All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
950 Olive Street, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.8
    2.6
"Nice stay at a cheap price"
We were coming back from Santa Barbara to Bay Area after Christmas with a six months old baby. We decided to stay the night and selected this hotel in a comparatively cheaper price. We enjoyed our one night stay. The breakfast was good including bread,waffle and cereals. If required in future, I will stop by here again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Debalina
"Close to most all must-see sights."
It was a pleasant stay, pretty much what I'd expect from the reduced price I paid. The compact fridge was indeed small, smaller than I would have expected. Small microwave, but adequate. In the room was a blow dryer, iron & board and the sleeping pillows were to my liking, very thin not fluffy. Some of the higher priced Hotel/Motels are now excluding some of these amenities, probably due to theft and provide on some items on request and may have a charge per/day fee as well. I would recommend this stay to others.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Dan C
Attended a show in San Luis Obispo. Disappointed with hotel. Poor condition/run down. People loitering at night in the parking lot and walking by the rooms. Parking lot was full - no place to park. Finally got a parking place but didn't go anywhere because we didn't want to lose it, so we walked to get something to eat. Staff was courteous but not helpful. Wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Pat
"SLO value"
Okay for the value...room looked like it had been through a few frat parties...capet was badly stained. but for 80 bucks...wasn't expecting too much.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2013
Christopher
Not enough parking, we had to park on the street.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Pleasant stay."
Motel room was freshly painted and lots of hot water. Nice breakfast available. Would stay again
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
lana
"mini vacation"
area was nice nothing really around but looked safe room was a little beat up needs work, people upstairs were noisy. but quick over night stay heading to san Francisco it was ok
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"A place to stay for the night"
I was only there to sleep but if I was staying longer I would choose another hotel it was comparable to a motel 6. front desk manager was nice.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2013
Lisa R
"Decent price for a holiday weekend"
Motel staff was friendly and helpful. It's an economy motel in a vacation getaway town near the beach. Got a decent little breakfast of waffles the kids loved. Would stay there again .
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
rick
Hotel room in disrepair, mattress was soft and uncomfortable. Bed spread had burn holes.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"near Cal-Poly"
The room had a smell that left after the air conditioner was turned on. Room was adequate but nothing special TV needs to be replaced. The cost of the room and what you get are about equal.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Good swimming pool and yacuzzi"
Ok rooms. Helpful and friendly staff. Free parking and wifi in the room. Very good and cheap. Nice with outside swimming pool and yacuzzi. Good location, close to nearby attractions and beaches, if you have a car.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Eirik
"150 for a night for nothing"
This is a ghetto hotel that was dirty and no parking and ppl can see u through the restroom window definitely not worth my money and made me pay 150?! Yeaaaa right
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
yak
"very convenient"
I had a quick stay, easy freeway access.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"awesome"
clean, nice staff. rooms basic but a plus is the mini fridge & microwave in room. nothing dirty in the room. bed was comfy and my 45 minute shower was hot the entire time. waffles in the morning were super yummy! great place to stay for the price, location good with the window closed you can barely hear the street with busy traffic. ill recommend this to others!
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
alaina
"Horrible experience"
Hotel owner was rude, And prejudice upon arrival . Room had bday decorations from the previous applicants and had numerous carpet stains that have the impression of uncleanliness. I do not reccomend
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
vince
"Last minute booking, won't stay again"
I booked this room at the last minute. Knowing the reviews of this hotel, I did not want to stay here, but it was the only room available in SLO. It appears that they are upgrading the rooms by replacing carpet and painting. However, the paint is on the sheer curtains and windows, the lamp shades are dirty, and the shower curtains have holes in them. I think I was fortunate to have a room with new clean sheets and blankets, but bring your own towels. Theirs are stained and have a very strong bleach smell. Also, bring your own shampoo, conditioner (none supplied), and soap (unless you don't mind bar soap). When I went to my room in the evening, the power was out in my room. I called the front desk and spoke with a woman who has no business talking with the public. She questioned my concern but they did end up fixing the problem. Lastly, I paid more for a two queen bed room, but was put in a one bed room. That was fine, but I want some money back since its not what I paid for.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Could be better"
When I checked in no one was at the front desk. I waited a few minutes to be greeted by a women on her cell phone. I could hear the other person through the women's ear piece. There were a few moments I couldn't tell if she was speaking to me or the person on her cellphone. As I walked to my room I noticed that they have a huge pile of trash off the side of the hotel. Its out in the open; no one could missing. Our Tv remote didn't work and the AC didn't work consistently. Other then that it was a pretty quiet nights stay. I would not stay again tho... I do not expect four seasons, but everything should be clean and everything should work properly.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
stephanie
"ok but not worth the money"
small bed, outdated a/c and just ok I would not recommend the room
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"HORRIBLE - Sickeningly disgusting - SHUT IT DOWN"
Wet sheets and blanket. Blanket had holes in it. This place is not clean. It did not pass the black light inspection. The manager simply did not care about the quality... this might pass for a bad motel in Mumbai, but seriously this was the most disgusting place we've stayed in years. WARNING: WEAR SHOES at ALL TIMES; BRING YOUR OWN SLEEPING BAG to PLACE ON BED; COMFORTERS ARE NOT CLEAN. The only quality that this place has is location -- but this place should be on the black list of worst 10 places to stay in SLO town.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Disgusting"
The guy at the front desk even sarcastically called it "the presidential suite". There was blood on the sheets and it was just generally substandard..
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2013
Josh
"Too much money for very little ..."
Our stay was frustrating as the price was outrageous for Saturday night. There was little available in town. All showers consisted of in and out blasts of hot and cold water bursts. Walls and tile were dirty. Would stay elsewhere next time.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Never Ever Ever Again"
This hotel was awful. The manager was so uninterested in his job and unprofessional. And when we went to check out, he just had a bowl to throw our keys in because he couldn't be bothered to actually accept our keys and make sure no one stole them. The beds and pillows were lumpy and hard. I'm not a picky person when it comes to mattresses, but these were sooo bad. Whenever someone ran their faucet or anything, we would hear it. Then the sound would be amplified to the point where it was like sleeping under a waterfall. Not a romantic waterfall, a really annoying, violent waterfall. I wish I was exagerating, but I didn't get any sleep. We could also hear our neighbors for most of the night (sounded like they were rolling their suitcases on the wall!) and the traffic. No soundproofing really. And the AC had a gross smell. The price isn't worth it, this place shouldn't even be open. JUST DON'T STAY HERE!!!
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
Rachel
"it works when your desperate"
not bad for an older hotel, a little overpriced but still decent
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
trevor
"Rescue stay"
Was booked into this hotel by Hotels.com when my original reseveration 50 miles away evaporated when the hotel I booked apparently overbooked and left my family and I on the street. Hotels.com was notified and booked this hotel for me but in another town which made for an additional 45 minute drive late at night. So thank you for taking us but this place was right next to the freeway, not a suite hotel as we had reserved, the manager was in a yelling match with punks partying on the premises. Since I was not in the best of moods maybe I am too harsh but the room was small, the bathroom door barely clears the tub, the bedspread had burn holes and the linens were not fitted and shifted on us all night. Since the hotel is practically on the on ramp to Hwy 101, the cars come round the corner at breakneck speed. You take your life in your hand crossing the street on foot. The parking lot is small and difficult to maneuver. Only one space remained when I arrived. Could not get into it. Had to park on the street. But Hotels.com gave me a discount and a credit so I think their customer service was commenable.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
"A little disappointing"
For the price it definitely wasn't worth it! Door hinges were visibly rusted, the floor was uneven in spots, permanent marker writing on the pictures hanging, hair in the corner of shower/bath, & the bed was uncomfortable. If I'm going to pay $212 for a Saturday night, I expect a little more.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Cory
"the carpet was terrible, so dirty. smelling bad"
the man who was at the front desk had the worst customer service skills I've ever seen, he was not properly dressed and the worst thing about him, his shirt was all dirty....in the room some things like the bathroom were ok, but the carpet was terribly terribly looking, and of course, to mix the odor, they used so much air freshener....honestly I will never come back, ....and one last thing the price was for a 4 to 4.5 star hotel...
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Perfect spot to head into Pismo or Morro Bay"
This hotel was in a prime location to head to one of the beaches in the area. 3 seconds from the 101 and 30 seconds from Morro Bay highway, yet it still managed to remain quiet. Everything functioned perfectly, and the beds were comfortable.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2013
Joshua
clean room....unfriendly staff
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Old hotel, very expensive, no parking, cold shower"
Would never stay here again, there was no place to park.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Snake
"Just OK"
TV was busted with yellow picture. Bed was super springy and blanket were course and hard. Room was fairly clean but definitely needs some upgrades. Over all not a terrible place. You get what you pay for.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Should have a real continental breakfast"
The hotel is ok and the city was crowded because of the graduation, if the hotel gave an excellent breakfast that should compensate for the ok onesthings
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
angela
"Don't visit unless you like smoke!"
The room I was given smelled like smoke so I changed rooms and got the end room on the bottom where everyone staying there goes to smoke. Yuck!! Couldn't open window because there was always someone outside my room smoking. Seriously, why would anyone still smoke?? The toilet seat was discustingly stained and gross! A toilet seat costs about $30.00. Replace it!! The bed was comfortable enough,but would not set my purse or anything on the bedspread. Not worth the $60.00. You do get what you pay for. Won't stay there again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Joy
"clean, inexpensive, convenient"
I had stayed here in the past and didnt like it at all. I think their is new ownership. Its convenient, it was clean, and i got what i paid for. Would stay again. I would recommend also the Bon temps restaurant a stone throw away. As good Creole food as i have had in new orleans.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Graham
"Trip to San Luis obispo"
Nice hotel. Good location. It needs to give more choices for breakfast.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Never again!"
We will never book a room again with America's Best Value Inn and Suites. For the amount of money paid it was a huge disappointment. The amenities, service, and condition of the hotel were very much under par. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Overpriced for the amenities offered"
This motel is okay, but the tv channels suck and there's no vending machines..the cont. breakfast coffee tasted like rank...icky..but the waffle iron was a cool feature. Id stay again for a lesser fare. $130 is too much for one person/one night.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Trina and Alex
"Easy access"
Close to restaurants anthem freeway....yet quiet.Sanjy does a great joc!
1 night business trip May 21, 2013
"Good pricing, great location, decent hotel"
Decent hotel, right off of the freeway, near downtown San Luis Obispo.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
"good nights sleep"
very quite, not very far from high way or from a place to eat.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
"Not a good hotel for families"
We asked for a non smoking room and I don't think we had what we asked for, the room smelled bad!
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
"Cigarette smoking allowed in the parking lot."
Apparently, you can smoke in the parking lot and the stench of cigarette will get into your room, any time of the day.
Other trip Feb 15, 2013
RJ
"It's the most reasonable hotel I've ever met!"
It's really cheap but clean and quiet! I love it!!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2013
"Camping is cleaner!"
I stayed at this hotel 3 years ago, not bad, but clean. Now, carpets were filthy, not even vacuumed. Used bath towel and soap left in bathroom. Drain clogged with soap bars. Had to remove so no standing water on ankles. When removed a HUGE clog of hair attached. Kleenex re-stuffed into box! Sticky surfaces everywhere. Bedspreads, sticky with holes. Sheets, holes! Continental Breakfast included: Coffee, corn flakes, pitcher of whole milk (warm), white or wheat bread for toast, butter, no jelly, etc. Waffle mix, small sticky, gross syrup dispenser. That's it! Washer and Dryer filthy! Ice machine, ok!
1 night trip Oct 25, 2012
Missy
"Much Better Than Expected"
I recently went back to Cal Poly for Homecoming weekend as was pleasantly surprised with my experience at the hotel. The staff was kind and considerate. The room was very clean and comfortable and the location is outstanding. I originally purchased just on price, but this place definitely was much better than expected.
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2012
"Wouldn't stay here again"
I would not recommend this hotel, it was a place to sleep. The hotel is dated. I think there were permanant residences living in the hotel and it was noisy all hours of the night. The police were there for a disturbance one night for the ones we thought were permanant residences. The breakfast was mimimal at best. I will not stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2012
the pillows were terrible. the phone needed cleanning. not enouth coffee in room,no note pad or pencil, the room was cean as was the bathroom
2 night trip Sep 7, 2012
bernice

"Boa"
fomos bem atendidos em nossa espectativas
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
José E de
BR
"Kann nur davon abraten"
Sehr unfreundlicher Empfang. Zimmer und Bad dreckig. Ruhestörung in der Nacht. Mehr gibt es hier nicht zu sagen...
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Laurent
DE
You get what you pay for, this is a cheap hotel. Clean and fresh though. Breakfast was very poor. Located not far outside of the town, very close if you have a car.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014