All hotels in Duncan, British Columbia, Canada

• Value
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities

"The staff was very helpful."
We had a good time.; Just think that the price was sorta high for what one got. Duncan is a small town and I'd of thought Super 8 being in the same league as Motel 6 would be comparable but not so. Otherwise it was a good place to stay and having a Smittys that close was great.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Couldn'y use bathroom as no shower-bath supports for handicapped.We relocated to another motrl nearby.
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2013
Insley
"Good over nighter"
Stayed here before so knew what to expect - unfortunately we checked in later in the evening and the room was freezing and with hardwood floors and a small baseboard heater did not warm up very quickly! It might be worth calling ahead and getting them to turn the heat up before you arrive if it's cooler and you're arriving late. Other than that it is clean, dog friendly and great value.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"1 week stay"
I stayed in room 101. It was renovated, that was a bonus but a shorage of plugs.. I found myself unplugging things to plug my electronics... Smittys is the resturant attached You could hear ppl above and beside you.. Breakfast was great!!!
4 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
"Only M8 in Duncan"
It was good, but i would consider lower rates!
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Room was clean, and appeared to have had some recent upgrades. However, the room was tight and quite dated. We had an issue with the shower control not working properly and which we mentioned to the front desk the next morning. When we showered that night, the shower was still not functioning properly. During my second night's stay, while watching television, I saw a bug crawling on my bed. I googled "bed bugs" and it looked very similar to the pictures on my computer screen. For the "bug" reason alone, I would never go back!
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Amazing stay"
Room was spotless. Staff extremely helpful. Older hotel but well maintained.
2 night trip Sep 2, 2013
Sue p
"Easy ti Find"
Not all that clean - spots on the rug and door frame. Bed was comfortable. It was a bit too warm in the room. Continental breakfast was more than adequate and the coffee was superb. We could hear a lot of noise during the night as we were trying to sleep - doors closing loudly!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"great"
The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful we would stay again !
Other trip May 22, 2013
"Great value, good nights sleep and nice breakfast"
Very accomodating, clean and comfortable. A bit out of town and no sidewalks on highway mean you can't walk easily back into town - but you can walk along the disused railway into town I think - didn't try it! Great value for a good nights sleep and the addtition of waffles on the continental breakfast make this hotel such good value!
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
"Motel 8 duncan"
I think it was very over priced I hung the towel on rack it fell down the bath tub would not go down so you could not have a bath the room was so small two people could not pass we went and had a drink I order my mix on the side the second on was so watered down. I told the waitres and she tasted the drink and brought me another one would not recommend this motel Signed. Joyce
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Joy
"A night at the Ballet"
I love that Super 8 Hotel in Duncan. We had stayed there before and when I heard the Ballet was performing in Duncan I knew I would book into the Super 8 and stay the night instead of driving over the Malahat Mountain at night to return home. Not only are the rooms clean and comfy but I had the added bonus of being able to enjoy a leisurely drink in the bar of Smitty's (connected to the Hotel) before the show as a friend was driving me to the ballet. After the Ballet we returned to the pub and enjoyed the rest of the evening interacting with the locals. We were both able to enjoy a drink at that stage because I had booked us both in to stay the night even though my friend lives in Duncan. Definitely recommended for a girls night out. Thanks to the very friendly staff. I will be back.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2013
"One night stay."
A worn out facility in the town of Duncan. Not much more to say.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Alex
"Never Again"
The check in front desk attendant was friendly, but we were shocked by the 25 year old decor and what passed for a double bed room. The attendant offered us an upgrade for the next day, but did not advise the morning attendant so she wasn't sure what to do. We did get our upgrade which was a larger bed, but it was still an old room. The headboard hung on one nail on the wall and the furniture was badly scratched and old. No bad smells and the bathrooms were dated, but nicer. We will not be choosing this option again.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2013

DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Duncan

"Not So Super"
01/04/16 Lesliegrabove Parksville
Extremely small rooms. No heat for hours. Basically a meat locker. Rooms on third floor are the quietest but no elevator. Hotel attendant offered to help lug up our luggage. Basic breakfast. Not in a good part if town at all. Wouldn't feel safe if travelling by myself. Worried about my vehicle being broke into, no security in parking area at all.
"It was okay"
11/29/15 920VBmom Courtenday
Overall the room was fine, my issue was with the bathroom. The showerhead seal was broken resulting in water spraying over the curtain onto the floor, and my clean clothes. Of course, this was only seen after everything was wet. I reported this to staff at check out. In addition, the caulking and grout needed a good cleaning/replacement.
"exceeded my expectations"
11/17/15 soupgroup White Rock, Canada
We prebooked this location as it was all that was left to accommodate our hockey team. We found the hotel just past the downtown core, possibly in a not so nice part of the town. It's location made it difficult t to walk to shopping and food. Pulling in it appeared tattered and past it's prime. however, we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The rooms were spotless and beautifully redone. The staff out did themselves in politeness and willingness to help. The light breakfast included with our stay was delicious and more than enough. Our family would definitely stay there again.
"Nice place to stay in Duncan"
11/03/15 Inalimo Port Moody, Canada
The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good but it would be nice if they had eggs available too. The room was nice and clean and the shower was good. The location is close to downtown which is nice.
"Superb 8"
10/04/15 richardmA1333TA Burnaby, Canada
I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and overall presentation of the location.
"Friendly staff. The room was noisy because of the squeeky..."
09/23/15 crocus2015 Surrey, British Columbia
Friendly staff. The room was noisy because of the squeeky floor above me. It would be nice to have a chair in the room so guests do not have to sit on the bed. Good basic accommodation.
"Our Stay at the Super 8 in Duncan"
09/22/15 B1127ZOwendyw Coquitlam, Canada
We stayed in a room with a queen sized bed and a Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi was a wonderful part of our stay. On the down side, we could hear every sound of the person above us - every footstep as well as the toilet use and flushing. We stayed two nights but the room didn't receive a freshening up which was odd. I would also like to suggest that a few gluten free items be added to the continental breakfast, because as a celiac there were not many options for me.
"Superior service"
08/27/15 O3476FFdavidc Hamilton, Canada
In town for a couple of days for my nephews wedding. I selected the Super 8 on the recommendation of my nephew and I was happy that I did. Misty and all of the ladies at the Super 8 went out of there way to ensure that our stay was the best that they could provide. I was very impressed with the service from all of the staff and I would happily recommend the Duncan Super 8 to my family and friends.
"Yikes"
08/19/15 JanDerrick Red Deer, Canada
Hi I am sad to say I will never stay in a super 8 again. Before we arrived in Duncan my sister called and said what the heck are you thinking do not stay there. We tried to change but could not so we decided to be hopefully it would be fine. Well .. the gal at the front was great then we went to our room the halls a stairs are filthy cobwebs on the roof. our room at first sight was fine minus the horrible spray that had been sprayed in the room to cover I assume past smells. The bathroom well lets not even start. Gross!! Bottom door to the hotel was left open all the time we kept closing it due to wanting to feel safe out side that door was a huge pile of butts and beer cans,
"Motel was dated, everything looked shabby, tired looking..."
08/17/15 Paul H Kelowna, Canada
Motel was dated, everything looked shabby, tired looking. Staff were good but quality of facility not up to Super8s we've stayed at.