All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
900 rue De La Gauchetiere West, Montreal, QC, H5A1E4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Montreal Adventure with Grandkids"
Excellent in all respects. Grandkids totally loved pool setup. Easy access via Metro to all of Montreal a definitely plus as well. Parking was convenient and affordable. Will definitely return
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
joseph
"Nice hotel in downtown area"
Overall room was clean however, the toilet water stinked with each flushing due to mold inside the deposit (yes i lifted the cover to confirm this). Nice outdoor pool.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Gentian
"Not my type"
Family oriented, yes there's a pool but pretty crouded...I didn't realize it was going to be such a big hotel...parking was a nightmare & pricey (even valet parking...)
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Baptiste
"Great hotel for the value."
Great deal and best place I've stayed in Montreal!
4 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
"Awesome stay"
Hotel was amazing, the staff was very helpful. Close to via rail which was great. Love the fact that it was so close to everything.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2015
anna
"Great location and solid service"
We stayed at the Bonaventure for 4 nights in July 2015. The location is very convenient - across from the central train station and just a couple of blocks from the shuttle stop that runs from the airport to downtown Montreal (stop 5). The outside of the Place Bonaventure, which the hotel is inside, is hideous, but once you're on the top floor, where the hotel is, and inside, it's nice. We found our room to be comfortable, but fairly small and with a poor view of a downtown building outside. We actually requested a room change after the first night (which they handled graciously), but the 2nd room was just the same! I'd select a garden view instead and forget the city view. The pool area is lush and great for hanging out, and the buffet breakfast was very good and worth the price of about US$20/person. The bar area feels pretty 80's and could use a menu and decor update. Overall, we thought it was a fine hotel for the price.
4 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Nevada
"Good Stay"
very good
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Hersh
"Great time - Impeccable staff"
This was my first time at this hotel but I've been to Montreal several times. I stayed with my dog and girlfriend who had never been to Montreal and I can say both loved the stay. It was an urban oasis in the middle of a bustling city. Staff was super friendly and helpful. It was also conveniently located to everything.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Worth the trip"
Hotel was very nice and the staff was very friendly. I've never had such a nice lady cleaning our room before!! The outdoor heated pool was enjoyable and the restaurants and bar in the hotel were nice, albeit a bit pricey. Very close to Metros and a nice walk to Old Montreal. The city was beautiful with lots of things to do for the kids down by the port. Always seems to have some sort of festival going on...we ran into the Jazz Music festival which was very cool. Were in town for the Women's World Cup Semi final at the Olympic Stadium which was about 11 Metro Stops away. Enjoyable Trip at a nice hotel--would stay again.
4 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Kathleen
"Jazzed up Bonaventure Hotel"
Wonderful suprise; for a 1967 hotel made in a rush to host Expo 67 it was a cool treat. Rooftop pool, river walk and avant-garde art. Newly renovated rooms top notch. Easy access walking to rest of the city for Jazz Festival.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Peter J
"Loved the Bonaventure!"
We stayed at the Bonaventure as we wanted an outdoor pool with a resort-like feel and proximity to Crescent Street, Complexe Desjardins and the Jazz Festival and the fireworks in Old Montreal. The hotel did not disappoint. We were within easy walking distance to all of the above, and the rooftop pool, duck pond and outdoor cafe on the 23rd floor were a delight! Our room was large and well-appointed, and the service we received was excellent. Our room service breakfasts arrived exactly as requested and scheduled, and our room was cleaned quickly and impeccably. Check in was quick and our reservation accurate. The only downside was the fact that one of the elevators was not working which created a bit of a wait at times. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will be back.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Good hotel in good location"
Was a great stay. Had a great courtyard. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Vincent at the front desk did everything to make us feel comfortable. Good location next to train and city amenities. Would stay again on future visits
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
"Don't spend on this hotel"
I had booked 2 rooms...we got there at 430 pm to find out that one room wasn't ready. They were from Lufthansa and had a 6 pm checkout. Half the family had checked in but I had to go over to the front desk and they had 2 other rooms available. I had to tell family we had to move....not sure why they didn't give us the other rooms in the first instance. Secondly, the cleaning lady woke my daughter by knocking on the door at 8 am and entering after my daughter not answering. She came back at 10 am again when I heard from my room and told her we were leaving at 12. I checked out shortly after and told the front desk about this...telling him it is unacceptable to wake people up. I confirmed with him that checkout was at noon. This hotel is on the 13th floor and one of 2 elevators was broken. I paid 470. Canadian for these 2 standard rooms, never again.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
We really enjoyed our stay for 2 nights. The hotel is in the heart of town. The room was spacious and very nice. It's a great hotel
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Lawrence
"A great rooftop retreat"
Great rooftop pool, garden and rooms. Easy walk to the important sites in Montreal. We enjoyed our stay very much.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Glenn
"My kids liked it !"
The staff is very friendly. The pool is nice, nothing too fancy but people do swim in the winter - indoor access. If you don't like spiders, I would avoid in summer. Nice little walk around the rooftop hotel in their gardens and waterfalls. That said, the interior walls of the hallways are concrete and the lobby is accessed via elevator. Neighborhood is nothing great, across from a rail/bus station but borders Old Montreal. Short walk to conference I attended. Guy (Gee) in the breakfast lounge will be your best friend! Very funny.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Kraig
"Canadian road trip"
we loved everything about this beautiful hotel. Don't miss a dip in the pool during your stay.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Lori
"A grand surprise."
The hotel is on top of the city. a true oasis in a already great town. the service is great. the architecture stands the test of time. I brought my family on a three day trip and they had a great time while I worked.
3 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
Glenn
"Montreal"
Great location - great service.
4 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Randall
Great place - the pool area is sweet!
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"Quick Stop Over"
Bruno was very helpful. The rooms were great and the location was perfect.
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Dianea
"Comfy bed and room."
My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights here after a few days in Quebec City. Maybe I was spoiled by the boutique hotel we stayed at there, but I wasn't wowed by this hotel. It used to be a Hilton and I could tell. Overall very nice, clean, comfy bed. Not at all a bad stay, I think I was expecting a little more charm. The satellite didn't work well and effected the TV, but we never reported. Staff as friendly.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Sara
"Not worth the price."
Stayed for a weekend. Pros - great location / quick access to downtown or old Montreal - beautiful gardens Cons - pool falling apart and has duct taped cardboard in several places where granite slabs have fallen off / no hot tub - food very expensive, but mediocre quality / sold out of menu items - no elevators to rooms, so guests must navigate stairs with luggage to get to rooms - large gap between floor and bottom of room doors, so loud guests in the hallway and other noises will easily travel into your room and wake you up at night
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"THE BEST !!!"
This was the BEST hotel we stayed in after a 8 days of travel from Texas to Montreal. Everything was outstanding. Would highly recommend.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your long-lasting loyalty! I truly appreciate that you took the time to share your positive comments with us. Our Guest Service Managers are available for you at all times if you need anything that we did not anticipate during one of your visits. Come back soon!
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Unimpressed"
Hotel staff wasn't overly helpful. Room was dusty when we checked in (the bedside lamps and bathroom vanity). Very noisy overnight and early morning from other customers dragging their luggage down the steps.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
I assure you that your constructive comment about the clealiness of your room. We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again and make your next experience a very pleasant one.
2 night romance trip May 31, 2015
timothy
"Would stay again"
Decent hotel, the layout is a little odd since it is partially underground. Love the temperature controlled pool. Staff are friendly and accommodating.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Many thanks for the top score and nice comments! See you soon!
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Simone
"solid"
Good solid hotel on the edge of downtown Montreal
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for the fantastic review! Come back anytime!
4 night business trip May 24, 2015
"Weekend Break in Montreal"
Our room faced the garden; quiet, pastoral even. It could not have been more restful with the right plugs, decent wi-fi, good lighting, comfortable mattress. The organization of the hotel (elevator to the lobby) is not brilliant and the brutalist concrete looks like it is going to be dull and soulless but the interior planning is intelligent and a room facing the interior gardens is quite special. The front desk was correct, efficient, and speedy; the car service (valet) could not have been nicer! Daniel who has been there for 34 years––knowledgeable, easy going, efficient at busy times. It was truly relaxing. The neighborhood is downtown Montreal––business district. But the train station across the way was the source for coffee, tea––whatever.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your comment about Daniel who is a friendly person and he was happy that he was able to help you during your stay. Our 'brutalist' architectural style is quite unique and it was built in 1967 by an architect named Raymond T Affleck. We were actually built to resemble a fortress! It can surprise some guests if they didn't expect that. We hope to see you again soon.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Hotel Stay 5/30/2015"
The hotel was beautiful and well maintained. Service was bilingual, which was wonderful - the bellhops and front desk were both incredibly helpful. My only (very minor!) complaint is that there's not much around it for food unless it's during daytime hours - we got in at about 7:30pm, and even though we were hoping to find something in the underground city we ended up stuck with the hotel's restaurant, which was good but overpriced.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you very much for staying with us ! I am truly glad that you found our bellhops and front desk team incredible. Do not hesitate to ask one of our concierge to recommend one of the many restaurants the city has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you again!
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
Katherine
"Room was charged twice!"
Negative: Room was charged twice (one time Hotels.com & one time Hotel itself).
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the erroneous mistake, I can imagine your frustration. Please be assured that I will work with the front desk team to ensure that they always double check the information before they do the check out.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Dirk
"weekend stay"
I thought it was a lovely hotel our room was a good size just a few steps up to the swimming pool and terrace. Check in was fine. My only issue was that the 2 occasions we ordered cocktails, a bloody Mary and a Pina Colada by the pool I could quite frankly have given them to my underaged daughter they lacked any alcohol and they were very pricey.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
I have shared your comment with our restaurant manager and I apologize for the service. Your comments help us improve.We look forward to your next visit!
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Great hotel, beautiful pool area"
The stay was good, and the staff were very friendly. the lobby and pool area was also absolutely beautiful! The room was definitely above average however the cost for the night did seem a bit pricey.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your compliments about the Hotel Bonaventure being the best hotel stay in Canada for you! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2015
Jesse
"This hotel is disappointing!!"
The night when we checked in, there were ant crawling on the bed. we thought it was no big deal at first but later found more under the bedding and pillows. It was quite uncomfortable to stay in a room like this and we switched to another room. There was one night that we came back from sight seeing and want to use the pool. Upon our arrival to the pool and was told it was closed due to a hotel guest was threw up in it. It would be nice if hotel can put up a sign to inform the guests before we all get changed for swimming. I think the communication was a big problem. The morning on the check out date, some kind of construction was going on starts at 8:00 am in the morning. We couldn't even get a little bit more sleep during our vacation. how frustrated. It was a very unpleasant stay for us.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your constructive review and we apologize about the ants that probably came from our rooftop gardens; they love our rooms as much as our guest! We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Other trip May 27, 2015
M.W
"Lovely Roof Garden & Pool, Great Room, View = Meh"
Although the architecture of this hotel feels quite dated, the rooftop gardens and pool are perfectly lovely and the rooms are comfortable and well appointed; high-quality sheets and lush bedding more than makes up for the strange brutalist hallways. Bathroom was clean, nice, and kept stocked with decent toiletries. Loved our room's bed, lighting, furnishings, etc., but the view or a parking garage roof and the bleh architecture of downtown was...not a highlight. Service was courteous and not overbearing or intrusive. Great hotel as far as a pleasant stay. Decent location within fairly easy walking distance of Old Montreal and other fun neighborhoods (less than a mile). Not the best view, but a peaceful, comfortable night's sleep. This hotel also has quite a few stairs between the rooms, pool, and lobby, with no elevators. We didn't find this a problem, but if you had a stroller or issues with limited mobility, it could be a hassle. Takes a few minutes to get from your room to the entrance.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for letting your readers know about your experience at our hotel. We are truly grateful to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Kelsey
"roof top outdoor swimming pool"
pool was crowded in afternoon but at 7am we were the only ones in the pool: GREAT!
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your top score review and especially for your loyalty. We truly appreciate having great guests like you! See you soon!
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Halfway there"
Outdoor and restaurant were highlights. Interior feels dated.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank your for choosing our hotel and for your kind review. I assure you that your constructive comment about our decoration is taken under consideration for the renovations we plan to do at the end of this year. We hope to be your first choice on your next visit to Montreal!
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Forget Any Other Hotel - THIS IS THE PLACE!!!!"
I have a more in-depth review of this hotel in TripAdvisor, complete with photos. Save your money going anywhere else - Hotel Bonaventure is THE PLACE! I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and booked thru Expedia, paid HALF of what I paid for the The Westin Montréal and assure you it was a much, much better hotel in terms of check-in service, room comfort and hotel grounds. SUPERIOR to The Westin and likely any other hotel around there. This hotel is just an extra five mins outside of Old Montréal, up on a hill, but it's got a fantastic overlook of the city from its lobby, a beautiful pool that is open late, and giant rooms that overlook the duck pond, full of koi, surrounded by infinite trees and gardens! The Union Train Station is directly across the street - perfect if you are hopping a train anywhere else in the country. I was a bit flustered at check in because I had walked from the conference center with all my junk, but was greeted immediately by a gentleman that kindly took my bag and opened the doors for me. He gave me a ticket and said the luggage would be taken to my room, which was immediately, it barely took ten mins. I didn't have a tip for him until my way out, but that did not prevent him from providing the best service on my way in; he was professional and kind, did not get huffy with me when I didn't tip immediately. (The best thing is I only has American dollars at this point, but they were very gracious and quite excited about accepting that currency!)
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your 5 stars review! I truly appreciate that you took the time to share your positive comments with us. Our Guest Service Managers are available for you at all times if you need anything that we did not anticipate during one of your visits. Come back soon!
"May Stay"
Hotel is under new management and requires much work. Pool is falling apart while you swim. Carpets are old. Restaurant overpriced and mediocre. This is all unfortunate. This use to be a real class place to stay. Location is always great and very accessible to the downtown corridor.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your constructive review. We are glad that you found our location great. The hotel will be completely renovated starting next year so we look forward to welcoming you again soon!
4 night family trip May 20, 2015
Jeffrey
"Veru good location"
Excellent choice, and quite to rest. Has complimentary microwabe and coffe.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for choosing us and for recommending us to others. We'd love to see you again soon!
Walter
"Great hotel in the Old City."
Everything was great. Staff was very helpful. Hotel is well maintained. and across the street from central train station.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for the superb review! We are very happy that you had a great time our wonderful city. We look forward to your next trip.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Nice place-close to highway"
Comfy room-bed was great. Nice city view. Pool area was relaxing, although it was a bit chilly when we stayed to swim. Easy to get around from there by walking. Doorman gave poor directions when asked and was a bit flippant.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your constructive review about our doorman. We are happy that you found our beds to be comfortable and our location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Kate
"one night stay"
Friendly and helpful personnel switching with ease from French to English. Room was very clean and comfortable. Located on top of the building with a pool and a great garden , away from the noise of the street. Food at the hotel's restaurant was very tasty, served impeccably. Parking (not included) was conveniently under the building with elevators to the hotel lobby and reception. Price was probably correct for a four stars hotel downtown Montreal.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Beautiful city, great hotel location"
We had adjoining rooms with our daughter who was traveling with a toddler. The crib we requested was in the room in advance of our arrival. Both rooms were very comfortable and clean.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Montreal Getaway"
great time....we parked our car and walked everywhere.... wonderful hotel in a central location
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Kathryn
"Lovely hotel in a garden setting"
My husband arrived late in the afternoon from the airport after a three week European trip. Our first experience was with the gentleman who handles the parking. He was so helpful and made us feel at home before we even entered the hotel. Taking the elevator up to the top floor, we found check in to be pleasant and efficient. We had a garden room which look out over a lovely green area complete with a waterway and lots of ducks swimming about. We were very tired following out trip and were so pleased with our accommodations. The king-sized bed was comfortable, and the decor was up-to-date and quite restful. We took our breakfast the next morning in the main dining room and were offered a generous buffet or an a la carte menu. Again the service was friendly and professional. We had a very pleasant stay.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Betty
"5 stars"
Great service and area, be sure to check out the underground city located beneath the hotel!
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Ambika
Overall, a very nice hotel downtown, great for business travel.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Upscale and Family Friendly"
Great upscale value. Very family friendly staff. Central location and proximity to metro make it excellent home base for discovering the city.
4 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Joshua
"Hotel great, but skip the restaurant."
The Hotel Bonaventure in Montreal is great! Wonderful upscale hotel, amazing pool, perfect downtown location, overall it is really great. However, the restaurant at the hotel is terrible. The service is literally appalling, the food is over priced and very average. My recommendation is to stay at this hotel and find some nice restaurants in the city to eat at.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Good for children as pool is open both early and late.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015