All hotels in Duncan, British Columbia, Canada
5325 Trans Canada Hwy, Duncan, BC, V9L5J2, Canada, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
"breakfast."
Breakfast was below average. I end up drinking coffee and more cofee. Staff were friendly. The owner need to spend some $$$ to upgrade the cafeteria.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
tenzin
"Great Super 8!"
Very comfortable stay, good continental brekkie included! Great mattress, everything clean. For an older property- does not stink of old cigarettes!! Good effort in sprucing up. Be careful accessing property: after turning off at traffic lts, safer to turn in at 2nd access, depending on traffic behind you! Be safe. Smitty's restaurant also onsite
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
ddierdre
"Clean no frills stay"
After the 20 minute wait to get someone to the counter to check us in the rest of our stay was fine. If you are looking for a clean affordable place to stay with no frills this is it. The room was small for the two queen beds so if you have kids this might not be the best place, really only room to walk around the beds, nothing more. Nice laminate flooring, the bathroom appeared to have been recently redone, again small but clean. For those just looking for a place to sleep and shower it was great. This place did have free breakfast but we didn't try it (too many other things to do/see) and a restaurant attached (again didn't try it).
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
April
"clean and quiet"
I would stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
mike
"Great one night stop"
Very friendly front desk staff, comfortable, clean room was a bit chilly at first, but nice to have just a regular baseboard heater you can turn up rather than an air blowing type that is always switching on and off! Convenient to have coffee and tea available all the time and the breakfast in the morning is great.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Acceptable place except for WIFI"
Clean friendly, nice breakfast. WIFI do not work well in our room...had to go to lobby to get a workable signal.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"OK for the price"
"The staff were lovely, the rest of the hotel was what you would expect for a Super 8, a place to sleep and that's all. My room had a refrigerator but no microwave, however there was a microwave in the lobby. I was there for a week long seminar so would have appreciated a microwave in the room for cooking. It's close to shopping but not really in walking distance. I believe the Thunderbird in in Duncan is a better choice for slightly less money,
6 night trip May 12, 2013
The room was fine and dog friendly but warm and didn't seem to have air conditioning. Staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the hotel bar was underneath our room and when it closed the crowd woke you up for about an hour before it settled down again.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
Grace
"no comment"
I don't choose to writte anythig. I choose not to add anything else
Other trip Sep 10, 2012

"Super 8 Duncan"
As expected and good service.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Robin
"Dirty, small, bad location. Shop elsewhere first."
Very disappointed in everything except the service. But there's not much they can do with what they are working with. The room with double beds was really small. Cleanliness was poor. Mold in showers, filthy fixtures, dungy rugs. I'm pretty sure there's blood smeared on the wall in the stairway. Also, the location is in a bad part of town. No sidewalks to walk into Duncan. Overall, not close to other Super8 hotels we've been to. Anything over $80 night, you are not getting value for your money. We feel ripped off for the $150 we paid.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Clint
"Business stop"
Overnight stay
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
"Never go back"
I stayed one night at this hotel on a business trip. The staff was somewhat friendly. The hotel doesn't have an elevator. My room was on ground floor. You could hear people walking in the hallway, walking above you, and even past midnight, you could still hear people talking. It was one of the most horrible experience I had with a hotel. My sleep was terrible. No doubt I will never go back.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the park we were at."
The hotel was great. Would stay there again. The football camp we went to was fantastic. The staff at the hotel was great. It was an enjoyable weekend.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Reasonable hotel"
Checked in after dinner - relatively painless other than the desk clerk spoke broken English but he took pains to ensure he was understood clearly. He actually went up to the room and checked everything was complete and when he found a discrepancy, he changed our room. Slight smoke odour in the hallway but not evident in the room. The only downside of the experience at all was the fact that the bathroom light switch was outside the bathroom with the fan hooked to it so if one of us had to use the bathroom in the night, the room was flooded with light and the sound of the fan. Pretty small thing to have to dig that deep to find something wrong. A small annoyance
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
H & S
"Duncan Super 8"
Cleanliness a problem.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"You Get What You Pay For"
I had a great rate for a hotel with no extras.
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"Duncan"
Stayed for the rate and for that price, it should have been a little nicer. Staff was great.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good value for money"
short stay on a cold night - we called ahead to get the heating turned on in our room as have found it cold on arrival before and they had already turned it on! Breakfast room was freezing in the morning though!
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Garbage"
Tub wouldn't shutoff Toilet constantly running Toiletries were not replaced daily
don
"Duncan Super 8"
A quick overnight visit to see friends. Hotel was convenient, clean and quiet. Basic amenities, low cost, fine for an overnight stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
Beverly
"Great Quality for Price"
My daughter and I had a great restful stay while at a wedding in town. Enjoyed room size and the little balcony was great. Would definitely book again.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
C. R.
Nice stay. Not too bad for a Super 8.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"Phantom breakfast"
I booked bed and breakfast for one night. Breakfast was to be served from 7-10am. I went down at 8am and the reception and lobby was all locked up and in darkness. I Ended up paying for breskfast at Smithys next door (which was great). Came back to get my bags and check out about 8.45am and still closed and nobody there. I think May be I was the only guest staying so the guy didn't bother getting out of bed?
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Cooper
"Nice hotel for one night"
I stayed one night and found the room very clean. The hotel is older but the hotel staff was quire courteous on both check in and check out. There was a small waffle breakfast the next morning.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Gloria
"Best Super 8 on the island!"
This was our second stay here. It is exceptionally clean and the staff take pride in excellent service. Breakfast includes 'make your own waffles' .
2 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2014
Suepy
"Not what I expected for a Super 8"
The hall by our room smelled like kitty litter and I think our room must have been a pet room too.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Nice cozy hotel with newer interior"
I definitely enjoyed the night there. The room was small but very cozy and clean. There was a kurig for coffee inside of the room and super clean linens. Overall the room was really good for the price. Don't let the outside of the building fool ya!
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"UNEVER AGAIN"
The towels and bed sheets had hair on them. The other bath towel I took was filthy. I talked to the night clerk regarding the overall condition of the room, he advised me I could not get my money back as I had booked on line.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Sharon and ben
"Provincial playdowns AAA Mosquito"
We needed a room for 2 nights to watch our grandsons ball team play in the Provincials. I used our 2 free nights towards this stay. Our room was small, 2 double beds, fridge, wifi, old style tv, (should have flat screens by now) the breakfast area was well supplied with real cutlery, plates and bowls. Most places we stay at have plastic and styrofoam. Smittys Restaurant and a nightclub are attached to the hotel. There is shopping, eateries, Chances Casino within a short drive.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
David W.
"As expected for a 2-star"
OK. Needs updating. Convenient location for our purpose. A bed to sleep in and not much else.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Family Business"
My son and I visited Duncan for family business, this hotel was the only one in the immediate vicinity with a vacancy. I felt we paid too much for what we got. The hotel room was clean, but extremely small as was the bathroom and I hate bathrooms that have the fan and light on the same switch. The breakfast offering was mediocre at best. On Saturday night we were awakened by people running through the hallways and out the exit.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Margaret
"Limited Options In Duncan"
Older property in need of major facelift. Check in & out complicated by computer problems. Staff nice but disinterested. Very dated rooms- poor maintenance evident.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Bob Dubbert
"Waffles!"
The staff were very friendly! It wasn't a busy weekend for them so when we checked in, the lady at the front upgraded our room for us. Our room was a decent size and quite clean. The continental breakfast was definitely above average because you can make your own waffles! Overall, we were pleasantly surprised with how nice of a stay it was for under $100 a night and if we're ever in the area again, we will certainly be staying here again!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Quinn
"It was ok"
The bed was uncomfortable, the room I had was very small. For an old hotel it's wasn't the worst. Could really use an update but for the 1 night I was staying it did the trick.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
jd
"Complete crap"
This was the most dumpy hotel I've ever been in. I felt gross just being inside. It stank, the sheets were rough, the carpet was ugly and the vending machine was broken. We didn't even stay an hour. We left. Waaaay too expensive
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
"repeat stay"
When we were here in November we got in late and the room was freezing and took forever to warm up. This time the room was warm despite the frigid temp outside. The lobby was freezing but the FREE breakfast more than made up for it. Our room was quiet and what we expected and I'm sure we'll be back.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Catherine
"Not the Nicest Area"
The area was not great, the halls were quite dark. It is a little older. The sheets and pillowcases were clean, beds not very comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Okay if you need a place to crash and not staying for very long.
Other trip Jan 17, 2014
"quiet and comfy"
Location was quiet and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good and easy.Staff great and friendly.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"Breakfast"
Orange and apple juice was close to being water. Breakfast was simply not good. When the milk was warmed in the microwave it simply turned into custard.l suspect it was expired. Doughnut was as hard as stone.taken out from deep freezer and served. I had my 4 kids with me and we booked into two rooms .there prize for the room was so high compared to service. I will never return I
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
kafui
"Old Motel...needs renos"
The room was very small...barely room to walk at end of beds and beside walls. The room was very cold and took a LONG time for the heat to warm it up. The hallways were even colder. The tub drain was plugged and we left a note for HSKP to fix which they did...much better. Had to ask for more soap and shampoo towels etc. We checked in for 4 ppl but only enough for 1 person. A bit musty smelling and the windows were very sweaty and dripping wet. The staff was good though and very friendly. A bit un nerving to find out one morning that the adjacent door to the restaurant was kicked in during the night. I will not stay there again....I will find another hotel in Duncan :(
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"The staff was very helpful."
We had a good time.; Just think that the price was sorta high for what one got. Duncan is a small town and I'd of thought Super 8 being in the same league as Motel 6 would be comparable but not so. Otherwise it was a good place to stay and having a Smittys that close was great.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Couldn'y use bathroom as no shower-bath supports for handicapped.We relocated to another motrl nearby.
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2013
Insley
"Good over nighter"
Stayed here before so knew what to expect - unfortunately we checked in later in the evening and the room was freezing and with hardwood floors and a small baseboard heater did not warm up very quickly! It might be worth calling ahead and getting them to turn the heat up before you arrive if it's cooler and you're arriving late. Other than that it is clean, dog friendly and great value.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"1 week stay"
I stayed in room 101. It was renovated, that was a bonus but a shorage of plugs.. I found myself unplugging things to plug my electronics... Smittys is the resturant attached You could hear ppl above and beside you.. Breakfast was great!!!
4 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
"Only M8 in Duncan"
It was good, but i would consider lower rates!
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Room was clean, and appeared to have had some recent upgrades. However, the room was tight and quite dated. We had an issue with the shower control not working properly and which we mentioned to the front desk the next morning. When we showered that night, the shower was still not functioning properly. During my second night's stay, while watching television, I saw a bug crawling on my bed. I googled "bed bugs" and it looked very similar to the pictures on my computer screen. For the "bug" reason alone, I would never go back!
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Amazing stay"
Room was spotless. Staff extremely helpful. Older hotel but well maintained.
2 night trip Sep 2, 2013
Sue p
"Easy ti Find"
Not all that clean - spots on the rug and door frame. Bed was comfortable. It was a bit too warm in the room. Continental breakfast was more than adequate and the coffee was superb. We could hear a lot of noise during the night as we were trying to sleep - doors closing loudly!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"great"
The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful we would stay again !
Other trip May 22, 2013