All hotels in Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
340 W Illinois Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38106, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.6
    2.7
    2.2
    2.2
"memphis get away"
Hotel was great for the price. but this hotel needs to be updated
1 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
alethea
"Repair Days 2014"
We stay every year at the time of the Metalsmithing Museum Repair Days event.
3 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Robert F.
"Nice enough hotel for the price"
The hotel itself is tucked away and you may miss it and go over the bridge to Arkansas. The staff was very accommodating & nice. The rooms were clean but the ceiling in my bathroom had mold. The last 15 cable channels on the television are fuzzy & can't see them. Overall it was a decent stay.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Rhonda
"bad"
When we first got to the room it was not clean. When we told them they wanted to move us to a different room but when I told them that we had two rooms and they need to be together as requested he got mad. We asked for towels the next day and was told they did not have any clean. We had to wait until after 5 pm to get a towel and then this happed the next day to. I will never stay at this one again
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Shelly
the beakfast just was bad,old tiny muffin some fruit, coffee and instant oat meal. i will never stay there again.as big as that hotel,that small parking spots, around 30,cars parking on the street. in a bad spot.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Worst motel I ever stayed"
Room very very dirty Covers smell of sweat dangerous neighborhood
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Joep
"Pros and Cons"
Good points - close to Beale Street and hotel has someone to drive you there; close to downtown; changed our reservations from smoking to non-smoking. Bad points - multi floor and requires several elevator trips with luggage; mediocre breakfasts; general shabby condition of building and motel; surrounding area has a train track and highway close by and several vacant delapidated buildings.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Judith K
"If you like trains..."
The hotel is located right on the Mississippi riverfront just south of I-55 with easy access to just about anywhere. The Ornamental Metal Museum is just a block away. The area sees some vacancy, but I felt perfectly safe. Clearly an older building, the rooms show signs of wear, but are clean. The bed was firm, internet connection was adequate, and everything was in working condition. The common areas are welcoming and comfortable. There is a nice, clean pool and the continental breakfast is just fine (cereal, waffles, toast, muffins, fruit, etc.). The staff were friendly and helpful. For the price of the room and for my purposes, it was a fine deal. There are a couple downsides of the hotel. One is that it is right next to the train tracks so you will hear the trains going by. At night, in general, the trains do not sound their horns. However if there is an obstruction on the tracks, then they will. It will probably wake you up if this happens. Second, the shower was really height-challenged. I am 5'3" and could touch my palm to the ceiling - so if you are tall, you will probably hate the shower. Third, the cable tv was snowy which is either a shoddy connection or an old tv. In any case, if you are just looking for a place to sleep and don't mind some of the quirks, then this is certainly a good deal.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
EnWhy
I enjoyed my stay there I liked the shuttle service it was cheap and prompt to Beal St and Mega Bus. Next time u come to Memphis I will stay there
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Tevin
I thought the room needed maintaince better. The shampoo was awful. The bar soap was just as bad. The shower curtain did not go from wall to wall like it should. I would not stay here again!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Very Decent Hotel"
The service was nice. I had no problems. Fast check in. My room was clean and the bed was ok. They could use better pillows though. The location was good because it was very close to downtown and near the Arkansas bridge as well. Overall it was a nice stay.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Rhonda S.
"Dingy, depressing, & dirty"
If it weren't for the location, I wouldn't think about it.
1 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2014
Mike in DC
"Adequate"
Very convenient, right off the highway. A light breakfast was included. Staff were friendly.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Val
Convienient location, but bad area. Junk cars in the parking lot. Looks like some haven't moved in months.Rooms need updating.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Somewhat good location"
it was a cool hotel. Nothing fancy. Good for a budget.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Cool place close to everything easy to find too how much do you guys want from me?
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Uncleaned room"
Room had trashes under / behind the bed and couches - gross. TV was turning off every 5 mins.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"You get what you pay for!!!!"
Cheap hotel and they sure don't try to clean the place up any!!!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"2 min away from beale st."
the bed was really comfortable, not a modern fancy hotel but for the price it was comfortable and close to downtown, i will stay again when i come back to memphis, it had microwave and fridge, overall i was good, nothing fancy once again but a cool place to sleep in and get downtown at night. service was ok, i just had a small dispute when i was checking in because the clerk wanted to chsrge me again when i had already paid here, but it was resolved,just frustrating.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
sheila
"Satisfactory"
The a/c unit was rather noisy. The major benefit of this hotel is its proximity to the highway. Beneficial for getting into downtown Memphis quickly. Overall, I didn't have a problem with the room. If you're looking for a neighborhood where you can get out and have a walk around this is not it, however. But if you just want to park and sleep… Go for it.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Ramone
"Get some new beds!"
I have stayed in super 8 hotels many times and this one needs some work. The beds are worn and very uncomfortable. The carpets are stained and I found a condom wrapper by the bed. Never again.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Nice staff bad hotel"
The staff was really nice. After a 3 hour trip, we arrived at the motel and the guy behind the counter upgraded us to a king size bed for free. But when we walked in the room, my oh my! It smelled funky, it was dirty, had layers and layers of dust everywhere. I was afraid to touch anything. It was disgusting. Our bathroom had a whole on the ceiling and they had stuffed it with a towel. The next morning, I guess the upstairs guests decided to take a shower and it dripped all over our bathroom. Breakfast was deplorable. Boy, did we regret trying to save some money on hotels....
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Immigration
"It'll do for a night's sleep"
The hotel was very old, but not antique old, just old. But all we really needed was a place to sleep during our 20 hour drive, so it worked. The a/c ran great, but it's not a place to stay if you are seeking ambiance. The hotel staff was great. The location was a bit scary if you have children, but all in all it worked out just fine.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Descent"
Check in was quick. I didn't even have to sign anything. When I opened my door I noticed the bed wasn't made and there was a wierd odor in the room. Other than that I slept great. The location is close to the river and downtown.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Rufus
"Don't judge a book by its cover..."
Nothing like what it looked like online. Very disappointed.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Debra
Not a great part of town but I would stay there again. The room my family stayed in was nice. The pool was nice and clean. I would recommend staying there.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"set apart from other places"
cable and internet froze up on me while i was there, but overall not bad.
7 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
richard j.
"Dump with a view"
The only thing this hotel had going for it was the view of the Mississippi, right off the highway and a pool. Breakfast was horrible. Waffle station with no spray for the maker and the cup to put batter in was dirty and not even large enough to make a waffle. Coffee ran out, muffins ran out, 2 pieces of bread left and the cereal dispenser spilled all over. Pillows in room were filthy and they didn't even try to hide it with a pillow case. One lamp didn't work, tub with filthy, and the toilet leaked and was loose from the wall.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Renee
"It was what we needed"
We went there to tour the sights of Memphis!! Not to sit in our room. It was perfect for this. We got really familiar w the driving location. We were right ON the Mississippi!! It was really neat to us. We are a little weird tho, we only used our room to sleep.... Lol
2 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Shepherd's
"Memphis close to I-55."
The proximity to I-55 at the state line is excellent, but the surrounding area can only be described as "the last once to leave Memphis please turn out the lights". Several abandoned buildings surround the property. The staff were very pleasant and the pool was well kept. I could not find a elevator inspection and the elevator doors were operating properly, the the five flights of stairs were not bad for me. I all candor I could not recommend the location to families, but it seems adequate for tight budget contractors.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Giaco V.
"Clean but old and needs repairs"
We stayed here for one night to catch the amtrak early in the morning. Rooms were large and fairly clean and comfortable. I wasn't comfortable with the surroundings and area of the city. Also the bathroom was ancient and the door wouldn't even close Ok room for the cheap price
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Tracey
"A good spot close to everything for a good price"
Truck parking across the street, good price and a decent rppm with a comfy bed, mini fridge and wave. For $6 round trip fot a shuttle to Biel Street. Ill be back
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Big John
We were very disappointed. We had several in our group. On party had to change rooms bc the original room very dirty with visible mold. Another party changed rooms numerous times for various reasons. Air conditioning nonworking, toilet stopped up, dirty, etc.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"Crap heap"
DIRTY! Loud with trains, everything was filthy. Took 3 rooms to get one that we could stay in because I couldn't cancel.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Family vacation"
It was good
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
ORee
"Disgusting!!!!!"
This hotel was probably the worst we have ever stayed in. The room we stayed in smelled. The bedspread was full of stains with cigarette burns. Wouldn't dare to walk on the carpeting without shoes. Booked online so it was sight unseen. Everything else in the area was booked. Prior reviews were mixed so we took our chances. Big mistake. Only redeemable quality was that it was located a little over a mile from Beale Street.
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
brijacmac
"Memphis Trip"
We took a trip down to Memphis for a bachelor party; this hotel was cheap. The surrounding area is mostly abandoned buildings but it's 2 miles from Beale Street and they offer a cheap shuttle service. The hotel is not the Ritz but it's actually super clean and in fairly good shape. Family that runs it is super nice. You pretty much know what you're getting here -- cheap hotel with no frills. I'd go again for sure.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"mold in the room"
Mold in the bathroom.
2 night family trip May 12, 2014
Lawrence
"Tragic"
I booked online for two night for a king smoking. When I get to the room the carpet was nasty, the toilet looked yuck, and the bed was hard. I wasn't expecting a five star but sheesh. He did allow me to switch to a somewhat better room. The location is only like a mile and a half from Beale and they did have a shuttle you could pay to take you downtown but it shut down after 11pm so you either have to catch a ride or a cab. Overall I wasn't comfortable in the room but he did say the nonsmoking rooms had been updated unlike the smoking rooms. Maybe they will update them in the near future but until then ugh.
2 night business trip May 9, 2014
Mrs sutton
"Fairly close to downtown, but in disrepair"
I chose this hotel particularly because it was close to downtown but fairly inexpensive, about the same price as other Super 8s at which I have stayed. But this one was obviously old and. It well maintained. The door to the bathroom wouldn't shut. The floor of the shower was warped. The box spring was wrapped in plastic so every morning we would wake up and the mattress would be close to sliding off into the floor. It was a delicate balance between being close to downtown and inexpensive. Honestly, I should have spent more money.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Jacob
"Old Motel Nice People"
The building seemed to be in the middle refurbishing. The location on the river was beautiful, it was at the edge of the city near a questionable neighborhood. The room needed new carpet (major stains) but the mattress was comfortable. The day we checked out several new tvs had arrived. The family who worked/owned the motel were very personal and professional. They seemed to care about their business very much. We stayed during the May festivities and they offered special parking for our classic corvette.
Other trip May 9, 2014
retired travele
"Great place to stay for Beale Street Music Festiva"
Staff was friendly & helpful. Room was nicer than expected! Breakfast was nice every morning! I would gladly stay here again! Great location for staying for Beale Street Music Festival or other waterfront events!
3 night trip May 2, 2014
CC
"disappointing"
Hotel was worse super 8 I ever stayed in. Room carpetting was filthy with grease dirt stains and spill stains. Blanket had nasty stains on it. 2nd day they removed wash cloth and didn't replace left dirty towels and didn't service coffee pot or leave new supplies
3 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
jay linx
"H"
Currently under construction but the staff were excellent! Breakfast was good and fresh! No eggs or bacon but not needed if u are eating in town later in the day. Our first time in Memphis but had such a wonderful stay because of super 8 and their staff and shuttle service! Worth every penny!
Other trip May 2, 2014
It was decent for the cost. Only complaint is that there was no place to plug in the coffee maker where it was set and there was no room-dedicated iron/ironing board (had to go down to the lobby from fifth floor to get one and then return).
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Close and cheap"
The hotel was hard to find but close to town. Every thing looked not looked after!
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2014
Gilles
The room did not feel clean and was extremely small. The chairs were not comfortable and the I could hear everything outside and in the room next door. I'm sorry I can't give it a good rating.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
Steve Summers
"Easily the nastiest room I've ever slept in..."
I would like to start off on a positive note. The staff was pleasant, the free breakfast was what you would expect any other free breakfast to be, and the location was easily accessible. Now the real reason this hotel gets such a low rating is cleanliness. The carpet was so stained that my feet did not touch the floor once, even in socks. The bed linen seemed clean enough, however, due to the condition of the rest of the room, I did not trust it and slept on top of the sheets in as much clothing as I could wear. Not sure if the shower even worked. Didn't try, the tub was as stained and foul looking as the carpet! The wall was stained and the heating unit's filter was on the floor. Last but not least, even though the location was easily accessible, it was in a suspect area by the river. The abandoned building next door wasn't very flattering. I would not recommend this location under any circumstances. Just suck it up and sleep in your vehicle.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Nothing to complain about"
It was average feeling, nothing really to complain, how ever room was smoking so smell bad..but still its nice
Other trip Apr 8, 2014