All hotels in Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
60 E 5th Street, Tempe, AZ, 85281, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel at ASU"
Slightly older but we'll maintained hotel pretty much on ASU campus. I enjoyed my stay and would consider staying again if I'm in the area.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Loved the pool"
Really nice clean hotel. The pool was great. Very good location, close to many restaurants and ASU campus.
4 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great service, great pool, clean."
I'd stay there again but I don't know why they call it a destination hotel. Good hospitality. Pool was great. Bed was comfortable and clean. Location was close to everything in Tempe. The cleaning solution they use in the hallway from the bottom of the stairs up to the pool smells awful- toxic and overwhelming-reminded me of walking into a dog kennel. It didn't go away the 24 hours I was there. I liked it. I guess I expected something more than what it was though so my opinion of it was a little underwhelmed.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Celia
"Great place with lots to do"
our favorite place to stay. hop the train and you are downtown in minutes to catch a game. go the other direction a few blocks to the tempe improv for a great time
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
Joanne
"Great place to stay!"
Customer service was exceptional from all staff. Great location!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
LaTasha
"Great hotel with annoying hidden charge"
This is an exceptionally nice hotel. When I booked it on Hotels.com, I also thought I got an exceptionally good deal. However, what I didn't notice was the fine print regarding a "hospitality charge" that the hotel tacks on. Be aware that this place is going to cost you about $16 more than what they tell you up front. My overall rating (two stars) doesn't match my other ratings (all five stars) due to their lack of openness about this additional charge. If the charge were to be reflected in the nightly rate shown on Hotels.com, I would change my rating accordingly.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
"Mission Palms"
Great hotel for fourth of July. You can see the fireworks from the pool.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"The beds could be better."
Very nice hotel. I like the way I can walk onto the patio and access the pool. The only complaint I had was the double beds. They were very small and uncomfortable.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Antonio
"Disappointed with breakfast"
My family and I were under the impression that breakfast was included with our stay. When we were done eating breakfast buffet we got an $80 bill! I was so upset. And still am upset that not once were we told that the breakfast buffet was with our stay.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"You won't be disappointed!"
Awesome service, room, facilities and location. Our new favorite spot in Tempe!
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"had fun"
Beautiful place. Roo very comfortable. The woman who checked us in (didn't get her name) was excellent. Upgraded us for no extra charge. I really appreciate her time and concern for our comfort. Got a great sandwichfrom RRyan he was friendly and accommodating to us. Really enjoyed our st. Prices very rereasonable.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Heidi
"great stay"
great stay, downtown tempe. ideal location
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Would do it again!"
I would most definitely do it again, especially on a budget. I was disappointed about the location as it was in a very vibrant and loud neighborhood, other than that everything was a good experience!
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
kinjsize
"my fabulous tempe experience"
I had an early morning flight and had every intention of leaving my luggage with the bell captain until the 3p.m. check-in time. The courtesy van driver suggested I check with the front desk as they had some empty rooms from the night before. I was able to check in right away (around 9:30am). Most hotels make you go outside the front of the hotel to smoke (regardless how danerous the neighborhood). Here I was advised I could smoke anywhere outside (plenty of ashtrays which were kept clean). He pointed out I could exit the double glass doors by the elevator and there as a lovely large balcony with comfortable chairs and ashtrays. I was never made to feel awkward.
3 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Nice hotel, excellent location, walking distance to the campus and mill street restaurants. For the premium rates we expected better service, the front desk was a snappy when we inquired about upgrading the room, also, we have a toddler, and requested that they clean our room between 10 and 2, as we would be gone. They couldn't do it, so we had a dirty room the entire stay.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Staycation"
We visit this hotel on occasion, doesn't disappoint, great location and reliable service and comfortability. Food at the cafe this time was mediocre though and service there was terrible!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Iliana
"Loved this hotel"
I loved this hotel. It was quiet with a nice relaxed ambiance. Not glitzy or fancy at all, just Western style comfort. We ate breakfasts and one dinner in the restaurant which was delicious. Once I saw how crowded things were inside the Grand Canyon park, I was happy to be staying outside the park in a quieter spot. Room was very comfortable although the "balcony" overlooked the dumpsters in the back parking lot. It didn't really matter because we spent all day outside and were tired each day when we came back. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Hotel in a College Town"
The hotel is awesome. Downside not the place to go to get away from the buzz of the city
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Convenient and friendly"
Love the location for walking around and seeing best of Tempe.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Nice hotel, close to campus, restaurants, shops"
Overall a good experience, but I didn't get much sleep.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great location if visiting ASU"
Check in staff upon arrival was ok. Room was great except not quiet due to you can hear people in the next rooms and hallways. The maid staff kept putting all their carts together in the hallway and we had to try to squeeze by each time. They were just standing there talking and don't bother to help move when you have suitcases, it makes it a little annoying. I don't really think it was truly worth the price, however, the location is great.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Krista
i was in arizona for business and then pleasure. overall it was a very nice comfortable place to stay. up to my standards. i am from LA so our standards are pretty high!
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Vincent
"YES!"
Wow! From the moment we pulled into their property, we were delighted. This hotel is maintained beautifully and the service is outstanding! Well done; thank you.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
"Don't judge a book by it's cover!!!"
Tempe Mission Palms may have a lovely facade, yet the running of it is often inept! Our first trip to Spring Training was most wonderful and unfortunately NOT because of TMP! Many snafus, most annoying listed here: 1-Called twice regarding same items: rental cars and policies, shuttle info and room service upon arrival order. Each call was responded with different results, and the same concierge answered both calls! 2-Aforementioned in room service request was not honored. When I inquired about the absence of the items,concierge, Regan, responded: "So sorry, totally on me. It was in my file." The concierge, Regan, did offer us breakfast coupons and eventually did pay for one shuttle to the ball field. 3-Upon arrival, after midnight, our toilet did not work properly (continually flushed) and none could fix it. Security guard tried and had to shut the water off. 4-In the AM when I talked to the Manger Zoe, her response was:"....well, not much I can do because you did book on Expedia!" When I asked if the rooms with broken toilets are reserved for expedia customers and room service requests not honored for expedia customers her response was: "...well, no..." We often over heard customers having problems with the staff when sitting in the lobby, so ours was not an unusual case. Thank you for the opportunity to inform you of this experience. The US Airways flights were great and went off with our a hitch!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Nice accommodations in a great location in Tempe, easily accessed.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Awesome!"
Was there for a family getaway from the cold North Dakota winter. It was perfect! Walking distance to food, drink, and fun! Will be back!
2 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
brenda
"location"
Friendly staff, delicious food, and relaxing atmosphere make this dead spot location in tempe the best.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Well established hotel"
Weekend vist to see our son. Surprised to learn they are dog friendly. Loved the courtyard, met so many people each night down near the fireplace. Close to everything, walkable, comfortable solid hotel. Had an accessible bathroom which was very roomy and had the bathtub/shower with extra rails. Room was tidy, valets were friendly & fast, even the dog had a great time.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Tempe improv date!"
It was great! Hotel was beautiful, room very clean. The grounds are especially beautiful. A bit musty in the hallways. Too bad the windows in the room did not open. I was a bit surprised at the total bill. It started at $159.00 and ended at 230.00. The only add on I did was parking.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Polly
"Great location but horrible parking."
This hotel's location was great because we wanted to be able to drink and not drive home, but actually getting to the hotel was a nightmare. The parking lot is a disaster. It's super sketchy, small and unrealistic. I highly suggest you valet your vehicle if you plan on staying here. The security guards were horribly rude and required proof of room rental to use the lobby restrooms. It was ridiculous! All in all, nice room and location. I'd stay here again, but only if The Radisson didn't have any open rooms.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Samantha
"Great little getaway"
Perfect Valentine's Day weekend getaway. Walking distance to local shops and restaurants. Very friendly and accommodating service. I've traveled all over the country, and by far, this was the best hotel I've stayed at to date.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel"
This is the second year we've stayed at the hotel for a half marathon race. We chose it for the location, in terms of the starting line and the finish line, but we were really happy with the proximity to restaurants, a drug store (to pick up water to put in the hotel fridge), and the metro line to get to Phoenix for the expo and to the airport. The only downside is the feather pillows; we both wound up with some sinus issues. And once you figure out that the "barn door" style bathroom door has to be held out a little as you close it, it won't squeak. I didn't remember that style door on our bathroom last year.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Tamara
"Perfect location, a little noisy"
The hotel's location can't be beat! It's right at Mill St, and close to Tempe Beach Park and the light rail. The only reason I gave it lower rating for comfort is because I had a room adjacent to the courtyard and there was a wedding party that was extremely loud, making it very hard to sleep. There's also the issues of planes flying overhead all night (which would be a problem for any hotel in the area.) Otherwise the service was perfect!
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Kristen
Staff was very friendly. Location was great for going to a game at ASU.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Fine"
A quick one-night stay while in transit from one place to another. Hotel was fine. I would have preferred to self-park my car, but spots were not available. Room was fine, heating / AC system somewhat noisy.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Roy
"Enjoyable Stay with Friends!"
This hotel is walking distance to Mill Avenue and all it has to offer including restaurants, shops, and bars. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. In the morning, a large breakfast buffet is available for a fair cost. I would book this hotel again if I plan to visit Mill Ave!
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Excellent location"
We stayed here for the Cactus Bowl. The location was excellent. We were able to just park and walk everywhere we wanted to go. The location is right beside Mill Avenue, then just a few blocks from the stadium.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Great hotel
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Very old style"
Everything in the room are very old just like in the early 90 nothing shows 4 stars only the size of the hotal in total and they over charge me . Never ever book in there
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
quality
Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, close to everything!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Don't stay here unless your here partying on Mill"
The good: Hotel was nice and clean.However the room smelled like smoke, Which we discovered cigarette butts outside the window. We chose to stay here because we liked the location. It was close to the Tempe town lake which we came up from Tucson to take our kids to the light parade. The Bad: We were woke up about 11:00 at night to all the partying and music that was going on on Mill ave at the bars. It woke up both our young boys and us. The windows on the hotel did nothing to keep the sound out. About 12:30 we finally had enough and ended up packing our stuff and driving home to Tucson because we couldn't take it anymore. The staff when we checked out didn't seem to bothered that we were upset with the noise. We asked for a manager but one wasn't available but said they would have one call us. Still haven't received a call and its been two days. Overall its a beautiful hotel just don't stay here unless you are here to party on Mill ave because you wont be able to sleep until the bars are closed.
Response by Tempe Mission Palms - Destination Hotels & Resorts
I apologize for the noise from our neighboring establishments. I'm also sorry that we have not been able to get in touch with you. Our director of rooms, Beth Hunter, would like to hear the details of what happened. Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Clean, good location, watch secret fees"
Clean and in a nice place. I was annoyed to be charged "A Hospitality Fee is charged for: airport tranfsers (5:30am-10:30pm), wireless high-speed internet, local calls and incoming faxes", even though I didn't use these services. They charge you whether or not you use it Somewhere around $18/night.
2 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
Louis
"Looks great online, but wasn't great in person"
I booked the room as a surprise for my girlfriend for our anniversary. The website claims the room has a DVD player, so I rented a movie she wanted to see- there was no DVD player in the room and the front desk attendant said no room has a DVD player. Strike 2 was that the whole hotel was under construction while we were there- didn't receive any message prior to checking in of the construction. And strike 3 was that the music from the clubs was so loud, the lamps in the room were shaking until 1 in the morning. So sad, we both looked forward to a nice, relaxing stay.
Response by Tempe Mission Palms - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Dear Joe, I was so sorry to hear about the confusion with the DVD player, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We see that it was mistakenly listed as an in-room amenity on the Expedia site. We are in the process of fixing that, but I'm sorry that it had to be brought to our attention this way. Although we tried to complete the renovations quickly, they went a bit longer than expected. However these renovations have since been completed. We are also diligently working with the City of Tempe, to ensure that our neighboring establishments are following the noise ordinances. I apologize that your sleep was disturbed, and I know that it does not change the situation, but please know we are doing something about this. I hope that we can have you stay with us again, and that you will find your stay to be what it should have been - nice, relaxing, and enjoyable for you both. Ken McKenzie
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Girls night out"
Met up with some girl friends and did some bar hopping on Mill. Very nice to walk to hotel after drinking and passing out on a nice comfy bed .
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Lori
The hotel was nice, clean the employees were friendly and helpful. I would most definitely stay there again.
"Good Hotel, bad accounting."
Hotel is in an area very close to Arizona State and their stadium. Great neighbor hood with good food and drink. Hotel is very nice and clean and set up well with a beautiful courtyard. Only complaint is they charged my credit card for the entire amount when it was a prepaid deal. I had cancelled the original reservation but they charged me for it anyway. I called and they said they would reimburse my card for the error. It has been over two weeks now and they have not reimbursed my card. It still shows a charge for the full amount on it. I will file a complaint with their head office this week if the charge is not removed by Nov. 18th. Otherwise I highly recommend this hotel. But their accounting dept. needs some help.
3 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2014
Tad P
"Somewhat Dated - Great Location"
The hotel is located right downtown on Mill St. The staff is very friendly and the valet parking is free. My only criticism is the cleanliness and maintenance of the property. The condition of entrance, lobby, courtyard and room was average. With some more attention to detail in maintenance and cleaning, this property could be substantially better (i.e. stains on seat cushion at entrance, dust in corners of room, broken outlet on desk, etc.). Overall a very good experience.
4 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Dennis
"College neighborhood gem"
Very professional. Only criticism is that the beds are not first-rate.
3 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Eugene
"Can't wait to stay here again!"
We had a double room. The ONLY downfall was the beds were full not queen sized. Loved EVERY thing else!
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
Tracie
"A bit noisy at night"
We could hear the jets landing in the airport and the train passing every few minutes. Also, the bed was not as comfortable as the last time we stayed.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014