All hotels in Florence, Italy

Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Great Location/Great Traditional Hotel"
I was here for only one night and the hotel was very convenient and close to the station. Nice classic, traditional hotel. The roof top terrace is wonderful with panoramic views of Florence.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Bruce
"Grand Accomodations in Florence"
This is a beautiful hotel. We loved the roof-top patio with outstanding views of Florence. It was nice to have a drink and relax after a day of sightseeing. Our room was elegant, the service was outstanding. We ate in the restaurant, the food and service was four star.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Frances
"Nice hotel close to train station"
Great location, great service! Room is impressive!
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Joy,
"Extremely Overrated!"
This hotel is a 3 STAR at best! While the location of the hotel is good, the hotel itself is extremely dated and in desperate need of a renovation. The rooms are very unattractive and worn, and the bathrooms are cramped with old amenities and fixtures. For this price point you can find a much better hotel in Florence.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
MF
"Older hotel but very nice!"
This is an older hotel but the staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was a little dated but we took a peek in another room that looked amazing. It was within walking distance to everything. They have a nice roof top resturant. We would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Keith
"Lovely hotel with great views"
This hotel is lovely. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were charming. I would love to stay here again.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Ali
"Truly Grand"
My wife and I had a lovely stay here. They treated us well from the beginning and we left feeling great. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Room was somewhat small, and breakfast was mediocre. We enjoyed everything else about the hotel. Staff we're friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Would not go back. Is not up to 4 star standards. Not enough drawers, had to live out of suitcase. Concierge not very helpful, breakfast disappointing. Not enough lighting in room. Do not recommend !
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
G
The hotel is a little bit dated (as in a little old) but maintained reasonable well. The staff extremely helpful, and the location - very close to the train station and walkable to all the sights make it a very attractive option for the stay. The breakfast buffet included was quite reasonable and made it easier to manage our mornings with our 3 year old.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
Srivatsan
"Florence Hotel"
Excellent hotel, across from the station and walking distance to everything. Fantastic view of the Duomo. Would recommend it highly
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Best location and excellent staff"
Literally across train station (S.M.N) if you must travel to various places to and from Florence. Few minutes walk to Duomo and many must see places in Florence. Close also to shopping areas whether you are looking for a bargain or the high end Italian brands (Gucci, Prada, etc). If you plan to buy tour packages, the hotel offers guided tours or simply take hop-on hop-off buses across the street. The roof garden has a magnificent view of Florence and very romantic for a dinner or morning coffee. My wife and I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary and our dinner was very memorable having the magnificent Duomo on our close sight while enjoying excellent live music. We made reservation for two nights but extended another night. I couldn't thank enough Mr. Francesco who was very professional and helpful. This is a great hotel and I would come back again on our next visit to Florence.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Arvin
"Nice hotel close to all sights."
Great location close to train station and walking distance to almost everywhere in Florence. Great breakfast in a restaurant with full view of Florence!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Mah
"Great view of Duomo on the roof"
Overall the hotel was great and the location was even better. Overall the staff was friendly and tried to accommodate us in every way. Stayed here for several nights because we loved the view of the Duomo and wanted to take wedding pictures on the roof but couldn't get great pictures because a lady setting up breakfast yelled at our photographer because she was setting up breakfast and refused to wait 2 minutes for us to get a shot. Showers were a little annoying because you couldn't move the shower head and the shower door was not big enough so the floor would end up wet every time.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Millyt
"classic yet nice hotel"
it is a very nice hotel. very close to the railway station. walking distance to all Florence attractions. Hotel is classic and a bit old, but maintained in a good condition. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable.Staff is very friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Dewi
"Loved our time in Florence"
The hotel is literally right across the street if coming by train. We walked with our luggage with ease. The rooms were vintage but the decor was appreciated. Beautiful stained glass windows that opened up to views of a beautiful basilica. The rooftop terrace views didn't get much better. We frequently had drinks from rooftop, accompanied with amazing views. Enjoyed our time! Would stay again!
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Ashley
"One of the best hotels ever!"
This place was amazing! Only complaint was that the beds were a little too firm, other than that I would definitely stay here again as this is an amazing hotel.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
MIchele
Location of the hotel is very convenient and is the only point that took us there. It is 2-3 walk from Florence novella station. The front desk staff was not very courteous. During our stay in different hotels throughout our stay in Italy we didn't have this problem. I will give average rating to this hotel
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Zehra
"Great location, OUTSTANDING root-top terrace!!!!!"
Loved this place! The roof-top terrace was worth the price of admission!!!! Would love to spend every breakfast and evening- time there!!!!!
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in."
Hotel is very close to the train station and all the attractions. It's a more expensive hotel but it's really nice and so is the staff. I would definitely recommend it to everyone!
"Hotel Baglioni: A beautiful experience"
Excellent location, beautiful view of the Santa Maria Novella church from our room. And even more beautiful view of the whole city from the rooftop terrace. The room was great! Will stay there every time I visit Florence!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Pepe
"Grand location; once-grand hotel"
The Baglioni is literally across the road from S.M. Novella station, and it's connected by an underground walkway useful during inclement weather. This puts the hotel about 5 minutes' walk from the Mercato Centrale and the Duomo and great shopping. Clearly this was once an extremely nice hotel, though now a little on the shabby side. Service was great, the room was clean, and had A/C and a mini bar fridge w/space for our own snacks. We could hear louder-than-normal talking from time to time, but weren't sure if it was through the wall or coming up from the courtyard below the window. If you stay, be sure to take advantage of the rooftop bar - it has extraordinary panoramic views of the city. We stayed here because our original Florence lodging fell through the day before arrival, making it tough to balance location and budget. For the price, I probably wouldn't return to the Baglioni, but our stay was lovely.
4 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Very nice hotel. Great roof top deck and bar. Staff was. Very helpful. Convenient to everything
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Old world Italian ... Supposedly 4 star hotel, not"
The staff was pleasant, but the actual facility dark and depressing. The walls were dirty. The upholstery on the furniture threadbare and worn. In fact, the upholstered bench in our room had a bad patch job where there had been a rip or hole in the fabric. The room just felt dirty. We were supposed to stay several nights, but checked out after one night. So disappointing!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
CBC
I was traveling with my sister, brother, and sister-in-law, and we were given fabulous rooms opposite each other with our own closed small hallway - although the furniture was dated, it was marvelous with drawers everywhere so that we could unpack for our 5-day stay in Florence. The staff were excellent and helped to recovery UPS sent replacement credit cards for my sister who was robbed in Portofino (3 young girls surrounded her and lifted her wallet from her pocketbook). The breakfast room has a splendid view of the Duomo................
5 night family trip May 21, 2014
"great location"
just across the train station and right where you catch your tours. Great breakfast with eggs and bacon and lots more. Our room was far although very nice. Greatlocation we walked everywhere.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"beautiful old hotel--but quality problems"
It was great to stay in this beautiful old building. There were a few quality hitches. For one, the breakfast--while in a beautiful setting with a view on the Duomo--is rather poor quality. No proper bread (only baguette, super-thin white toast, and tiny buns), budget-brand cereals, buffet not replenished, and non-attentative and somewhat grumpy staff (twice I had to grab utensils from a neighbor table). Another was that the shower gel and shampoo were not replenished properly--one day I was replenished 4 tubes of body lotion, 1 of shower gel, and a second tube of shower gel being empty. The shower gel and shampoo were liquid like water, like they were refilled by a department under budget pressure. You really don't want someone to come to your room to bring shower gel when you are standing naked under the shower when you find out. Given the price, this is not acceptable. The power adapter plug I was given was broken. Someone had to come to my room twice to bring me a working one. The Wifi did not connect using the provided password; again, someone had to come in and log in for me--using some internal password, so I couldn't do it myself a second time on my phone later. If you book there, make sure the roof-top construction has completed. The roof-top bar has a stunning city view, but was closed during my stay due to rebuilding. The construction also caused some noise in the rooms.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Under construction."
The hotel did not have my reservation. I had my confirmation papers so I was given a room on the 4 th floor and there was construction on the 5 th. Every morning at 9:00 the drills started and also the street noise at night was bothersome. The service desk was very helpful and the breakfast buffet was very very good. The view from the breakfast room was excellent.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Beautiful hotel - perfect location"
This hotel was just wonderful. The service was terrific and the rooms were well appointed. We were within walking distance of all galleries and attractions. The breakfast room was just beautiful with great views of the Basilica.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Loraine
"Close to Duomo, train station, Interesting streets"
Great front desk help. Hotel has wide hallways; very clean, spacious room; modern bathroom where everything worked; lovely view of Duomo from our room. Fine breakfast buffet. We would stay here again.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
Claudia Ward
"Could do a whole lot better"
The hotel had a sewer stink in the hall ways.Concierge service was good.
4 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"Old World Elegance"
This was a very convenient location near to the train station. Very elegant. Good service with an excellent buffet breakfast in the price. Stored luggage while we toured on the day of check out.
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
"Awesome hotel and location"
Hotel was very romantic. The location couldn't have been any better. Out my balcony window was a perfect view of the DUOMO. The train station is a 5 minute walk away. Perfect place, perfect bar tender, perfect location. Definitely recommended!
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
Sergio
"Conveniently located to all historic sites."
We took the train in from Venice and were able to walk through the underground passageway to the hotel. Florence is a very walkable city, and the location of the hotel is ideal. The buffet breakfast was included and was very nice, but the panoramic views from the dining room made it an outstanding experience. The room was comfortable. We did return to hotel one evening to find that housekeeper had neglected to clean our room/change towels, but front desk sent someone immediately upon our complaint.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Dorothy
"Excellent Location"
If you want an easy walk from the train station this is your hotel. So if you want to avoid pulling your luggage over the cobblestone sidewalks/streets this location is perfect.
2 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2014
Holly and Company
"comfortable and elegant hotel, perfect location"
The hotel staff were very welcoming, we arrived easily on foot from the train station which is across the road. Then we were able to walk to all the main attractions, duomo, popular squares, shopping areas, etc
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Haneen
"Excellent location, staff, and settings."
Hotel is located in the middle of everything that Florence has to offer. - Staff were extremely helpful and friendly - Location is 10 minutes away by foot from all Florence attractions. - The hotel is very old but renovated elegantly to keep the old historic feeling and still offer modern comforts - Breakfast is normal but fresh and staff is friendly - Very spacious room, we took the double deluxe and it was magnificent
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Fadi
"Great location, lovely historic biulding"
Arrived New Years Day ( after new years eve in London) and the staff were wonderfully understanding. Breakfasts were delicious, although some of our party weren't used to the European style. The location was walking distance to all the "sights", and a short walk to the train station when we left for Rome.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Ken
"GREAT HOLIDAY"
We were in Florence over New Year's. The location is wonderful. The staff were very helpful, breakfasts lovely, and we liked the American style bar. The hotel is across the street from the train station and on New Year's Eve there was lots of action. The noise didn't bother us since we were expecting it but other guests complained. It is very clean, well kept original furnishings and décor. We would stay here again and recommend it to anyone wanting to be in the middle of the action.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Lynn
"Exceeded expectations!"
My family felt like we were treated like royalty. It made x-mas in Florence so extra special. It was nice to start the day with breakfast and after a day of sightseeing it was nice to some back to a fabulous room. Staff was fabulous.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2013
Hope to return!
"Nice hotel, close to train station"
My wife and I stayed 5 nights in this hotel and we were treated very good, the staff was professional and polite the room was clean but the bed was like to hard we both complained to each other about it but other than that great hotel and location ...
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Al
"The beds are uncomfortable."
The hotel is located near the train station and is convenient if you take the train to Florenze. The temperature in the room is set and you have to ask for the heat to be turned higher. The rooms are very clean. The TV is poor with limited channels. The breakfast was very complete. We stayed in for dinner and we were the only customers. Staff is knowledgeable of wines. The hotel manager was rude and disrespectful. My son noticed (as it was not told to us) that we could use a discount coupon for our dinner that was in our room. At check out I asked to apply it to my bill. It was a huge inconvenience for them. The clerk at the counter told me that I had to go back to the restaurant and I did. The Matradee was helpful (he was also the greeter for Breakfast); he asked the Restaurant Manager who screamed and shouted. It was embarrassing and uncalled for. We did not find the hotel overall very friendly. I would not go back but give another hotel a chance.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Rosie
Spent 5 wonderful days in Florence.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
bob
"Excellent hotel centrally located in Rome."
My husband & I stayed at this hotel for four nights. We were in Italy to celebrate our 25th anniversary. My husband requested a room on the fifth floor so we would have a balcony & view. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Wonderful room & amazing view. They also gave us a bottle of champagne upon arrival to celebrate our anniversary. Room was very clean, wonderful atmosphere. Nice breakfast buffet.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Cheryl
"Amazing location"
Fantastic hotel. Charming and perfect location to everything in Florence. Would definitely come back and stay there again.
5 night romance trip Oct 19, 2013
"Easy walk to train and city sights"
Even though the hotel was fully booked, they were very accommodating when we asked to stay an additional night due to a schedule change on our part. Fabulous view of the city from the breakfast room.
3 night trip Oct 30, 2013
"Place to stay if traveling by train"
It was a nicely located and clean hotel. The sound insulation that the window provided was excellent. The breakfast was also very nice. One issue we had was that the comforter was way too warm even for the coolest setting of the A/C, which did not seemed to be working well in October. Another relatively minor issue was that there weren't enough shelf space for toiletries in the bathroom.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Great location and service, but overpriced & dark"
Stayed here for two nights recently when just about every other room in Florence at their price point was booked. The location is wonderful: just steps from both the train station and major sights like the duomo, david, etc. The staff & concierge were terrific, exactly what one would expect of a "4 star" hotel. Unfortunately, the 4 star ratings end w location and service. The room we had was incredibly small. our "double bed" was really just two twins shoved together. for some inexplicable reason, the incredible view our room had of the duomo (we stayed on 4th floor) was never showcased as our room had stained glass windows and blackout shutters. the bathroom was tiny, and the shower was so small i literally had to stand sideways to fit into it. And while again the view on the top dining" floor was great, the complimentary continental breakfast served there was by far the worst we had of the four hotels we stayed in while in Italy. Selection was limited, eggs were watery, breads, fruits, and pastas were of inferior quality. It is because of the inescapable shortcomings of the structure itself and the food served that I cannot reccommend Baglioni as a "4-star" hotel. In reality, I would say its best comps (outside of concierge) are of the two star variety.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Perfect hotel for a wonderful city"
This is a very stylish hotel situated in the center of Florence.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Great hotel in a very good location if you are traveling by train.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013