All hotels in Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here340 W Illinois Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38106, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.6
    2.7
    2.2
    2.2
"Great Stay!!!"
When I arrived at the hotel, I noticed that it was in the middle of nowhere. When making the reservation I was told that the hotel was 1.4 miles from downtown Beale St. More like 5 miles away. Overall, the stay was very comfortable. The water was very hot, room was clean and the staff was very nice. The shuttle was very convenient. I would definitely consider staying there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Danny
"Woell exhibition visit"
Relaxing
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Robert F.
"Quick Memphis trip"
Come to Memphis often and usually stay downtown. This time on short notice this place was priced right and figured to try it out. Yes the rooms are dated, but they have tried with a few upgrades and I felt was clean. Refrigerator was leaking on the tile when I arrived but I threw a towel down so they would make sure to notice when I left. Neighborhood is right off the freeway with abandoned building right around the corner, but it is quite and right next to an old army post which gives it some character. If you stay make sure to check out the huge Magnolia in the field next to the hotel. Shuttle down to Beale is quick and about a $12 cab ride back. Would stay again if my favorite hotel downtown is priced too high.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
David A.
"Below average building, Above average staff."
The location is near downtown Memphis, but is next to several rundown buildings. The manager was nice enough to offer to scan and email some office documents for me, something above and beyond the normal expected duties. Each day of the three night stay when I returned to the hotel I found that my electronic key card to the room no longer worked, and had to return to the lobby for the key to be recoded, a moderate inconvenience.
3 night trip Apr 2, 2015
Joshua
"Fastest exit I have ever made"
Bed bugs, Sticky floors, stench of body odor reeking in hall and elevator, and parking spaces are ignored. We were boxed in by people who blocked the entrance and exits two cars deep, construction of some sort made getting to the lobby a challenge. In their defense, they did drive us to where we needed to go and came to get us as soon as my car could be pulled out--about an hour and a half later. Hotels.com got us a new place in a matter of minutes.
3 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Nice time Beale st"
Quick overnite stay after fun on Beale st
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
James F
"could be better"
our room only had one towel ask for more towels and was giving two hand towels. tub and tolit was dirty. the door lock was broke.
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Overnight stay"
Overnight stay was fair. Not in best area. Asked for non-smoking room, but it smelled like smoke, too late in the evening to ask for another room. Called two days prior and asked for adjoining/connecting rooms, did not get. Rooms were to be next to each other, but the exit door separated us. No place to get food unless you had a car. Not much of a continental breakfast, only 2 choices.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Teresa
It was really nice. Quiet and decided to stay longer.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Kenny
"No again"
The first room they gave us was still being painted. The second room was not cleaned properly there were dirty washclothes still in the shower there was hair in the corners of the room. And there were nails sticking out of the bathroom door
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Guadalupe
"Bad hotel"
Floors were dirty, bathroom was nasty, it smelled like urine, not enough parking. The whole parking lot was jacked up. Overall a poor hotel for the price.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
JG
"My Only Complaint No WI_FI in room"
The staff was cordial and helpful. Better than a lot of more expensive hotels,
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Red
"GREAT LOCATION Close to downtown, I-55, Graceland,"
I have stayed at this motel several times for its great location. It is a five minute drive to downtown, ?Beale Street, Mud Island etc. Memphis is a great city with lots of things to see and do. The motel is directly off of I-55 just before you cross the Mississippi River into Arkansas, last exit in TN. Suggest getting a room away from I-55 for more quiet but if you want to see lots of traffic/rail activity then get I-55 side where noise is liveable. It is just around the corner with a short walk or drive to the Ornamental Iron Museum with great views of the Mississippi River barge traffic.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
World traveler
"Satisfactory stay"
Comfortable bed and satisfactory accommodation for our two-night stay.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Ate up with bedbugs"
We loved to stay at this hotel every time we go to Memphis. It's great quality for your money and into offset location away from all the hustle and bustle. But this time we had a major concern as my daughter woke up covered in bites that we are for sure bedbugs. This is very disappointing for us.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Clean and easy location"
Clean and great location for those with a car to get to sunstudios and graceland
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
Samantha
"Not a nice experience."
The room was horrible. Could hear through the walls of the next rooms. It was old. The staff was rude and not enough training for the front desk. I wouldn't stay there again. They were renovating, one floor at a time. It would have been nice to be given a room on the renovated and updated floor, but no such luck.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Dodgy neighbourhood but close to downtown!"
Hotel is very run down and in a very dodgy looking area (lots of derelict buildings and empty lots). Room was also run down but bed was comfortable and clean. Our friends had a slightly updated room compared to ours and it was nicer. But despite the hotel condition, the location was great, easy access to the interstate and downtown. Shuttle service to BeAle street was $3 each or a cab was around $10. Not the Hilton by any means but cheap price and good location.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Kayla
"Excellent value."
For what we paid, it was great. Safe, clean, and quiet. A five minute drive from Beale Street.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Jack
"Convenient to Downtown Memphis"
Just passing through Memphis, stayed at this hotel for it's convenience to downtown and its price. Great deal if that is what you're looking for.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"What Happen"
The room was smelly, the mattresses was very terrible. The bath tub was not clean.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Ronnie
"Clean rooms"
Check-in was fast and easy. The room was clean. The hotel was close to Beale St. We did leave something in the hotel room and I've been trying to get in contact with the manager to get it sent back. Overall a good experience.
Berenice
"Marginal but works if you're looking to save money"
Was about what I expected for the low cost. Breakfast was OK but closed earlier than I would have liked. Rooms were marginal with worn-out sheets and the elevator was a bit scary. As long as you don't expect expect much and are looking to save a few bucks, this will suit your basic needs.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
"Should be condemned!!!"
This hotel was absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. Had to move rooms 3 times due to the locks not working. After getting into the 3rd room we were late for dinner reservations so we threw our bags in and left. When returning we went to watch tv...no remote. No problem, we will just turn it on only to discover that the tv was not even hooked up. No cable line to receive any type of signal. The refrigerator smelled like death. Turn on the light in the bathroom and the fan squeals loudly, not to mention only half of the lights even worked in the room. Room was last remodeled in the early 80's by looks of it. Best part of my stay was leaving the next morning. Never, ever stay here.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
tammy
"A cheap place to sleep if you're a heavy sleeper"
About what you would expect for 50 bucks for 3 people. The nearby train tracks were loud, the heating system was old, the walls were rough (and obviously)patched, the microwave and fridge were broken and there were hairs dangling from the clean towels (yuck) - but the beds were comfy and there was at least some breakfast offered.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Randall
"Do Not Go There"
Worst stay ever. A/C did not work& room had not been dusted in several weeks. Shower was hard to operate. Keep hold of your auto tag as we had ours stolen from there. No remodeling will improve the area
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
upset
"was not the best"
I was passing through on my way to new Orleans. was a quiet place but I did not have items in my room that should of had but I blame house keepers for that. but in all I would say it was ok
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Debbie
"For extremely budget minded people!"
No water pressure in the shower, room was filthy. I don't know how they can claim that this is downtown...
3 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Room had bugs spattered on the walls and wasn't clean
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE"
It was awful I would recommend this hotel to my worst enemies the too was dirty the shower was dirty the manager/owner is a absolute lunatic I asked him to stop the contraction next to my room two days in a row and on the second day he started getting an attitude with me and then kicked me out of the hotel and threatened to call the cops for trespassing when I had another night booked all because I didn't want to hear construction right next to my head at 10am STAY ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!!!!!!
3 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"memphis get away"
Hotel was great for the price. but this hotel needs to be updated
1 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
alethea
"Repair Days 2014"
We stay every year at the time of the Metalsmithing Museum Repair Days event.
3 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Robert F.
"Nice enough hotel for the price"
The hotel itself is tucked away and you may miss it and go over the bridge to Arkansas. The staff was very accommodating & nice. The rooms were clean but the ceiling in my bathroom had mold. The last 15 cable channels on the television are fuzzy & can't see them. Overall it was a decent stay.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Rhonda
"bad"
When we first got to the room it was not clean. When we told them they wanted to move us to a different room but when I told them that we had two rooms and they need to be together as requested he got mad. We asked for towels the next day and was told they did not have any clean. We had to wait until after 5 pm to get a towel and then this happed the next day to. I will never stay at this one again
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Shelly
"Worst motel I ever stayed"
Room very very dirty Covers smell of sweat dangerous neighborhood
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Joep
"Pros and Cons"
Good points - close to Beale Street and hotel has someone to drive you there; close to downtown; changed our reservations from smoking to non-smoking. Bad points - multi floor and requires several elevator trips with luggage; mediocre breakfasts; general shabby condition of building and motel; surrounding area has a train track and highway close by and several vacant delapidated buildings.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Judith K
"If you like trains..."
The hotel is located right on the Mississippi riverfront just south of I-55 with easy access to just about anywhere. The Ornamental Metal Museum is just a block away. The area sees some vacancy, but I felt perfectly safe. Clearly an older building, the rooms show signs of wear, but are clean. The bed was firm, internet connection was adequate, and everything was in working condition. The common areas are welcoming and comfortable. There is a nice, clean pool and the continental breakfast is just fine (cereal, waffles, toast, muffins, fruit, etc.). The staff were friendly and helpful. For the price of the room and for my purposes, it was a fine deal. There are a couple downsides of the hotel. One is that it is right next to the train tracks so you will hear the trains going by. At night, in general, the trains do not sound their horns. However if there is an obstruction on the tracks, then they will. It will probably wake you up if this happens. Second, the shower was really height-challenged. I am 5'3" and could touch my palm to the ceiling - so if you are tall, you will probably hate the shower. Third, the cable tv was snowy which is either a shoddy connection or an old tv. In any case, if you are just looking for a place to sleep and don't mind some of the quirks, then this is certainly a good deal.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
EnWhy
I enjoyed my stay there I liked the shuttle service it was cheap and prompt to Beal St and Mega Bus. Next time u come to Memphis I will stay there
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Tevin
I thought the room needed maintaince better. The shampoo was awful. The bar soap was just as bad. The shower curtain did not go from wall to wall like it should. I would not stay here again!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Very Decent Hotel"
The service was nice. I had no problems. Fast check in. My room was clean and the bed was ok. They could use better pillows though. The location was good because it was very close to downtown and near the Arkansas bridge as well. Overall it was a nice stay.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Rhonda S.
"Dingy, depressing, & dirty"
If it weren't for the location, I wouldn't think about it.
1 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2014
Mike in DC
"Adequate"
Very convenient, right off the highway. A light breakfast was included. Staff were friendly.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Val
Convienient location, but bad area. Junk cars in the parking lot. Looks like some haven't moved in months.Rooms need updating.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Somewhat good location"
it was a cool hotel. Nothing fancy. Good for a budget.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Cool place close to everything easy to find too how much do you guys want from me?
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Uncleaned room"
Room had trashes under / behind the bed and couches - gross. TV was turning off every 5 mins.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"You get what you pay for!!!!"
Cheap hotel and they sure don't try to clean the place up any!!!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"2 min away from beale st."
the bed was really comfortable, not a modern fancy hotel but for the price it was comfortable and close to downtown, i will stay again when i come back to memphis, it had microwave and fridge, overall i was good, nothing fancy once again but a cool place to sleep in and get downtown at night. service was ok, i just had a small dispute when i was checking in because the clerk wanted to chsrge me again when i had already paid here, but it was resolved,just frustrating.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
sheila
"Satisfactory"
The a/c unit was rather noisy. The major benefit of this hotel is its proximity to the highway. Beneficial for getting into downtown Memphis quickly. Overall, I didn't have a problem with the room. If you're looking for a neighborhood where you can get out and have a walk around this is not it, however. But if you just want to park and sleep… Go for it.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Ramone
"Get some new beds!"
I have stayed in super 8 hotels many times and this one needs some work. The beds are worn and very uncomfortable. The carpets are stained and I found a condom wrapper by the bed. Never again.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014