All hotels in Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
340 W Illinois Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38106, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.6
    2.6
    2.2
    2.2
Non smoking room. Full of smoke. Towels hanging wet in bathroom. Never were told breakfast ended at nine. Missed. LAck of pTking. Ugh!!
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
"Dont stay"
Gross This was worst hotel! our rooms had a very bad odor. When I mentioned it to the front desk, I was given a different room. The odor was still there but not as bad. UGH! Like I would never stay here again. Breakfast was UGH as well!
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Surprisingly well pleased...."
Well, quite frankly I was looking for the cheapest hotel I could find closest to Graceland. I originally had my doubts about the super 8 but thought for the low price I got it for I couldn't complain too much or have many expectations. I was surprised when I arrived at the hotel I found the place to be clean and smelled nice and the staff was very helpful and friendly. It was very well worth what I paid for my two night stay and would definitely stay there again. We all know we can pay extravagant prices for hotels with all the amenities but if you're looking for a nice place to stay that's safe and has a reasonable rate you can't go wrong with this location. Thank you guys for making my first trip to Memphis a good one, I had a great time!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Wayne
"Bad stay"
The bathroom had a leak and ceiling that got bigger through out the night. Then I was move to a dirty room that morning because of the leak. I returned that afternoon with no towels and the T.V. remote did not work. I called the front desk and was told that if I wanted towels that I would that to come get them. Down six flights of stairs because the elevator did not work. Two hours later I was brought a T.V. remote that still did not work. An hour later someone return to fix the remote.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Disgusted"
There was mold in the shower, sticky stuff in the carpet, popcorn under the beds and in the floor and white nasty stuff all over the spread.. The whole motel was filthy, huge piles of mattresses all outside.. I was VERY disappointed in the room.. PLUS Hotel.com charged me $30.00 over what regular room price was.. I feel VERY ripped off..
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Opal K
"Turn around while you can!"
I have stayed at lots of super 8s and I've always been 100% satisfied. Except this time! The room Felt dirty to me, this hotel needs some repair. The walls were dingy looking, the walls had Holes in the Sheetrock, the bathroom tub was nasty looking and the facet was broken, it took me 20 minutes to get the hot water on cause it just kept turning. The toilet hasn't been replaced in years. The neighborhood is kind of sketchy feeing. Lots of creeps hanging around the parking lot. I just didn't fee safe and was nervous all night. Word of advice, spend a little more for a different hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Kristen
Staff was friendly but hotel needs lots of attention. Appears that they are making improvements a little at a time.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
"Okay for the price"
We booked last minute while driving to Memphis. The price was right. The blankets were torn and I killed a spider on the comforter while getting ready for bed. Other than that, it was okay for the price.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Darrell W
"great customer service"
We were in memphis for a destination wedding, we had our grand daughter with us and the night manager helped us get milk for her and she also helped us by arranging a shuttle to pick uo our daughter at the airport, she went above and beyond. The location was close to downtown memphis and the hotel provided a shuttle very convenient.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Pamela
"Spend a little more money and don't stay here"
Very disappointed with everything about this place. While it claims to be near downtown/graceland area it really isn't. I can't think of one thing good to say about this place. My advice....book a room somewhere else.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
christine
"Bad hotel, bad location"
This hotel was horrible, stay away! It is near two other abandoned buildings, there is nothing in the area. Our first room had a water leak, so we switched rooms. We realized we had bed bugs in the second room. We noticed the box spring was covered in plastic in the first room but didn't think anything of it. The service was also bad, we asked for towels many times and we still never had enough.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Christine
"Good trip!!"
I really enjoyed my stay.
7 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
Rosie
"Just skip this place"
This hotel was in an area of Memphis with an abandoned building just across the street. It was old and run down. It was very well lit at night, though. Some of the reviews online were highly exaggerated. I would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
mark
"Unsafe and in need of renovations."
The beds were comfortable. But the room didn't feel safe. We could see light shining from underneath the door from the outside parking lot. Our room smelled damp and musty. The hotel room was outdated and needs to be renovated. You get what you pay for.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Good for one night"
The beds were very comfortable. The room was a bit worn, but clean. For the price it was fine. The location could not have been better close to downtown.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Great stay for the price!"
I always stay here due to the price. I have never had a bad room nor bad service. The only complaint I have are the spiders on the outside of the room on the balcony.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Tonya
"Not happy!!!!!"
If you want a cheap room this is it!!!! The hotel looks nothing like on the web site!!! It is run down and dirty!! On the web site it says it has a pool and hot tub. Just a pool no hot tub! Was looking forward to a hot tub!!!! It is in a rundown area! The shower was hard to get regulated! For the continetal breakfast it was the same thing everyday!!! The only good thing about it was the staff was very friendly!! We will never stay there again!!!! If you wanted to go anywhere you had to get on the interstate!!! They need to update their website!!! Very unhappy with the accomidations!!! But we did have a great time in Memphis while we were there we made the best of it!!!
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Tammy
"Don't let the area scare you"
I was terrified when we pulled off the highway but, the rooms we great! View of the Mississippi, air conditioner was amazing. Don't be put off by the abandoned buildings. They're beautiful, the staff was super friendly. My one complaint is that I asked 3 times for an extra blanket and never got one for my kids. Also, parking is very sparse. Other than that, I'll be happy to stay here again, easy to get downtown, right by a great park next to the river.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Jeremy
The hotel is a good place to stay if you are looking for a place to lay your head at night but not much more. The pool had cleaning supplies laying around the privacy fence that looked like it was about to fall. There is absolutely no parking availability except on the street. The price of the room was cheap which was what we were looking for but we probably will pay a little more next time for a nicer place.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"vacation"
had a difficult time finding hotel as exit is around the corner headed to st louis but had 2 different folks help me find it.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
virginia
"very poor"
The room was not the best. The was a crack down the wall in the bathroom. They didn't get us enough soap and shampoo for 5 people. I would never stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Nice old place"
I usually don't like motels but this one was nice. Old but nice. Needs more parking space but we had a good time there. I would have no problem staying there again.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"average"
Just driving thru.....
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Mixed feelings"
Seemed scary at first (due to location and how old it looked on the outside) but then we saw the the room very nice and clean. Everything was great minus someone peed in the elevator...
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Super 8 in Memphis, TN Sucks"
If I knew how to get my money back from that hotel stay, I would do it in a heartbeat. The hotel, neighborhood, etc. really sucks. I will not recommend that no one reserve a room @ Super 8 in Memphis.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
stephanie
"Did the Job"
it was perfect for what we needed
3 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Super 8 to the rescue!!!"
We stayed at the Vista Inn in Memphis to begin with and it was the worst. The staff at Super 8 came to get us with their shuttle first thing in the morning and got us right into a room and assured us that they would take care of us. Which they did every step of the way!!! This is the only place we will stay in Memphis and we hope to return often. It is a little older hotel but they take great pride in taking care of it and I had absolutely no complaints. Thank you so much Super 8.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
jennifer
"Terrible musty smelling room, dangerous area"
The room smelled awful, mildewy and dank. We were afraid of bed bugs. The area is dangerous. The building is old and in need of renovation.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Josh
"Room smelled horrible."
The room was hot, had no ventilation other than a poorly performing A/C, and smelled terribly of mildew. Parking was cramped and hard to find on the weekend. Dirty, old building in a dangerous part of town.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Josh
"Beale St. Fun!"
A friend and I stayed here for the Beale St. Music festival. The room was recently renovated. New carpet, new bed linens. New coat of paint. Other than the paint smell (which wasn't too bad) our room was great and reasonably priced. The hotel even offered an affordable shuttle service to and from the festival.
3 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Room without a good view...."
The hotel was not in a great spot. However, the room and beds were clean. The hotel could use some updating. I was a littled disappointed by the cost.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"very disappointed"
this location was so bad that i did not spend more than 20 minuets there. left without checking out. would not recommend this location to any one
Other trip May 8, 2015
omg
For the location and price I would definitely recommend. Staff was helpful and friendly!
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Just a place to sleep"
Rooms are small. Motel in bad need of updating. TV did not work. But was clean. I was just looking for a place to sleep cheap near downtown. It meet those 2 requirements.
Other trip May 4, 2015
PostalHawg
"Great Stay!!!"
When I arrived at the hotel, I noticed that it was in the middle of nowhere. When making the reservation I was told that the hotel was 1.4 miles from downtown Beale St. More like 5 miles away. Overall, the stay was very comfortable. The water was very hot, room was clean and the staff was very nice. The shuttle was very convenient. I would definitely consider staying there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Danny
"Woell exhibition visit"
Relaxing
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Robert F.
"Completely renovated rooms Clean and pleasant."
Beautiful view of the Mississippi River especially at sunset. Newly renovated rooms clean and comfortable. However, not easy to navigate to hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Quick Memphis trip"
Come to Memphis often and usually stay downtown. This time on short notice this place was priced right and figured to try it out. Yes the rooms are dated, but they have tried with a few upgrades and I felt was clean. Refrigerator was leaking on the tile when I arrived but I threw a towel down so they would make sure to notice when I left. Neighborhood is right off the freeway with abandoned building right around the corner, but it is quite and right next to an old army post which gives it some character. If you stay make sure to check out the huge Magnolia in the field next to the hotel. Shuttle down to Beale is quick and about a $12 cab ride back. Would stay again if my favorite hotel downtown is priced too high.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
David A.
"Avoid"
We booked 2 nights here out of our 4 night vacation to Memphis. Thank goodness!! Although the room had been recently remodeled, it was extremely small!!! We are both average size and can't imagine larger people using this room. The king size bed filled the whole room. The wifi didn't work, evidentally too far from the main hub. The view from our room was awful. Abandoned buildings with broken windows. We are 3 for 3 staying at Super 8. We are currently at a Quality Inn, downtown Memphis, and it is much much better. You get what you pay for!!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Bathroom was a deal breaker"
Nice people. Ok location. Room was neat and clean the only problems were the bathroom and parking. Had to park on the street in a storm. The bathroom was probably the worst I have seen in years.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
frequent travel
"Below average building, Above average staff."
The location is near downtown Memphis, but is next to several rundown buildings. The manager was nice enough to offer to scan and email some office documents for me, something above and beyond the normal expected duties. Each day of the three night stay when I returned to the hotel I found that my electronic key card to the room no longer worked, and had to return to the lobby for the key to be recoded, a moderate inconvenience.
3 night trip Apr 2, 2015
Joshua
"Not fancy but a good hotel"
Good stafff, clean rooms, not fancy if ur looking for fancy hotel then obviously it will be more expensive then wat u pay here....if ur looking for a good clean affordable hotel for a few days of stay then this will do.....
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Helen
"Fastest exit I have ever made"
Bed bugs, Sticky floors, stench of body odor reeking in hall and elevator, and parking spaces are ignored. We were boxed in by people who blocked the entrance and exits two cars deep, construction of some sort made getting to the lobby a challenge. In their defense, they did drive us to where we needed to go and came to get us as soon as my car could be pulled out--about an hour and a half later. Hotels.com got us a new place in a matter of minutes.
3 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Nice time Beale st"
Quick overnite stay after fun on Beale st
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
James F
"Close to sites but not a great hotel"
The linens had tears and burn holes, tub and toilet dripped/ran, parking was limited and hard to maneuver, slow internet, poor tv reception, and very close to train tracks and highway noise, poor signage made it hard to find. Breakfast was decent, price was okay, nice park area for dogs to run close by.
Claudette
"could be better"
our room only had one towel ask for more towels and was giving two hand towels. tub and tolit was dirty. the door lock was broke.
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Overnight stay"
Overnight stay was fair. Not in best area. Asked for non-smoking room, but it smelled like smoke, too late in the evening to ask for another room. Called two days prior and asked for adjoining/connecting rooms, did not get. Rooms were to be next to each other, but the exit door separated us. No place to get food unless you had a car. Not much of a continental breakfast, only 2 choices.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Teresa
"Bates Motel"
The first room was not clean. It was after night when I checked in, so the room should have been cleaned. The second room was better, I was afraid to take a shower. I semi slept with the chair against the door. I could not wait for the morning to come. In the daylight the place look even worse, it felt like a scene from Bates Mote.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Marcie
It was really nice. Quiet and decided to stay longer.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Kenny
"No again"
The first room they gave us was still being painted. The second room was not cleaned properly there were dirty washclothes still in the shower there was hair in the corners of the room. And there were nails sticking out of the bathroom door
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015