All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
900 rue De La Gauchetiere West, Montreal, QC, H5A1E4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful hotel , convenient location, pool"
This hotel is well situated in downtown Montreal close to old Montreal and McGill University. Built in 1967 for the World's Fair, it occupies the top floors of the Bonaventure building. If you appreciate architecture from this period, the hotel is gorgeous. The kids will also appreciate the heated roof top pool that is open year round and the easy access to underground shopping and restaurants. While there are some accessible rooms, most rooms require traversing a half flight of steps which can make a stroller difficult. The dining and bar areas are gorgeous, but a but pricey. Our bathroom was not cleaned properly when we arrived and we saw several dark hairs in the bathroom.
3 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"outdoor pool is difference with my expect."
I expect good exprience in outdoor pool.But water is too cool to swim in winter&spring weather.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
seungwan
Very nice staff and hotel. Everything was just as described. Loved my experience and will stay there next time I visit Montreal.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Ray
"Great hotel!"
I had stayed in this hotel once before but this was a way better experience. The hotel is under a new management and that definitely gave the hotel a fresher feel. Staff couldn't have been more attentive and diligent. Definitely will be back to that hotel whenever I'm in Montreal again.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Jonathan
"Good location. Good value."
We last stayed here about 12 years ago when it was a hilton. Hotel now is fine but a little tired and in need of a renovation or at least a refresh. With that said, price was right, staff lovely, clean and good location.
asg
"Convenient location, tired-looking rooms"
This place is in a central location, but it's not nearly as nice as the Sofitel up the street, so I regret not paying the extra 25 a night to stay up there. A four star rating for this place is unwarranted. Our room was clean but obviously tired, so we asked to see another room: the one they showed us had carpet that literally was frayed/in strings near the transition from the tile entryway to the bedroom area. The pool is a cool idea, but it was not quite warm enough to be comfortable for us.
"Weekend get away."
We enjoyed two nights in Montreal at the Hotel Bonaventure. We had been to Montreal lots of times but not in the last 10 years. And we had always wanted to stay at the Bonaventure because of the outdoor pool. And it was great. However the weekend was cold, even had snow on Saturday. But because of the connection to everything underground that didn't cause a problem. The hotel and room were very impressive, top shelf for us. Meet all our needs. Book it!
Jennie
"Beautiful hotel in center of the city"
Look forward to staying here again - it has everything we look for, including underground parking
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"near Perfect"
Temperature in my room was perfect, didn't even hear the unit kick on or off through the night, which usually wakes me.
2 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
Cedric
"Nice hotel with outdoor heated pool"
Spent two nights all went well and would stay there again
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Jack
"Life on top!"
Entry to the reception area is via elevator, as it is on the top floor. If there is heavy traffic (check ins/outs and convention events) the elevators become a minor "choke point". Once up, the facility is top notch. Open air roof top pool (heated) is novel and worth doing, even in late March. Work out room is well equipped. Room was well sized (king bed) and had an interior view of the rooftop gardens. Food was good. Downtown prices, as one should expect with the location. Has direct access to the Metro system (subway) and is walking distance (for those in reasonable health) to Old Montreal, Molson Center, and St.Catherine Street shopping. Weather was "seasonable" so I walked. North destinations are "up hill"!
Old Navy
"Met All Needs"
Hotel is older but well maintained and a very nice place to stay. Downtown Montreal is very near and old Montreal is an easy walk. Staff was most helpful. Can't imagine a better deal. Great accommodations, nice location, reasonable price. Can't ask for more. Valet parking, bellman, etc. so have tip money available. Certainly would stay here again.
4 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
"Great downtown classic"
The hotel is in a great spot downtown, close to all travel connections. Valet parking and check in were a breeze. The room is nicely done, with lots of outlets of all sorts(power and computer. Great bed, nice view of rooftop garden. Awesome WiFi connection. Loved the outside pool . The buffet breakfast was substantial, the week day buffet was what you would expect on a Sunday, from Lox to classic Canadian baked beans and everything in between. I would stay here again, though an outside hot tub would go well with the pool. Great customer service from all, as well as a great free newspaper selection.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2015
"Top Notch"
Amazing Roof top Hotel. The pool and restaurant are fantastic too
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Roger
Like a good old wine… highly recommended if looking for quality and atmosphere
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Wonderful hotel"
We love this hotel and enjoyed our stay. Room was spacious and clean and bedding was perfect. Location was just great because we came to Montreal by train and it is opposite the Central Station, walking distance to Old Montreal and Rue St. Catherine with shops and restaurants. There is a heated swimming pool on the roof and a garden and duck pond. Only thing missing in the room was a microwave but i later found one in the ice room which was hidden all the way down the corridor. All in all a great choice!
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
NANA
"No Charm - Dark and unpleasant"
I have no serious complaint other than to say it is not a particularly beautiful hotel, and the staff is not outgoing nor overly helpful.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Dale
"Bonaventure get-a-way."
We needed a girls get a way. Everything was great, with exception of the evg meal in the restaurant pub. The Caesar salad was just shredded romaine and dressing we pointed out the issue, and we were not charged for it. The breakfast utter in the other restaurant was fabulous however! Everything else was fine.
1 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2015
Wendy S.
"Beautiful experience."
The staff was amazing. The room was very clean and comfortable. The outdoor pool was great. Nothing like swimming outside in a hot pool during a snow storm. Just beautiful.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for being our guest and for posting such a nice comment about your stay! See you again soon!
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Nathalie
"Dissappointed !!"
Actually I did not stay!!! Because once i checked in my room around 12:30 AM, I did not find anything to eat or drink (empty minibar!!), no room service - I checked out before 12:45 AM !!! .... I lost my money with you whatever the hotel condition is!! I really wonder, is it the service of Hilton?!!
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry to hear that you did not actually stay with us. We offer a small glass refrigerator for our guest's convenience because that was what people desired; we no longer offer a full minibar. Very few hotels still do unfortunately, but you can always pre-order any items you want and we will deliver them prior to your arrival. There are many restaurants in the area that can deliver to your room if ever it happens again that you need a midnight snack. Have a nice day!
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Said
"Great Hotel in Downtown Montreal"
We stayed at the Hilton Bonaventure for 8 nights during the 2015 World Junior Hockey Championships. It's location close to the Gare Centrale, Centre Bell, and Old Montreal was fantastic. The room was spacious and clean, the bed very comfortable. I'd gladly stay there again!
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Wonderful! Truly glad that you enjoyed your long stay with us and that you found our location to be ideal for your needs. Thanks for sharing your positive experience and come back soon!
8 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Kyle
"Good hotel."
Great hotel. A weird layout but very unique and fancy. Great restaurants, great staff but just a tad pricy. Very conviently located to both St. Catherine's and the Bell Centre. Would recommend to any one.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your kind words about our team and our staff! We appreciate that you recommend us to everyone and we hope to welcome you back soon!
9 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Ryan
"Excellent Hotel"
This hotel was fantastic! The service was awesome, the rooms were clean, and the location was excellent. Definitely be sure to check out the outdoor, year-round pool - we went in when it was really cold and your hair started to freeze. It was a neat experience. I definitely recommend this hotel - the service is top-notch and the price is perfect.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for staying with us, for recommending us and come back soon!
5 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great hotel in Montreal."
We loved staying at this hotel. Do yourself a favor and visit the concierge desk. The entire staff is well informed and just all around wonderful people. They are a great asset to the hotel. We especially were fond of Chantal who from the very start of our trip was pivotal in making our stay absolutely amazing. We do not like to go to all the touristy restaurants since we live in a major city and know what that's like. Be sure to ask Chantal and staff about the more local non touristy places to visit. It was our first time in Montreal and it will not be our last!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
globe trotter
"Montreal shines"
Right in the heart of Montreal and close to everything you would want to visit. Access to the underground and being able to walk almost everywhere we wanted without having to go outside was awesome. The lady who worked the concierge was outstanding. I cannot express how accomodating she was and the extra effort to make our stay memorable.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
This hotel is located right accross from the train station. It is really helpful if you are traveling via Train or metro. It is also within walking distance from old montreal. Definitely recommend it
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
6 friends group
"Memory better than reality..."
Quick one night stay coming back from skiing in Quebec. About 40 years ago, when I was seven, my family I stayed in this hotel and I had fond memories of the pools and gardens and I wanted my kids to see it. Unfortunately, my romantic memory of the property didn't live up to reality. The Hotel is very dated and in need of a refresh/update in the public areas. Location is fabulous. One other note - they didn't seem to understand Hhonors or have a separate check-in.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your comment as it helps us improve. I'm sorry to read that you did not enjoy your visit. We have been a Hilton hotel for over 30 years so I am surprised that you feel that we do not understand the HHonors program, but we will look into this and work hard to do better.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Quiet and Great view"
Overall it has good quality of Hilton's reputation.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great comfortable hotel, great service"
Stayed for one week in December for a conference in the Palais de Congres (an 8-10 minute walk outside, about 12-15 minutes via underground tunnels). Very helpful and knowledgable staff, comfortable, well-equipped room, very nice architecture and decoration, view. Easy access to underground, metro, and buus station, many good restaurants nearby.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great location!"
The Hilton Bonaventure is very centrally located - right next to the train station and with easy access to many downtown spots. Not many dining options in the hotel, but the central location makes finding something nearby very easy.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Mom & Daughter weekend in Montreal!"
Montreal is an addiction! Our stay @ the Boneventure was awesome in every way.! The room, staff, and outdoor pool were hightlights. The easy access to shopping was just what we needed. Everyone we were in contact with was friendly and helpful, going out of their way to provide their service. Each store we went to asked "Why did you come to Canada for Black Friday and shopping? We Canadians go to the states to shop. Guys don't think the grass is greener. Maybe the sales tax is more comfortable, but Montreal's quality and style can not be compared! My daughter wants to do all her future school shopping, prom, etc. in your city! The work ethic, courtesy, and professionalism is unmatched!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Kassie/Olivia
"Cool pool, tired property"
The hotel met our expectations in terms of the room - reasonable size, two double beds, wireless access - but underwhelmed us in terms of service and facilities. The first night we stayed was fine but the second night followed a big holiday event hosted at the hotel. Our neighbors appeared to have enjoyed too much party or suffered from a horrible illness and the noises of discomfort sounded as if they were coming from our closet. I would expect that we could have changed rooms but at 3AM who wants to go to that trouble. We found a previous guest's hair elastic in the dresser drawer, which didn't instill a lot of confidence in the cleaning staff. At breakfast on our second morning, after the big bash, we were met by a harried host who said that we'd have to wait because all of the tables were booked or reserved. When asked at what time an empty table for four that was set or two was reserved, he told us 10AM. Since it was only 9:25 there was plenty of time for breakfast and/or to prepare for the guests with the 10AM reservation. He eventually agreed but I would have thought that he could have figured out a solution more quickly and without prompting. The indoor/outdoor pool is unique. I probably wouldn't return to this hotel because of it but can understand how its novelty is appealing to others. The concrete décor is kind of cool but the rooms, bathrooms, and locker room could use an upgrade.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your constructive comments as they help us improve. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay and be assured that we will follow-up diligently on them. We hope to welcome you back so that you can see our improvements!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice gardens and pool"
Nice gardens and pool in the Top floor, good quality food and attention, parking is expensive
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Business comfort"
Most comfortable room in a long time. Room was very clean, and bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Good location and service"
Stayed 3 nights after a cruise. Nice room, well-equipped, everything worked. Great breakfast buffet with RIPE fruits and melon, and a big bowl of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries along with the usual fixings. Busy in the evenings with post-conference barflies. Prompt room servicing. Right across from the central train station, and within walking distance to Old Montreal, Chinatown, and lots of good restaurants.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your nice comment about our hotel! I'm glad that you had a few days after your cruise to enjoy our beautiful city and we hope to see you again soon!
3 night trip Oct 22, 2014
Ed Jarvis
But the walls were thin. Decor a bit outdated. But an awesome and friendly and knowledgeable greeter at the door!
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
My husband and daughter and I had a very nice time in Montreal and staying at the Hilton Bonaventure. Every encounter we had with the staff was professional and friendly. The room was clean, the beds were on the small side, but comfortable and the room had everything we needed. There was a hair dryer, nice body products, an ironing board, television and free Wi-Fi. We also had a very nice view from our room of the cathedral across the street. The heated rooftop pool was also very nice and relaxing. The breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT! All of the food was really good and there was a great selection. I suppose my only gripe is that for the price, it could have been a bit fancier... the hotel itself seems a bit dated and not as fancy as the photos lead you to believe. Its a perfectly nice hotel though.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Many thanks for choosing our hotel and for writing such a nice review! Our culinary team is very happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Our pricing is comparable to other four-star hotels in the area. We offer a great central location and extensive facilities. We hope to welcome your family again soon!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Molly
"Nice room if you can get to it"
This is a hotel above an offices occupying the lower floors. The room was very nice and comfortable but the elevator didn't go to our floor, which meant dragging our bags up and down stairs, which is hard to believe in this day and age. So we enjoyed the room but we won't be back.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that we did not indicate the guest elevator that brings you to your room. It is actually near the front desk. We will work on improving the signage. We hope that you will reconsider us for your visits in Montreal in the future.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Excellent location with an inviting pool. Next trip we will bring bathing suits! Rooms were very clean and staff was extremely helpful. Twenty minute walk to Old Montreal five minutes to the Bell Center. Tours available a short distance away or pick up at the hotel..
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Many thanks for the 5 star review and wonderful compliments towards our team! Yes, do bring your swimsuits on your next visit. See you soon!
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"convenient to event"
The hotel personnel were very helpful. I was able to have a cot moved in to the room for an extra guest. Room was quiet and comfortable.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for choosing our hotel I am glad that we were able to help you with your special request. See you again soon!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Gail
Great roof gardon design , hotel is very clean and fashion looking. In good location for exploring montreal also.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
WOW! Thank you very much for the superb review and top score. Come back soon!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"It was Okay"
We paid for upgraded room but didn't get it. According reception rep who checked us in they didn't have any. According to the one that helped us check out: "I have no idea. You had to ask reception associate when you checked in." RUDE!!! All rooms are on the same floor - most of the building is not a hotel which made me feel like I was in summer camp. No room service at night. The room was outdated but it was clean. The location is good- night life gem.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the front desk issues. We will ensure that our team improves in offering a consistently higher level of service. We hope to welcome you back in Montreal soon.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
Ksenia
"Great Place"
Great location near old Montreal. Its a 10 - 15 minute walk to tons of restaurants, the ports and shops of the tourist Montreal and the shopping streets of St. Catherine and the wonderful underground city. The people and the hotel were wonderful. Located on the 17th floor of a concrete building, the amount of green space is literally unbelievable. Only issue I had was very spotty wifi in the rooms. The pool in wonderful and the parking is a little weird as it's not part of the hotel and no in/out privileges. Cost depends on time. We left our car parked the entire time so paid the play CD21.00
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Many thanks for choosing us and for your superb review! I'm glad that our location was good for you and that you had the opportunity to visit our beautiful city. We look forward to your next visit!
3 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
travellor2
"convenient,close to rail station"
very satisfactory
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for staying with us and see you soon!
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
"This has got to be one of the Best Hilton Hotels"
We love this hotel and return regularly. My husband is on a first name basis with Mauro. The pool is open year round and always warm! Makes for a fun & relaxing part of our visits. The layout of the hotel is amazing- I don't know how they did it. Staff is always wonderful. People of all ages are always here, french & English, which also makes it fun. Montreal is a great city.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for this superb review! Your loyalty and ongoing enjoyment means a lot to us. We are very happy to welcome you every time. See you soon!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Danielle
"WONDERFUL HOTEL....ELEVATOR ISSUES....."
HOTEL WAS WONDERFUL....IN CENTER OF SHOPPING (UNDERGROUND ESPECIALLY). EASY TO REACH SUBWAYS, BUSES, SUPER NEAR THE CENTRAL TRAIN STATION. HOTEL ITSELF BEAUTIFUL ROOMS, POOL, RESTAURANT BUT MAKE SURE ASK FOR ROOM ON SECOND FLOOR.....AS YOU HAVE TO CARRY YOUR PACKAGES OR LUGGAGE UP AND DOWN STEPS- NO ELEVATOR AVAILABLE FOR 1ST FLOOR ROOMS.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for your nice review! Actually, we do have an elevator that brings you to the 1st and 2nd floor of the guest rooms but it is (very unfortunately) tucked in the corner. We are working on a signage concept to make it more visible. We'd love to see you again soon!
2 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
SHOP GIRL
It´s a good hotel. It´s located close from 747 route (airport bus) and 5 or 6 blocks from convention center.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for choosing us for your most recent stay in Montreal. Come back soon!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Amazing pool and great hotel"
Very romatic setting. Breakfast was great. Love every details of the hotel. The pool is truly legendary as claimed. Love to stay again.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and we'd love to see you again soon for another romantic getaway!
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
"Great with kids!"
Great with Kids! Awesome service and amazing pool.
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for bringing your family to our hotel and lovely city of Montreal! We are happy that you found our service and pool to your liking. We hope to welcome you again soon!
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Missy
"Mcnewyork"
Short 2-night trip was very pleasant, great location!
Response by Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Thank you for staying with us during your short getaway! See you soon!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014