All hotels in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
You can collect® Rewards nights here
4029 River Rd, Niagara Falls, ON, L2E3E5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Magnuson Hotel Niagara Falls

06/15/13 Hazel S Aberlour, United Kingdom
If I am correct in viewing this photo of hotel ---- this place is in receivership! From the reviews it is not before time. Nasty shock when we turned up to book in last week -- as the booking had been made through the week before. Turned out alright as we, 8 of us, were upgaded to a great place right in the heart of things, but it could have been awful if we had to search for a place ourselves. had not been informed that place was shut. They were as shocked as we were. Not rating this hotel as there isn't a rate low enough!
02/26/13 pcoon
I have never written a review for a hotel but byyyy farrrr the most terrible place i have ever stayed. The pool was closed all weekend..continental breakfast..yea was just some cereal. Also the beds were dirty and one of the managers walked right into our rooms without even knocking which was absurd...i will never stay here ever again.
"If you like bugs, blood and all kinds of nasty, here is the place for you"
01/23/13 Ashlee D Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
I stayed here the night of my wedding. I still havent figured out exactly what was going through my head at the time, but never again. My husband stayed at the room the first night as my friends and i stayed at my house. I got a phone call about an hour after he got there asking to find him a different hotel. Being niagara falls on a weekend in augest, this is impossible. The next night when i got to the room, i decided at first glance it wasnt that bad. Then i looked around. There was blood on the floor, walls and ceiling, the floors where never vaccummed and the bed smelt like a diaper. There was a ring around the bathtub and you could barely open the shower door. I called the front desk and asked them to bringup a vaccum and some glasses so we could have some drinks in the room and clean it up. there was cob webs in the corners and hair in the bathroom on the floor. The front desk brought me up a vaccum and instead of saying, sorry for the conidtion on the room, I was told to "have fun" at this point i was beyond mad and left. I went bak the next morning and got a talk with the manager. We got our money back and a free weekend at the hotel when ever we want. How ever, the free weekend is never going to happen as i would rather stay away from the dirtyness and rude staff.
"very nice"
11/03/12 jeannecp55 Windsor, Canada
we recently spent a saturday evening at the Best Days. i believe it was formerly a quality inn. this place has a few recent updates and our room was very clean, with a fridge, microwave, fireplace, and 2 of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. mattress & box springs were both wrapped in plastic & a waterproof cover so no worry of bugs! nice touch. definate quality for the price.
"Dirty, bugs, rats(?) - overall very poor"
10/21/12 Tim W Norwich, United Kingdom
Booked 3 rooms for family for 8 nights, so between us we had experience of 24 nights, to experience just how poor this hotel really is. Rooms were dirty. Also during the whole duration they were never cleaned. The last few days they couldn't even be bothered to make the beds or empty bins. Room keys generally stopped working for all of us at differentg times and took at least 30 mins to regain access, as there were never any staff around. Continental break was included, but not every day, unless pressed. This included muffins (as the week went on they became more stale, but had the addition of ants included free of charge) and occasionally mini croissants, but changed to buscuits later in the week, plus warm orange juice, tea, coffee and on the last day, gone off milk. One room experienced a leak coming through the ceiling when the overhead occupant had a shower. It also has additional guests staying behind the firepace - stratching noises and when the fire place was knocked, squeaking noises (Mice or rats?). I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
"Needs new management"
10/04/12 Prussik Tucson, Arizona
Three good things, location, free parking and comfortable bed. Lots of negatives. Paper thin walls. Upon arrival was told that there was no breakfast (signs to the contrary). Found out that a continental breakfast was available later. Ice machine close to room broken. Both card keys stopped working twice in three days. Room never vacuumed. Fireplace did not work. Indoor pool closed (looked fully operational to me). Bathroom door would not fully close or open. Thermostat setting would change by itself. No security whatsoever (outer doors not locked, room sliding glass door without latch - 2nd floor). Poor TV reception and very limited channel selection. Staff seemed aloof and it appeared that customers were an inconvenience.
"Great value hotel"
09/20/12 woodmac Pensacola
For my wife and Me, a hotel should be clean, feel safe, provide basic amenities (soap, ice, hair dryer, and wireless Internet) but in the end is a place to sleep undisturbed, not a place to live in. Oh, I do like free parking when I'm driving. We have had a mixed experience staying in B&B's and felt the offerings in Niagara on the Lake were pricey. We only chose this place after reading all the reviews. In the end, it was fine, with the savings per day covering all our daily meal expenses. NOTL is a pleasant 20-25 minute drive from this hotel. A short drive in the opposite direction takes you to all the offerings at that Falls. (The town of Niagara Falls is depressingly touristy to the max. We left three breakfast establishments after viewing their buffets. We did eat breakfast at the Marriot at the falls, where parking is free for restaurant guests. Although their buffet is $20 a head, it was very good and our view of the falls was excellent. We took the rail elevator from there down to waters edge and enjoyed a pleasant walk to the boarding station for Maids of the Mist.) Our bed was wonderfully comfortable and the basic amenities were present. The hotel is certainly due for a refurbishing but it fully met our needs. I did need to search for a functioning ice machine but did find ONE. If you approach this hotel with appropriate expectations, you will not be disappointed.
"sat sept 16th 2012"
09/16/12 Robert C Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Where do i start...oh 1 3pm check in?One ice machine when the baseball teams drained it during the day.There still wasn't any at 8pm?.The other machine is broken.Management says it takes awhile,what 8 hours!The place has diffent prices.Anything from $50 to $93.We paid $68.Restaurant is closed for the season,more like it wasn't open all year.The hallways smell!!!,Nothing really works!!!.The place should be condemned.
"Not too bad"
09/07/12 caro_dubuc Montreal, Canada
We stayed there one night in the week after the labour day and it was really dead. There were some bad smells and a bad looking in the corridor but the room was great. The Hotel is a bit far from down town but the parking free so it doesn't really bother us to pay 5$ or 10$ for the parking down town.
"Great Value and LOCATION !!!!!!"
09/04/12 DonnaandRick Akron Ohio
Stayed 2 nites. Our room was clean. Parking easy and free, and coffee and muffins in the AM made this a real value for Niagra Falls area on holiday weekend. I was cautious after several negative reviews, but found our room to be very clean,sheets, bedding very clean and comfy. The location is wonderful...peaceful, on the Niagra River. An easy 3 min drive to the Falls one way...and easy beautiful 15 min drive the other direction to Niagra on the Lake and wine country. Our 2nd floor room alowed us easy entrance (no steps) from the back parking lot. Just know this is a budget type motel, but the location is far better and more peaceful, than any of the more expensive hotels we have stayed previously. When you want the chaos, you can drive 3 minutes and be in the heart of it all!!! We will stay here again.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews