All hotels in Canton, Michigan, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Food is not good
"Very dirty"
We checked in, went to our room and the smell was horrible. There was a big, black bug in the middle of floor. We went to desk and explained our problem and they offered us a second room. The second room smelled worse. We ended up finding another hotel. The staff was nice and made sure we incurred no charges for the two nights we were supposed to stay.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"you get what you pay for."
Outside was dirty. Cigarette butts all over the ground.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
Raymond
"measures need to be taken"
The room was comfortable, but the bedroom seem to have bedbugs or flying small insects, I had the worst arms and legs bumpy rash I ever had in my life!
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Aus
"Cheap really means cheap..."
Right off the bat, when trying to check in the lobby was full of disgruntled people. The clerk had a hard time getting the key cards to work, which 1 did not when we got to our room. The stairs to the 2nd floor (on both ends) were dark and swarmed with flies due to a large garbage bin at the bottom of them. Our room reaked of cigarette smoke. Having had to sing a statement that I wouldn't smoke in the room (am a non-smoker) and opting for a non-smoking room, it was not pleasant. I had to go to the store and buy air-freshener to make the room tolerable. At 6pm, the pool was decent, except for the teen couple that was making out and hanging on each other the entire time my son was in the pool. Someone had also dumped an entire bag of popcorn in the walkway as well. I didn't have the breakfast, so I can't comment on it. My lesson learned was that you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"VERY MISLEADING!!!"
The pictures on the website do not equal the real thing. Room was basically clean but very used. It had a horrible smell as if someone threw up and it wasn't cleaned well. Had to leave the door open (windows do not open) and deodorize the room for an hour before we could stay in it. We also slept on top of the comforter on our own blankets; could trust sleeping in their sheets. The control panel for the air conditioning/heater was detached from the main unit leaving exposed wires. It did work but you had to be careful around the wires. The pictures showed a sparkling pool and deck; while the water seemed clean the deck and chairs were definitely well used, to put it mildly. I guess it's the old saying; "You get what you pay for". Won't stay there again for any price!!!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"One star"
Dirty and rundown. Room smelled of smoke. Did not feel safe. Would not recommend or return!
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Not set up for all handicapped people."
They have a full size bathtub which I could not get my legs over so I could not shower! The breakfast is down 3 stairs. I can't do stairs with my walker. They offered my going all the way around the building and coming in the back door, not acceptable. So one of the people offered to help me down the stairs and back up when I had finished. The room smelled like smoke and there were many cigarett butts outside my room.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Peggy
"moving"
It was a very nice room I would stay there again
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Cheap but not worth it"
Where to begin, on a 90+ day, the last thing you want is an air conditioner that either doesnt work or doesn't work enough. Here is a hint, if you do not see algae growing on the ac unit outside your room, most likely your ac does not work enough (i did have friends in other rooms who said their ac was very good). So when you wake up from a bad nights sleeping in sweat, you might like some coffee. Sorry, the coffee maker doesn't work. However, when the shower switches from cold to hot mid shower, that will wake you up. On the positive side, the staff seemed nice, the bed was comfy, and the price was very affordable.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Todd
Needs updating.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
karla
Room smelled like smoke and not very clean. Old does not have to be dirty. Would not go back.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Kind of a truck stop hotel"
A lot of "permanent" residents here that have a great interest in partying throughout the night. The hotel is conveniently located for easy access to Detroit or Ann Arbor, fairly clean but outdated decor. The real downfall was the riff riff that always seemed to be loitering around. Couldn't enjoy the pool because I was constantly keeping an eye on my kids.
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Kenneth
"Ok but could be way better."
I stay in the hotel for 4 nights. It wasn't until the second night l noticed that the top cover had blood stains on it. I was then moved to another room that was a bit better but the top covers had burn marks going all the way through the cover. I will probably pay more to stay at a nicer place. But the staff was nice and friendly.
4 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Jonathan
"HOG PEN AT THE BEST!!!!!!"
DID NOT HAVE HOUSE KEEPING CLEAN ROOM OR PROVIDE TOWELS, (5 DAY STAY) EVEN AFTER NUMEROUS TRIP TO THE OFFICE AND DISCUSSED WITH THE STAFF.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
JOHN
"Days inn in Canton, Mi"
We stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks waiting for our house to be finished. The room was not clean when we arrived, I cleaned it. Dust everywhere, paper in the corner from the previous person, smell was horrible, bed sheets were with holes, the bed cover with holes and dirty. Free breakfast, everyday the same even on the weekend, sometimes was not enough for everyone, koffee cans were almost all the time empty, bread was dry, milk missing or creamer too... At the end of our time there, somebody from an opposite room smoked and the smell came to our room. It is an smoked free hotel. I could not sleep for 2 nights because of the smell. I had to complain several time before something was done. They told me to buy febreze and sprayed it in the carpet room.
TravelOfTheWind
Motel is outdated and kinda ran down. Housekeeping didn't change bedding when requested, nor did they restock the room (coffee, soaps, etc.) Pool area concrete was broken and uneven.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Canton's Dirty little secret."
The room was very dirty! Not enough towels, and the pool was a tub. the breakfast was a joke and they did not replenish the soap that broke as soon as you took it out the package. The remote did not work, and the key cards needed to be changed every time we came back in.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Ahmed
"you get what you paid for"
This is an OK motel. We have to take our daughter for orientation and we booked last minute. All hotels in the campus were fully booked. At the price of $60 per night, you got free parking, microwave, breakfast, and wifi. Can't complaint. However, the air in the room is not fresh. The towels are not clean. I saw dirty spots and had to request for a change. And the new towels I got are dirty too. We stayed for two nights. No one cleaned the room or change garbage bags for the second day. Everything is DIY. Won't come back again. I'll remember to book early next time.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Front Desk Employees make this place!"
Monique and Lissa were SUPER helpful. They were not only quick with recommendations they go out of their way to make you feel like you are a guest in their home.
2 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
This hotel was horrible. I couldnt check in until 3 and the hotel was basically empty at 1:00. Once i was able to check in I dropped my bags and left on business. Please check your 1st. Once I returned late in the evening I was shocked at the rooms condition. Very unclean. The walls were dirty. Avoid.Very cheap price but avoid.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Sean
"Just an OK hotel"
This was probably one of the lower end Days Inn we have stayed at. The room was dirty around the trim. The bathtub was stained brown on the bottom, we thought it was dirt, but it didnt move when water was on. The AC unit was broken on the surface but still worked. The pool was nice, but could use updating.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Toni
Room smelled like cigarettes and made my clothes smell like that, the breakfast was OK, but there were so many fruit flies I didn't want to stay and eat, staff, not very friendly, location great.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Very Bad neighborhood. Not very friendly, although the front desk person did get better when I asked for a new room as the air was blowing heat in the room we were given.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
They made me sign a paper about not smoking in a non-smoking room. I don't smoke, but if I did, wouldn't I just reserve a smoking room? Anyway, the room had been smoked in, and the alarm did not work. There was dirt in the corners of the bathroom floor, and smoke ashes had been flicked behind the night stand. In general there were cob web around the outside, and the climate control units were looking their age, but they still worked good. The laundry facility looked like some old closet with coin operated machines, no irons to be found. The breakfast not very impressive but the coffee was fine. All the other guest were very polite.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Not the best area."
Not the hotel fault, but area was a bit bad. Carpet was horrible shape. My only complaint. It was in bad condition.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Worst hotel to stay!"
Worst hotel! Really smelly rooms and towels! No friendly staff and we booked for non smoking room but we could smell more than just smoke! Cleaning was not done to the room at all! Terrible place to stay.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"275 and Michigan Ave."
Trash piled up 6 feet, stairwell stink of urine. Filthy stairs, gross. Booked six weeks in advance, still second floor room. 80 pounds of luggage, had to climb in stinking stairwell, humid and horrific. Trash too large blocking stairs. Room was decent. No iron, had to go and pick up the iron, no one would bring it. Quite low quality place. Never going back there.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Deborah
"Don't stay here"
Checked in late on a busy week for the area-got the last available room. Ugh. Outside the door of the room next door was what looked like a trailer trash scene, complete with folding lawn chairs, pizza boxes, and empty beer cans. The room didn't look that bad, at least it was pretty clean. The sink had one of those pull handles that was in need of replacing-you practically had to stand on the sink and pull with all your might to get it to come on. The mini fridge didn't work, in fact it was more like a mini oven-you could heat up your food in there. The air conditioning worked okay. The bed was so-so. Was supposed to stay four nights. Told the staff of the issues on night one. No remedies on day two. Asked for a different room. They told me maybe if the guy upstairs checks out-they were still totally booked. The last straw was the bug bites that my girlfriend and I had after night two. I wasn't sure if they were something from our day outside, but it seemed weird that other people we were with weren't bit up this way. Itchy bites up and down our arms, on neck, and I had a bite on my ear lobe. Quickly packed up clothes, and left. Called hotel later to say we were checking out early. Didn't mention the bug bites. Guess I should have investigated the mattress and any wall crevices for definite proof. Anyway, hotel said I couldn't get a refund for unused nights because I paid online. So, moral of the story is be careful of lower rated hotels and the non-refundable rate on Expedi
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Not Recommended"
Housekeeping in room was terrible or none. Had to ask to have linens changed. Cleaning rags and wet towels were left on unmade bed. Air conditioning made loud buzzing noise and not able to sleep. Police, fire trucks and ambulance were there numerous times. Breakfast was skimpy; hard bread for toasting and only 1 kind of adult cereal and apples were not available every day. Room was old and tired. Staff did not seem interested in assisting you and sat around lobby visiting with each other.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"You get what you pay for..."
The hotel is non-smoking, but smokers hang out on the balcony/walkway so the room continually smelled of smoke. The outside stairways -- the only access to the second floor -- were dark and dirty. The room was not clean, as I discovered when I had to reach behind the dresser and nightstand for dropped items. Bathtub, although clean, had unsightly repair patches and paint drips. Towels were very thin and therefore not absorbent. Breakfast was cereal, toast and yogurt, which gets boring after a few times. OK for the price level I guess. The staff was helpful and provided additional towels, soap and shampoo. A relative bright spot.
5 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
bath sink was pluged. 4 people 2 towels. light in stairway out. windows very dirty.air cond.was not strong at all. bath smelled like someone had smoke in it..
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
neddie
"Another hotel in Canton, MI"
Well located close to the airport. However the A/C did not work. Also, hallways and stairways are quite dirty. There are trash cans in every corner of the building but they were full so there are a lot of bugs and bees in these areas. Also handrails on the second floor were quite dirty. This is a place for someone who needs to catch a flight the next morning.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Globetrotter
"very quiet and close to the expressway"
This is the 2nd time i've stayed at this hotel. The room was spacious, the beds comfortable. It was also very quiet. Did not hear anyone next to me or on the 2nd floor.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Good
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice area near Detroit, but not in the city center"
We loved being a reasonable driving distance from The Henry Ford museum and other attractions staying at a very affordable, comfortable hotel.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Lora
"Don't stay here"
The inside of the room was very nice and comfortable. It appeared to be very clean until we moved the bed about 3 inches to access the electrical outlet, and found condom wrappers. The outside of the hotel was in poor condition. There also seem to be some illegal activity in the parking lot. We will not stay there ever again.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Rebecca
seemed to be a lot of people hanging around in front of my door all hours of the night. Maybe it was just a little unsettling for me.However would stay there again very nice staff
2 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
jose
"Hotel needs a lot of work! Stay at your own risk."
The hotel on the outside looks dirty, inside the hotel room smells like cigarettes, I was in a non smoking room, the sheets & bedspreads didn't look clean, the carpet was dirty, I kept towels under my feet as I walked & the bathroom needs a total power wash because the bathtub had grounded in dirt. I had to go buy bleach & pinesol to clean the whole room, the room was horrible. No bugs.. Thank God. The microwave needs to be updated & the wifi didn't work most of the time. As for the pool area: the pool was clean but the tables, chairs & fence needs a good wash down & the grass between the cracks around the pool needs to be pulled up & maintained.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Shae
"Very friendly staff"
The staff were very friendly, there was a drain issue and it was taken care of by the maintenance personnel very quickly. We stayed 3 nights, went out of the state and came back for another night. If in this area again, I'd stay here. For the price is not a bad place to spend the night.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"What do you expect for a low priced hotel?"
I only come to this hotel because of the price. I barely spend time in the room except to sleep. My recent stay was disappointing though. Overall, all of the rooms smell like stale nicotine. Housekeeping missed my room one of the days and when I asked for new towels, the clerk was perplexed as to why I even asked. The final night I was there, there was a leak coming from the light above my toilet. When I called, the lady said "well, maintenance isn't there until morning, will you be able to deal with it?" I was so frustrated! I didn't know if it was toilet water, or what else. She finally went up to see if the room above me had overflowed their tub. The leak seemed to stop after that, but my floor was soaked. In addition, when I checked in, I purposely gave the clerk my charge card to charge. However, the next morning, I found out that they had charged my debit card which I had used to reserve the room. I was furious. I'll pay the extra money per night and go somewhere else next time.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
casey
"Smoky Room"
Room smelled of smoke. Used soap was in tub.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"The right price"
The hotel was nice very clean and in a good spot right off 275. The bathroom was very small and being over 6' it was rough but overall a ver nice hotel for the price i will be staying there again
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
"People Live at this place!"
Really low scale with actual tenants!!!! Literally makes you feel as though you are uninvited! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! Beware !
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Tina
Decent hotel that seems to be declining... people were smoking and drinking on the balcony, room wasn't cleaned each day and breakfast was really sparse. But, the location was where we needed to be and the people working there were very nice and responsive.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Maidless"
We have stayed here several times before, and given this motel good ratings. NOT this time. FOUR days, and the maid never showed up once. Had to go get clean towels from the office every night. We just piled the dirty ones outside the door.
4 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Arthur
The rooms smelled like smoke and there wasn't much of a breakfast. There were cigarette burns in the sheets and wallpaper coming off the walls.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Room not clean... and a little scary"
Room was filthy and the building was rundown- old open food in drawers, dirty pillow cases, garbage on the floors and under beds. Staff just apologized for condition of the room but did not clean it. In the middle of the night, people were setting off fireworks next to my car. Too many things wrong here to mention. I would suggest looking elsewhere.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Horrible experience"
I found the staff to be rude, the room was extremely dirty, there was one hand towel in the room when I arrived and it took three calls and to trips to my room by staff to get towels (which took almost two hours). The furniture was held together with wood screws and the towel rack next to the tub was falling off the wall.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Good stay
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Ugh!!!"
After we were there about four hours, my Mom dropped a pen between the bed and table and when she went to pick it up, much to our surprise, next to the pen, we found a half eaten sandwich......it had mold and bugs on it. They moved us to a new room, and the plumbing was not working right in that one...never again...
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015