All hotels in Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Granby Street, Leicester, England, LE1 6ES, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A good hotel"
The bathroom needs towel racks and a place to put shampoos, body wash etc in or near the shower. But it was nice and quiet and the staff were very helpful.We loved it's central location.
4 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Tricky towels"
We stay at this Hotel rather regularly because our son attends the University of Leicester. Overall, the service is generally very warm and accommodating especially in the bar and dining room. Our review would have been higher but we found the desk clerk during the weekend to be rather prickly. In addition, if it is known that a room is being occupied by more than one person, why is the second set of towels "hiding" in the closet? They should be in the bathroom ready for use. When we brought this to attention, we were struck with an almost a sarcastic response - towels in a plastic bag on the bed. Why, again, were they just not put in the bathroom to be ready for the guest?? Small thing but somewhat indicative of a bad attitude by the desk clerk and housekeeping. We will stay again because of the convenience. Hopefully the desk and housekeeping can be as accommodating as the wait staff.
3 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Nice hotel but short stay."
I didn't arrive here until well after midnight, the night porter let us in the lobby as was very kind even in our sleep-deprived state. The hotel and room were nice, a little dated but more then sufficient. Unfortunately I left early the next day and didn't get to explore more of the surrounding area.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
"Walking to where all things are in Leicester"
This hotel is in a fantastic location. I'm sure the hotel management realizes this. Having another hotel in this close area would be helpful to provide competition and if so, I think the Mercure could step up and become deserving of 5 stars rather than 4. They simply need to try a little harder.
10 night trip Oct 12, 2012

"Small Room"
An expensive and very small double room. I didn't use other hotel services so I don't know about those, but I'd avoid the place just because of the tiny room.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Leicester central comfort and quirkiness"
Comfortable hotel well located in central Leicester, with access to restaurants, bars and shopping areas. Great decor all throughout. Breakfast could've been better though.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Mohamedrashid
"overnight stay"
Have to say for a 4 star hotel the state of the room was bad staff helpful very noisy stayed in better so called budgethotel
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Graduation stay"
Very enjoyable stay with a first class breakfast excellent
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
helen
"Fantastic hotel, ideal for the centre of Leicester"
Excellent hotel, really nice room and quiet too. Only downside was I was on the 5th floor and the lift only went to the 4th floor so had to carry luggage up some steep twisty staircases to get to my room. Otherwise, everything was spot on. Would highly recommend!
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
JASON
"Check your booking!"
I booked a B&B rate, but on arrival was told it was room only. Receptionist told me she would rectify this, but next morning had to go through the embarrassment of being refused breakfast. It was rectified this time, but dreaded going down on the second morning I case it happened again. Thankfully it didn't. Other than that, it's a nice hotel but something has gone with the refurb.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Brenda
A grand old hotel, slightly crusty in the corners but with a modern twist. Breakfast restaurant manager a touch terse with his 'processing' of guests but otherwise OK
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
The hotel was lovely and very welcoming. I think there should be air con in bedrooms as it was very humid and the windows only opened a little bit. Speaking with other residents and they said the same thing especially with the price of the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
alan
"Nice hotel but slow restaurant service."
Stayed here for business - Wifi code didn't work so ended up just using my own data via a dongle. I called for room service but the phone just kept ringing - This was a Tuesday Night and there were two tables of people in the restaurant so I couldn't understand why there was no answer. I ended up going down to the restaurant where it took ages for someone to actually seat me. The wait for food was very long, I had wanted room service as I needed to work in my room but thought going to the restaurant may be quicker. I left and hour and a half later which was crazy considering that I was now the only person in the restaurant. I had the same story for breakfast, it took another customer to flag a member of staff in my direction to be seated. Fortunately breakfast was a buffet so once you are seated you no longer have to wait for service. Staff were friendly when I did see them but the slow service really took away from what would have been an enjoyable stay. I would stay again but I wouldn't eat in the restaurant which claims to be a great Marco Pierre White Italian, a real shame!
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Rebecca
"Lovely hotel for weekend away"
Was visiting for a wedding. Location was spot on. The hotel itself was lovely, very modern. Would stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Molly
"we were not disappointed"
stayed at the Mercure for a trip to the races. Our room was faultless however I understand others have yet to be refurbished. The reception area, bar and restaurant were salubrious yet comfortable. Nothing was to much for the staff, everyone was friendly, professional and helpful
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Georgina
Great hotel, will definitely stay again!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Excellent stay...all you need for business trip. Clean room, good location and excellent wifi.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Mohammed
"A bit of a mish-mash"
Wonderful. So the only my onlybgripe reallybwas regarding my friend who I shared a double bed with and I hate sharing double beds THE ONE NIGHT extra night which I spent on my own however was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT with a bath AND shower and I liked the little notice you could python the door handle saying don't disturb I sleep context time If there is I will wear it round my neck as I am lying next to, you friend in bed!
2 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
MS G R
Stayed here 2 nights b&b for a wedding recently. A very pleasent hotel which we thought was good value for the price we paid. Food was ok and the service recieved from the ladies on the front desk was excellent. I was surprised that i had to pay £8 a day for parking though ? But there seemed to be little other option in and around Leicester. Not that its a huge amount, just surprised as it isn't mentioned anywhere on your booking confirmation. So overall i reckon above average hence 4.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Great stay, nice refurbishment to hotel"
Excellent stay. Recent refurbishments to the hotel has really improved it, excellent quality of bar, restaurant and communal areas in the hotels. Really impressed!
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Aaron
"Mercure Leicester - Pleasant and Simple"
Really nice hotel in the heart of Leicester City Centre. Very close to shopping, food and night life!
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good central location"
Good hotel. Better than I expected for the price. It is nicely decorated although the room was pretty small and a bit noisy with some late night revellers outside on the Saturday night, but I guess we were out pretty late too! Breakfast was good, staff friendly with a nice bar and DJ doing some wee tunes in the front bar area. Only issue was that the reception staff didn't mention the discount for the parking, so we ended up paying quite a bit for parking, when we would have got a lot off if we had known. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Megan
"Grand stay"
Fantastic stay excellent service friendly staff very helpful. Only disappointment was the expensive car parking charge although it is city centre parking.
1 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"weekend"
good location great stay
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
nigel
"Standard hotel close to town centre"
Hotel was clean, kind of small room, very hot! (But could of been the time of year). There was a wedding on, music very loud until 1 am - didn't bother us that much, but could have other guests with children etc. Great location right near town centre. Staff were okay. Good added bonus of parking being £8 until the next evening. Wouldn't stay there for more than a night, but as out of the hotel most of the time it served its purpose. Bed was comfy.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Not as good as previous stays"
We've stayed here before, this time we arrived early, but couldn't check in to our room & were told by Reception to return at 2pm. Returning after 2pm we still couldn't check in to our room (the receptionist was obvious challenged by housekeeping when she was expediting our room as she had to confirm to that the time was 2.10pm), so we swapped with our daughters room, as we wanted to get down to the rugby ground, before the 3pm K.O. As we had visited on our own before, we had told our teenage daughter what to expect; unfortunately the rooms were half the size, and regarding the bathrooms - they both seemed to have entered a 1970'd time warp. If you are wanting a bath when you stay at the Grand, and you average size, I found you will be constraint on width of the bath. On returning from the match we had a drink in the reception foyer bar; putting the drinks on our room by informing of our room number, confirming surname & signing chitty. We went out had some food, returned to the same hotel bar & this time I was told I should bring my room id card in future. The noise from the street below can be irritating, but I think you have to recognise it is a city centre location. Breakfast was much better organised than the last time we visited, with all of the cooked breakfast available. I did give some of this feed back when we settled the bar bill & the receptionist (who had dealt with us the previous day) graciously removed the car parking charge from the bill.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Night out in Leicester"
Room was miles from reception and a rabbit Warren of corridors. Bedroom was fine but bathroom was quite poor with very low water pressure and noisy cistern which didn't flush to well. Didn't eat at the hotel as it was quite expensive.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
neil
"Night in Leicester"
Great hotel. Very comfortable and quiet if you ask for an internal room. Very surprised to have a small sitting room adjoining the bedroom as well as an ensure bathroom. Breakfast at £10 is excellent. Car parking at £8 was a bit surprising.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"The Best Hotel in Leicester City Centre"
Beautiful bar and dining area, great service. The bedroom was clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed. Great, central location.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Lovely staff!"
The Hotel staff are sooo nice! Quite refreshing.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Bukola
"Lovely stay"
Polite and friendly staff. Lovely decor on the ground floor of the hotel and nice restaurant
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
Mrs Kirsty A
"one of the few hotels in the city centre"
rooms were too hot, especially uncomfortable in a location too noisy to have windows open at night. Hotel has had a refurb recently and is smart and clean, but breakfast buffet was very average, given the hotel is supposed to be 4*
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Leicester break"
Staff polite and helpful. Hotel clean and comfortable. Noisy on Saturday night due to disco in hotel on until one in the morning.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Alan
I stayed mid week, Thursday, the staff was helpful and allowed me to leave my car the following day due to a meeting i had in town. The only issue i had was my room was a very long walk to get there.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Excellent staff and service!!!!"
The staff were absolutely amazing they couldn't have been any more helpful and the room service was so fast. we requested an ice bucket from the bar and it came in under 5 minutes. Location was also perfect as it is right in the middle of the city.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Hannah
"Grand Hotel"
Overnight stay to go to Demountford Hall and shopping. The Hotel was ideally situated with a short walk (15 mins) to the Hall, the roads were well lit and safe for two girls to walk to and from the hotel even after the show had finished. About a 10 min walk into the town centre. Hotel staff and reception staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. The stay was slightly more expensive (£6) than over popular hotels for an overnight stay but I would strongly recommend that you book as we felt very pampered and well looked after and it made the whole experience feel special. An other important point to note is that the hotel was very quite, there was none of the back ground noise which you normally get in hotels such as other bedroom doors closing, TV noise and you did not hear toilets flushing. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
"Leicester overnight stay"
An overnight stay with my daughter, very happy to be given a complimentary upgrade to a privilege room. Room comfortable if a little dark, staff very pleasant and helpful.
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
Pawlina
"Good value for money"
The décor of the room was better than on the pictures which was a nice surprise. However the room was very hot and the street side room was noisy. The breakfast was excellent, lots of choice, lovely food. Had to collect ice bucket as a charge on room service. Would stay there again, good value for money.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
lydia
"Great location, ok hotel"
The hotel is in a fantastic location, right on the main street. The reception looks lovely and welcoming and the staff were also very pleasant. The room itself was a little disappointing, it felt tired and could do with some modernising. It was a smallish room but it was an ok size for an individual. The bathroom however looks like it had just been redeveloped, with the exception of the weak shower it was the opposite of the room itself.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Helen
"Smashing hotel!"
Excellent Hotel for a business trip to Leicester. Recently refurbished to a high standard, in a great location in city centre with ample parking at a reasonable rate. All round a good hotel experience.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Clive
The room was very warm. Perhaps too much. The service from the hotel staff was fantastic. They were helpful and very kind to my wife and I. Great location.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Alan
"Water didnt work!!"
Unfortunately the whole morning of the day we were going to check out the water just didnt work! The hotel didng even do anything to compensate apart from say sorry it will be back on soon. We had a late check out, around 1pm & water still didnt work!! So no showers, toilets or sinks could be used
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Night out in January"
Hotel was a great location. Currently under renovation.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Giles
"Great location for visiting Leicester Tigers"
Great location, we used for watching Lester Tigers. We had a nice room, but noisy as there was a nightclub nearby. Staff were very friendly & we had excellent service at the bar Saturday night (31st Jan). The place is undergoing refurbishment, so ignore the carpets. The car park was expensive, £15 for 24 hour stay, breakfast was what you would class as average & suffered with a poor supply of food (fried eggs).
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Unpleasant stay"
I pay for a hotel to expect the services to work. There was no water at all! Awful!
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"mercure Leicester"
Everything we were looking for; a comfortable, well placed hotel with pleasant staff.
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
katy
"Excellent service, nice central hotel"
They moved our rooms as there was a big function on- the room they moved us to was excellent. A little thing but upon ordering room service coffee I thought the volume was very generous, it lasted me all morning.
2 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Nice room. Not sure we'd stay here again though."
Room was lovely but there was significant building work being done on the ground floor which was disappointing. Also, for an expensive hotel it was surprising to have to pay an additional £7 for parking.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"renovations"
if i knew they where having renovations i would not have stayed there want to have a romantic meal for my anniversary but could not as the reception was a tip with workmen all over the place but the room was spot on staff sound
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Building site in Leicester"
I didn't know about the extensive building work in reception and was pleased not to have had to eat Sunday breakfast with the builders. Having arrived back to the hotel late on Saturday night, we were met by a very surly reception.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014