All hotels in Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
340 W Illinois Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38106, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

Location is ok
    Food is all right
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
We have stayed there three years now, every year has been great.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
roger
We're are a family of 5 traveling with small children. The hotel area did not look the best, but it was right on the river and great location to get to everything.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"My 4 star experience"
Room key wouldn't work, several changes and found out battery dead for door. Toliet wouldn't flush and then it overflowed and no one to fix till morning. Had to change rooms. Non smoking room with cigarette burned holes in bedding. Room key for that room quit working also. Shampoo so old that jar yellowed. TV had broken door, room not painted all the way, you can see white paint thru the blue paint. Told management and they did nothing. I knew I wasn't getting a 4 star hotel. I just wanted a working room key and toliet. BTW we had to switch rooms after we were in our pajamas
2 night trip Dec 4, 2015
"seriously historic"
terrible refused to switch my room after i discovered a ton of ladybugs in my window surrounding each lamp and crawling all over ceiling. Also intentionally gave me a terrible room overall not properly cleaned and completely outdated but they had much nicer rooms available with flat screens cleaner interior and no lady bugs also updated furnishings. But outside is kinda run down looking. nothing in walking distance (no stores or restaurants) and surroundings look abandoned.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
jazzlyn
"Blues hwy"
Convenient to downtown and everything in greater Memphis area. On site of Ft Pickering with anciemt indian mounds in walkimg distance
3 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
This was the absolute worst hotel experience I've ever had. There were bugs everywhere. The staff would not move us to another room but they handed me a can of spray and said that I can use it or they will come and kill them. But there was only one worker on duty so I did it myself. I killed literally hundreds. We could not sleep. So as soon as daylight came we checked out the next morning and went to another hotel. In a totally different part of the city.
2 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
Vincent
"Good budget hotel - would use it again!"
We had 1 night travelling to see graceland and beale street. We arrived on 2 motorbikes and the staff were happy to let us park outside reception. This hotel has had some very poor ratings particularly because of the look of the neighbourhood which is very run down but we had no issues and I think here you get what you pay for - a cheap hotel convenient (by cab or shuttle) for memphis and graceland. If you are on a budget it is good - if you want the ritz this isn't it.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
ian
"you get what you pay for"
it was ok for what i was paying for. there were a few issues such as mold and no ventilation in the bathroom but i was only in town for two nights so it wasn't a big deal.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
ashley
"Stay away"
Dirty rooms, horrible neighborhood, be sure to Lock your door. Not a place that i can recommend.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Lasse
The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. That being said, that was the only good aspect about the hotel. The hotel was in a very sketchy location - right off of 55 next to worn down, graffiti-covered buildings. The room was adequate, but the bathroom was disgusting. We found several bodily hairs in the bath/shower and behind the bathroom door. Definitely not going back any time soon.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Catherine
Tired and the room was comfortable, I just wanted to get home.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Cheap is as Cheap does"
A cheap cab ride from Beale Street, but pretty much a no-frills bed to lay your head.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2015
"Just terrible..."
Where do I start... the first room we checked into the air conditioner did not work. After a call and 20 minute wait for someone to come up I had to go down to the front desk. The man was very kind and admitted the ac was out and moved us to another room. The next morning we went to have breakfast. Boy was that a joke... waffles, apples and juice. Not your usually continental breakfast. Back to our room to get our kids bathed. Half way thru my daughter's shower the shower head quit working. We had to turn it off and then back on repeatedly throughout her shower. Did I mention the parking lot is beyond ridiculous. I literally had to climb over into the drivers seat to drive. I am not a picky hotel person but this one was hideous. They definitely need to lower their prices or do a much needed renovation.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
I cancelled my reservation upon arrival very disappointed with exterior very seedy. Not comfortable in that environment.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2015
The hotel is very run down. Rooms are out dated. Ice machine on the 4th floor was out of order so if you wanted ice you had to go to the main floor. Not a hotel where you would want to let your kids leave the room without you. Vending machine not routinely filled. The kids got candy bars from the vending machine and they had been melted and cooled off and were stale tasting. Front desk service at check in not very friendly. Overall very disappointed in the hotel itself. Have stayed at Super 8 hotels before and this one was by far the worst.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
Non smoking room. Full of smoke. Towels hanging wet in bathroom. Never were told breakfast ended at nine. Missed. LAck of pTking. Ugh!!
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
"Dont stay"
Gross This was worst hotel! our rooms had a very bad odor. When I mentioned it to the front desk, I was given a different room. The odor was still there but not as bad. UGH! Like I would never stay here again. Breakfast was UGH as well!
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"You get what you pay"
Location close to the downtown, works if you have a car. Nothing fancy at all. Need to renew the entire hotel. Pool always dirty. Breakfast the worse. But for two nights is fine. For the price dont expect too much.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Pablo
"Surprisingly well pleased...."
Well, quite frankly I was looking for the cheapest hotel I could find closest to Graceland. I originally had my doubts about the super 8 but thought for the low price I got it for I couldn't complain too much or have many expectations. I was surprised when I arrived at the hotel I found the place to be clean and smelled nice and the staff was very helpful and friendly. It was very well worth what I paid for my two night stay and would definitely stay there again. We all know we can pay extravagant prices for hotels with all the amenities but if you're looking for a nice place to stay that's safe and has a reasonable rate you can't go wrong with this location. Thank you guys for making my first trip to Memphis a good one, I had a great time!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Wayne
"Bad stay"
The bathroom had a leak and ceiling that got bigger through out the night. Then I was move to a dirty room that morning because of the leak. I returned that afternoon with no towels and the T.V. remote did not work. I called the front desk and was told that if I wanted towels that I would that to come get them. Down six flights of stairs because the elevator did not work. Two hours later I was brought a T.V. remote that still did not work. An hour later someone return to fix the remote.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Disgusted"
There was mold in the shower, sticky stuff in the carpet, popcorn under the beds and in the floor and white nasty stuff all over the spread.. The whole motel was filthy, huge piles of mattresses all outside.. I was VERY disappointed in the room.. PLUS Hotel.com charged me $30.00 over what regular room price was.. I feel VERY ripped off..
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Opal K
"Turn around while you can!"
I have stayed at lots of super 8s and I've always been 100% satisfied. Except this time! The room Felt dirty to me, this hotel needs some repair. The walls were dingy looking, the walls had Holes in the Sheetrock, the bathroom tub was nasty looking and the facet was broken, it took me 20 minutes to get the hot water on cause it just kept turning. The toilet hasn't been replaced in years. The neighborhood is kind of sketchy feeing. Lots of creeps hanging around the parking lot. I just didn't fee safe and was nervous all night. Word of advice, spend a little more for a different hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Kristen
Staff was friendly but hotel needs lots of attention. Appears that they are making improvements a little at a time.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
"Okay for the price"
We booked last minute while driving to Memphis. The price was right. The blankets were torn and I killed a spider on the comforter while getting ready for bed. Other than that, it was okay for the price.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Darrell W
"great customer service"
We were in memphis for a destination wedding, we had our grand daughter with us and the night manager helped us get milk for her and she also helped us by arranging a shuttle to pick uo our daughter at the airport, she went above and beyond. The location was close to downtown memphis and the hotel provided a shuttle very convenient.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Pamela
"Spend a little more money and don't stay here"
Very disappointed with everything about this place. While it claims to be near downtown/graceland area it really isn't. I can't think of one thing good to say about this place. My advice....book a room somewhere else.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
christine
"Bad hotel, bad location"
This hotel was horrible, stay away! It is near two other abandoned buildings, there is nothing in the area. Our first room had a water leak, so we switched rooms. We realized we had bed bugs in the second room. We noticed the box spring was covered in plastic in the first room but didn't think anything of it. The service was also bad, we asked for towels many times and we still never had enough.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Christine
"Decent for $"
Hotel in run down neighborhood right next to train tracks! Decent for a cheap place to stay!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Abel
"Good trip!!"
I really enjoyed my stay.
7 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
Rosie
"economical, adequate hotel near downtown and river"
after a problem with finding a room the key would unlock, we had a great stay, enjoyed the other guests and pool. conveniently located.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Just skip this place"
This hotel was in an area of Memphis with an abandoned building just across the street. It was old and run down. It was very well lit at night, though. Some of the reviews online were highly exaggerated. I would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
mark
"Unsafe and in need of renovations."
The beds were comfortable. But the room didn't feel safe. We could see light shining from underneath the door from the outside parking lot. Our room smelled damp and musty. The hotel room was outdated and needs to be renovated. You get what you pay for.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Good for one night"
The beds were very comfortable. The room was a bit worn, but clean. For the price it was fine. The location could not have been better close to downtown.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Great stay for the price!"
I always stay here due to the price. I have never had a bad room nor bad service. The only complaint I have are the spiders on the outside of the room on the balcony.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Tonya
"Not happy!!!!!"
If you want a cheap room this is it!!!! The hotel looks nothing like on the web site!!! It is run down and dirty!! On the web site it says it has a pool and hot tub. Just a pool no hot tub! Was looking forward to a hot tub!!!! It is in a rundown area! The shower was hard to get regulated! For the continetal breakfast it was the same thing everyday!!! The only good thing about it was the staff was very friendly!! We will never stay there again!!!! If you wanted to go anywhere you had to get on the interstate!!! They need to update their website!!! Very unhappy with the accomidations!!! But we did have a great time in Memphis while we were there we made the best of it!!!
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Tammy
"Don't let the area scare you"
I was terrified when we pulled off the highway but, the rooms we great! View of the Mississippi, air conditioner was amazing. Don't be put off by the abandoned buildings. They're beautiful, the staff was super friendly. My one complaint is that I asked 3 times for an extra blanket and never got one for my kids. Also, parking is very sparse. Other than that, I'll be happy to stay here again, easy to get downtown, right by a great park next to the river.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Jeremy
"A gamble to avoid"
We planned a road trip to various cities we had never visited and knew that booking a hotel in a city like that was going to be a gamble. This hotel proved that some gambles turn out very poorly. The area around the hotel is full of run down buildings, broken down neighborhoods and generally uncomfortable surroundings. The room was small, the mattress was old and broken down, the ceiling in the bathroom appeared to need the bathroom door for support. The one shining spot was the staff. They were helpful, kind, friendly and did everything they could to welcome us. Breakfast was on par with what you get at any Super 8.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
The hotel is a good place to stay if you are looking for a place to lay your head at night but not much more. The pool had cleaning supplies laying around the privacy fence that looked like it was about to fall. There is absolutely no parking availability except on the street. The price of the room was cheap which was what we were looking for but we probably will pay a little more next time for a nicer place.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Not any good, don't rent"
You told us one thing and it wasn't true, We traveled 1000 miles that day or we woulda went else where. There were people selling dope there too , u guys need to actually care about people sumtimes.then u take there money if they cancel, and have em in messed up situation
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Ben
"vacation"
had a difficult time finding hotel as exit is around the corner headed to st louis but had 2 different folks help me find it.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
virginia
"very poor"
The room was not the best. The was a crack down the wall in the bathroom. They didn't get us enough soap and shampoo for 5 people. I would never stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Nice old place"
I usually don't like motels but this one was nice. Old but nice. Needs more parking space but we had a good time there. I would have no problem staying there again.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"average"
Just driving thru.....
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Mixed feelings"
Seemed scary at first (due to location and how old it looked on the outside) but then we saw the the room very nice and clean. Everything was great minus someone peed in the elevator...
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Close to downtown Memphis"
When I got there I had to wait 15 mins to check in. The lobby smell like weed and the first room card didn't work . The second room had no towels in it so my bf had to go get some. I will not be back at this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Super 8 in Memphis, TN Sucks"
If I knew how to get my money back from that hotel stay, I would do it in a heartbeat. The hotel, neighborhood, etc. really sucks. I will not recommend that no one reserve a room @ Super 8 in Memphis.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
stephanie
"Did the Job"
it was perfect for what we needed
3 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Super 8 to the rescue!!!"
We stayed at the Vista Inn in Memphis to begin with and it was the worst. The staff at Super 8 came to get us with their shuttle first thing in the morning and got us right into a room and assured us that they would take care of us. Which they did every step of the way!!! This is the only place we will stay in Memphis and we hope to return often. It is a little older hotel but they take great pride in taking care of it and I had absolutely no complaints. Thank you so much Super 8.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
jennifer
"Terrible musty smelling room, dangerous area"
The room smelled awful, mildewy and dank. We were afraid of bed bugs. The area is dangerous. The building is old and in need of renovation.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Josh
"Room smelled horrible."
The room was hot, had no ventilation other than a poorly performing A/C, and smelled terribly of mildew. Parking was cramped and hard to find on the weekend. Dirty, old building in a dangerous part of town.
Other trip May 25, 2015