All hotels in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here34631 N Tom Darlington Dr, Scottsdale, AZ, 85262, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"1 year wedding anniversary"
Great location in the mountains. Staff were fantastic. Rooms very clean and resort in outstanding shape.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Mike from Mass.
"Lovely retreat"
Loved staying here. Very secluded and relaxing. Toilet paper was cheap, but everything else seemed very nice. You have to like walking to enjoy this because all of the rooms are dispersed in mini-casitas around the lodge as opposed to up an elevator flight.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
M
"Not a 4 star experience"
Overall disappointment. Had 4 Star expectations, was a 2 star experience. Only 1 of 3 pools was open after 5 pm. Restaurants were mediocre. Nothing available next to resort. Resort's shopping complex was nearly empty. Carpet in room was filthy. When I went barefoot, it made my soles black with grime.
3 night trip Jul 8, 2014
A former Phoenician
Outstanding in every respect. Cannot wait to go back.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Great service"
The hotel is beautifully located with excellent and pleasant staff. Our room "Casita" was spacious and clean. The only thing that we didn't like about our room was the bathtub, it was peeling from usage.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Lilly
"Excellent Customer Service!"
The entire staff was obsessed with customer service. We felt like royalty! The rooms were clean and very cozy. The bed was heaven. We were very pleased with our accommodations as well as the location. There's a great place for burgers down the street called The Blu Burger Grille.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
Happy Customer
"Restful retreat for the weary business owner......"
We were looking for a place to "defrag" and have no real schedule to do anything! Boulders hit the mark! Although it is the most peaceful place I've ever stayed there is plenty to do if you so desire. This property is Perfect for reading that book you have been wanting to read either on your glorius porch with a view in the early morning hours or sitting by one of the 3 gorgeous pools all day long. Hiking in abundance into the amazing desert, world class golfing, 5 Star Spa, fabulous food all on propterty! Shopping & perusing artisans and craft shops in charming villages close by. One thing we would change is staying another week!!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Milita
"Outstanding"
We loved this hotel. Service was second to none. Location was beautiful. I would give it five stars.
3 night romance trip Aug 7, 2014
"Beautiful resort A staff"
We had a wonderful experience from check in to check out! The resort setting is very unique and beautiful, staff is friendly and very attentive. We weren't overly impressed with the Spotted Donkey but the main restaurant was very good.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Sue
We really enjoy The Boulders and look forward to going back. It is a very beautiful and comfortable resort.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
cam
"just an overnight"
We traveled to Scottsdale pickup my new motorcycle and wanted to celebrate. 5 stars for the night before. We were very impressed with the Boulders Resort. Loved the 24hr access to the lovely pool. Bellman to chaufer us all around the resort and it standard so no need to leave. We did however tire of Mexican food quickly. Seems the only cuisine we were offered. We would stay again if need be just to play golf, they have 2 18 hole courses that called my name.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Cheryl
"Just Right..."
This was our second visit to The Boulders and it was just as lovely as before. Location...comfort...service...play and relax.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Best time ever!"
My husband and I went for our anniversary and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very nice and helpful. Will definitely stay there again soon to relax and unwind!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Audrey
"Upgrade a must"
I originally reserved a "Casita". I had asked for a room close to the pool and it seemed none of the Casitas were very close. I paid extra to upgrade to a two bedroom Villa. It was quite spacious & beautiful. I'm not so sure it was worth the $400.00 + that it wound up costing me, but the Casita smelled musty and the carpet was worn & torn. The staff was very friendly. This is NOT a hotel resort, rather condo type accommodations. The Casita will be a disappointment. If you wish to stay, a Villa upgrade is the only way to go!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Eileen
"The Boulders are Stunning"
But the property was a little run down for a five star hotel. Pool area was not maintained very well, wet towels left on lounges hours after people left the area and staff was difficult to find. We also recommend that you eat off property. The Spotted Donkey Cantina's ambience was nice but the food was very expensive and less than mediocre. My main course salad was inedible--so much dressing it was a soggy, unappealing mess and server didn't ask about why it was uneaten.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
30Years
I came to Phoenix for a quick weekend of real estate hunting and golf. I stayed at the Boulders because of its proximity in north Scottsdale to my destinations of visit. I retired back to the Boulders each evening for dinner, and enjoyed both night thoroughly. I especially liked the Boulders margarita and the ribs. The afternoon rain evening added a quietness later that evening, making it a different place after the late afternoon storm and lightening. Everything, including the pace of life, was relaxing.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Greg
"Paradise in the Desert"
Thoroughly enjoyed everything about this resort, from the staff to the amenities, the service was exceptional. The resort fee is actually a great value because it includes valet parking, shuttle services around the resort (golf carts) and gym/spa access. The resort is off the beaten path if you're wanting to do things in Scottsdale (expect to drive 20 - 30 minutes), but seclusion is often a good things when you're needing some good R&R.
3 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Jeremy
"Definitely coming back"
I truly didn't want to leave. Every inch of the sprawling property was beautiful. The staff was of the highest caliber. We came in early august and hit a heavy monsoon and it just added to the beauty and mystique of the place. Dinner was excellent. We ate on the outside covered deck and watched the spectacular lightening show.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Lyn
"Great getaway!"
Wish we could have stayed longer! Loved the atmosphere! We had just come from the Omni Montelucia in Scottsdale, and The Boulders is hands down a more "exclusive" resort. The grounds were immaculate & staff extremely helpful. Having the $30 resort fee cover valet parking, spa use, and bellman/valet gratuities was a bargain. Room was stayed in was huge & felt like a home away from home! Definitely recommend!!!!!
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
"needs updating"
Knowing this was a Waldorf Astoria property my expectations were high. I was disappointed to say the least. Pool very small, This is Arizona in July. No grand lobby, very small and cave like with nothing to let you know where to go when you enter. I do realize it was their off season but I felt the restaurant staff was off their game. If my husband had been told when he ordered the scallops that he would get 3 medium size ones, he would have ordered a steak. I would not revisit. Arizona has many other resort options that I would stay at next time.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Kay Lynn
"Good stay, great bed!"
The Boulders is a nice resort situated in the desert north of Scottsdale. The room was nicely furnished and the staff could not have been more polite. The only problem I had, and it wasn't that big of a problem, was that if you needed your car, or wanted to go pretty much anywhere on the resort, you had to wait for a pickup from the staff. Again, not a problem, just not what I was expecting. Due to an error on my part, I was in 1 casita near the resort center while my wife and son were in a larger villa further away. The best feature, I think was the fantastic bed. I haven't slept so well in years. The one addition I would make to the room is a stocked honor bar, given the gift shop/pantry is a golf cart ride away. Aside from that, a nice stay. Next time in the area, will check out another property, but The Boulders is great.
"happiness"
During my stay all i can say is pure happiness. Service was exceptional.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
PLive
"Wonderful!!"
The resort was beautiful and the service was excellent
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
We had an amazing time and the staff treated us like royalty!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Beautiful oasis in the desert."
We had a very relaxing stay at the Boulders. It's beautiful, the facilities are well manicured and well maintained. The spa was very nice and the fitness center has everything you can imagine.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Rosemary
"Boulders stay"
Very nice stay - beautiful course and surroundings. Was great to walk at night. El Padregal was empty on a Saturday night...I hope its busy during the winter. We were really disappointed that the pool was so outdated and small for such a nice resort. The restaurants seemed a bit out dated as well, even though everything was clean and well kept. This is just in comparing to some of the other resorts in town. Great service though, and the dinner in the on site restaurant was excellent. Service at the pool was poor. Seemed short staffed so not the staff's fault.
AZgirl
"The Greatest Place on Earth"
If I could I would give them a ten in everything! Didn't even know we were still in a city, (exception of the spa next to the road). Had a wonderful night and a great afternoon of golf! Thanks big to Billie at check in, she is fantastic!!!!!
"Paradise"
Best place ever by far. Great service, food, view. Best place to lay back and relax. The closest place to heaven. Definitely going back.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
castulo
"Most amazing vacation!!!! Best ever"
We had an amazing time. The bell staff was remarkable. Completely accomodating and friendly. The concierge wondrful, the front desk amazing! We were always treated quickly, with great respect and courtesy. The food was great, the service impeccable, the casita was roomy and spacious.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Adrienne
"Escape"
Amazing!! Will definitely stay again
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Road trip
"An oasis in the middle of desert."
Everything about this resort is excellent, room, staff, restaurant, landscape, golf... We wish we had stayed longer.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Maria
The Boulders is a great hotel. LGBT friendly and very well maintained. Off season there is a lot to do - it is about 25 mins from downtown Scottsdale, but the remote nature of it makes it ideal. Also if you are doing day trips it is only about 1.5 hours to Sedona.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Jonathon
"Great if you golf"
If you are a golfer, this place is paradise - especially in the hot summer when rates are so much lower. For the non-golfer this property is beautiful but offers much less to do than other top resorts. The pool is fine but not on par with similar properties. The spa and fitness facilities are very good. The dining options are limited and could use an upgrade. It is not possible to eat on property after 10pm, and even then the only option is in the lobby lounge which is ill-suited for actual dining in that most of its tables and chairs are really only geared toward cocktails. The setting of the hotel is undeniably beautiful and the quality and condition of the rooms is very high. I would definitely return here but plan around the property's limitations.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Nice and relaxing"
We are Phoenix locals and wanted a couple of days of relaxation. This was a great resort for that. We felt like we went away but were only 45 minutes from home. The staff from the minute we pulled in until we left were very nice and accomodating. We ate at the main restaurant - good food and service. The grounds were well maintained and we enjoyed walking around looking at the resort and seeing all the natural inhabitants of the grounds. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The pools were clean and not too crowded. We were hoping to be able to gaze at the stars but with it being monsoon season, that didn't happen. Maybe next time...
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Lyn
"Beautiful place!!"
Beautiful hotel. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable! The staff was outstanding and very friendly. The pool was quiet and relaxing. A nice getaway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Beautiful Surroundings"
Quite a beautiful location in the desert. The staff was very friendly and the check-in process was very fast. The restaurant was very nice as well with 5 star service as well. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Will definitely be going back for another visit soon!
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great hotel in the desert"
I went with wife for a business convention and decided to stay in a non business resort. Best choice we could have made. Excellent facilities, very clean and organize with a superb staff. Will definetely stay there again
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Rooms old and too western"
First room seemed like a cave with a view. They moved us to a better and the airconditioner did not work too well. The room was at 76 degrees after running the airconditioner for 6 hours. It finally cooled down around midnight. The were spiders in the first room and both rooms smelled like dust.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Truly outstanding. The resort golf course and grounds were like a botantical garden.
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Nice Resort"
I had a wonderful stay at the resort. I enjoyed the restaurants on site. I spent several hours at the spa and it was great.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
KW
"Great Weekend Stay"
Resort is really nice. Looks big on the map, but everything is a 2-3 minute walk. Resort fee covers fitness center, bell service, valet, etc. It was nice not having to tip every time you got your car from the valet, although it did feel weird! Spa was awesome, the locker rooms/changing rooms were great and well outfitted with different showers, saunas, etc. Even if you don't get a treatment it is still nice! Room was nice, bed comfortable, bathroom really spacious. I would def. recommend a stay here if you are in the area, totally worth it. Plenty of restaurants in the area, although, driving up there it doesn't seem like it. Starbucks a few mins away :)
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Gail
Casitas were awesome. This is not a hotel room, and surroundings are breath taking. Service all around the property was flawless. Great job Boulders!
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Another one
"Excellence in the Desert"
The Boulders is a fantastic resort in the desert. Its just a few miles north of Scottsdale. The location is amazing. The resort is amazing. The staff is amazing. The grounds are amazing. The rooms are amazing. The spa is amazing. The pools are amazing. The customer service...its really AMAZING! Lets just say the place...its entirely amazing.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
nathan
The service was impeccable. The golf course is one of the best in Arizona. My dog felt right at home and the staff treated her like she was a celebrity...she had a doggie treat gift bag, food and water bowls and a bed provided by the resort. The pool was a little warm for my liking with the heat, it would have been more refreshing if it were a little cooler water. The room was a little dated, but still comfortable and clean. The scenery was spectacular and the air was much cooler here than in the city. Overall it was a fabulous stay.
2 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2014
Rachel
"First Class Resort"
We came to The Boulders to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. Upon arrival, I asked for a different room to accommodate the all the girls in beds. They were kind enough to upgrade us to a three bedroom which was lovely. My daughter and her friends had a cancelled flight and were not able to arrive until the next day. I told this story to the bartender while waiting on the room change, and Randy was so nice to send bottle of wine to our room for her birthday with a sweet card apologizing for her delayed flight and wishing her a happy 21st.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Deb
"Wonderful getaway"
My husband and I had a great time over the weekend for a nice birthday getaway. The resort is very spaced out but the staff came to our casita with a shuttle to take us where ever we needed to go there. We saw tons of desert wildlife and the privacy was excellent. We would definitely go there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2014
"Romantic Getaway"
Excellent in everyway possible
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Gerry
"Heaven on earth"
This place is absolutely beautiful and amazing. It's a must visit destination
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Jimmy
"Classic"
We live in Scottsdale, so this was a 4th of July staycation for us. Beautiful location! Property well manicured. Service was phenomenal (with the exception of one pool hostess in particular...very combative). Liked the $30 resort fee that covered tips, valet, etc. Casitas had a very mysterious quality to them. I would never pay the $300-400 a night that this resort usually gets, but what an incredible getaway for $150/night.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Amazing Honeymoon"
We booked a night at the Boulders last minute, as we were actually driving up to Sedona from Los Angles and needed a stop in the middle. We got an incredible deal on the room ($85!) and couldn't believe our luck when we arrived at the hotel. Our room got upgraded and they even left us a bottle of champagne and berries as a welcome gift. The grounds are phenomenal, full of wildlife (rabbits, javelinas, quail), and we felt instantly relaxed. If you are looking for utter R&R this is quite a place. The place felt deserted (it was off season), which was great. The spa is terrific too, and the pool there is generally quieter than the main one at the lodge. We loved this place so much that we booked another night at the tail end of our honeymoon, just to be able to soak up one more day there. I didn't quite get the same deal, but we got an even nicer room than the first time, so I couldn't be happier. Overall, amazing place.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014