All hotels in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States of America
1325 Miracle Strip Pkwy SEFort Walton BeachFL32548United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
"ok stay"
it was nice enough. Over priced but clean. Super 8 room at Hilton price.
Thank you for the review. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
3 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
"Weekend get away"
It was quiet, even on Saturday night when there was a reception taking place near our room; we couldn't even tell. The towel cards were a nice amenity. When it said breakfast was available, I thought it would be complimentary but it wasn't; the price for breakfast was comparable to local dining establishments. Based on the picture of the room, I thought it was going to have 2 beds and a sofa sleeper but it only had the 2 beds; my family of 5 still made the most of it. I didn't question it either since the hotel appeared to be extremely busy. We had a pleasant stay here and would recommend it.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for such a great review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Dirty room, unpleasant staff,"
Toe nail clippings in room upon checkin, no one concerned to resolve complaints. Terrible experience all together!!!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Johnny
Our check in time was at 4pm on a sunday, we did not arrive to the hotel until 5:30pm. An hour and a half after our check in time and our room still was not ready. There was a line of people waiting just like myself. Not a great first impression. The room was very outdated. The bedding was stained as were the towels.The shower was awful, I had to stand in a puddle of water, and the shower curtain did not keep the water in so the floor was under water when you got out. This is one of the only hotels I have stayed at that didnt offer breakfast or anything for the guests, I have no problem paying for my food but not when they are extreamly over priced for food that has been sitting out all morning. The hotel has a great location by the beach but there are plenty of other places to stay with better facilities. Unless you are getting a suite I would not recommend staying here.
6 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Stephen
"Love this place"
I love this place. Service is very prompt. My new destination vacation
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Would stay again"
Pleasant. Very clean.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you liked the cleanliness of our rooms. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Kimberly
"Great place to stay just not to eat."
Arrived on Tuesday check in was a breeze. Located the room with no trouble. It was nice and clean we had a view of the courtyard where the splash pad was located, which was very convenient since my children are 4 and 3, they preferred it and one of the two pools to the beach. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only complaint I have was with the food we ordered from room service. I ordered the Shrimp Po Boy and my husband ordered a veggie pizza. The pizza was ok and my po boy was good just it only had 4 very small shrimp on it which was not very satisfying. We wouldn't have ordered room service if it had not been storming at the time. So hotel is lovely, great location, great if you have kids, and the beach is amazing.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your room and view. My apologies regarding your room service order. I have gone over your comments with our Executive Chef so he can work with his team to make improvements in those areas. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Brandi
"Nice hotel........"
The elevators are not air condition, it was really hot! Also there is not a lot of parking. Nice hotel, the beach water, directly behind hotel, had a lot of seaweed. We had to walk a distance to set up around nice water.
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"The hotel is right on the beach"
The only issue we had was not getting maid service or clean towels until we asked.
Angela
"Unhappy guest"
Bedding was dirty on both beds and dirty toilet at time of check in. I notified the front desk and she responded "ok, I'll call housekeeping ". We had to wait at least an hour for housekeeping to come and clean the room, no apologies or anything. I asked to speak with the general manager, but they said he was on vacation. The location of the room with beach view was the only thing I enjoyed about the stay. I was really looking forward to this trip. I was very disappointed.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
I am sorry to hear about the problems you had during your stay. It is true I was out of the hotel for a few days during your stay but our Director of Operations was on property and available to help with any issues. I apologize again for those problems and that no one got back with you about the problems. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
monique
"hotel is kind of old"
hotel is kind of old wit little update. our room vas not made before 5 or 6. extremely loud guests ;over all not wort the money
lucy
"Very nice hotel right on the beach"
They had a great view of the pier and ocean, nice parking garage to park in, breakfast food was excellent, staff was friendly, overall great stay, hope to be able to do it again soon.
Curt
"Resort hotel"
The hotel was awesome, the front desk very helpful let us check out late, the breakfast very hot and fresh. I have recently traveled to Jamica and stayed at an all inclusive resort and this hotel had the same feel, didn't have to leave for anything had activities for kids of all ages.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for such a great review. I am glad you liked our resort. We have so many activities and things to do we think we are a resort for all ages. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
daryl
"Great vacation stay"
My family and I really enjoyed our stay. I was extremely pleased with the location and the activities for the children. We had a blast and will definitely return next year. The only snafu was our initial room assignment which was quickly corrected once we brought items to the front desk's attention. The staff was very pleasant and attentive.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed so many of the wonderful activities we offer. Please come back again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
5 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach"
It was a great hotel. You can walk right on the beach down to several good restaurants for food and drinks with out using your car which was a big plus in my opinion. The only negative thing about the hotel was the restaurants and bar closed way to early during the week and weekends
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"Nice hotels"
it nice hotels, kids love swimming pool, beach, don't want to go home.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thanks for the review. You should have just stayed instead of going home! Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"One Night Stay"
The only complaint we had was that check in time is listed at 4:00 PM and our room was not ready until 5:15 PM. The hotel is not new but the room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Nice location as well.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. I apologize about the late check-in time. That is not a normal occurrence. I hope you can come back and stay again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Lori
"Awesome"
It is a wonderful place to stay. Enjoyed our stay entirely. Staff is so friendly and helpful. I would recommend if you are staying in this area.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thanks for such a great review. I am glad you enjoyed everything. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"nice hotel"
Main pool was closed my entire trip which was an inconvenience.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for such a great review. I apologize about that one pool being closed. There were some emergency repairs that had to be made so it was very unexpected to us as well. I hope you can come stay with us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
3 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Picture does not match hotel."
The picture of the hotel is a beautiful tower right on the beach. Our room was NOT in the tower. Instead, it was motel structure away from the tower and the beach; with a window view (and noise) of the parking lot. Check in time was 4 PM. We arrived at 4:25 PM and our room was not ready. When we got in the room there was toilet paper in the the toilet. The room had a slight mold smell and the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. When I went to the front to inquire about the deceiving picture, another person checking in had the same complaint. They laughed and said there was nothing they could do. I think next yr I will try the Holiday Inn next door.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
The only thing I could complain about would be the parking. It got pretty crowded in the evenings and if you were not back at your room before dark, you had to park really far way. I ended up having to park next to the lobby when my room was on the far east side. The big pool was closed on the last day, but other than that it was a great hotel and the staff was very friendly. The restaurant in the hotel, Dempsey, was very good.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Cassandra
"Great hotel on the beach"
Hotel was great from check in to check out. Clean room, great view, tasty food and drinks... Couldn't ask for more! Had a great stay and will definitely be back. We are even considering renewing our vows here next year.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"summer vacation"
This hotel is in a great location. With the pier and a few attractions and restaurants nearby, the oceanfront hotel is 5 minutes from Destin in a far less crowded area. We've stayed here twice now and we'll stay again.
3 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Four "disappointed" points in one stay."
The deluxe room appeared to be small with a single sink in the bathroom and plain interior design overall. The "four points pizza" service never answered my calls when I ordered. The "ice cream hut" had most of the ice creams melted so it could not be sold to my kids. The ice maker on 1st floor was out of order. The ice maker on 2nd and 3rd floor had no ice. The cleaning crews came to clean my room late after 4:00 pm and only came when I called front desk two times. I asked for some q-tips but they had none.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Loved our stay here!!"
We stayed at this hotel for three nights and we already want to go back! Our room had a beautiful view of the beach. The hotel provided complimentary beach towels which was awesome. They also had on-site lounge chair and umbrella rentals, along with jet ski rentals. There was an outdoor bar and grill that would deliver to you on the beach, or you could go up and eat on their deck. The two pools were clean every time we walked by. We never got in the pools because we spent our time at the beach. The only complaint was that there was a day that housekeeping missed our room. But the hotel was quick to send up fresh towels and anything else we needed as soon as we asked. I also liked that they give you a number to text if you need anything. Convenient access to restaurants and shops was also a big plus. We definitely enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it.
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"NICE HOTEL, CLOSE TO BEACH"
VERY NICE CLEAN HOTEL, OFFERS MANY EXTRAS, CHILDREN'S ACTIVITIES, FREE UMBRELLA & CHAIRS, TWO POOLS, HOT TUB, WATER PLAY AREA & OUTDOOR RESTAURANT/BAR WHERE U CAN CHARGE ITEMS DIRECTLY TO YOUR ROOM. NO NEED TO CARRY CASH ON YOU. ALSO, STAFF VERY FRIENDLY. WE ARRIVED EARLY, ATTEMPTED TO CHECK IN, AND STAFF SAID NO PROBLEM, OUR ROOM WAS READY, THERE WAS NO DELAY.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach."
The staff was very friendly and was always there to help. Room was very clean.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Book it"
Everyone was so nice and the hotel was so clean and nice. I thoroughly enjoyed the location and everything else about it.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you so much for the great review. I hope you can come back and stay with us again soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
4 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
Derek
Nice hotel nothing special, except in the building we stayed in there was no elevator. Fortunately only two floors.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. Next time give the rooms in the beachfront tower a try. There are two elevators in that six story building. Our other two, two-story buildings that have courtyard views do not have elevators. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General manager
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Great hotel, the rooms were clean and updated. The parking is very limited especially in the back for the rooms that face the ocean.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have ample parking and never run out but you are correct, sometimes you have to park and walk a little further to your room during times when we are completely sold out. Thank you again and please come back and stay with us soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
I really enjoyed my stay we will come again everyone was friendly and happy
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Harry O
"Great place to take kids"
Great view... Very close to the water. The kids played on the beach at night and had a blast. The rooms were very clean, the staff was frendly. The Bad.... beach rental company (chairs & umbrella) closed way to early, chairs and umbrellas were taken up at about 4:45 when the weather was just starting to get enjoyable. Only spent a few hours at the beach durning the day because of how early it closed.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review and I am happy to hear you and your kids enjoyed your time with us. Our beach service company does close at 5pm but you are always welcome to bring your own chairs/umbrella and stay on the beach as long as you would like. I hope you can return soon. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Very good location with good access to beach"
My second time there, really like the location and hotel is comfortable. Easy walking distance to various eating places and shops. I feel like its a hotel for family and kids. They do plan things for the kids to be involved in.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review and for the feedback and suggestions. I will make sure this is covered in our next staff meeting so the employees offer their expertise on dining locations. Thank you again for such a great review. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Terri
"Nice Family oriented hotel."
Enjoyed our time at this hotel. Convenient to attractions, food and beach.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our great location here on beautiful Okaloosa Island. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
3 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Amis
The hotel was nice and the room was clean and pretty spacious (at least for two people). The beach was a very short walk from our room. The staff was nice. We arrived before our room was ready and one of the ladies working even filled our cooler up with ice so we could enjoy the beach while we waited on our room. The bar/grill they have near the beach was convenient and had pretty good food! We were only there for one night, but I would stay there again.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. I hope you can come back and stay longer next time. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Lucy
"nice and close to the beach"
The staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a very relaxing vacation.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our Director of Operations in currently working on some exciting updates to our breakfast buffet that I think you would be very happy with. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
stacie
"Nasty attitude service!"
the hotel was very nice but the staff ruined it for me...ive never met more rude people before. it was as if their face would crack if they would smile. they spoke to me as if they were better and the sny comments from this one worker...ugh that would be the only reason im never staying there again!!!
2 night family trip May 31, 2015
darci
"Great Family Fun"
Staff was friendly. Food was really good. Being right on beach was priceless. Clean. Can't wait to go back.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. I am glad you and the family had such a great time. We look forward to your return as well. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Sascha
"Sunshine and Happiness"
Hotel was lovely and all the employees could not have been more friendly or helpful. Room service was quick and reasonably priced! Room is modern, lots of counter space in the bathroom (mandatory with 2 women!) and BIG LG TV. Only minor complaints are they could use more parking - as had to park a good ways away; and they are located right next to the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park so while sunning on the beach could hear the show's narrator. All in all would go back in a flash!
3 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
Eileen
"Room not safe"
Room has an unmarked slope in the entry way making it very dangerous.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Turkey
I had a great time during my mini vacation with my husband.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Connie
"Cheap getaway..."
The later than normal check in time, was delayed even longer, as our room wasn't ready until after 5:00 pm. Not terribly impressed with the hotel. It's cheaper than most in both terms of price and features.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. I apologize that were unable to get into your room at our normal 4pm arrival time. We do normally have all rooms ready by 4pm but sometimes special requests (higher floor, lower floor, etc.) can cause a slight delay in check-in times. I hope you will come back and give us another try in the future. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Harry
"Preferred room was nice"
Had a good stay . Would stay again . Plenty of room !
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed the beachfront room. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General manager
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Brett
"Beautiful hotel on the beach."
Our stay at Four Points was a great one. The room was clean and modern. The hotel sits right on the beach which was a must have. It is in a good location with food and shopping nearby. There are 2 pools as well as a kids splash area; plenty to keep the kiddos busy all day long. We will definitely stay again.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Sampson Family
"Room dangerous"
There was a ramp in the floor, unmarked which made it dangerous especially for someone that is handicapped.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Turkey
"Short walk to beach,beautiful place"
We loved our trip! It was a short walk to the beach, 2 pools, hot tub, splash pad...it wasn't terribly crowded like most places. The fitness room was great. Only thing I didn't like was there wasn't much sink room for our things, and the water over flows out of the shower. The hotel was so great that those were minor things!
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Ok"
This hotel was great for last minute trip.The hotel could use a little updating.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your survey. We look forward to your next visit.
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
Terry
"Overly expensive accommodations :("
The room view was nice and it should be as I paid dearly for it. You'd think you'll get an umbrella and a couple of chairs as part of the room fee. Oh no, that will cost you $30 from 9-5.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately all of our beach service is offered by a third party so there is a fee for chairs and umbrellas. However, you are welcome to bring your own and they will even help you set them up. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
3 night family trip May 20, 2015
The staff was great and very helpful. The beach was absolutely beautiful
Other trip May 22, 2015
"terrible place for families"
We had a terrible experience at this hotel. There was chaos at the reception, as rooms were not ready by check-in time. I spent an hour waiting in a queue to check-in. I was turned back three times, saying the room was not ready. Eventually, the key programming system broke, so a bellboy took people to rooms. So there was more delay and everyone was stuck in their rooms without a key. I got my card the next day. The staff at the reception was amateur. Everyone in the queue noted this was the worst check-in experience they have had at any hotel. The second day, the toilet in our room clogged. It was clear it was not fully functional right from the start. I wonder if the hotel staff is aware that it keeps breaking and still does not repair it once and for all. Our stay overlapped with a fraternity, and they were violating hotel rules to the point that everyone with families were complaining, yet the hotel staff was not doing anything. I complained to the hotel manager who wrote back: "Unfortunately, we do not have contracts or guarantee a check in time of 4pm." Stay away from a hotel which writes that they do not guarantee to check you in by the time they advertise, and where every family is complaining during the stay about how the hotel is ruining their special occasion.
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015