobby pins scattered about and damp. There was water somehow leaking under the fireplace hearth. I went out and bought Lysol and sprayed. The size of the rooms were great. The location was the best. The room, not so much. Never stay here again, especially for the money.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Trina
"Nice hotel for a getaway"
My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for a few days while on the way home from Florida. It is a nice hotel. We had a riverview room with a balcony. I honestly was a little disappointed that it wasn't closer to the river and that the view of it wasn't better, but all in all it was ok. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood. The room was clean and pretty spacious. The housekeeping staff replaced towels each day and made the beds. Each staff member that I came in contact with was friendly. The hotel only had one elevator so it stayed busy most of the time.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Mandy
"very inviting"
the motel was so nice.i thought it was a perfect look to be in Helen. the staff was very friendly and poefessional.helpful and gave me a map of Helen and highlited nice places to see.the room was amazing.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
cindy
"One night in Helen"
We stay at Hampton Inn's all the time but this was the most unclean Hampton Inn I have ever visited. I will never stay here again. Most of the surfaces in the room looked like some kid ran his runny nose over it. The floor appeared that it had not been vacuumed in days. The bathroom was not as clean as it should be. I am not a clean freak but do expect basic cleaning to be completed in the room that I stay in. There was also a big brown stain on the comforter and the room smelled like smoke when we arrived in a non smoking room. The smoking smell lingered during the entire stay. The only thing that was positive about this hotel was where it was located. It was located right in the middle of all the action but quiet.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
The hotel was very nice and above all, the beds were very comfortale
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Dorothea Herwerth
"Nice hotel."
Had a great time in Helen. The hotel was nice and close to all the shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly and efficient.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Penny
"Great location on river front"
The Hampton Inn in Helen was perfectly located to enjoy everything Helen has to offer in the summertime. While we didn't tube down the river, we did sit at the river front and watch others tubing. We were able to park the car and walk to shops, restaurants and Betty's Grocery nearby. The beds were comfortable and breakfast consisted of enough variety to keep everyone happy and full. Will definitely think of the Hampton Inn again if we return to Helen!
2 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2014
Cathy
"Right in the Heart of Everything"
I always stay in Hampton Inn; i won't stay here again. My room needed vacuuming when I entered; I stayed 2 nights and never saw housekeeping services. Had to ask for towels, soap, toilet paper. The attendant was on her cell phone, had to wait to ask for what should have been provided. Management said they would send a 'be my guess pass'; not received to date.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Tubin on the 4th in Helen"
Everything at the Hampton was perfect. Large super clean modern rooms and bathrooms. Perfect location on the river and away from noisy traffic but only a short walk to downtown! Breakfast was hot and service was very friendly. Perfect!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Dan B
"Nice hotel."
This was a very nice hotel. Our room exceeded our expectations. We had a King Suite that was spacious and clean. The hotel staff was very cordial and responsive to our needs. I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Very clean and friendly motel"
Everything was as it should be. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. I don't normally rave about my stay in motels, but this one was extremely nice.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Leonard
"Helen, fun time"
Awesome time, tubed the river and had a blast.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Very nice clean rooms"
Loved the entire stay. Check in lady was very nice and welcoming. Loved the view of the river
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
Saybaby82
excellent accomodations and location. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was decent
Other trip May 28, 2014
A great place to stay in Helen. Off the main drag but close enough to walk to all shops and restuarants.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Very nice rooms."
The King suite is definitely the way to go. Very spacious!
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
Ryan
"Perfect stay"
The hotel was nice and clean and overall was a great experience!
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Kat
"Not really up to Hampton quality."
Looks like a Hampton Inn for the most part. Does not sleep like a Hampton Inn. The mattresses were cheap and uncomfortable.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
JDX
"Great hiking "base of operations""
I love hiking in North Georgia, and this is the perfect place to stay if you also feel like getting outdoors (Blood Mountain and Raven Cliffs Falls are both nearby, to name a few). After coming off the trail, I walk downtown (the hotel is just a block from the main drag) for some German food and beverages. I always have a great time, and I have stayed at this hotel each time I have visited Helen. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff has been accommodating. Give it a shot- maybe you'll even get one of the rooms that faces the river for a nice view!
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Mike O'Brien
The place was with-in walking distance to the town. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. Overall a great experience.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2014
"THE HAMPTON INN IN HELEN IS EXCELLENT"
We absolutely ENJOYED our stay at the Hampton Inn in Helen, GA and we hated to leave!!! The room was spotless. The service was EXCELLENT. The Inn is only one block from downtown Helen. We would absolutely recommend the Hampton Inn to anyone that wants an EXCELLENT place to stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Kevin & Kay Bing
"Centrally located downtown. Very nice hotel."
Check in check out was very easy. Hotel staff was extremely knowledgeable very nice.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Adjoining rooms."
At about 11:30 PM we were awakened by a very noisy family with whiny, fussy children. I don't think it would have kept us awake, but the door which opens to the adjoining room is definitely too thin. We weren't able to get back to sleep until they fell asleep. The only other complaint I have is, the tile floor in the bathroom was as cold as like ice.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2014
C. Williams
very clean room and friendly people...
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
craig german
Nice hotel to stay. Rooms are ok. Prices should be a bit lower than what there asking. River view is definitely not on the river. Should be called parkinglot view. Overall if the price was a bit lower would be a nice place to stay
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
helen ga
"Friendly & Personal Staff"
The front desk staff were friendly & made my stay feel more personal. The rooms were nice & comfortable & the walk to the shops took about 4-5 minutes at a casual stroll. I've been visiting Helen for over 15 years & every time I feel welcomed by a friendly little town. Hampton Inn seems to have the nicest hotel rooms (I haven't tried the other hotels on the other side of the river) & the staff makes it feel even nicer. :-)
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Great location for Octoberfest in Helen-easy walk to just about everything. The hotel was lovely-clean, comfortable,lovely view on the river!
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Laurie
"Nice hotel close to downtown Helen"
Hotel with friendly staff and clean, modern rooms.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
Cher
Clean hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Location, location, location....walk anywhere in Helen. Love the greenspace on the river. Will stay again.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Nice hotel close to everything"
We had a king suite with a gas fireplace. We loved it!!!!!!! It's one of the best places we've ever stayed. It's a very short walk to the main attractions in Helen. The complimentary breakfast is probably the best I've ever had (good coffee and plenty of HOT food) and it has long hours. They also provided a complimentary snack/beverage in the afternoon.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Ted
the location was great, but our room on the 3rd floor was dark and the carpet had not been vacuumed. the hall carpet was also dirty. I was using a cane and was not asked if I needed a closer floor. the hotel breakfast was good and convenience was great, just need to improve on cleanliness...
2 night trip Oct 16, 2013