All hotels in Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Granby Street, Leicester, England, LE1 6ES, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Location for the City Center"
The room was very comfortable and clean. The main area's of the hotel are currently been upgraded so this will only enhance the already comfortable environment. We had an issue that was caused by Expedia's auto booking process but this was dealt with very quickly and efficiently by the reception staff which resolved the problem.
Big D
"Leicester"
Very nice stay despite the front of the hotel having a refit. Staff very friendly
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Grand Stay in Leicester"
Only THE best hotel in Leicester and soon to be even more incredible as it goes through its up grade. Jim the manager is so helpful as are all of the staff. Great rooms, fantastic location and even better prices. Close to Tigers, Walker Stadium and all the shops, you can not ask for more.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Carl
"Not up to it's 3/4 star rating"
This hotel failed to meet my expectations. Two out of three of the reception staff were neither friendly or welcoming. The rooms were very very 'tired'. The bathroom looked desperate, everything worn, grey towels, mould in the grouting and paper thin walls. I won't stay here again and would not recommend it.
1 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2014
Caroline
"Lovely Hotel close to restaurants, bars and shops"
Had a lovely stay, staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again, lots of things to do a short walk away.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Student returning to Leicester."
I spent Weds evening in a roomer colder than any I had as a student. Despite the somewhat onerous procedure should I decide to charge anything to my room I had somebody else's charges added to my account. The signature didn't even come close and some charges were room service - surely the number on the door should be the giveaway here - how on Earth can they be charged to a different room? Apologies were forthcoming but somewhat insincere. I'll not be returning to Leicester anyway but the Mercure brand didnt come out of this experience particularly well.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Wandering Brit
"Great service. Special thanks to the receptionist!"
Nice clean comfy room. Excellent and polite service all round. Special thanks to the lady on reception, who went out of her way to find an iPhone charger in lost property for me. as I'd forgotten to bring mine!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Sean Kerrigan
"Useful for Station and City Centre."
Breakfast okay for price. Lots of comfortable sitting areas in foyer area. Room very modern and very good condition. Very happy considering I got a room for Premier Inn prices.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
D
"Nice hotel close to city centre"
Convenient location and friendly reception service
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Ma
HK
"Service good except for the late night bar!"
Overall I was pleased with this hotel, the staff at Reception and Breakfast were very pleasant. However, on both nights the attending barman was not particularly helpful.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
daiwilli
"Nice hotel - central location"
Nice hotel in the centre of Leicester - pretty features and helpful staff.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
janey103
"Great service"
One of the best hotels I've stayed at. Lovely room. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Definitely stay again. Thanks.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Andy W
"Noisy neighbours !"
Pros:- Nice Hotel, friendly staff Cons:- Noisy guests, Classic Room was very small & congested
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Great weekend stay"
Had a lovely time, hotel was lovely and the staff were excellent.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Chelsea
"Great room shame about the neighbours"
Lovely clean room, very comftable.But our stay was ruined for 2 reasons. 1st Couple next door having blazing row on landing at 3am for over an hour, expected staff to intervene via CCTV but non present. 2nd having been awoken in the night by people in next room Carpet fitters starting fitting carpets at 8 in morning. not impressed. spolit was was a nice weekend away.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
"Good Central Hotel"
Used this as I needed a central location close to both the railway station and Leicester Tigers stadium. Great location and would use again. My room could have had a better service prior to my use but adequate
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Fantastic hotel"
The stay was lovely one of the best hotels in leicester that ive ever stayed at so far
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Xena
"Tidy and Clean, but hot in summer and noisy street"
The room is tidy and clean. But the blankets are too hot when my mum and me stayed in summer time and we can only open a tiny gap for the window. The street is quite noisy at night. There are also no fans and air-condition in the room so we are sweating when we slept. The price of it is quite expensive for a night too. It doesn't worth as a four star hotel.
5 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
The hotel happened to be located with all activities happening within walking distance such that we saved a lot on taxis. The parking seemed ok although l used the one nearby which happened to be cheaper at almost half the price. Had great service according to my needs.
1 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
Tawanda
"Really pleasant stay"
Only stayed one night for my boyfriend's graduation, but if I'm back in Leicester, I would definitely go here again. Quite a nice room for what we paid, though a little small compared to what I was expecting. No problems with cleanliness or staff - though again I was only there for limited hours as I was out on the town for the night. One piece of advice, however - the breakfast may be good, but not worth the very expensive price considering you can get a great breakfast from Weatherspoons about 2 mins down the road for a fraction of the price. Overall a great experience however.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Adam
"Business overnight"
Expensive for what you get. Sky room was good and comfortable. Refurb going on, so corridors will look better once complete. Hotel has character. Very close to the City Clocktower, which starts to chime every 15 minutes from 5.00am!
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Directorman
"average"
it was ok, would give 4 stars for the hotel
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Just Ok."
Great location, room was ok, a few finishing touches could be improved; Bath cleanliness, curtains with marks and the carpet outside the room was a little dated. However for the money and the location the hotel was fine for a one night stay.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
Stephie89
"Fantastic Hotel, Clean,Comfy, and Great Service"
We really enjoyed our stay, It was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The hotel was clean, the room was very comfortable, and the service was great, not forgetting the great price, it was fantastic value for money.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Antonino
"Comfy Beds, Great location"
Great old hotel, comfy bed nice room, layout was a bit odd more for male business travellers maybe, few finishing touches missing from a 4 star
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
Adders999
"Grand Hotel"
The hotel was very grand & ornate if it was still the 1980's, the rooms were clean, but the floorboards creaked and the hotel was a shadow of it's former self, it's badly in need of a bit of TLC, other than that it was ok for a night over.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
Big Lad
"Bad hotel! Not 4 star!"
This hotel is definitely not a 4 star hotel we hardly got any sleep due to the room being so hot and there was no air conditioning available! There was mould in the bathroom and the sound proofing was terrible! Even though windows were closed we could still here the people talking, shouting on the streets into the early hours! Really do not think this hotel was good value for money! Do not stay at this hotel!
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
The hotel was very clean and friendly staff. Rooms were also comfy and spacious. Location was great has it was next to shopping centre which is excellent for shopping. Cathederal was within walking distance so was Guildhall. I would def stay here again.
2 night trip May 22, 2014
Hema
Very pleasant stay, Fantastic central location, Beautiful iconic building! Had a perfect weekend, a will definitely be back Thanks to all the staff
2 night trip May 3, 2014
Tim Tincey
"Nice Mecure"
As far as Mecures go this was one of the nicest ones I have stayed at.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2014
"Lovely large room"
We were using this as a stopover for a race day experience in Loughborough for my son. A last minute request to get an extra bed in room was actioned which we very much appreciated. As we arrived very late in the evening I can't really comment on all of the hotel facilities but our room was lovely, very large and all staff both in the evening and morning very nice. Impressed overall and would definitely stay again!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
VP
"Little Disappointing"
Not a very nice location, but the decors in the hotel is beginning to look a little tired. Can't fault the staff or facilities though..
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Lovely Hotel"
Great hotel, friendly polite staff. Good sized room (Prestige Double)
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
katieod13
"Convenient and comfortable"
This is a convenient and comfortable hotel though a few parts of the hotel fabric look a little worn. Most noteworthy are the attentive staff who work hard and deliver a high quality of professional service.
2 night trip Mar 25, 2014
AP
"Fantastic hotel"
Hotel was a fantastic building and was easy to find and being in the centre of Leicester provided plenty of opportunity to explore some of Leicester . The room was lovely with a comfortable bed and was very clean , will be booking again .
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Jasmine
"Great location, tired rooms"
I'm a frequent business traveller all over the world and travel weekends in the UK for business. I want my room to have all the facilities I need like WiFi, decent TV, ironing board etc. This room did have all that (though WiFi was painfully slow if you used the complimentary one). The hotel throughout is quite tired and that doesn't overly bother me as long as the facilities are there. It's a 4* without a gym and that was my biggest issue. Some of the workmanship around the room/bathroom is a bit shoddy but it was satisfactory overall. The TV was to the side of the bed which meant I could only relax in the armchair that had definitely seen better days and sagged dramatically in the middle. Now I go to the gym most days and am pretty fit so I didn't take this too personally. I moved the bed and it hadn't been hoovered underneath in the previous week, I would say. The place is a popular wedding venue so you can have guests milling around in the early hours trying to find their rooms - that's the politest way I can put it. I won't stay again, but the price for a 2 night weekend was reasonable for what I got and I was offered breakfast for an impressive £6 upon check-in. I didn't take up the offer but I would have had I not have 2 very early starts.
2 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
Adey
"VERY CENTRAL"
Suited our purpose beautifully for its convenience and closeness to the De Montfort Hall and San Carlo restaurant. Staff were extremely helpful, free wifi worked well but was a little miffed that the car park had to be paid for. Overall a great stay.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Andrew Brace
"Good Hotel"
Nice, clean and pretty standard room. Walking distance from station and city centre.
1 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2014
"Located in city centre of leicester"
Decent hotel. It was a cheap stay. The bathroom was very cold, as the window was not properly insulated. Other than that it was OK.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"Seen better days"
This hotel is a bit tired. Lovely staff, great service, good location for the social event I was attending, but the hotel has seen better days. My room was cold when I arrived so I turned up the radiator thermostat - the room was warm enough by the time I got back from dinner. In the morning the shower was lovely apart from the fact that the water didn't drain away fast enough. I was left standing in about 2 inches of water by the end of my shower. Overall, it was reasonably priced but you get what you pay for.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2014
"Central location"
Well located. Good value for the money paid
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"great iocation"
nice room freindly and helpfull staff , comfy bed and a great location
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
fiona
"Great location, comfy beds, general decor dated..."
The Mercure has an air of 'faded glory', but for the price it's a very comfortable and clean business/short stay hotel. It's in the centre of the city - very close to the station and the amenities of the town centre. Booked a Privilege room - it was very large, and the bathroom had a full set of toiletries, which is increasingly rare at mid-market hotels. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Fantastic service"
This was our first stay at this hotel and we were more than happy from the moment we walked in the staff where very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.The room was very nice and clean and the meals were also very good value.The location was very good not far to town centre and shops.We would like to thank Micheal and Kirstern they were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them and because of them we will be returning to the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2014
Mr @ Mrs McGowan
"Old Hotel in City Centre"
The Mercure hotel in Leicester City Centre is a dated hotel that needs a bit of modernisation. The location is great, and the staff are really helpful, but it is a throw-back to the 60's and the rooms are very bog-standard.
2 night trip Dec 7, 2013
M Yuille
ZA
"Fantastic service"
I recently stayed at the Mercure and the service was excellent, the staff where friendly and polite and nothing was two much trouble, the room was clean and functional and my only complaint would be was the room was far to hot and i was unable to turn of the radiators or open a window I will admit that I didnt report this so am unable to comment of if they would have resolved the issue however it was 2am in the morning when i got to the room and didnt fancy waiting for maintenance at that time of the morning
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
alliecat27
"Ok, but little dated"
Building is quite old causing some issues, e.g. single lift. No aircon in the rooms, just heaters. Some rooms are far from the lift (Sky Suites) and with lots of staircases between. Generally ok, but I've stayed in better.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2013
Hotel staff very helpful. Location great
3 night trip Nov 21, 2013
"Good value city centre hotel"
Very pleasant and friendly reception staff. Room was a bit dated and bathroom more so but was quite roomy. The room was very very hot and couldn't turn off the radiator - this has been pointed out by lots of people previously so you would think the hotel might try to solve this one!
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"Greatest location...worst service culture!"
Stayed there for a straight month, breakfast is ok...restaurant staff have a very different culture from the reception team for some reason, extremely helpful and polite and always serve with a smile.... most of the recepeption staff are rude....if it wasnt for my GF who wanted to stay as close as possible to the city while we look for our house, i would have moved out ASAP..
10 night trip Oct 16, 2013