All hotels in Encinitas, California, United States of America
133 Encinitas Blvd, Encinitas, CA, 92024, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"OK :/"
When we got to the room it smelled like cigarette smoke and it was a non smoking room. The TV was so staticky it was hard to watch anything, and The microwave in our room smelled Like it was gonna burn after being on for 1 minute so we stopped using it and the next morning my husband asked for them to replace the microwave and fix the TV. They replaced the microwave and that o E was much better but I do t know what they did to the TV because it looked exactly the same.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Overall we were pleased with our stay. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Though the hotel is showing it's age and needs better maintenance. Our main issues were the bath tub was draining too slowly causing a backflow when using the shower. The TV had grainy reception and was barely usable. And finally the breakfast was pretty meager.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
We stayed at the Days Inn for one night because it was much cheaper than surrounding hotels. Overall our stay was pleasant. Room was small but did its duty of giving us somewhere to sleep and get ready. However we do have some friends who had a horrible experience the night before, so beware if you happen to be getting in at 2am. From my personal experience, I would recommend.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Stayed here with my little family"
Room smelled clean and fresh when we got there. It was very clean, except for the rug. I was VERY nervous traveling with our two kids 1and 6. I spoke to Maria before arriving and she got us a room away for the freeway, so it was nice and quite, room 236. Gordon at the front desk was very nice and accomadating.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
R
"Bring your ear plugs if you want to sleep good!"
Room was clean to the untrained eye. But working for a five star hotel, I can see details others can't. One small example was the shower curtain rod had a small blood stain and the shower had mold in a small area. Major complaint though is the noise you could hear from the room above us. You can literally hear footsteps. And unfortunately for us, we had insomniacs above us.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Luis
"You get what you pay for."
Once we entered our room we understood why the room was so cheap. The rims interior was a bit warn and dirty. The bathroom was just as unclean.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for your feedback and I hope we get the chance to see you again.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Horrible Conditions"
The room was 110 degrees and the AC was broken. The staff was not helpful at all.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am so sorry to hear that the A/C was not working correctly. We will make sure to check all of our A/C units and make sure they are in working order! Thank you so much for your feedback.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Clean & Comfortable"
This hotel was reasonably priced for the location. If you are looking for a clean and comfortable room to sleep in, this hotel was great. If you are looking for a resort to relax and spend your day then this is probably not the spot. The pool is small and in the parking area. The free breakfast is minimal.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Deborah
"Family yrip"
We had a bottom floor room it was clean and nicely decorated. Beds were soft and we had a good amount of pillows. Our family had a great time it nice to not worry so much about kid noise as a kids soccor team was there too. We did eat at the free continental breakfast. I did not see danishes but they had a variety for sweet breads. It was nice for free and quick to eat on our way to Legoland or the beach. It is easy access to freeway and into Encinitas beach strip area.. We would stay here again
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear you had a great stay! I am glad we were able to accommodate you well. Legoland is located approximately 6 MI north of us. I hope we are able to see you again soon!
4 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Ronisha
"Great location, overpriced hotel but a good stay"
Spent 4 nights here with family. Encinitas is a great launching point to explore the coast, from SD up to Laguna Beach and everything in between. Super fast access to I-5 or the 101. Denny's in the parking lot and lots of good food nearby (try Cap'n Keno's on the 101 and Manhattan Giant Pizza on Ave D!) Location is terrific & felt safe. Nice park right across the street and a dog park on the hill behind the hotel. Beach access down a steep hill, but walkable for most. Cheapest gas in the area is ~4 mi.up Hwy 101 at the 7-11. Pros: The room was comfortable, with good beds, lots of pillows, a good A/C, a good flatscreen TV, and a free safe. Cons: Shower pressure not great. Chairs stained and carpet was dirty too, making our feet black after walking barefoot in the room. Outer walkways are very noisy as people walk around, esp. running kids and when the housekeepers starts rolling carts past your room in the morning. There's just one elevator, in the SW corner, and it's surrounded by the hotel laundry facility, which kicks out a crazy amount of lint right into your lungs if you're in the vicinity. A fire alarm woke everyone up at 1:30am one of our nights. But all in all, it is a good hotel, probably 2.5 star rating would be appropriate. The price was much higher than I would normally want to spend, but it seemed like there weren't many better options nearby. Next time, I might explore some of the properties I saw in the area that are not listed on this hotel website.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay! We are approximately .5 MI from Moonlight beach and our Encinitas downtown area. We will make sure to check all the rooms and wash the carpets and chair. It was unfortunate that the fire alarm went off especially that early in the morning but we had the fire department come and check to make sure everything was alright. I hope we do get the chance to see you again in the future!
4 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"very good location"
Excellent location. 2 blocks from the beach and the commercial area.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
4 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
rosalia
The location was perfect and the staff was excellent, but the hotel is in bad need of some upkeep. The room was tiny, and our sink leaked (and the plumbing under the sink, which was visible, looked like it had literally been duct taped). Lots of noisy little kids running around as well--we were on the first floor and could hear every footstep. The breakfast was pretty weak as well (stale bread and some fruit). I realize that $150/night is cheap for this area, but the hotel still seems a bit overpriced.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am glad to hear that our staff was very accommodating. We are located approximately .5 MI from Moonlight Beach and the Encinitas downtown area. During the summer our rates are higher and we do have many guests with children that stay here. We are in the process of updating our hotel little by little and we hope that we get the chance to see you again in the future. Thank you so much for your feedback
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
The T.V. never worked the whole time I was there. Complained to the mgmt. and it was fixed for the day. Next day did not work. Gave up on that one. Got locked out of my room 2nd day as the key was no good. House keeping was 0 help! Finally got another from mgmt. 2nd night at 1:30 in the morning, the alarm goes off right outside my window. Not sure why. Probably would never stay there again.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We will find which room you were in and replace the tv. We did have the fire department come and check the alarm. Thank you so much for your feedback
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Kenneth
"For the money the people pay you know you could ha"
Weve stayed at moonlight a couple times now. Breakfast could be a little better service wasn't bad little late for room clean up, other than that its an OK place to stay.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay. Our housekeeping works hard until about 5 PM everyday and usually clean the checked out rooms before they get to the stay overs. I hope we get to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Slightly Sketchy"
Although the hotel is conveniently located, it is not very pleasant. The rooms are okay, but the lighting is poor, and I wouldn't want any single women or elderly folks to deal with the dark staircases and hallways. The soda machine and overhead lights did not work, and the TV quality was poor. Someone pulled the fire alarm on our last night, rousing us from a sound sleep. Nearby parking was hard to find at times.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will make sure to check all of the lighting and replace any light bulbs that are out. We are currently in the process of upgrading our cable which will help with the quality. As for the fire alarm, I am sorry that it was pulled. We did have the fire department come and make sure everything was OK. I hope that we will get the chance to see you again in the future.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Walk to restaurant, near grocery and beach"
Son nearby with family and this hotel provided extra sleeping space
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here and thank you so much for your feedback. We are located approximately .5Mi from the beach and our downtown Encinitas.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Good overall and quite place
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Great proximity to beach. Amenities limited"
I generally stay at higher rated hotels so I am comparing apples to oranges. I expected noise because it is adjacent to interstate but additon of very loud AC and loud housekeeping carts rattling along cement balconies most of the day made noise very frustrating. They were stored next to singular and cramped elevator. Breakfast seating was cramped with 2 tables practiculy in driveway. Very little landscape. There was a funky smell probably the brand of cleaning supplies. I LOVED walking just 4 blocks to beach everyday. Fun shops and eateries. Train stop was 3 blocks that I rode to San Diego. I would say stay at this motel only to sleep and if you are heavy sleeper.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feed back. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We are located approximately .5 Mi to Moonlight Beach and our downtown Encinitas area.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Overpriced"
Overpriced for what you get. The room was not ready when we got there at 9:00pm. There were spiders crawling around in the bathroom. The room was hot and it took a couple hours for the air conditioner to cool it off.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Joanna
"Close the beach, its best attribute"
Close to the beach and restaurants and shops. Small rooms, uncomfortable beds. The breakfast was all carbs, no protein available.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, we hope to accommodate for you better next time. We are located about .5 Mi from the beach.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Jill
Nice stay on first night. Friendly person at the front desk. Nice pool. Second night, noisy people at around midnight.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your neighbors were noisy on the second night, I hope we were able to take care of that for you.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
diane
"Room was just okay."
The room was really small and I rate our hotel stay as fair. Close to everything I would have to say, the beach and places to eat, just a short drive away. Breakfast included was not very appealing, just fair.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are located approximately .5 Mi from Moonlight beach and also from our downtown Encinitas area.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Alice
"Sticky floors and dirty bathroom"
Sticky floors and dirty bathroom. Booked non-smoking room but front desk tried to assign a smoking room. When I insisted on non-smoking, I was lectured on how inconvenient this request was for the hotel. Unbelievable!
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay but I am glad we were able to accommodate you in a non-smoking room. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Average hotel at an economy price"
We arrived after midnight via the Pacific Surfliner. It's about a 10 minute walk from the train station. They only have a walk up window open at that time of night, but the staff checked us in quickly and we were able to get into our room. As the other reviews say, you get what you pay for. However I thought the room was fine, and it is a short walk to the beach and downtown Encinitas. Since we were taking the train south to San Diego the staff held our bags and we picked them up before the train.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are located approximately .5 mi from Moonlight beach and the Encinitas Downtown area. The train is about .3Mi. We do close our lobby at 11PM but there is someone on staff here all hours of the day. Thank you so much for your feedback.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Kristopher
"Ok for an overnight stay"
The hotel was ok. The parking was inadequate. Tv picture was inadequate. They need a luggage trolley.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am sorry to hear your stay was only ok. We are in the process of upgrading our cable and will hopefully be ready soon. I'm sorry that parking was difficult during your stay. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Carlos
"San Diego/Encinitas Area Hotel"
Good hotel for the price. The only downside was the garbage collection at 6:50 AM each morning!
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you so much for your feedback
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Tony
"Pleasant Hotel"
Very nice hotel, very close to the beach
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Ronny
"clean and convenient."
Close to freeway access (to go to Del Mar Racetrack.) Room was clean and bed comfortable. Small, but I didnt need much. Parking is a problem, I gave up trying to park close to the room. Ended up parking down the hill (facing Encinitas Blvd.) so it was a hike up to hotel and up the stairs to 3rd floor. elevator is NOT convenient. Breakfast is nothing special--cereal and juice--and there is not enough space to sit. Staff were very nice and polite. I only booked 1 week in advance and got a decent price. They should provide a map to guests so you know where to park where room is. I would stay here again as it was clean and car was ok, but I would not want to pay top price.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am glad to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to park close to your room. We do only have 1 elevator on the backside of the hotel. I am glad our staff was able to accommodate you. Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Jul 17, 2015
Margaret
"Beach get a way"
Walking distance to Moonlight Beach, room clean, close to freeway but didn't hear anything in room.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are located approximately .5 MI from Moonlight Beach. Thank you so much for your feedback.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Cristine
"July 2015"
Very noisy (close to the freeway and can hear your neighbour).
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am sorry to hear that the room was noisy. Hopefully next time we will be able to keep you away from the freeway. Thank you so much for your feedback.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Philippe
"Good location near Moonlight Beach"
Good location between interstate 5 and the Pacific Coast highway. Easy access in and out, beach is within walking distance. Pool was great for the kids.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are located right off of the 5 freeway and approximatly .5 Mi from Moonlight Beach which only takes about 15 minutes to walk there. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"A Very nice place to stay in close to the beach,"
We arrived early evening. Check in was simple and very friendly. Room was small but nice and clean - quite adequate. Restaurant out front so can walk over for dinner. We enjoyed the pool after dinner. Second night was very good as well. Better than average pool set at ideal temperature. All in all a very pleasant stay. I would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"Small/outdated room.nice beach"
The room was so small.tv was old.it's good if you just plan on using it for night to shower/sleep.18 minute drive to legoland.beautiful and close walk to the beach was very good.the worst part of the experience was the breakfast.It was yogurt,oatmeal,and bread for toast..that's it.-_-oh and a jug of water.no eggs or nothing hot.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
valerie
"Great for a quick stay"
Was only in the room briefly each night, but it was clean and had the amenities we needed
4 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
Bradley
"Easy!"
Wanted to be close by Moonlight Beach for concert on the beach! Perfect location! Dennys in the Parking lot is great. Overall an easy stay in a very convenient location.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are located approximately 0.5 miles from Moonlight State Beach and our Encinitas downtown area.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Petrina
"Fantastic stay!!"
We went to Comic Con San Diego with our two little boys, and the hotel was a great place to stay. Great location (less then 5 mins to MoonLight beach) which is an amazing beach. The staff was super friendly, and we were able to check in 4 hours early. Thanks guys! We will stay here again for sure. Rooms were nice.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are located approximately .5 miles from Moonlight State beach and are happy to check guests in early if we have the availability. we hope to see you again in the future!
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Salina
"Hotel was clean, little pricey maybe due to events"
Hotel room was super clean, beds comfortable. About a mile or less from beach. I think rates were higher due to events for the weekend I'm area though still cheaper then most. Staff at desk were not overly friendly. Has a small out door pool. There to visit family so it was adequate for my needs. Would stay again.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. Our rates do go up depending on the season or in the case of an event. We are located approximately .5 miles from Moonlight State beach and our Encinitas downtown area. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Grandma
"Very close to the beach"
It was a very nice clean hotel that was close to the beach. Enjoyed it vey much, most of the staff was very friendly. Only thing would be that there was no tv signal in our room and we asked to switch rooms and they said that it would be like that in every room. So if your okay with not having TV than stay at this hotel gets harder to entertain kids.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the television signal was not good in your room but we are currently in the process of upgrading our service. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay anyway and hopefully we will get a chance to try again!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Close to beach"
It was nice very close to the beach within walking distance would recommend
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Pillows sucked and the amount paid for that weekend wasn't worth it.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Our rates do go up during the summer time. I hope that we get the chance to rent to you again.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Nice accomodations"
On duty person was very courteous, friendly and informative. Quick check in and out. The parking has issues due to location on hillside but rooms were clean and well kept, great nights sleep. Enjoyed he experience and would stay again.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you stay with us again in the upcoming years as well!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"Nice convenient getaway"
Nice close to beach shops and restaurants
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
dave
Very good staff, went out of their way in assisting us! Stayed 5 yrs ago, same service!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Get what you pay for ."
Inexpensive , rooms are clean. Bed was way to firm as if I was sleeping on plywood. Staff very friendly. Extra pillows were given when I asked . Good place to stay for a day or two max.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Claudette
"Taxed Texan"
It was just an average stay. Nothing spectacular. No elevators to assist with all the baggage we had to carry up a flight of stairs and the parking wasn't great. We had to park a long distance to our car because all the spots were taken up.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Shawnia
"Great value!"
Front office was able to accommodate an early check which was great!!! We were able to get ready for a concert at the fair later that evening. Unfortunately, the a/c in room #123 was not working so it was very hot and sticky in the room. Aside from that the breakfast was great and the price was right!!
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Del Mar Fairgrounds is approximately 6 Mi South of us. Im sorry that the a/c was not working properly in that room we will make sure to fix it.
Vonnie
"close to the county fair"
chose this hotel because it was close to the San Diego county fair. staff was very friendly , room was quiet and clean. parking was tight and the pool is much smaller than it looks in the picture. would stay here again
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you so much for your feedback we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Del Mar Fairgrounds is approximately 6 Mi south of us.
Josh
"down the coast"
Nice layover
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
howard
"Not so good hotel."
Smoke alarm went off a 3 am, call front desk and said to take out battery from smoke detector, when I check out next day they had no record of the incident, hotel looks old and run down.
Response by Days Inn Encinitas - Legoland Moonlight Beach
Thank you for your feedback I am sorry we did not meet your standards. I hope we can make it up to you next time.
Jose
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!"
This been so far the worst hotel I've stay, motel 6 have better rooms, they have an old tv system, place looks old and dirty, smoke alarm went off at 3 am, call the front desk and just told me to take out battery in smoke detector, went I check out next day, there was no record of incident, if you can avoid this place do your self a favor.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015